[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: NTEAD_Logo_banner[1].jpg (81 KB, 600x421)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Do any of you work for your city/region's public transit? Buses, subway, etc. Could be as an operator or any position in the agency.

I have frequently thought about joining my region's subway agency in some sort of position because I have ridden it every day for many years, and really appreciate how it has allowed me to not need to deal with car ownership. However, I cannot get over thinking about how by working for the agency, I would be complicit in helping/allowing for the transportation of all the scum and pieces of shit who use the system (usually illegally by fare jumping) like homeless, drug addicts, criminals, and other groups who get onto the system and make the experience negative for actual well-to-do riders.
>>
>>2006975
I dare you !@€#?! to run over a pedestrian or cyclist one more time cagie !
>>
>>2006975
If you want to fight degeneracy in public transit find a job in bike share. Different cities may have different policies towards this, but in my city we have a handful of people whose job is to steal bikes back from junkies. It's not the most relaxing job in the world, but compared to the transit authority we don't have a class of people constantly leeching off our budget and making people uncomfortable at our stations.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.