[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sbf.png (159 KB, 600x360)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Sad Banfraud-Man, Democrat megadonor, fraudster, career criminal, scammer and remorseless criminal is sentenced to 25 years in prison

Democrats lose a powerful ally.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/28/us-news/sam-bankman-fried-faces-decades-in-prison-as-hes-sentenced-today-for-multi-billion-dollar-fraud/

‘Remorseless’ Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years in prison — as judge rips him as power-obsessed scammer

A Manhattan judge ripped Sam Bankman-Fried as a “remorseless” scammer obsessed with political power as he sentenced the fallen crypto mogul to 25 years in prison Thursday — five months after he was found guilty of stealing more than $8 billion from customers of his now-bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange FTX.

Judge Lewis Kaplan said the 32-year-old convicted fraudster “presented himself as the good guy” all in favor of “appropriate regulation of the crypto industry” — but it was just an “act.”

“He did it because he wanted to be a hugely, hugely political influential person in this country,” Kaplan said, blasting him as “remorseless.”

“He knew it was wrong, he knew it was criminal, he regrets that he made a very bad bet about the likelihood of being caught,” he continued, as Bankman-Fried stood in front of him with his hands clasped tightly at his waist.

Moments before the judge handed down the lengthy sentence, Bankman-Fried apologized for making “bad decisions” that “failed everyone I care about” — but maintained his actions “weren’t selfish.”

“At the end of the day, I failed everyone that I care about and everything that I care about, too,” he said at the hearing in Manhattan federal court.

“A lot of people feel really let down and, I’m sorry about that. I’m sorry about what happened at every stage,” the fallen crypto mogul, wearing light tan jail garb, continued.

“I made a series of decisions, they weren’t selfish decisions, they weren’t selfless decisions. They were decisions.”
>>
Bankman-Fried had emerged as crypto’s friendly face in the US before his platform’s sudden November 2022 meltdown.

With his company worth $40 billion at its peak, the tech mogul flew around on private jets, showered politicians who he thought might be crypto-friendly with millions in donations, and even palled around with celebrities at the Super Bowl.

But weeks after his platform’s collapse, he was arrested in the Bahamas and charged with swiping FTX user funds to plug an $8 billion debt at his failing hedge fund Alameda Research.

In November last year, a jury found that the ex-crypto golden boy had looted the accounts of what prosecutors called “tens of thousands” of people — including in war-torn and unstable nations — who lost the nest eggs they entrusted to him.

He was also found guilty of defrauding FTX’s lenders by sending them phony balance sheets, and of lying to the company’s investors. He earned roughly $3 billion in ill-gotten gains from those schemes, prosecutors said.

Bankman-Fried has been in jail since August after Kaplan revoked his bail after finding that he tampered with witnesses, including by leaking his ex-girlfriend Caroline Ellison’s diary to a journalist.

The feds asked Kaplan to sentence Bankman-Fried to 40 to 50 years in prison after his conviction on seven counts of fraud and conspiracy.

Lawyers for the disgraced crypto ace called for him to instead serve only 5¼ to 6½ years.

Bankman-Fried, who swapped out his unkempt look for a coiffed hairdo and suit and tie during the month-long trial, took the stand in his own defense — which did not go well.

He claimed more than 100 times that he could not “recall” details about his business — like repeatedly promising that his platform was “safe” — before being confronted with a mountain of evidence revealing that he said dozens of things he claimed not to remember.
>>
>>1282487
>Justice

5 years prison is a blowjob to whole jewish community..
>>
Three of his former business partners — including his ex Ellison, Alameda’s former CEO — pleaded guilty to their own fraud raps and flipped on him, testifying that the cocky math whiz set up a secret system allowing the hedge fund to have “backdoor” access to the exchange’s cash.

Bankman-Fried also used FTX customer funds to make more than $100 million in political contributions before the 2022 elections and to buy a ritzy $40 million Bahamian penthouse where he and his colleagues lived and worked, prosecutors said.

In total, the feds asked the judge to order Bankman-Fried to pay $11 billion in restitution — $8 billion to customers, $1.7 billion to investors and $1.3 billion to lenders — to make everyone whole.

According to his attorneys, the feds unfairly painted the MIT grad during the trial as a “supervillain” stealing from his customers to live the high life — while he was never in fact driven by greed.

The convicted fraudster was actually solely motivated by donating his riches to charitable causes, his lawyer Marc Mukasey claimed to the court.

Bankman-Fried cannot enjoy “fancy and expensive” things at all, in fact, because he suffers from a condition known as anhedonia, which is “characterized by a near-complete absence of enjoyment, motivation, and interest,” the lawyer argued.
>>
>>1282490
checkout a recent photo of the democrat megadonor

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2024/03/sam-bankman-fried-pictured-jail-76836430_06f572.jpg
>>
>nypost spammer is back
Where you been Murdoch-san?
>>
>>1282487
Reminder that if Bankman-Fried had donated to Trump instead and made some sussy comments about jews OP would be saying the charges against him are made up by da globo-homos.
>>
>>1282502
Nah
Your just angry and fearful
>>
>>1282502
They would also have made statues of him to replace the civil war 'hero' statues that were removed a few years back.
>>
>>1282519
>>1282502
Kek.
The second largest megadonor for democrats gets sentenced to 25 years of prison for fraud and corruption and all you can do is fantasize about alternate realities where democrats aren't corrupt fraudsters
>>
>>1282520
Donald J. Trump
>>
>>1282521
Yes, you people did invent a civil fraud suit against trump

Honestly you should have just focused on the documents case
>>
>>1282523
Trump University
>>
>>1282520
Actually no, its just making fun of the current republican leaders. Get a grip dude, step into reality, stop blindfully worshipping the Orange Jesus.
>>
>>1282517
I considered most crypto-currencies to be a scam/pyramid scheme long before this and don't like Bankman-Fried.

My point is that conservatives only care about this because he donated to democrats.
If he had supported the right, you would be defending him right now as a persecuted truth teller about the JQ or some shit.

You don't actually care about the rampant corruption in cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>1282487
>stealing more than $8 billion
swiss bank acct.
>>1282520
Bankman-Fried also donated a significant amount to fundraising committees and super PACs affiliated with both parties

Although federal election receipts show that Bankman-Fried donated almost exclusively to Democrats, he claimed on a November phone call with YouTuber Tiffany Fong that he donated an equal amount to Republicans and Democrats.

“All my Republican donations were dark,” he said, referring to political donations that are not publicly disclosed in FEC filings. “The reason was not for regulatory reasons, it’s because reporters freak the f—k out if you donate to Republicans. They’re all super liberal, and I didn’t want to have that fight.”

https://time.com/6241262/sam-bankman-fried-political-donations/
>>
>>1282542
Imagine believing a liar.
What an idiot.
>>
>>1282553
>The reason was not for regulatory reasons, it’s because reporters freak the f—k out if you donate to Republicans. They’re all super liberal, and I didn’t want to have that fight.”
So you don't think this happens in the news media?
>>
>>1282538
>Brings up "orange Jesus"
>His post had nothing to do with trump whatsoever
How about you get a grip? Your so psychotic you are placing references to trump into posts in which they never existed
>>
>>1282542
>Bankman-Fried also donated a significant amount to fundraising committees and super PACs affiliated with both parties
From all the evidence that's been gathered in all of the Court trials, over 90% of his donations went to Democrats.

Sure, you can go ahead and take the unfounded claims of a proven liar, but I'd rather rely on verifiable evidence
>>
>>1282559
kek, the Orange Jesus was coined by a Republican congressman in the lead up to Jan 6.
>>
>>1282561
>From all the evidence that's been gathered in all of the Court trials, over 90% of his donations went to Democrats.
Who gives a shit
>>
>>1282559
Hahaha, your missing the entire point. If you read the thread we xertainly were making fun of Trump, hence the orange jesus commwlent cauae your just a rube who will blindfully follow Trump everywhere.

And yes, this comes from a 40 year Republican card hokding member who never had the MAGA wool pulled over my eyes. I have integrity, never voted Trump, never will.
>>
>>1282561
He's a smart jew.
I believe him when he says he greased palms n both sides of the aisle.
It's what I would do, and you would see this if you took off your partisan blinder.
>>
>>1282696
Well, he did grease palms on both sides of the aisle. About 10% of palm greasing has been shown to be republican palms, and the other 90% was democrat palms

Hey, did you know? Sad bankfraud-man was a democrat megadonor
>>
>>1282714
why would you need to grease a republican's palm, they advocate for corruption
>>
>>1282717
Recent news and facts show that democrats are the party of corruption

You are easily led into a psychosis my leftwing media, it's not your fault you believe in a false reality
>>
>>1282726
whatever you say news schizo
>>
>>1282727
It's not my fault Democrats keep getting convicted of fraud and corruption
>>
>>1282728
>>
>>1282729
Currently 0
>>
>>1282732
we have plenty of time
>>
>>1282734
2 more weeks
>>
>>1282743
Sidney Powell was already convicted
>>
>>1282746
Found guilty of what?
>>
>>1282843
conspiring to intentionally interfere with the performance of election duties, a very super serious crime
>>
What is it with democrats and fraud? Those two things are such a common combination, it's like democrat fraud (and racism) is as American as American Pie
>>
>>1282487
Why do democrats keep going to prison for corruption?
>>
>>1282962
>>1282893
Russian troll farms really working overtime today huh
>>
>>1282963
something must have gone wrong in bear country
>>
>>1282962
>>1282963
Shareblue shills desperate to slide this thread. Wasn't Bankman-Fraud like the second biggest democrat donor? Oopsies
>>
>>1282995
>Shareblue shills desperate to slide this thread.
Nobody gives a shit. Saying it over and over isn't going to make your headcanon true.

>Wasn't Bankman-Fraud like the second biggest democrat donor?
And yet he's in prison, not pardoned like every single person that's committed crimes on behalf of the Republicans. Really speaks volumes about which party is committed to the rule of law and which one isn't.
>>
>>1282995
Good post
>>1282997
>Nobody gives a shit. Saying it over and over isn't going to make your headcanon true
Hilarious, coming from someone accusing everyone else in the thread of being Russian.

Faggot.
>>
>>1283002
is russia winning
>>
>>1283004
Not really, but you really are a good brainwashed little automaton tho, scapegoating Russia everywhere you can
>>
>>1283002
>Hilarious, coming from someone accusing everyone else in the thread of being Russian.
Ah. I see you don't understand how an anonymous image board works. Let me explain - its not all one person responding to you. I hope this clears up some of your confusion.
>>
>>1283005
lol. not really?
>>
>democrat gets convicted of fraud
>Democrats: Russia did this!
Every
Fucking
Timr
>>
>>1283026
idk why you're bringing up russia in this thread
>>
>>1283029
Yes why are you bringing up Russia: >>1283004

Democrat gets convicted of fraud, democrats bring up Russia.
Democrats are fucking insane.

Literally brainwashed
>>
>>1282997
>Really speaks volumes about which party is committed to the rule of law and which one isn't.
pretty sure the one committed to the rule of law isn't the one whose second largest donor was just sent to prison for 25 years. roflcopter
>>
>>1283031
but that person is responding to the person who actually brought up russia
>>1283002

i hope you have a good evening
>>
>>1282963
>Russian troll farms really working overtime today huh
Another brainwashed automaton Democrat .

Democrat megadonor gets convicted of fraud, and brainwashed democrat voters start thinking it's a Russian psyop.

Sad!
>>
>>1283036
((((((((((((
>>
>>1282963
Are you afraid? Does the thought of Russians on the Internet anger you? Are these paranoid delusions leading you to vote Democrat?
If so, you may be terminally retarded
>>
>>1283039
Donald J. Trump
>>
>>1283074
Samuel Bankman-Fried
>>
bLumpf R. Hunter Biden's Penis.
>>
>>1283060
You're annoying
>>
>>1282502
TDS is strong with you.
A tree just fell down in a forest, was that Trumps fault too?
Fuck off back to circlejerk/news/ you fucking retarded troon worshipping twat.
>>
Sorry sbf I was in pattillamn theater as scro tum from idiocrqcy the AI balls of the west so I was coin in Iraq then I was Vietcong in Afghanistan but my friends the taliban won fair and square normally my nuclear ford cyborgs or space ring connected nato heads for war do better than sbf but you should be fine when you get out, I’ll see if I can get you off via Texas and ny and twan did the whole thing while I was at idiocracy arena with flame thrower cobain host in hell

Sure thing am lying ask Hawaii la hot heini about the fires or ca lakes or west coast trees about cobain capital kkk dnc donkey show Iranian revolution grand wizard joe Biden trumpet dnc fa got donkey show USA going to hell like turd wife trumpet

Hey that’s just space coms not cyborgs Marxists always say space coms are robots or machines

Eu wants to trumpet USA eu is Palestine with Gaza is second phallace of William and Lebanon wants to be part of that is uh ok I guess like tenochitlan ripped it off to be new hollow bush 43 pres for opec oil conquest of Kate and Willy plus eight and at least your not Josh Duggar can still be redeemed unlike pelosi hammer guy will and Josh Duggar plus psy Gangnam

Good win North Korea can be totalitarian state until next war

Good win euro can have my dollar after no son

Good win merkel got a free bone of Gaza from Texas killing fields 12 year old , not sure who white dually is maybe General Mills cereal pedo rings of ussr golf grass on field play it

More than one way to skin a Aryan kingdom

Should’ve just paid for saving queen elizabeth 2 uk now are British disease oil greedy peons or not is just war of the worlds body snatching medical racket and energy warfare or nuclear war radioactive anfo napalm and or mazes of laser borders

What’s irans new laser border old border is I’m Roman senator waiting for steaks at ravenous movie , mases with health reductions for sins stuck in a mass then if sins gets zapped with negative reinforcement
>>
AI dollar note eye same eye is for no callers no tellers or people being snatched by interpol like north by northwest guy punching Jew is punching interpol agent stealing from USA then criminal is babe Ruth and grants Gehrig and Ruth’s like hey that’s my friend I’m waking up from Sam Sneads attacks on fdr , is sneade really Jewish actor the dead pedo in x files ? Green eyes like big trouble little china movie warfare is fun and these are real signals hey let’s see Clemson vs Illinois in ncaa championship Perseus is huskies but they drink too much health with ussr first wife , Greek perspective Greek civil war and Greeks cleopatra and Rome was too British and bibles pantheon then vaticans for donctrine fights then Germany and Texas killing fields and Texas wants to be Dixie uk but isn’t and bush is hollow cost suit pres and media dead aren’t cash for my dolls I’m sorry can’t pay with news crycbwbies

Ok am busy let’s make James Murdoch a real republican like a reagan map with laffer curve trumpet gop I’ll pay for but the dnc trumpet I won’t pay for

Now Biden trumpet fa got donkey show USA can continue their war on hetero only Christianity with COVID’s and Lebanon wants the William bone really bad or not I’m not sure

Means of production are private a owner of doe nuclear and DoD but you all rent it and are responsible for damages and expenses of your renting my things now you all have fun I’ll be ok only profits for owners of means of production are internships

funny how 12 year girls mom looks like merkel sorry about General Mills pedo killers mam I made a few heavens for you all but trump wants the twan donkey show like is Chinese some young guy toilet water is magic sauce trumpet
>>
Just dumping data air was cooked at Iranian revolution with John Kerry is Interpol agent pedo Jew of Hezbollah but the USA can wage war on Christianity if they want to but shouldn’t be cowardly about trying to exclude themselves from Christianity’s borders via gay rights

They have acces at aws and Microsoft from sandia labs is full of Marxists and kkk trying to run to Mongolia to split up the Christian’s capital but like Shinzo knows there’s nowhere to hide

Let’s see Biden and trumps fa got donkey show with Lebanon dancer is gay with fake Anglican Britons

Britons are mostly anti Christian so they should just get on with it and say we are atheist wanting to be Chinese or anyway hello King Charles my friend micsoroft word was the origin of the attack but I’ll nunc dimmitus you like capitol pigs if you come around barking too loudly
>>
>>1282487
Why are demonrats like this?
>>
>>1282487
>everyone that I care about and everything that I care about
So himself and his money?

>they weren’t selfish decisions, they weren’t selfless decisions
Isn't that paradoxical?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.