[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/i-feel-robbed-single-mom-from-new-orleans-says-she-was-forced-to-sell-her-dream-home-over-extreme-price-of-insurance-how-the-state-plans-to-fix-the-worst-insurance-crisis-in-its-history/ar-BB1laG9M
>>
you know your own link allows us to see you're lying
>>
>>1284968
Increasing cost of repairing a house or covering the cost of a destroyed home caused insurance rates to skyrocket.
>>
It the same shit every market..
>Buy up all X.. create false demand..
>X now cost twice as much if not more..
>Make impossible to produce X without loss..
>Sell at gouged prices...
Wow! why doesnt everyone get rich manipulating markets!! $$$$$
>>
>>1284969
This is a propaganda bot thread.
>>1284970
>>1284975
and these are bot posts.
>>
Hot Take: Some places just should be uninhabited. The coastal south and barren southwest aren't worth settling. Pay anyone that can do their job elsewhere to do so and condemn their shit and nationalize any businesses that remain to make up for the ridiculous economic cost that's gonna inevitably be required to keep the SW wet and the South dry.
>>
More like Katrinflation. Or Exxonflation if you'd prefer.
>>
>>1285021
solution - pipeline. I don’t know why we don’t have a network of interstate water pipelines already. There’s gas and oil pipelines everywhere. There’s even a couple of milk pipelines! But the droughts and floods just keep coming and it’s all big mystery what to do about it.
>>
>>1285041
>solution - pipeline. I don’t know why we don’t have a network of interstate water pipelines already
1. States not on fresh waterways don't have rights to that fresh water
2. That'd be ridiculously energy and resource intensive
3. You'd completely fuck the ecosystems you take the water from because the water would be returned to a separate water system. Even if you completely banned people using their water outside of their homes, which good luck enforcing that, you'd still lose a metric fuckton to various bullshit along the way.
4. Oh and you'd have to treat it and pump it back just to limit some of the damage.

A much better solution is killing all the cows, tearing up all the lawns, and telling all the dumbshit farmers doing shit like growing alfalfa in a fucking desert to sell to overseas so they consume enough water to not lose their preferential water rights to cut that shit out. Won't fix everything, but would certainly extend the number of areas that can support human life by quite a bit. Don't want to end up like those cities in India that are literally almost out of water and going to have to be systematically abandoned.

Oh, and desalination long term. Cost is going to be a metric fuckton, but it will be less than abandoning the southwest.

As for the flooding in the South? Nah, that shit's just fucked. Area's overbuilt for no god damn reason.
>>
>>1284983
>>1284969
Just ignore these threads.
/pol/ threads get paid by the (you)
>>
>>1285041
>Retard powers ACTIVATE!!!
>>
>>1285052
>Left wing contempt for farmers GO!!!
>>
>>1285056
You do realize these are giant corporations, not little podunk pappy farmer.
>>
>>1285056
I don't have contempt for farmers. I have contempt for farmers wasting water, especially in places that can't afford that shit.

I don't want us to eat bugs or go without cotton. I want us to eat chicken and go without draining our water supplies growing high water usage crops where they don't belong for export. To say nothing of the pollution or pesticides associated with fucking farms. Just cause they're necessary doesn't mean they can't be efficient so as to reduce the harm they cause.

Also, that dumbshit system where farms get to squat on water rights by *wasting water* because retention of the rights is conditioned on use needs to fucking end.

Oh, also destroy all the golf courses.

By the way, you should have also framed my contempt for lawns as contempt for homeowners. Do better.
>>
>rightoids cause climate change
>insurance companies have to raise rates
Thanks chuds.
>>
>>1285195
>refuse climate mitigation strategies
>get handed the bill
>blame inflation
>>
>>1285223
Only deregulating absolutely everything will help, amiright? Only the free market can fix it.
>>
>>1285195
Climate change caused inflation now? Libtard OC is wild
>>
>>1285515
Yes, climate change causes inflation in insurance costs. Much the same way smoking causes inflation in medical costs.
>>
>>1285584
>Yes, climate change causes inflation in insurance costs

Whats the insurance cost on all of the beachfront property Bill Gates, Obama and Al Gore own, after telling us for years that all of the beachfront property was going to be under water by now due to climate change?
>>
>>1285641
Post the source you are incorrectly quoting on purpose

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.