[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3000.jpg (259 KB, 3000x2097)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
https://abc7.com/usc-bans-pro-palestinian-valedictorian-from-speaking-at-may-commencement-citing-safety-concerns/14672515/
>>
paste the article text
>>
>>1287862
no
>>
>>1287864
do it anyway
>>
>>1287861
if you don't post the text, than your shill propaganda post was wasted, because I didn't click on the link to read.
As far as I know, you're a liar and (see above /\)
>>
>>1287871
don't care, jew
>>
>>1287862
>>1287865
>>1287871
If you want it pasted, paste it.
If the link isn't worth clicking on neither is the thread or the reply button, so no reason to spam.
>>
>>1287882
you don't seem to understand this thread is the spam until op pastes the article
>>
>>1287883
Correct. I do understand that meming when you could just post the article yourself if you actually hate clickfarming is spam, though.

If you assume everyone is liar anyway, why wouldn't you just assume that any replicated version has been modified from the original?
>>
>>1287884
I'm not clicking the link, that's OP's job
>>
>>1287892
please cite the rule that says OP needs to paste the article text, jew boi
>>
>>1287894
I don't know why you think it has to be a rule but it doesn't
>>
>>1287895
if it isn't in the rules, I am not doing it
>>
>>1287896
ok but paste it anyway, do it now
>>
>>1287897
no
>>
>>1287892
Then don't click on the thread if you don't like it, no need to spam you entitled retard memes, just let the thread die if you think its so worthless.
>>
>>1287899
asking someone to perform one of the basic board traditions is not a meme and not spam.
>>
>>1287900
It is when you repeat yourself over and over instead of just pasting the article yourself if you are actually concerned about traditions and clickfarming instead of farming (You)s.
>>
>>1287901
Part of the problem is how you think I'm the only one who tells you to paste the article when at least three different people have told you that in this thread alone.
>>
>>1287902
The problems is, if someone else has already posted the meme, you are still spamming by reposting it in the same thread instead of just pasting the article yourself if you actually cared about traditions and click farming instead of wanting to farm (You)s for yourself.
>>
>>1287902
> when at least three different people
oh shit it is discord tranny raid time? its weird how all 3 of you commie troons show up at the same time every time
>>
>>1287904
It might seem like spam to a contrarian hellbent on not following /news/ tradition. Keep coping as every other regular user on this board keeps telling you to paste the article.
>>
>>1287905
When the commie troons live rent free in your head they're always around.
>we
Ahahaha no one is fooled by this. You're the "r3ddit" faggot who fell off the turnip truck from /pol/ last week.
>>
>>1287906
No, it is spam by definition, if you actually cared about traditions and avoiding contrarianism and clickfarming, you would uphold the traditions yourself instead of spamming memes and no, u's to collect (You)s for yourself.
>>
>>1287908
>it's spam and memes because I don't like it
No one believes you. Now paste the article.
>>
>>1287910
Its spam and memes because you are repeating the same thing over and over without adding anything new or actually upholding the traditions you are using to justify your meme spam.

If you so desperately want the article pasted, you can do it yourself, if you don't like threads without the article pasted, you can hide them.
>>
>>1287910
no
>>
>>1287911
what is actually happening is different people are telling you to paste the article because it's board tradition. You being a contrarian faggot who incorrectly thinks it's spam has nothing to do with it. They would keep telling you that no matter what.

>>1287912
ok but do it anyway
>>
>>1287913
no
>>
>>1287914
do it now
>>
>>1287913
No, I correctly identify it as spam because whether you are doing it alone or being encouraged by fellow spammers, you are all still spamming the same memes over and over without actually doing what you pretend to care about with the memes.

Other than being a spammer, you are also the one being the hypocritical contrarian by repeatedly insisting other people do something that you refuse to do yourself.
>>
>>1287915
no
>>
>>1287916
Delicious cope. You don't seem to get thtat I could get permabanned tomorrow but every other user here would still be telling you to paste the article.
>>1287917
begin immediately
>>
>>1287916
>board traditions are spam because I don't like them
Who is supposed to believe this?
>>
>>1287918
Its the truth and you obviously have no counterargument.
Yes that is how spam generally works, even if you stop one spammer, there is still incentive for other idiots to keep spamming, but its obviously not everyone because for each spammer making contrarian demands, there is someone telling them its not a rule and to just paste it themselves if they are actually concerned about clickfarming and traditions instead of trying to be the center of attention with more (You)s.
>>
>>1287919
If you want to uphold the article pasting tradition, do it, but spamming muh tradition over and over is only upholding the spam troll attention whoring traditions.
>>
>>1287920
We're not arguing. You were told by many people to follow board tradition and you refuse. The users of this board have rejected you. Therefore you're the spam.
>>1287921
You don't seem to comprehend that clicking the link is the OP's job alone.
>>
>>1287923
You are are so hypocritically contrarian that you are trying to start an argument about whether you are arguing.

If you want the tradition upheld you can uphold it, you don't seem to comprehend that anyone can post the article and nobody can actually trust what is written in a 4chan post because anyone, especially a malicious shill OP, can just edit the text instead of making a 1:1 copy before posting.
>>
>>1287921
That's great but paste the article anyway. Yell impotently and stamp your feet about spam all you want. This isn't going away.
>>
>>1287924
I'm not the one who made a thread, retard. If you had lurked at all before posting here instead of kneejerking like a reactionary buffoon you would have known what the board tradition is.
>>
>>1287925
If you want it pasted, there is nothing stopping you from pasting it.
Cry about how you aren't actually spamming memes while spamming memes, but your repetitive whining is still nothing but memes and spam.

>impotently
>t. the impotent tradfag who can't even perform their own traditions

Its not about what is going away, its about what is not going to be added until you decide to actually do something yourself instead of impotently insisting that other people uphold your traditions for you.
>>
>>1287927
>If you want it pasted, there is nothing stopping you from pasting it.
yes there is, board tradition. this has been explained to you 500 times already. how long until it seeps into that dense skull of yours? how many people have to explain it to you before you believe it?
>>
>>1287926
It wasn't knee jerk, I waited until it was officially spam from impotent idiots repeating the same basic thing more than three times before speaking up.

If you actually cared about board tradition, you would uphold it instead of upholding the tradition of the spam troll.
>>
>>1287928
I don't believe you actually care about the stupid counterproductive tradition or you would uphold it yourself, the only tradition you seem to actually care about is spamming and trolling.
>>
>>1287929
It's your job to paste the article, newfag. It's not going to change because your panties are in a wad. Your coping skills are shit.
>>
>>1287930
It's like you somehow think it makes sense for someone else besides the person who made the thread to paste the article. The impetus is clearly on the person who originally thought it was a good idea to share a link here. What mental damage led you to think otherwise?
>>
>>1287874
>ur a jew for not giving the megajew media corporation owned by Yidsney your clicks!
uh huh
>>
>>1287931
No, I am not OP and I don't work for you, if you are actually a traditionalist, it is your job to uphold your traditions, your tradpanties are in the wad because you are the one who started the spamming using some traditions you don't even seem to care about as justification.
>>
>>1287934
I know who you are, you're the same contrarian faggot who keeps asking for /pol/ IDs here because you don't know how to differentiate between posters.
>>
Should OP paste the article?

https://strawpoll.com/3RnYlGaApye
>>
>>1287933
No, you are a fool for taking anything posted to 4chan as fact.
If you actually care about taking clicks away from the corps, you would paste the article yourself, but it still won't work because the people who aren't fools will still want to verify the legitimacy of your copypasta anyway.
>>
>>1287936
holy christ you're new
>>
>>1287935
Sure and everyone who tells you to take your meds is the same person too.
>>
>>1287938
No, but I'm actually curious how many people care.
>>
>>1287936
Not clicking that shit, paste the poll.
>>
>>1287941
Haha
>>
>>1287935
>t. some idiot who couldn't tell the difference between OP and someone who dislikes spam.
>>
>>1287939
Sure except I don't have any meds and no one ever tells me to take my meds tho.
>>
>>1287944
Paste your meds.
>>
>>1287943
Nope it was obvious OP is the poster who just says "ye" or "no" and the other guy was the board contrarian faggot
>>
>>1287946
I don't care about IDs, I just want the unique poster count back so its obvious there aren't a bunch of other people spamming about traditions.
>>
>>1287918
no
>>
>>1287923
>We're not arguing. You were told by many people to follow board tradition and you refuse. The users of this board have rejected you. Therefore you're the spam.
its literally 3 trannies from the /leftypol/ discord following orders from a jew, cope
>>1287925
no
>>
>>1287952
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1287933
cool, still not posting the article, fag
>>1287931
>It's your job to paste the article
not in the rules
>>
>>1287947
I want flags so all the antigun fags can be properly identified by what country they are from
>>1287953
no
>>
^^^edgy contrarian
>>
>>1287956
asking for flags is not edgy or contrarian. only nonAmericans are antiflag
>>
>>1287957
back to your containment board
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1287956
You can't even be consistent, not only about how much you want to stick to traditions, but also about your rules for telling different posters apart. >>1287946
>>
>>1287959
Let me guess, 4chanX misled you into thinking I'm whatever person you were arguing with 30 posts ago. You are nothing if not predictable.
>>
>>1287958
no
>>
>>1287960
No, your use of the exact same namecalling fallacy since you still have no argument clues everyone in that you are the same (You) farmer or posting on their behalf.
>>
>>1287874
>don't care, jew
Ok , shill I read the article, and as a progressive person of the semitic faith, I think she should be allowed to speak, even after she called for 'abolition' of Israel.

I welcome my Palestinian Bros & sisters in a new state of Israelstine, as long as they don't fire up those ovens again
>>
>>1287964
it use to be
>your mind on drugs..
now its
>your mind on the internet
>>
>>1287962
>he thinks this is up for debate
How cute
>>
>>1287964
>and as a progressive person of the semitic faith,
knew it
>>
just goes to show, jews only care about blacks when they can use them to harm whites
>>
>>1288123
poor persecuted white kid
>>
>>1288125
>no just ignore that the jews are actively trying to genocide whites
>ignore how the president and multiple jewish orgs are celebrating whites becoming a minority
>>
>>1288128
you're a right wing shill from a third world country though, why are you pretending to be upset
>>
>>1288130
Unlike you and obongo, I am American and have an American birth certificate
>>
>>1288134
and a family and a six figure stem job, right? is that what your flowchart tells you to say
>>
>>1288135
you are the fag who doesn't want flags, jew boi. I've literally never been outside America. Where as you and obongo were both born in kenya
>>
>>1288136
you're never outside your room that smells like piss jugs
>>
>>1288137
kenyan jew boi do be salty
>>
>>1288139
you seem upset, i must have triggered you
>>
>>1288140
quit projecting, baby dick
>>
>>1288141
you have a baby dick? you didn't have to tell us that
>>
>>1288142
Yea, your girlfriend left her purse here and yours was in it, sorry everyone knows now, I didn't mean to spill the beans.
>>
USC bans pro-Palestinian valedictorian from speaking at May commencement, citing safety concerns

The Daily Trojan said this comes less than one week after a pro-Israel group accused Asna Tabassum of being antisemitic.
Tuesday, April 16, 2024 1:28AM

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Citing safety concerns, USC announced Monday that a pro-Palestinian undergraduate student who was selected as valedictorian will not be allowed to give a speech at the May commencement ceremony, the first time the university has banned the valedictorian from speaking.

"While this is disappointing, tradition must give way to safety,'' Provost Andrew Guzman wrote in a message to the university community. "This decision is not only necessary to maintain the safety of our campus and students, but is consistent with the fundamental legal obligation -- including the expectations of federal regulators -- that universities act to protect students and keep our campus community safe.

It applies the same values and criteria that we have used in the past to guide our actions. In no way does it diminish the remarkable academic achievements of any student considered or selected for valedictorian. To be clear: this decision has nothing to do with freedom of speech. There is no free-speech entitlement to speak at a commencement. The issue here is how best to maintain campus security and safety, period.''

Asna Tabassum, a major in biomedical engineering and a minor in "resistance to genocide," had been previously announced as this year's valedictorian. However, critics raised questions about views relating to the conflict in the Middle East she has posted online.
>>
The Daily Trojan reports that the cancellation comes less than one week after a pro-Israel group accused Tabassum of being antisemitic.

Immediately following Guzman's announcement, the Council on American-Islamic Relations-Los Angeles issued a statement demanding that the decision be reversed and that Tabassum be permitted to speak.

Tabassum released a statement through CAIR-LA, saying "anti-Muslim and anti-Palestinian voices have subjected me to a campaign of racist hatred because of my uncompromising belief in human rights for all.''

"This campaign to prevent me from addressing my peers at commencement has evidently accomplished its goal: today, USC administrators informed me that the university will no longer allow me to speak at commencement due to supposed security concerns,'' she said. "I am both shocked by this decision and profoundly disappointed that the university is succumbing to a campaign of hate meant to silence my voice.

"I am not surprised by those who attempt to propagate hatred. I am surprised that my own university -- my home for four years -- has abandoned me.''

CAIR-LA Executive Director Hussam Ayloush called the USC decision "cowardly'' and the reasoning "disingenuous.''

"Asna is an incredibly accomplished student whose academic and extracurricular accomplishments made her the ideal and historic recipient of this year's valedictorian's honor,'' Ayloush said in a statement. "The university can, should and must ensure a safe environment for graduation rather than taking the unprecedented step of cancelling a valedictorian's speech.

"The dishonest and defamatory attacks on Asna are nothing more than thinly veiled manifestations of Islamophobia and anti-Palestinian racism, which have been weaponized against college students across the country who speak up for human rights -- and for Palestinian humanity.''

Guzman, in his campus message, said the uproar over the valedictorian selection has taken on "an alarming tenor.''
>>
"The intensity of feelings, fueled by both social media and the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, has grown to include many voices outside of USC and has escalated to the point of creating substantial risks relating to security and disruption at commencement,'' Guzman wrote. "We cannot ignore the fact that similar risks have led to harassment and even violence at other campuses.

"As always, and particularly when tensions are running so high across the world, we must prioritize the safety of our community,'' he said. "And as we do every year, we have been monitoring our commencement security needs based on all the information we have and the facts on the ground. Our (Department of Public Safety) and expert campus safety team are uniquely prepared to evaluate potential threats, and we have consulted with them about the current situation, taking into account everything we know about our reality, as well as the unprecedented risks we are seeing at other campuses and across the world. We are resolute in our commitment to maintain and prioritize the existing safety and well-being of our USC community during the coming weeks, and allowing those attending commencement to focus on the celebration our graduates deserve.''
>>
USC students speak out

Students who spoke with Eyewitness News on Monday believe groups homed in on Tabassum once she was bestowed with the valedictorian honor.

"I think people went too far with, like, stalking things she had been liking, and kind of like, trolling her on social media, I don't think she deserved that," said Jaela Bard, who disagrees with the university's decision.

Student Avi Pandit believes Tabassum should "fully have the right" to speak.

"She has earned it, 100%, being valedictorian at USC is no joke. Just because she believes something, or posts something online, doesn't take her right away from free speech," he said.

USC's decision has reverberated throughout campus, and some graduating seniors say students are already thinking about what they will do at the commencement ceremony.

"It's a really polarizing issue," said USC senior Amir Bell. "Some kids have already said, like, 'Oh, I'm going to wear a pin or something,' but it's really polarizing, and it's really consumed our campus."

ABC News and City News Service, Inc. contributed to this report.
Report a correction or typo
Copyright © 2024 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.