[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713694853431380.jpg (298 KB, 1200x1600)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
Some of the 49 migrants flown to Martha’s Vineyard by the state of Florida are now able to legally work in the United States and have temporary protections from deportation — because they are considered victims of a potential crime, their attorney says. The migrants are eligible for protections because they applied for a special kind of visa meant for crime victims who are helping law enforcement in the investigation of suspected criminal activity. They applied for what are known as U visas last year after they said they had been tricked into taking charter flights from San Antonio, Texas to the Massachusetts island with false promises of jobs and other aid, said Rachel Self, an attorney for the migrants. The migrant flight program — a taxpayer-funded operation led by Gov. Ron DeSantis and a politically connected private contractor — was designed to remove “unauthorized aliens” from Florida. But critics, including immigration advocacy groups, have pointed out that the migrants had legal status in the United States as asylum seekers and that they were found in Texas, not Florida. DeSantis has maintained the flights were conducted lawfully and that migrants boarded the flights “voluntarily.” Yet the recruitment tactics used in the first iteration of the governor’s migrant relocation program have resulted in a criminal investigation by the Bexar County sheriff in Texas and a federal lawsuit by some of the migrants who have claimed they were deceived by the state. Now, some of the migrants have been granted U visas, which are “set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity,” according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. They can eventually lead to permanent lawful status in the United States.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article287896095.html
>>
The migrants — who were from Venezuela and Peru — were eligible to apply for the visas after Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar, a Democrat, certified that they were victims of a crime. After waiting for more than a year, some migrants earlier this month received “bona fide determinations” in their U visa petition, a status that allows them to obtain temporary work permits and protects them from deportation until their visa becomes available, Self said. It was not immediately clear how many migrants had received that status from the federal government. Congress only allows the federal government to issue 10,000 such visas each year. The “bona fide determination” gives the migrants targeted by the state of Florida temporary protections from deportation while they wait for the visa. DeSantis’ office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the development.
>>
Well that sure backfired hard on DeSantis. To think some idiot Republicans (redundant, I know) were actually hoping this guy would be the successor to Trump. Nah, he manages to somehow be even more incompetent than Trump already is. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to think you're going to "epically own" the liberals by letting migrants into the country? Republicans are the kings of shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
>>1289366
It's over. Desantis is finished.
>>
>>1289373
They're political pawns.
Fla. needs construction workers and will hire them now tat they're legal
>>
>>1289368
he didnt let them in.. hr shipped em out. but your point stands.
>>
>>1289383
Doubt they'll want to go back to that third world shithole
>>
desantis: owned
https://youtu.be/RbodePpsmt4?si=fdeIPsu07ZKPBRDg
>>
>>1289373
I recall a Trump aide telling DeSantis to drop out of the primary race otherwise Trump would destroy him so badly that he wouldn't even be viable in 2028. And in think its true, DeSantis seems just like a little evil antisocial man in lifted cowboy boots. I don't see how he recovers from trying to be diet Trump.
>>
Imagine still trying to turn Florida blue by being filthy-mouthed whores.
>>
>>1289368
>>1289413
how did it backfire? the illegals aren't in the US anymore, they are in Massachusetts
>>
>Libshits giving visas to illegals that don't deserve them
Is this news?
>>
>>1289450
Who are the libshits in this situation?
>>
>>1289453
desantis, i guess? the wheels on the republican bus go round and round, right over the skulls of the disowned
>>
>>1289456
I don't think DeSantis is responsible for granting the illegals visas, but go on with your libshit shilling.
>>
>>1289449
>the illegals aren't in the US anymore, they are in Massachusetts
Premium schizo posting
>>
>>1289463
>illegals don't qualify for visas
>desantis makes them victims
>now they qualify for victims visa
Premium overcope
>>
>>1289475
>>desantis makes them victims
lol, by giving them a bus/plane ticket to where they want to go? Can I get some victim status here too?
>>
>>1289476
>by giving them a bus/plane ticket to where they want to go?
By lying to them and using deception/coercion to manipulate them into boarding flights and buses. Its not legal to do that, even if you really hate immigrants. I know the rule of law is inconvenient to you people but maybe with enough time you'll get over it.
>>
>>1289474
Mass isnt in the US. its a communist colony. GOP has been pretty clear, we don't care about illegals in blue state as long as they stay in blue states and don't vote in federal elections. we just don't want them in the US because they do crime and rape and cause the housing crisis and are on welfare
>inb4 the retard they don't do crime
100% of them came in illegally so 100% of them are criminals. plus like 80% of them are rapists, they just only do crime to other illegals so it goes unreported.
>>
>>1289483
>GOP has been pretty clear, we don't care about illegals in blue state as long as they stay in blue states and don't vote in federal elections. we just don't want them in the US because they do crime and rape and cause the housing crisis and are on welfare
I have to agree; you can fuck up your own state just stay out of mine, faggots.
We need to start talking about closing state borders down so the shitnami spewing out of California and New York doesn't destroy the entire country.
>>
>>1289366
Yeah, it turns out human trafficking is illegal.
>>
>>1289486
>illegals
>humans
pick one. Also how come it isn't trafficking when mass sent every cop in the state and the national guard to force the illegals off the island and into a concentration camp in at the mass nasty girl barracks how is it not human trafficking when the mayors of nyc and chicago tried to force the illegals into red suburbs? how is it not trafficking when obongo and brandon dump plane loads of migrants in red states?
>>
>>1289489
>how is it not trafficking when obongo and brandon dump plane loads of migrants in red states?
because you can't prove that and nobody is going to investigate it even if you could.
>>
>>1289489
>People that cross borders illegally aren't humans!
Keep up the good work, schizo. Your unhinged psychotic rhetoric does more to push people away from conservative ideology than any left leaning podcast or news outlet ever could. We're counting on you to tank your own electorate for 2024 and beyond.
>>
>>1289492
they famously did that for years under obongo without telling state or local authorities they were dumping MENA migrants there. brandon just dumped like a quarter million illegals in red states by plane in jan
>>1289493
no one likes illegals. the mayor of nyc and the gov of illinois said they were destroying their cities. illegals are the most evil pieces of shit on the planet
>>
>>1289483
Well we do care about illegals in blue states because it decreases citizen's voting power as the Dems intend.
>>
>>1289494
>illegals are the most evil pieces of shit on the planet
I really do appreciate you. It warms my heart to know that people like you are slowly working to kill the Republican party by being unhinged bloodthirsty maniacs while I sleep. God bless you.
>>
>>1289494
>they famously did that for years under obongo without telling state or local authorities they were dumping MENA migrants there. brandon just dumped like a quarter million illegals in red states by plane in jan
And like others have said before me:
You don't see a single fucking red state DA even thinking about charging Brandon or Obama for their obviously illegal acts, do you?
Extinction is inevitable if you don't try to fight back.
>>
>>1289497
>not wanting invaders who destroyed their own country to destroy your country is bad
even dems hate illegals in blue cities. its why NYC and chicago are trying to deport them to the suburbs
>>
>>1289502
they aren't illegal anymore if they have visas
>>
>>1289518
the nyc illegals that got shipped there are still illegals and even if they get visas they are still foreign invaders trying to ruin the US
>>
>>1289518
Then I guess the current residents of New York won't even notice them.
>>
>>1289366
Legal immigrants btfo
>>
>>1289497
You're gonna feel real dumb when the illegals eat your dog, retard.
>>
>>1289529
>Vote red or illegals will eat your dogs!
I like this. This isn't psychotic at all. I'm sure all the young voters will really resonate with this messaging.
>>
>>1289522
The irony being that the population over 70 is set to double in like the next few decades and southern immigrants massively over represented in the healthcare field when it comes to nursing and elder care i.e. when your extended family finally drops your repugnant, racist ass at the old folks home to die the last thing you'll probably see is a foreign invader wiping your ass and spoon feeding you apple sauce.
>>
>>1289553
sounds like this is 100% a pay problem and the jews who run the boomer facilities are using illegals to suppress wages for hard working Americans.
>>
>>1289480
I'm surprised criminal charges haven't been filed.
>>
>>1289553
>the last thing you'll probably see is a foreign invader wiping your ass and spoon feeding you apple sauce.
Illegals deserve this. I'll try to shit on them too.
>>
>>1289561
Me too. I don't know why they let people in the country illegally. It's a crime and they should be in prison.
>>
>>1289567
>It's a crime and they should be in prison.
Yes, because adding millions of illegals to our already bloated prison system is a super smart and cost effective idea. No way that could blow up in your face.
>>
>>1289489
I never said it wasn't. Can you admit to being against DeSantis's human trafficking actions now?
>>
>>1289610
illegals aren't human
>>
>>1289611
Chuds aren't human.
>>
>>1289612
stop being antisemitic
>>
>>1289553
>southern immigrants massively over represented in the healthcare field when it comes to nursing and elder care
Lol wut? You mean jobs that have no education requirements, certainly not nursing. What's your source, faggot?
>>
>>1289612
*leftists
FTFY
>>
>>1289489
How did you become this mindbroken?
>>
>>1289553
Your gaping asshole is not a source
>>
>>1289622
elder care nurses aren't RNs. you only need like 1 or 2 RNs per floor or building or something per law. you should really call them orderlies because they are doing shit like cleaning up the olds or feeding them, not rendering any medical care
>>
>>1289599
Can't deport them. Can't imprison them.
Man, you really do have a hard on for billionaires trying to drive down wages, huh?
Fuck you.
>>
>>1289368
It backfired? All they did was prove that they can handle more migrants.
>>
>>1289684
>Can't deport them. Can't imprison them.
I mean, you could, its just an insanely expensive, retarded idea.

>Man, you really do have a hard on for billionaires trying to drive down wages, huh?
Immigrant labor doesn't drive down wages. You've been severely mislead by conservative propaganda. Just read the data, anon. For as much time as you spend spreading right wing misinformation you could just pull up an economic study and learn what the fuck it is you're talking about.
>>
>>1289716
There is another solution. Targeting the people who illegally employ and pay them, eliminating the incentive to come here in the first place.
>>
>>1289722
>Targeting the people who illegally employ and pay them, eliminating the incentive to come here in the first place.
Sure, that may impede some of the numbers coming in but that doesn't really address what we're discussing. If you dropped the number of border crossings all the way to zero, today, there's still millions of undocumented immigrants here. Deporting them all is prohibitively expensive and unrealistic and so is imprisoning them.
>>
>>1289724
If they can't make a living here they will return home on their own, the same way they got here.
>>
>>1289567
We should force conservatives to take citizenship tests. Just to weed out the traitors.
>>
>>1289735
Can we start with requiring the test to vote, first?
>>
>>1289736
too bad nobody would vote for it, unpopular
>>
>>1289737
wasn't it your idea?
>>
>>1289738
no, and anyways that guy was being tongue in cheek while calling you a traitor
>>
>>1289736
Democrats already tried poll tests after they got their slaves taken away, they were struck down 100+ years ago by SCOTUS as unconstitutional
>>
>>1289728
That's not an intelligent idea. You'd also be killing the American economy at the same time. There is no backup team of several million Americans ready to jump into the workforce the second all of the illegals nationwide go out work, assuming that you could even develop some sort of policy or system that could accurately target millions of people being paid off the books. I can tell you haven't really sat down and thought about this because you have no comprehensive understanding of immigration or its inter-connectivity to our economy. Your entire opinion begins and ends with "illegals bad".
>>
>>1289788
>Right-wing conservatives already tried poll tests after they got their slaves taken away, they were struck down 100+ years ago by SCOTUS as unconstitutional
ftfy
>>
>>1289818
Democrats FYI. (Don't let the blacks know)
>>
>>1289817
>assuming that you could even develop some sort of policy or system
It's called social security numbers, birth certificates and green cards. I didn't have to spend much time coming up with those because they all existed before I was born.

Being that the federal government now has access to all banking records they feel like having without a warrant, it would be fairly easy to target people hiring illegals. You wouldn't get all of them, but you wouldn't have to. That's not really how law enforcement ever works.
>>
>>1289368
but seriously we cant let DeSantis have access to the nuclear codes. He might start a world war with russia and china if he ever became president.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.