[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6006.jpg (627 KB, 1170x642)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
Rishi Sunak has said it was a "mistake" to return from D-Day commemorations in Normandy early.

The prime minister was heavily criticised for not being at the final moments of the 80th anniversary D-Day ceremony on Thursday as he travelled back from France to the UK to record a TV interview.

On Friday morning, he issued an apology and said he cares "deeply about veterans", but the mishap has left him open to attacks from other political parties as the election campaign enters its third week.
https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-apologises-for-returning-from-d-day-ceremony-early-13149195
>>
What do you expect from a paper Brit, he has no ethnic ties to the Island and couldn't care less about the sacrifice the natives made in the war.
>>
>>1302162
>he travelled back from France to the UK to record a TV interview.
...but someone else didn't.
You've just handed the keys of No. 10 to Labour, Sunak. 80 seats in December 2019? Boris 'Bozo the Clown' Johnson - the Poundland Trump that Trump called 'A Terrific Guy' - is about to be thumped far worse on July 4th: Independence Day from the Conservatives.
Taxi for Sir Keir: to Downing Street...!
>>
>>1302162
...and where oh where was ol' Nigey anywhere at Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword yesterday?
Self-thrown PR milkshake much, for you & (Un)Reform(ed), Farage? Rishi wasn't there, yet was actually there, so what's your excuse? You care, yes, but like Trump, only about yourself.
>>
>>1302162
Just received my polling card through my letterbox, thus in voting Labour in the general election next month I will do my part in the destruction of the Tories, just as the Allies 80 years ago destroyed the inferior subhuman Shitler & Nazis.
Right-wing thinking. Not even once.
>>
>>1302172
Vote reform
>>
>>1302174
>can't read
>(Un)Reform(ed): the farty... I mean party of inferior subhuman retards
Thanks for giving me another reason to vote Labour: but then, I've voted for them since I turned 18. Living through 1979-1990 made sure of that.
Right-wing thinking. Not even once.
>>
>Biden shits himself on Live TV
>Sunak: "yeah... I gotta go do an... interview... yeah" *flees*
Can you blame him?
>>
Wonder if he'll stick around for the ceremonies when the guys he drafts come back for kmdals.
>>
We're living in a funny time when international rich elites have no loyalty to any country yet demand nationalism out of its poor to go die for...what exactly?
>>
>>1302224
Source?
>>
>>1302163
"...couldn't care less about the sacrifice the natives made in the war."

I'm not ot a Rishi/Tory/RW enabler or apologist - entirely the opposite.
But I am an historian, with particular experience in history of war.

Total Indian military deaths in WWII - 87,000

Total Indian civilian and military deaths in WWII - 1,500,000 - 2,500,000

So by being a native-born British subject, the leader of the current government, and as a person born in Britain to parents of Indian descent who immigrated to Britain from East Africa in the 1960s, he qualifies in several categories to "care[s] about the sacrifice"; however, he chose to signal that his care is shallow and he abandoned his duty to attend the final day of D-Day Commemoration for purely political, selfish and inept reasons, having nothing whatsoever to do with his heritage or ethnicity.

But racists do love to blame everything on skin colour, heritage and/or country of origin.
>>
>>1302555
I like how you trust the british death toll numbers.
>>
>>1302555
>But racists do love to blame everything on skin colour, heritage and/or country of origin
...so where was ol' Nigey that day: anywhere in the vicinity of Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno & Sword beaches? Oh yeah: he & (Un)Reform(ed) cares about veterans of Operation Overlord alright.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.