[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4516.png (424 KB, 733x997)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/alex-jones-sandy-hook-infowars-liquidate-assets/

Far-right conspiracy theorist and InfoWars owner Alex Jones on Thursday took steps to liquidate his assets in order to pay legal damages owed to victims of the the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre.

The move is necessary to cover the $1.5 billion he has been ordered to pay the families of victims, and would end his ownership of InfoWars, which he founded in the late 1990s.

Lawyers for Jones wrote in a court filing Thursday that "there is no reasonable prospect of a successful reorganization" of his debts stemming from defamation lawsuits.

Jones had called the school shooting that killed 20 children and six educators a hoax, and said on his show that it was staged by actors in an effort to pass more gun control laws.

Over the weekend, Jones said on his radio show that he expected Infowars to be shut down within months. "There's really no avenue out of this," Jones said on Sunday. "I'm kind of in the bunker here. And don't worry. I'll come back. The enemy can't help but do this attack," he said.

Liquidation could mean that Austin, Texas-based Jones would have to sell most of his assets, including his company, but could keep his home and other belongings that are exempt from bankruptcy liquidation. Proceeds would go to his creditors, including the Sandy Hook families.
>>
>not liquidating infowars, merely selling his shares in infowars

A shame you had to pick the disinformation route OP

Too bad you can't stop the signal
>>
>>1302181
He’s converting his bankruptcy into a chapter 7 liquidation. I’m sorry you’re retarded.
>>
>>1302185
>open article
>ctrl-f
>"not found"
uh huh

>I’m sorry I'm retarded.
FTFY. Apology accepted.
>>
>>1302179
Perhaps someone should buy up those shares: Justin 'Gunrun' Ignacio.
Assimilate (No)InfoWars into VShojo. Replace BJ... I mean AJ with Ironmouse: . She and Connor talk far more sense than that retard.
>>
>>1302186
You can read it in one of a dozen articles out right now:
https://fox59.com/news/national-world/alex-jones-seeks-to-convert-bankruptcy-to-chapter-7-liquidation

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/alex-jones-asks-convert-bankruptcy-224342369.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/06/media/alex-jones-assets-sandy-hook/index.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13504121/amp/Alex-Jones-sandy-hook-infowars-defamation-bankrupt-liquidation-1-5billion.html

Pick your poison dumbshit
>>
>>1302218
>doesn't own the company, owns shares of the company

I'm sorry you're still wrong, dumbshit
>>
>>1302179
I'm ok with this
>>
>>1302185
>>1302181
> Alex Jones converts personal bankruptcy to Chapter 7 to pay $1.5 billion owed to Sandy Hook families
> Had previously filed for Chapter 11 to reorganize finances
> Forced to switch to Chapter 7 as lawyers admit "no reasonable prospect of a successful reorganization"
> Court-appointed trustee will now sell off Jones' assets, including his stake in InfoWars
> Avi Moshenberg, attorney for Sandy Hook families: "His ownership in Free Speech Systems is going to get sold"
> Chris Mattei, another attorney: "Converting to Chapter 7 will hasten the liquidation of Jones' assets"
> Free Speech Systems (parent company of InfoWars) also under bankruptcy protection
> Hearing set for next Friday to decide fate of Free Speech Systems
> InfoWars might continue under new ownership
>>
The walls have closed in.
>>
I just love hearing his fake crying. Almost as funny as Glenn Beck. These guys are genuinely good actors.
>>
>>1302189
What's it like being this mentally ill?
>>
I said it once, and i'll say it as often as I please. Alex, everyone employed by him, and everyone who took part in his harassment campaign should be forced into indentured servitude until his debts are fully repaid.
>>
>>1302221
>Get BTFO
>n-no I d-definitely w-w-won
Sad. Many such cases. Meanwhile Alex Jones is having his entire world burn down around him, you’re mad about it, and everyone is laughing at (you) and him.
>>
>>1302181
Yes you literally can stop the signal if they confiscate his transmitter.
>>
>>1302386
Nothing is stopping Jones from starting over with a cell phone uploading to Rumble. He will always have an audience. That's what "can't stop the signal" means.
>>
>>1302388
If he's a homeless beggar living in a tent behind Starbucks he won't have a smartphone.
>>
>>1302337
>>1302351
>>1302386
>>1302395
>butthurt fascists mad you can't stop the signal
>>
>>1302395
>If he's a homeless beggar living in a tent behind Starbucks he won't have a smartphone
Hard disagree. More than half the leftists on this board are homeless with smartphones living behind a starbucks.

I don't think I've ever seen a single hobo in the US without a smartphone, we have a very privileged homeless class... They get free cellphones and cellular Internet from the federal government, and in certain progressive municipalities they are even are like a special protected class that can live pitch their tent behind any Starbucks theyd like, do drugs in the open wherever they'd like, get free public transit rides to do drug deals, and even shoplift freely as long as they keep their theft under the legal grand larceny limits.
>>
>>1302395
Homeless people have cell phones. You can get them for like $20. And you absolutely need a phone to have a way for employers to ever contact you

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.