[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (191 KB, 1280x720)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>2024
>I am forgotten

Yeah literally no one cares about it anymore.
>>
This thread was made by someone who doesn't go outside
>>
>>27584599
are you referring to Doug or the C8?
>>
>>27584599
He should review interesting cars if he didn't want his channel to die.
>>
These things were always boomer toys. The auto only sealed the deal for me, don't care anymore
>>
>>27584768
>this car that is way too much for me to afford?
>n-no, im not buying it because it is an automatic. not because im a poorfag.
>>
>>27584599

One of his latest videos was a track day in which he never exceeded 60mph.

Doug, nobody wants to see you "race". Watching a professional racer is already boring, much less to watch a guy with absolutely no driving skills.

I only resort to his videos when I need to see how bad a rear seat is on a certain model. Most reviewers don't bother to even try getting in the back seat.
>>
>>27585358
>t. poorest of faggots
>>
corvette>gtr
>>
>>27584599
is he ackthually a car enthusiast, or just a specsheet fapper who compares specsheets, cooms at "quirks" that aren't on the specsheets

i don't care about specs, just the joys of driving.

all SOVL fuck STEM
>>
>>27585421
he's a jewish ex-porsche dealer salesman
>>
>>27585421
He worked for Porsche NA for a time. Apparently if you wanted to order a Carrera GT in the US the dealers had go through him.
>>
>>27585421
He's shown a baffling amount of ignorance on the subject of cars, especially anything pre-2000s
Also I'm pretty sure I was friends with his older brother and he wet the bed or something I forget while we were gaming and his brother had to clean him up
>>
>>27586846
Yep I looked it up we went to the same high school you got it here, Doug Demuro wet the bed
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>27585421
He is a car enthusiast but more on the analyst side rather than technical or cultural side. He has shown unmatched analytical eye of the industry together with his enphasis on usability and "quirkyness" of the vehicles are the reasons why his channel has become so relevant. The only other person who matches this characteristics I can think of is Harry's Garage but he only reviews expensive or collectables.
>>
>>27584599
Well, Lotus has been doing so many retarded things lately that no one really cares for the Emira, especially since it's just an Evora with a new name
>>
>>27584625
yes
>>
>>27584599
because that's not a 'real' corvette, it's a eurocar wannabe named after the corvette. 3 things IMO make the Corvette a Corvette
>front engine, rear drive
>pushrod V8
>Corvette style mono leaf spring
if it's not that, it's not a real Corvette
>>
>>27585358
It’s ugly and it’s for faggots like you.
>>
according to google trends more people are searching for corvettes than they were 10 years ago
>>
>>27587023
Yes let's make vettes unappealing for anyone who actually likes car technology just like Harley has done for their entire brand past the 80s.

you fucking peak boomer
>>
>>27587140
it's not a corvette if it doesn't have those things
>>
>>27584599
The C8 is a ripoff of Pininfarina and I’m tired of pretending it’s not.
>>
File: dog pants.png (774 KB, 2500x1407)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
>>27587150
ok retard
>>
>>27587140
>unappealing for anyone
>who actually likes car technology
imagine being this new
>>
corvette releases a lamborghini at 1/10th the cost and autistic boomers go
>IT NEEDS LEAF SPRINGS AND A PUSHROD OR IT AINT A VETTE

Fuckkkkeeeennnn, kill yaself
>>
>>27587213
Pushrods have superior low down torque and a punchy throttle, very useful in racing. The leaf spring used in the Corvette isn't your conventional Hotchkiss type leaf spring from over a century ago, the Corvette style leaf spring is a high performance indepedent suspension system that removes the weight of a steel coil spring down to a single carbon fiber leaf while the whole rear body floats above the axle. It's surprisingly good for such old technology and I believe we're not even close to the limits of its design but the low hanging fruit have been picked and rear engine is the easy answer for faster lap times at the expense of daily drivability. Remember, the Corvette is as much a street car as it is a track car and there was a point it held a good balance of street and track but not anymore. Chevy killed the sovl of the Corvette by ignoring every single piece of design philosophy that made the Corvette a Corvette.
>>
>>27587227
you haven't made any salient point as to why the Corvette should never change
>>
>>27587231
Because it was a tried and true formula that was iconic to its design. Killing that piece of sovl is what made the C8 forgettable.
>>
>>27587231
nta but salient and point mean the same thing so "salient point" means "pointy pointy"
>>
>>27587140
>Yes let's make vettes unappealing for anyone
C8 continues to sell very well. They're like 25% of the cars on the road in Florida retirement communities on Friday nights lol.
>>
>>27587236
Oh it absolutely sells, it's actually the boomers who go nuts about the changes and new tech and everything about it. They're the ones with the money to actually afford one anyways. The thing is, which Corvette do you think will hold its value better? The C7 or C8?
>>
>>27587244
C7 because it's the last (best) version of the old setup. C8 had markups too, which kill you for depreciation.
>>
I mean, when you can get more performance in a Model 3 for less money, it makes sense that enthusiasm for it would drop.
>>
>>27584599
The C8 is ugly.
It's a great bargain, but it's ugly unless you have a Z06 and then it's still only the front that's not ugly. It's just an unsalvageable-tier unaesthetic car.
>>
>>27584599
You mean the Ferrari Plus?
Yeah, Chevy has sold over 100,000 c8’s in the USA alone. To say it’s popular is an understatement. Not many people know this but the engine is so strong that it’s incompatible with traditional stick-shift manual transmissions
>>
>>27587233
>forgettable
they're going to make 800/1000hp super track options for the price of a GT-R

dream car
>>
>>27587389
>and still get gapped by the GT-R on the track
some things never change
>>
>>27587389
ZR-1 this summer, then the Zora comes to shit on everything. Fuck, I'm divided on looks and the dual clutch but how can anyone really be mad aside from how the camaro was meant to take over the C7's spot as the F-R king?
>>
>>27587023
Rear drive, sure. Front engine why? Why not Front-mid-engine?

Pushrods why? No one except you gives a fuck about push rods, engines have improved since the 70's and pushrods aren't necessary for high powered engines anymore.

Self-referential definition to describe a suspension feature. Good job, dumbass.
>>
>>27587297
EVs are gay paperweights
>>
>>27587023
Behold, a Corvette
>>
>>27584639
Doug only reviews new cars he is invited to review at press launches or used cars he is about to sell on Cads and Bids. He makes way more money from the auction site than he ever did from his YouTube channel.
>>
>>27585394
Wasn't he driving a Mercedes A Class? Those things can't push past 60 anyway.
>>
>>27585421
Doug faps to Spreadsheets, not specsheets.
>>
>>27584599
>drives car
>camera zoomed in on his face the whole time, there's not even different perspective shots
why
>>
>>27587467
I think you're just upset that EVs are faster and cheaper than ICEVs.
>>
>>27587743
not him, but I don't care that EVs are faster. they're just not fun to drive. it's a totally different experience from driving a petrol car.
it's like comparing eating fancy restaurant food with a cold (and reduced taste), and eating a burger from a food truck without having a cold. the last one will be a much better experience even though it is "worse" food than the first one.
>>
>>27587758
How so? I'd say an ICEV feels numb compared to an EV because there's a greater delay between your input and the output reflected in the car's behavior VS an EV where the response is instant.
>>
>>27587767
yeah, if you don't get what I mean, you're never going to get it. and that's OK, not everybody has to like the same things.
>>
>>27587233
> le sovl
anyone who uses gay, tired chan cliches is a complete loser. anything they say can be immediately disregarded
>>
>>27587769
I'm not sure what there is to get. I love driving. I've been driving for 16 years. No vehicle's powertrain has impressed me more than the electric mode in my current PHEV. The amount throttle control is unlike anything else. People talk about naturally aspirated V8 like they're the pinnacle of torque and throttle response, but even the small electric motor I have now easily beats any NA V8 I've ever driven. I'm not saying my car is sportier than them, but it's a glimpse into the bright future of electric sports cars if this is what we have to look forward to.
>>
>>27587512
He sold it because he realized something every single european already realized 20 years ago, the A-Class sucks
>>
>>27584599
>kiketuber with video slop
Youtube will never add the feature to block channels.
>>
>>27588040
not only should they add a block feature, they should also send notifications to the channel owner every time someone has blocked him.
>>
>>27585394
Never forget the massive shart he ripped in the Lexus RC-F.
>>
>>27585421
SOVL is a ruleset for playing fantasy wargames. It can be played with miniatures on a table or digitally on Steam
>>
>>27586836
that just further leans on the specsheet ideology
>>
>>27586994
I like this boomer man and his rotten bri'ish teeth
Comfyness overload when he reviews bri'ish cars especially Land Rovers
>>
>>27587743
Not really. I like driving so EVs are not something I care about.
>>
>>27585421
He's autistic anon.
>>
File: hq720.jpg (49 KB, 686x386)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>27584599
For me, it's this guy.
>>
>>27584639
>He should review interesting cars if he didn't want his channel to die.
doug unironically peaked at the BMW Isetta video. all downhill since
>>
>>27584768
>The auto only sealed the deal for me, don't care anymore
holy shit, these crapmobiles are only available with automatics? lmao
>>
File: TLB-GTO-Social.jpg (1.53 MB, 2500x1711)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>27584599
Would recommend watching Two Lane Blacktop if you ever wondered what Doug would be doing before you could attentionwhore online.
>>
>>27587023
Talking all that shit while Zora himself would say you are dead wrong. Corvette has always been about getting better. And if you wanna be pedantic it’s been a euro car wannabe since before the first C1 came out, that’s always been the point of the Vette, doing what the euros did but maybe better in recent years.
>>
>>27584599
I hope that’s true, I want these babies to be dirt cheap.
>>
File: 1713058697328341.jpg (23 KB, 622x622)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>27587023
Judas Christ. This is why I hate other corvette owners.
Let me tell you the grim truth... if it isn't a Z... it isn't a real corvette. Simple as.

But you never buy 1st year CorVeeVees when there are major series Changes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.