[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0028.png (84 KB, 281x239)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
Show me your car’s quirks and features
>>
Doug gave my a car a quirkscore of 45 already, he knows what's up.
>>
File: IMG_2195.jpg (297 KB, 1280x960)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
Shoe feat. Fun
>>
>>27598974
Your car looks how Scorpions sounds.
Badass.
>>
I can fit one of your great uncles in the ashtray, how quirky is that?!
>>
Mine is driven by a faggot retard
>>
>>27598950
I thought it was Norm Macdonald in the thumbnail.
I'm severely disappointed, and sickened that I entered a eceleb thread.
>>
>>27599023
I reckon there were quite a few great uncles in the ashtray when this first rolled off the line
>>
>>27598950
It has three blue-green vacuum fluorescent displays in it, one on the dashboard that shows faults & other readings you can flip through using up/down buttons on the dashboard, one that projects a heads-up speed reading reflected off the windshield, and a gorgeous little one that's embedded in the rear view mirror that shows the magnetic compass reading. There's also a hidden12V outlet in the front of the driver's seat, and a rear backup radar system that gives rather a lot of false positives. It's a 2003 Park Avenue, and rather amazingly its CD player works ideally with even shitty burned discs, and never hiccups on rough roads. It's ridiculously quick off the line, but absolute trash when it comes to passing power, which is weird given its aerodynamic shape. The seats are all leather, and all except the driver's look brand new. It has some kind of system in it for summoning emergency services built-in, but I don't know how it works. There's rather a lot of buttons and controls on the roof above the rear view mirror. My favorite feature is the whole climate control setup. It leaves nothing to be desired in terms of ease of use and subtlety of adjustment. Now that I mention it, that's a 4th blue-green vacuum tube display.
>>
>>27598950
>>
>>27598950
>150hp
>has a traction control button
>>
>>27600993
I've seen the traction control light blink like crazy on a 95hp econobox. Just need a shit enough road and/or tires.
Turning traction control off in such a situation may be useful for getting the car out of whatever it's stuck in.
>>
File: IMG_20240312_132132.jpg (3.21 MB, 4608x2072)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
It has push button fuses
>>
>>27600993
200hp
Not sure what that traction control does, if anything. At least the cruise control works, but I don't trust or use it ever. My car has a 4 gear automatic, and i drove 70mph in 3rd gear without noticing much difference. Braking hard on a snowy surface with antilock brakes can be kind of fun, a surprise in terms of excellent engineering.
>>
They only made 2500 of them
>>
File: 1697189125199.jpg (2.37 MB, 3861x2174)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
>started as a skunk works project because engineers thought Ford was retarded for gutting the mustang to push the probe
>when ford realized they had a 'new coke' situation they shit themselves and panicked
>engineers swoop in to save the day on a white sn95 mustang they'd been working on anyway
>based on the fox platform so still has parts compatability going back 15 years, and going forward another 10 thanks to the new edge (1979-04 parts are pretty common)
>still has the 302 small block similar to the original 60s mustang
>aod dates back to the 70s
>between the pushrod and lra, probably one of the most mechanically simple "modern" muscle/pony cars
>benefits from 90s tech so it doesn't feel like a porch deck made of glued pallet wood when driving (looking at you, foxbody) but still has the soul of the old shitboxes that inspired it
>also looks rad and only seems to get better with age
My favorite car and it's worthless
>>
>>27598950
It used to get 17 mpg while being a 4 cylinder. Oh yeah, there are bad seals on the side windows, but nothing has broken yet.
>>
>>27600983
*also the sweet spots are 60 and 90. Reviews generally say it can get up to 120 or so at best, but this is simply not the case. Given tires of the proper rating, it can do 140 for days, without harm to the drivetrain.
>>
its RHD but..
>bonnet latch is on the left side
>fuel door is on the right
>bulky bell cranks run the width of the car to operate the clutch lever and brake master on the other side of the car
>>
File: 165345.jpg (1.31 MB, 3200x1920)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
Center headlight
>>
I can charge it at home and drive it on electricity.
>>
>>27601011
Traction control detects wheel spin and hits the brake of the wheel that spins. Theoretically anyway. It usually starts hitting the brake while you still have traction, fine for Karen on an icy road but not great for having fun or doing 0-60 runs.
Stability control is worse, it hits the brakes when it thinks you’re cornering too hard turning your sick power slide into understeer towards a car in the other lane.
>>
>>27598950
It's got manual hubs
>>
i put a touchscreen head unit into it
and it also now has a reverse camera because why not
>>
File: 20240420_164456.jpg (2.41 MB, 4624x2604)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
It's shit, I hate it. I hate my country's car market. My mom's having the time of her life with it tho.
2024 Hundai Bayon BTW.
>>
there is a trunk popper button here. I would never have known that without seeing it in a YT video. I always assumed you just had to use the keyfob or the cabin button
>>
>>27602418
sneaky nuts
>>
>>27598950
aight idk what the fuck it is, but there's a little button on my driver side controls that makes this little screen pop up on the rear windshield. Had no idea when I bought the thing, discovered it on the drive home. Neat tho.
>>
>>27598950
When I was in high school, Doug was making a video on one of my dad's cars. I was a little retard and thought it would be hilarious to make loud noises when they started recording so they'd have to start the clip all over again. I probably annoyed the shit out of him and the camera crew but still got a picture with him afterwards. Lmao. He's actually pretty tall
>>
>>27598950
He already pointed them out on mine, one light says TDR, the other says PRO. And some other neat things like having the cameras come on under 5MPH. It also seems the pro exhaust has a cot over valve that is spring loaded since it is pretty quiet till about 3k then it gets noticeably louder.
>>
File: 116926513-3876221694.jpg (165 KB, 1024x768)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>27598950
The only way to open the rear hatch is with the key.
There is no button on the back, there is no button by the driver's seat, and there is no button on the key fob.
Thanks, GM
>>
>>27598950
my car has no tach
>>
>>27602355
Really? I have this car for years and didn’t know. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>27598950
It has hydraulic jacks on all four corners to make changing a wheel easier
>>
>>27601029
Pretty based, ngl.
>>
>>27599078
Norm is an e-celeb, just a fat and gay one
>>
>>27604217
I didn't know SNL in the 90s was making e-celebs famous.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.