[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705522781517733.jpg (189 KB, 953x712)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
Are scratches/dings unavoidable on a daily?
>>
yes
>>
>>27599689
Dings yes, scratches can be mitigated with a clear wrap
>>
The best thing about getting your first ding/scratch on a new daily is that it makes the next one that much easier to cope with.
>>
>>27599689
Yes you're better off never owning nice things unless you live away from other people
>>
>>27599689
yes.
>.t Driver for more years than your mother has been sexually active.
>>
>>27599689
No.
>>
>>27599689
Yes unfortunately most other drivers aren’t fully human and will door ding you.
>>
>>27599689
yes it is by not being a drooling retard and actually looking at what your doing
>>
File: 1883.jpg (16 KB, 241x241)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>27599689
I'm afraid so
I originally planned to keep my car looking good, fill in scratches, buff/sand shit out etc but eventually realized it would be a waste on a 15-year-old car. it doesn't have to look good, it just has to get me to work and back and it does that job pretty well. when the time comes to retire it I'll probably cry a bit.
>>
File: 20240325_110412 (2).jpg (1.76 MB, 2000x1500)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>27599689
yeah. i stopped caring
got ran into by a bus recently so i spent the insurance money on new suspension and tires
>>
File: 1713056188422854.jpg (114 KB, 1024x661)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>27600702
nice hound.
is this the bus that hit you?picrel
>>
>>27599689
Yeah, it hurts for a bit, then you learn to accept them. They're like wrinkles, inevitable. Just protect the panels from rust and keep the car mechanically solid
>>
>>27599689
I am a super annoying OCPD anal retentive freak and the only ways I've found to cope with this unavoidable fact of life is:

- daily a shitbox you don't care about. An old economy car like an old Camry/Corolla and just accept that it will look fucked up.

- own nothing and be happy. Rent/lease cars instead of owning, so you don't give a fuck when you throw it back at them. OEMs give you a certain amount of leeway on leases, like "scratches can't be greater than 2 inches" or "no more than 1 scratch per body panel" etc. but they will tolerate a lot of "wear and tear" (in my mind: unacceptable imperfections for which an entire car ought to be scrapped and buy me a new one).

t. schizo
>>
>>27602653
Never get a lease, it is tempting but you will be in greater debt.
I drove shitboxes for decades,walked, bussed and bikefag. da can where i did "go new" and bought a leftover 2001 Hyndai Accent. it fit my budget, it was economical and served its purpose.
you will own something.

Change your oil regularly. check your other fulids regularly, rotate your tires and keep them inflated... dont beat on your shit and if it needs to be fixed, and it is beyond your wrench level... get a guy. you need a good mech buddy just as much as you need a good dope dealer.
>>
Pretty much. Which is why I wonder how my used car survived nearly 20 years looking relatively good before it got introduced into my life, now it has a bunch of scratches 3 years into me owning it.
:'(

I'm a bad owner. I failed my car. I stopped caring about it now, it's just a daily.

If you don't have a garage, it's a losing battle trying to keep a car looking mint.
>>
>>27602653
>Rent/lease cars instead of owning, so you don't give a fuck when you throw it back at them.
You do realize they'll charge you for any damage, right?
>>
>>27602943
Are you dumb? The guy probably just buffed out all the scratches before he sold it to you. It's mad easy to do.
>>
>>27599689
It's a car
It's meant to show a little ware
What are you some pansy who thinks everything needs to be perfect all the time?
>>
>>27599689
Yeah. It's unavoidable. After you get the first one, even if it's very minor and almost unnoticeable, you'll shrug and get over it, or you'll act like me, lose your fucking mind, pull an AMC Eagle out of a junkyard, get it running and use that for a DD.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.