[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (53 KB, 635x453)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
post non-NPC brands
>>
>>27600015
Ok, you start
>>
File: Boomer_Car.jpg (183 KB, 980x649)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>27600015
Subaru is bought by boomers who are NPCs. They get outback cross all the fucking time, I see them constantly.
>>
>>27600016
Fpbp literally every subaru driver is a dyke or a vapelord neckbeard
>>
>>27600015
>post non-NPC brands
>posts car that every vaping japanese cartoon watching pedophile drives
>>
The only real answer
>>
File: IMG_9631.jpg (201 KB, 1600x1600)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>
File: shelby super snake.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>
File: intro-1647875379[1].jpg (85 KB, 780x438)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>
>>27600137
Saab seems cool but parts availability always scares me away
>>
>>27600158
They're working hard to change that
>>
>>27600016
Subaru, Nissan, Infinity and Chrysler are peak NPC brands.
>>
>>27600015
lmao subuwu is one of the most NPC car brands there is
>>
File: 1682332016545162.png (343 KB, 1032x580)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>27600015
Caterham. Kinda trick question. Only brands that don't sell any NPC cars qualify. Even exotic brands like Lamborghini attract some NPC buyers.
>>
>>27600269
Honestly getting parts for volvos or land rovers is harder
>>
>>27600158
>need to replace a part
>have to wait months for the part to arrive
>>
>>27600315
I'd say anything Lotus qualifies too.
>>
File: Eagle Speedster Front.jpg (352 KB, 2048x1536)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>27600015
>>
File: Eagle Speedster back.jpg (359 KB, 2048x1536)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>27600634

Jag used to be a non NPC make, now its nothing. I don't think an NPC would buy an Eagle Speedster though.
>>
>>27600243
post bus pass
>>
>>27600026
Ugly. Slow. Gay.
>>
>>
>>27600158
that's for the based retard brigade
>>
File: Mazda_Logo.png (346 KB, 3900x2194)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>
>>27602706
Mazda is literally THE npc brand for normies who want to make a 'reasonable' purchase for the money who get wowed by nice interiors.
>>
>>27602956
No, THE npc brand is Hyundai.
>>
>>27602962
Just a budget brand for people who want a cheap car. Nothing wrong or NPC about that. There should be more cheap cars on the market.
>>
>>27602956
wait what? Are you saying wanting a "nice interior" is not reasonable?
>>
>>27602965
I'm saying that's what they base their purchase on. This car seems reasonable enough, it's cheap, has a nice interior and has good specs on paper! Npc purchase since all they really know and can feel during their test drive is the interior, god knows they won't know shit else about the car.
>>
>>27602956
Mazdas don't have CVTs. Mazdas are usually less practical because they are small. Mazdas have good steering and suspension, usually. They are for people that appreciate having a nicely made car.
>>
File: 1698687717491265.jpg (155 KB, 1250x1052)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
muscle cars
>>
>>27602971
>Good steering
Wrong.
>Good suspension
Also wrong.

A Civic Sport Touring is a better handling car with the better suspension, more practical, with more space, and better visibility. Mazda doesn't care about the driving dynamics of their cars besides the mx-5. They are NPC mobiles.
>>
>>27600269
My girlfriend in high school had a Saab. It was probably a late 80s/early 90s model. The engine being in backwards always did my head in.
>>
>>27602990
Absolute basic Mazda 3 has almost 200hp and a real transmission and costs a good deal less than a Civic Sport Touring. Being 'more practical' is for NPCs that want to bring their heckin doggos to the beach.
>>
File: davecoleman.png (457 KB, 640x480)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
>>27602990
>Mazda doesn't care about the driving dynamics of their cars besides the mx-5. They are NPC mobiles.
They're one of the few companies that cares about feel and dynamics. Example, one of my heroes as a kid, Dave Coleman, the guy whose editorials made me go into mech engineering, designs mazdas to be slightly harsher in the US for better feel because we have good roads outside of the midwest anyway. They actually have engineers doing things like that, which I appreciate.
>>
Mitsubishi.
Very few go down the path of the Kamikaze.
You will have either a rich kid wrenchlet or a mad man wrenching in the darkness creating a legendary machine out of pure spite. No inbetween.
>>
>>27603029
Heys that's the guy from American pie
>>
>>27602990
whats the equivalent of a type R with an automatic or dct?
>but anon just drive man-
no
>>
>>27603052
You know what's weird? I've read every issue of the last ten years of Sport Compact Car magazine, but never saw American Pie and don't even know what it's about. /tism
>>
>>27603064
>Stop being a faggot
>no
That's your choice to make, and you will have to answer to god for it.

Elantra N is this

>>27603028
>Real transmission
>Auto
So mention the civic Si that also has 200 hp and an actual manual transmission and will shit on the Mazda 3 in handling, driving dynamics, and fun. Higher trim levels have more power but they don't offer a manual which just goes to show Mazda isn't serious about performance. They only care about making commuter boxes for 'reasonable' shoppers who look at higher numbers on a sheet and think they are buying a superior vehicle when they don't even know what the fuck they are buying. Nobody serious about cars is looking at a high trim level mazda 3, and anyone looking at a base model 3 is just looking for a cheap and comfy econobox. They aren't serious drivers cars, period.

>>27603029
Engineers from any brand do impressive shit, but just because some dude says some shit doesnt make it so. Watch savage geese videos and they will show you where mazda skimps out on their cars, and where most of their money goes. Most of the money goes into the interior. The cars are built to a price point and they simply can't do everything exceptionally well and better than everyone else. Just not how it works.
>>
>>27602706
Mazda is the NPC brand for NPCs who want to believe they're not NPCs
>t. was a Mazda NPC
>>
>>27602990
Honda is a brand for NPCs who gave up trying to be main characters
>t. was also Honda motorcyclist
>>
>>27603035
This, there was a point during the FnF haydays when Mitsu was NPC but they're now so deep in the hole you can't call them NPC cars anymore, they're side-character cars now, the kind of car your homie drives because he can't get financed for anything better
>>
>>27603101
None of that means anything. Honda makes good cars and does what they always have done well to this day, look at the Type R. I do hear that Honda motorcycles are a bit lackluster and safe compared to older ones though.
>>
>>27603105
>None of that means anything.
Because you don't understand Honda, their power delivery does not have any character anymore. Maybe back in the VTEC days they weren't NPC but they're as much NPC as Toyota is now. The power delivery of their cars have always been like their bikes gutless down low and spinny up top but since Honda went turbo, their cars don't have the fun of RPMs. Even their new bikes don't have that anymore, the CB650R redlines at like 12.5k, compare that to the CBR600RR does like 16.5k. Honda gave up trying to have sovl
>>
>>27600158
>>27600272
lmao, truth
>>
>>27603111
>Honda gave up trying to have sovl
Incorrect. Look at the Type R again which you ignored. Honda's hands are tied behind its back, as are most manufacturers. Everyone is going smaller engine with forced induction. That isn't unique to Honda. Everyone reminisces about their brand's golden age but that isn't a real argument. All brands are doing great things despite the restrictions they face. It's just not what you are used to.

Toyotas are totally NPC mobiles for people who's personality revolves around how reliable their cars are, not realizing new toyota products are going to be as reliable as old ones. They only have interesting/fun cars because of their CEO who realized they need to make fun cars, like all the GR cars. Without those, Toyota's catalog is a snooze fest. None of those cars are drivers cars, and it's not like toyota fans even care either. They are the it just werks people of the car world. Honda fans care more about driving than that, they aren't comparable in my eyes.
>>
>>27603129
The Type-R is peak NPC and just copied the other FWD/AWD econo-sport-hatches/sedans. There is no sovl in the modern Type-R, therefore, it's an NPC-mobile. At least with Toyota the GR86 has sovl.
>>
>>27603132
You're just shitposting. I understand.
>>
>>27603133
No, I genuinely believe what I just said, I used to ride Honda motorcycles, hell I even sat in an EG Civic with a B18 EK Type-R motor swapped into it, that's something else compared to the modern Type-R
>>
>>27600016
Right? Subaru is *the* NPC brand.
>>
>>27603140
Nah. Subbies have some quirky charm to them. At least for now... the 2025 Forester looks like a total NPC-mobile. The uniqueness is gone.
>>
>>27603140
Even I say Subaru is an NPC brand and my grandfather had a Subaru 360, the very first automobile in our family history, nothing gets more NPC than Subaru
>>
>>27603159
Just because Subarus can be quirky doesn't make them not an NPC brand. Mass appeal is their entire brand identity, you can't be not an NPC if your goal is to appeal to them
>>
>>27603161
>>27603164
How? They do things different and are a little dorky. I don't see how that is an NPC brand. The ultimate NPC brand is Toyota, and I can't even see how that's debatable.
>>
>>27603164
>Mass appeal is their entire brand identity
Is it now? From one of the smallest automakers in the game? Mass appeal? I don't know what marketing idiots you've been listening to but Subaru hasn't ever struck me as "reaching for mass-appeal." They stick with the most basic mechanical principles and only change things when laws require them to. IDK, they seem very not-NPC to me, but I'm not a social guy.
>>
>>27603168
>>27603170
Because they make all of their business decisions based on what they think the market wants, sure, most big companies do that, but it's the defining feature of being an NPC, doing what you're programmed to, not what you deeply want inside. That's why the whole black plastic wheel arch thing became a needless controversy. It's why they spun off the WRX into its own line and killed the STI. It's why they've put so much into AWD and base all their cars (except the Toyobaru) on AWD. Mass Appeal. It's why No-haggle pricing is popular amongst their brand loyalists. Those aren't bad things but they're clearly not moving at what they themselves think is cool. Following the crowd is NPC.
>>
>>27603184
>Because they make all of their business decisions based on what they think the market wants, sure, most big companies do that, but it's the defining feature of being an NPC, doing what you're programmed to, not what you deeply want inside
That seems like exactly the opposite of the Subaru I know. Don't listen to the international marketing teams, look at the cars themselves. They're very modular for economy and they try to keep things as mechanically-sound as possible. They don't make "AWD" SUVs that have 3 turns, and cpu-controlled clutches, they make real simple mechanical AWD. Maybe it's because they care, maybe it's because it's cheap to make, whatever. I don't see them trying trendy EV shit or fancy interior shit, they just make cars that work. Any hanging-on to mass-appeal or trends is probably just them struggling to survive.
>>
>>27603192
>they just make cars that work
So you agree they're as soulless as Toyota then
>>
>>27603194
If "soulless" is mechanical simplicity then sure. They aren't selling you on gimmicks, they sell you cars. That's tism, not NPC.
>>
>>27603132
you are retarded
>>
>>27600015
I've seen two subaru 86s in the last two weeks. Beautiful cars but the first was Hyper Blue driven by a lesbian hiker who does search and rescue locally during the weekends, the other was the new GR86 driven by a walmart manager in his 40s who I saw exit the car vaping.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.