[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2301.jpg (50 KB, 639x480)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>1992 ford laser
>swapped radio
>noticed old radio wasn't grounded
>grounded new radio
>start car
>starter motor grinding
>fuck around and turn fan on
>turn key and no grind, starts normal
>turn off and turn fan off
>start car, no grind
>take car for a drive
>pop the hood and battery cell light is dead but still kicks over
>take for another drive and battery light is green
>starter motor grinds unless I turn fan off and on
>all battery tests say battery is fine
>unground the car radio as it originally was
>problem still persists
>fuses all good

wat went wong?
>>
>>27600052
Not your personal Google
>>
>>27600052
Loose positive at starter
>>
>>27600052
It's a shitbox and you've proven that every fault is independent of every other fault.
You have unrelated problems that don't affect eachother. Any pseudo-pattern you see is because you do not have any mechanical or technical understanding and think electronics are voodoo magic.
>>
>>27600584
wtf lol
>>27600472
Thanks. Any thoughts on why the starter starts fine when I turn the fan on and off?
>>
>>27600700
Mechanical "grind" doesn't give a shit about another electrical device.
It's all in your head dude.
>correlation =/= causation.
>>
Do you understand what grounding is for? It just puts the electronics at the same potential as your battery. It was common (no pun) for older electronics not to use a grounding cable but now it's generally required to keep an electrically sound (no pun) system.
https://googlethatforyou.com?q=ford%201992%20laser%20motor%20starter%20grind
>>
>>27601175
It very much only started grinding immediately after I swapped the radio. first start up. Had the car for months prior with no issues. pretty sure the loud squealing grind isn't in my head.

>>27601438
I appreciate the condescending reply. I wasn't sure what exactly to google so thank you. I've swapped radios on all my cars no issues so I just curious what I did wrong this time.
>>
You write like a retard and I can barely understand you. Check the cables to the starter and manually check every relay under the hood. You 100% sure you didn't blow a fuse? Check the underhood fusebox.

Sounds like you shorted DC on your radio and blew some type of relay or fuse which means starter isn't getting enough power. You can manually direct wire your starter from the battery as a test to prove its not actually a starter issue but some electrical problem.

I would bet money you just blew a relay or fuse. Go through and manually pull every single one amd inspect them.
>>
>>27603277
>I appreciate the condescending reply.
Sorry bro. The electrical part was serious, but the lmgtfy was all condescension on purpose.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.