[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ffxv.png (371 KB, 650x366)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
Do you remember the last time you had to push a car because it broke down?
>>
I had a problem with the EVAP system where the hose for the EVAP system was stuck open (it has to open and close), so whenever I filled up my tank at the station the gas fumes from the back overflowed down the EVAP hose into the engine, and it failed to ignite when I turned the key. So I put the car in neutral and pushed the car forward because other people were waiting in line for the fuel pump.

After I pushed the car away, I tried turning on the car a few times and it works. This happened for a few weeks and now it's okay for some reason.
>>
i didn't do the pushing but:

>parking garage at work
>built in the late 70s/early 80s
>entrance height is like 6 feet-something
>timing belt on my car commits suicide
>car on the 8th level
>tight corners
>call tow truck
>it can't fit in
>tow guy helps me push it out of my parking spot
>coast it down with no power
>steering is a bitch
>managed not to hit anything

that was fun
>>
>>27600581
Yeah the most notable thing about pushing a car with no power is the steering. It's tight as fuck. I thought I was breaking the car or something
>>
Yeah, some guy’s Audi TT not too long ago.
He stopped at a stop light and wouldn’t go again, so I pulled over my bobtail and helped him move it to the curb.
Thing was surprisingly heavy.
>>
My dad was teaching me how to drive manual and I stalled the car so many times that the shitty battery died
Never asked to be taught manual again because he got all grumpy and pissed off
>>
>>27600581
>>27600593
faggot zoomers. Please stay away from my board
>>
>>27600570
>battery dead
>push my car as fast as i can
>jump in put into gear and drop clutch
the fucker started
man i enjoy having 900kg shitbox with no power steering
>>
>>27600593
I drove for like a month with broken power steering, it's not that bad
>>
yes
>>
>19 years old
>trying to get to wagemart job in 90 degree weather
>come to a stop at a 4 way intersection
>right then and there the fuel pump on my 1994 Grand Cherokee fucking dies
>cars on the perpendicular roads are wondering wtf
>put my hands up and gesticulate that my car's probably not moving and they should move along
>faggot in a VW behind me lays on his horn
>stops as soon as I get out thinking I'm going to give him a piece
>in reality I had just put the car in neutral and was pushing on the A pillar with my shoulder to get it through the intersection once it cleared since there was a gas station down the road
Thankfully my mom was just getting off her work and came to pick me up just as soon as the tow truck came but I still got chewed out for not calling out tardy a day early for my work.
>>
No i never did
I never had a car that broke down
>>
>>27600570
Yeah, summer 2017. ECU was on the fritz and died leaving a Taco Bell, buddy helped me push it into a nearby grocery store parking lot.
>>
>>27600570
>be in high school
>friend has a car that we call "wind up car"
>auto transmission 80 GM shitbox with no first gear or a stuck torque converter or something
>car is completely unable to idle in gear
>car dies at every stop light and requires a half dozen teenagers to jump out and push start it the first few car lengths and then jump back in while it is slowly rolling
>take that car to lunch every day for 6 months
>>
>>27601611
you can also push other people's cars
>>
>>27600570
yeah. i do it all the time because i own nothing but project cars at this point. praying my latest shitbox doesn’t blow up before i can get my other cars fixed. i’ve accumulated 3 lawn ornaments and i don’t want more. yet.
>>
>>27600570
Never pushed a car cuz it broke down or ran out of gas.
Did help push a car or two that got stuck in the snow
>>
>>27600570
Unrelated, but did anyone here actually buy FFXV because it advertised itself as a road trip RPG?
>>
67 Mustang coupe 390/auto. It didn't break down but it did run out of gas because the gauge was inop so I guess it fits the thread if you squint just right.

Anyway, morning rush hour and in the fast lane on the freeway, because where else would you be with a big block car that has drum brakes?Exit coming up in a mile or so and traffic to the left so goose it to get ahead and the engine just falls flat. My friend and I look at each other and immediately think: GAS!

There's a Diamond Shamrock on the access road between the on-ramp we're passing and the upcoming exit with only one split-second chance to make it. Executive decision made instantly and dive across three lanes and the on-ramp to get to the access road. Only a couple people honked and there was some screeching tires somewhere but we made it and were coasting toward salvation.

Except the car was slowing too quickly to make it all the way. Of course we're still laughing our asses off at the bullshit we just pulled and got away with ad as the car slows to about a fast run he yells PUSH! We both jump out and with both doors open are push-running as fast as we can because there's one helluva entrance ramp to get into this place and if the car stops we will never get it to the pumps. So for like 100 yards we're pushing this car for all we're worth and actually make it. Of course we're the star attraction with an arrival like that and everybody is staring in various degrees of disbelief that there are TWO idiots like that. In between the laughing, coughing, wheezing, and shooting pains in left arms we manage to get the car filled up and go on to work.

Haven't pushed a car since.
>>
>>27600570
One time my starter died and I was facing uphill so I rolled it backwards into a driveway then I pushed it out to push start it.
>>
>>27600570
2017, in a roundabout next to a huge supermarket parking lot. Lucky me.
>>
>>27600580
most FI cars have a clear flood mode, hold the accelerator to the floor while you crank and it will spark but not run the injectors which clears up the excess gas vapors quickly
>>
>>27600596
they're tiny cars, but the quattro convertible is like 3600 pounds somehow
>>
>>27600570
Does pushing it around the garage to get it out of the way count?
>>
no, i've only ever driven periodically-serviced toyotas

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.