[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0w20.jpg (130 KB, 893x1414)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
is it okay to buy engine oil from amazon? or am i just gonna get refilled jugs with some cheap ass 25w-50 oil
>>
>>27603328
Why wouldn't it be okay? It's the exact same oil that they sell at autozone or napa or wherever.
>>
>>27603328
Check the seal nigga
>>
>>27603355
because anybody can fill up an empty synth oil bottle with cheap oil and resell it on amazon

>>27603362
seals can be easily replaced
>>
>>27603368
You can do that at an autoparts store too.
Seems like a highly unlikely scenario to be paranoid about, but maybe you can just drill your own oil if you're that anxious about it.
>>
>>27603355
>Why wouldn't it be okay?
Because amazon is filled with counterfeits now, worse than ebay ever was
>>
>>27603377
Less likely to happen at an autoparts store where their credibility is on the line, HOWEVER, big groceries have been caught doing something similar with counterfeit detergents. The risk is far higher online from a faceless seller than shopping in person. There's a reason brick and mortar stores have suddenly shifted from the bottom of their market trend and is signalling a recovery, thanks to the rampant counterfeitting online as well as companies like temu straight up just selling garbage
>>
I stopped buying consumables from Amazon because people like to return trash and Amazon seems to just resend what ever they get back.

I tried to buy some car wash soap and got a used bottle that someone refilled with water and sent back.

You might even find a cheaper price somewhere else too.
>>
Just go to a local Walmart you lazy fuck.
>>
>>27603379
>>27603385
Weird. I've never received a counterfeit product from amazon or any other store. This is the first I've even heard of it being an issue.
I still think it's a non-existent problem, but I guess you can get your oil tested if you're that concerned about it.
>>
>>27603392
Unless... maybe the testing companies are counterfeiting their results too.
Maybe the oil producers are counterfeiting the weights of the oils too.
Maybe the auto manufacturers are counterfeiting the cars!!!
>>
>>27603392
I wouldn't order oil online anyways just because it's easily available >>27603391 and testing oil is a level of autism that's beyond mine even. Regarding counterfeits, I received a counterfeit bike chain that popped at speed and caused me to crash hard so I'm sour af about counterfeits
>>
I've yet to see anyone beat walmart for their price on mobil 1
I'm not looking very hard, admittedly
>>
>>27603391
Walmart doesn't stock my Pennzoil ultra platinum
I only buy "ships and sold by Amazon" tho
>>
>>27603328
Engine oil is not something I would want to put at risk of being delivered by an overworked and underpaid Amazon delivery worker.
>>
>>27603625
This happened this week actually
I guess it was damaged on the way
Oh well I'll get some more in 2 days
>>
>>27603385
Yeah I'm decently concerned about buying most things off Amazon. Most of it's Chinesium design, which cut corners on material specifications to save costs. Fasteners and washers are things I wish were cheaper, and they are on Amazon, but I probably wouldn't put on anything that experiences moderate heat/pressure changes.
>>
>>27603328
are you stupid? havent you figured out the amazon scam yet?

>buy oil
>replace oil with new
>store old oil in the new container
>send back to amazon
>reason: it was already opened and old!
>no questions asked
>refunded free oil
>>
>>27603668
Because it's super hard to tell used oil from new?
>>
>>27603328
>yeah but
>yeah but
>yeah but
Holy fuck OP just go to a Valvoline and get it changed by a 40 year old managed by a 17 year old if you're this paranoid about Amazon.
>>
File: drowzee-dancing.gif (37 KB, 220x166)
37 KB
37 KB GIF
>>27603691
Anon, never underestimate how stupid people are.
>>
File: 894965.png (148 KB, 400x400)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>27603328
the only way of avoiding this is to buy by case or get that havoline box that has a bladder of oil in it.
>>
>>27603328
>he doesn't have a local Amsoil dealer ship directly to him for premium kino oil and filters
NGMI my friend
>>
>>27603328
I've gotten counterfeit supplements from Scamazon, protein powder containers refilled with flour...

This type of shit is rampant on there since the West is turning into a third world hell. Idk I just buy the cheapest oil from Costco, according to online tests it's the same oil as some other brand they just package it in a Kirkland bottle.
>>
try it out faggot
>>
i hate waiting for shit. even if it's a few buck more I'd rather go to autozone.
>>
>>27603328
Do you guys really put amsoil in your shitboxes?
>>
>>27603328
Just buy 5gal jugs of T6 and be set for a while.
>>
>>27606795
How much do you pay for a jug?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.