[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: C63 2.png (2.22 MB, 1290x1311)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
How does someone from the states import a euro wagon that’s newer than 25 years
>>
>>27603640
Have a company who specializes in it do it for you. For significantly more money, ofc.
>>
chop it up and import as parts
>>
>>27603640
i'm pretty sure there's a legal way by saying it's similar enough to the regular sedan model which is tested/sold in the US
They just don't want to sell their wagons in the US because no one buys them.
>>
Florida will let you register anything
>>
I was in Hawaii on vacation a bit ago and I saw someone with a fucking ute just driving on the street, plated and everything. pretty sure it was whatever the car the Chevy SS was based on because the front end looked identical, but it 100% was a ute. really wish I took a picture but I was in mild shock and I was only next to him for a few seconds at a light.
>>
>>27603640
It's not illegal to merely possess such a vehicle. When it comes to registering, as long as it has a VIN and Lakwanda can find the make and model in the database, you could probably get it registered and insured. It's not like Customs is combing over every single vehicle registered in the country on the hunt for something illegal to operate, someone has to report it. If it looks like and is registered similarly to something legally sold here you could probably get away with driving it for as long as you want assuming your state doesn't have inspections. I wouldn't recommend risking it, though.
>>
>>27603640
You can legally import even a brand new car into Philadelphia if its fairly fuel efficient, low emissions vehicle.
>>
>>27603711
Someone probably pulled the VIN off a G8 or Chevy SS and registered it as such. 100% illegal but the government doesn't really care enough to track it down unless someone reports it or it's a 'problem' model that people repeatedly import and therefore is put on their internal list like Skylines and Defenders.
>>
Just a glance over at mb.usa and they have an E class wagon and even AMG E class wagon listed. I am sure if you ask for a wagon at a big brand they can just ship one over for the right price.
>>
>>27603640
C63 ESTATE with 6.2 is my dream too (((
>>
File: 7.jpg (95 KB, 619x466)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>27603711
conversion kit, anything is possible with enough money and time.

https://www.lefthandutes.com/
>>
>>27603640
>How does someone from the states import a euro wagon that’s newer than 25 years

By NOT LYING TO THE FEDS

Literally every case of someone fucking up importing a car is because they lie to the fucking feds and their little oopsie gets outed

Cars don't have some magical barriers to entry to the US and you can literally import anything with the proper paperwork and method just DONT FUCKING LIE TO THE GOVERMENT WHILE DOING IT
>>
Apparently Texas recently made it possible to legally import cars under 25 years of age.
>>
>>27604388
They're pretty lame to be honest
>>
>>27603640
Most of the replies in this thread are wrong.

That specific car was imported as a tourist vehicle that was supposed to go back to Europe after a year, but the dmv issued a license plate when it wasn't supposed to, when the owner tried to renew, someone found the mistake and the feds were notified. Leading to a choice of either exporting it (to a non-land border country) or have it scrapped.
>>
>>27603640
Register in Montana or South Dakota. You can register any vehicle and don't have to live there.
>>
>>27603640
bmw e61 tourings up to production date 09/1/2006 are exempt from the 25 year import ban. Get a 535d.
>>
>>27605882
How can you tell what’s exempt from the import ban. Also e61? Does that mean the m5 e61 is exempt
>>
File: gtr.jpg (291 KB, 2048x1151)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>27603640
Get your Canadian citizenship lol.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.