[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3751.jpg (663 KB, 1787x754)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
57% of Gen Z, prefer to own classic cars compared to millennials at 49%

Zoomers have placed their buying power behind older vehicles that maintain a strong resale value and appreciation.

>Sources:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/35536/generation-z-wants-to-keep-classic-cars-alive-but-theres-a-lot-working-against-them
>>
File: IMG_3552.jpg (2.31 MB, 3725x1931)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
>>27603890
Its , simple When the cars being manufactured today , are overpriced , expensive and flat out unreliable with in a year , its only logical to buy an older car or truck to fix up , and ride it until the wheels fall off.
>>
>>27603890
Seems right, though I would substitute the word classic for "older". At my college there are a few guys with 1980s Volvos and MR2s and 1970s Mercedes Benzs and VWs. When I was in high school, there were three kids who had Suzuki Samurais.

Personally, I am looking for a 3rd or 4th Gen Caprice or an FR Bonneville right now (kind of would prefer the Bonneville, to be quite honest).

That said, I want to get out of college and start working for a little bit first.

>t. Zoomer
>>
>>27603900
>flat out unreliable with in a year
you could buy pretty much any non meme modern car, do the most basic level of maintenance (oil changes), and easily get 150-200 miles out of it. modern cars are WAY more reliable than older cars, you retard
>>
It's because all new cars are the same since they all have to adhere to the same stringent over regulation.
>>
File: IMG_2054.jpg (387 KB, 1137x758)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
People want what they cant have
The best way to make something ultra desirable is to make it unobtainable, doesn't matter if it's handbags or miatas
>>
>>27603919
>200k is impressive
I had well over 400k on my 76 olds 88 before it rusted in half. The 350 rocket is a tank.
>>
Translation: Zoomers can't afford anything made in the last 10 years
>>
>>27603985
Affording a car is no longer relevant since ANYONE can walk into a dealership and finance $100k with 0 down.

Zoomers just genuinely like old pieces of shit.
>>
>>27603890
any 10-25+ year old car can be seen as a classic
hell, many 90's JDM cars (and a couple '00s cars) are already classics
most zoomers idolize cars from that era, not 60s boomermobiles
>>
>>27603890
Where's the study? This article is anecdotal. Besides "classic cars" includes early 2000s shitboxes. Getting a 2002 Trans Am and restoring it isn't the same as getting a 1970 Trans Am. The kid in the article may have a classic Mustang, but it sounds like his Gen X daddy helped him acquire it since he's into 20s Fords.

The brocolli headed faggots by and large show little interest in cars and this article feels like a cope. Both their generation and mine (Millennial) have little interest in anything except numbers and few options due to previous generations buttfucking the market. Closest to a classic I can afford is a Dodge Ramcharger, for Christ's sake and I'm genuinely into classic cars. Props to the kid and anyone trying to keep classics on the road, but be real. Anecdotes are just that. Most people just want A fucking car that works and can get them to their shitty wageslave jobs.
>>
>>27603992
>Affording a car is no longer relevant since ANYONE can walk into a dealership and finance $100k with 0 down.
Zoomers can't afford a $100k car. It's completely relevant.
>>
god i hate boomers and how they junked some of the best shitboxes ever made
i had to pay 1000€ for a volvo 144 project car that would've cost like 50mk 30 years ago
>>
File: IMG_3753.jpg (400 KB, 1179x1684)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>27603890
>>27603900
>age 21

I drive an older classic , because of the insurance rate and ease of repairs, modern cars are so bland unless your talking about Japanese sports cars.

1981 iroc camaro
>>
>>27604272
>1981 IROC
Dumbass.
>>
>>27603992
>ANYONE can walk into a dealership and finance $100k with 0 down.
I'm glad you believe this to be true
>>
>>27603900
>>27603890
OP has proven himself to be an illiterate retarded faggot once again. Same moron that made the “NOOO WHY AREN’T PEOPLE BEING MECHANICS” thread which was garbage wall text.
>>
>>27604064
I went to a very wealthy college on a scholarship. I bought a 1969 Mercury Cyclone 390 4 speed for 4k my first semester. The blue paint was burned off, it was dented to shit, and every rubber bit on it was dry rotted. I loved that car, burned oil like nothing else but man did it bring a smile to my face.
All of my classmates thought it was a massive pile of junk and my dormmates refused to drive in it with me because it was "unsafe". Only person that thought it was cool was a dude from the engineering department.
Some bitch in an audi totaled it in the parking lot my last year. I still haven't gotten over it.
>>
>>27604308
>OP has proven himself to be an illiterate retarded faggot.
>Illiterate

But your mother says i am poetic especially when were in bed and the dirty talking begins.

>faggot
>>
>>27604064
Agreed with your post
>>
millennials don't have as much leisure bucks as zoomers, so they can't really afford anything more than the previous gen econobox
>>
>we're getting to Cuba tier poverty in real time
I hecking love capitalism!
>>
>>27604792
It's an unholy alliance of liberal globalism and capitalism.
>you will outsource all your manufacturing overseas
>you will let in millions of immigrants to drive down wages
>you will go to college for 6 years minimum for a decent job
>you will live in eternal debt slavery
>you will pay 50% of your income in taxes
>we will continue printing endless money
>>
File: 16e.jpg (92 KB, 680x1360)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>27604792
>>27604808
I don't think 9001 government regulations dictating how manufacturers must build nu cars is "capitalism" bros
>>
>>27604813
no it's global liberalism, big corporations are happy to go along with it. Just look at the Ford family.
>>
>>27604818
That's a weird choice of words to describe bureaucratic overreach
>>
>>27604824
Bureaucratic overreach is endemic to liberalism and that overreach will inevitably become global without any counteracting force.
>>
>>27604827
You're getting a bit blankety m8
>>
>>27604830
>things are happening for absolutely no discernible reason! We shouldn't bother noticing or caring, everything is and has always been just like this!
No.
>>
>>27603890
well duh, they can't afford anything new. The other day I saw a fancy new BMW M340i in town and to no one's surprise the dude behind the wheel was a bald skinny gramps that seemed like he should be in the hospital ward not on the road. That's the reality, only oldfags have money.
>>
File: strawman.png (200 KB, 428x384)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>27604832
You got him bra
>>
>configure the economy so that the only people who can live comfortably are 120 years in debt just to own a new car and rent a clean apartment
>suprised when non-retards buy older cars to stay out of debt
>>
>>27604808
>you will outsource all your manufacturing
Meanwhile Biden is giving companies incentive to produce in the US.

>you will let in millions of immigrants to drive down wages
Not nearly that many, but legal immigrants still have to be paid legal wages.
Undocumented immigration of the kind preferred by Republicans creates a grey area perfect for the dual ledgers they love to keep.
Paying one wage on the books, while the undocumented laborer gets paid another wage in reality with the difference lining the pocket of the crooked managers.
Provide legal status, and legal recourse. Then companies have no reason to prefer immigrants like they do now.

>you will go to college for 6 years minimum for a decent job
Tuition reimbursement programs are another thing this administration is serious about.

>you will pay 50% of your income in taxes
Not even income over the top bracket is taxed at that rate.
But it should be. Right now they pay less than the average worker.
Plus of course things like private healthcare are functionally a tax.
When there should be Medicare for All.
>>
>>27604848
you are not going to see a resurgence of american production, I don't care who they put in office or what they say or do.
it is not coming back you giant faggot.
>>
>>27604848
2/10 I responded
>>
>>27603919
That's a good one. Modern cars have far more features and shit that can break. Who cares if the engine lasts another 10,000k thanks to slightly improved material science when there are 100 gizmos that all rely on each other working that didn't exist before. I'll stick with my early 00s car that doesn't have that shit, thanks.
>>
>>27604792
Capitalism was abandoned back in the 60s/70s when governments instituted fiat currency and gained complete control over the value of money.
>>
>>27604848
No fucking way you are this naive
>>
>>27603909
You want my old Bonneville?
It needs work.
>>
>>27603890
I'd guess this is mostly because car prices went full retard and never really came back down thanks to inflation making money worthless. When I was a teen, cheap used japanese cars were available and most of the kids I knew had one. Didn't hurt that furiousfags franchise made the cars cool.
>>
>>27604272
Why did the best looking camaro have to suffer with the worst time to be a car?
>>
>>27604947
Sure, I just do not have any means to pick it up, though. Do you know what mechanical work is needed?
>>
>>27604002
Speak for yourself, I am a zoomer and grew up idolizing American muscle and I bought myself an American muscle car from the 60s as my first car. Not some jap crap.
>>
>>27604995
Engine is shot, transmission lacks 2nd gear (was a 3 spd automatic) ac wasnt working. I forget if anything else. Its in the Oregon outback.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.