[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

sisters.... not this.....
>>
Not this reddit tinfoil hat shit again
>>
>>27606148
old news.
>>
>>27606150
k
enjoy when your car reports you to the gestapo for thoughtcrime
>>
>>27606150
is it fake?
>>
File: ioykhbtra.jpg (742 KB, 1869x1868)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
>buying post 2010 cars
ngmi
>>
>>27606207
99% chance it's fake. There's no reason you can't let a passenger sync up their phone to play music; there's no assumption that a synced phone must be the driver. And heck, theoretically people in families might even use each others' phones at times, you can't 100% tie a phone to a single person every time.
>>27606210
Agreed, for many other reasons.
>>
>>27606148
Sounds like his attempt to defraud his insurance provider went awry. Justice served imo, frausters impact all of our rates.
>>
>>27606207
No, it is real. GM, Toyota/Lexus, Subaru, Honda/Acura, and Hyundai/Kia are confirmed to send the data to the insurance companies. I am sure there are other carmakers doing this, but not confirmed yet.
>>27606221
cope
>>
File: 5430965906342.png (263 KB, 754x505)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>27606222
lmao
>>
>>27606222
Yeah they tried to put their uninsurable son's truck on their insurance and got caught.
>>
>>27606242
>cope
What? I know full-well they share info with insurance and data brokers, but there's no way they assumed that a synced phone meant another driver. Passengers do this to play music all the time.
>>
So my device is named "SM-Galaxy NiggersTungManus". Can I just tell my dad's insurance that his truck was stolen for a day?
>>
>>27606222
Not mine. I don't pay jew insurance.
>>
>>27606304
I wonder if it can also detect if other phones are in the car. Just because BT "pairs" doesn't mean it isn't talking to every thing in range.
>>
>>27606221
Of course it's completely fake. Otherwise the guy posting it would have sued his insurance company so hard him and his offspring and his offspring's offspring would be set for life. Makers can send driving info to insurance companies, but insurance companies simply cannot target you directly for any information they provide. If they do then congrats, you've been gifted a winning lottery ticket.
>>
>>27606526
>just sue globohomo megacorp when you’re a poorfag slave to shekelberg
Most people can barely afford food.
>>
>>27606526
>bro just sue the megacorp that has a $500m/y legal team
Even if you win they'll make sure you're bankrupted by fees
>>
File: 1499391058829.png (172 KB, 500x475)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>27606158
neat because ive got a 23 gr corolla and ive done 150mph on the interstate and threw it around corners at speeds that would probably get me prison time and my insurance is still 40$ a month. the only thing i can realistically see happening is toyota denying warranty coverage for that sort of driving
>>
>>27606536
k
>>
>>27606151
Subscription services suck, but there is literally no reason for anyone to have remote start. It's not even a luxury, it's just pointless.
>but I need the car to be warm before I get in.
You need a tampon for your ass because you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>27607478
ok but imagine having to wait for your car to get to low idle when you could have just started it remotely
>>
>>27607478
this and fuck power windows too
why do I have to start my car just to roll the windows down?
>>
>>27606536
>"the only thing i can realistically see happening is toyota denying warranty coverage for that sort of driving"
>sell a sports car
>advertise it as a corner eater and nimble pocket rocket
>deny warranty because the customer drove it like one
How is that realistic
>>
>>27607478
I'm guessing you either have a garage or don't get harsh winters. I can't drive on some mornings until my car warms up because the windows continually fog up. Aside from that, I want the comfort of a warm car right away.

>>27607496
You don't have to start the engine, only turn the switch to on position.
>>
>>27606532
Any decent law firm would take on that case for free, because it's a guaranteed win so they are guaranteed their 10% cut of 50 million.
>>
>>27606207
I work for insurance, that's 100% fake. Insurance captures driving habits/hard brakes/phone usage to assess a driver's risk profile to assess a proper premium. They don't/can't do what this bullshit is implying.

Also
>next day
Pfft yeah fucking right.
>>
>>27607965
What if i rip all your botnet garbage out of my car what then jew?
>>
>>27606207
Of course it's fake, they can't just assume a person is driving a car because their phone is connected
Sometimes when my dad and I are driving down the same road in different cars, his phone will pair to my car and start playing winga dinga music
>>
File: 1687870722438097.png (61 KB, 310x267)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>27607521
Nissan once sold a """""supercar""""" and voided its warranty if you ever used launch control
>>
if you arent driving a race car you dobt deserve privacy
>>
I am content and happy.
I will also be happy to join a movement against our overlords if it ever happens.
stay safe out there.
>>
>>27607965
>They don't/can't do what this bullshit is implying.

I wonder if it's possible that OP had some kind of insurance tracking device in his car and just forgot about it. So many people automatically sign up for that for a cheaper rate and then just forget. Personally I would never do that, and the thought of getting a new car and the manufacturer may hand over the data due to a pre-existing business deal is concerning.
>>
>>27606242
They don't send it directly to insurance companies. They sell it as packaged info and LexisNexis buys it up and then these insurance companies snoop on you through those databases.

If you're not disabling the modem/cutting the antenna on these new cars you're a chump
>>
>>27607965
>hard brakes
If some kid/dog/zoomerfaggot on a scooter runs across the street and i jump on the break does that raise the price of my insurance? Or if some tard tries to overtake the rush hour column and i have to again hit the break so he can come back in the lane before slamming into oncomming traffic?
>>
>>27607965
>Insurance captures driving habits/hard brakes/phone usage
Holy shit. What is the world coming to? How the fuck is this allowed
>>
>>27606536
>my insurance is still 40$ a month
(X), also
>40$
$40. So dumb it must hurt.
>>
people lie on a reddit a lot more often than they tell the truth.
>>
>>27608601
your average toyota driver
>>
>>27608519
It’s optional. I added a car to my policy a few months ago and the guy asked if I wanted to add a device to my car for tracking safe driving habits for a lower premium. I said “no I don’t want to bug my own car” and he repeated like three times “well it’s completely optional”.
I have a friend that works for an insurance company that was telling me it’d be a shitty deal anyway. Oh you’re driving with the flow of traffic over the speed limit? Rates go up. Oh you had brake and corner harshly to avoid an accident? Rates go up. Oh some future lawyer tried to carjack you at a red light and you peeled out? Rates go up.
>>
>>27606148
Just unplug the telemetric router. Not hard to do
>>
>>27606210
Based i love my 2012 shitbox its ecu is actually from 2002
>>
>>27606151
kek, I thought ELON was LE BAD :) :) ?
>>27607478
shut the fuck up Sandeep
>>
I owned a sports car, and the insurance company added someone who rented a fucking room from us on the the policy without asking us anything. They just sent us a huge bill and they didnt seem to understand or care what they did or why they did it. I told them that the garage is locked and no one has access. I think this story is real but its not technology, its the fact the kid has access so they added him.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.