[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>go look at new car
>talk chatting with says guy
>he's all smiles and pretending he's my friend
>start off with the car details, then we get to price
>"so what monthly payment are you aiming for?"
>tell him I'm paying in cash
>demeanor does a 360, start acting passive aggressive now
>tries to suggest how it would be better to just put a large down payment and finance the rest
>tell him no again
>gives me a look like I just punched his mother or something
why are they like this?
>>
His boss wants him to lure retards into financing shit they can't afford
>>
>>27606269
Just make sure there is no early payoff penalty and get whatever deals you can get with their in-house financing. Then pay it off immediately. Epic troled.
>>
>>27606273
>His boss wants him to lure retards into financing shit they can't afford
This. He has to make profit for the boss, it's what puts food on the table.
People who finance end up paying way more (obviously) and often get higher-trim models with add-ons. He's just trying to make the most profit off of you, it's capitalism baby.
>>
>>27606269
Because they make more money off the big fat jew loans
>>
>>27606269
>be me
>buying car
>finance at the dealer
>2% apr
>pay $1k deposit/down payment on credit card
>invest the cash in treasuries at 5%

The exact same lender quoted me 7% so the in house was a no brainer. Gotta wait for good deals like that. Some people got literally 0% financing during 2020

>>27606277
This too.
>get good deal cause you use in house financing
>pay it all off the next day (or next month if you don't want to screw them)
>>
>>27606349
Where are you getting 2% in 2024?
>>
>>27606351
Subaru for certain years and models. Ends May 1st. But I'm sure it will come back when they hyper inflate the economy again.
>>
>have terminal illness
>go to doctor
>"So how will you be paying for life-long treatment?"
>tell him I just want the cure and I'm paying cash
>I am immediately imprisoned for antisemitism
>>
>>27606390
So true! I clapped.
>>
>be me, 2018ish
>looking at le ebbin fast Camaro
>go along for the whole sales pitch, be indecisive about payment
>whole song and dance for this percent at that many months
>negotiate a final price
>"ok anon let's run it up to the shekel counters"
>come back a bit later
>"Sorry anon but your credit history is non existent"
>"Oh no, anyways here's a check for 38k"
>dealerbros nearly die of embarrassment
>finger guns out the door
>drive away into sunset
>>
>>27606427
jej.
>>
>>27606390
jej.
>>
This is all good advice.
>>
Car yards aren't car yards.

They are loan companies. That's how they make money. They lend cash then recoup interest on the repayments. The cars are just nominal to the business function.
>>
>>27606476
This, many dealers especially 5+ year old used delaers are just trying to get you with the rapey interest rates. The cars can always be repo'd or insured. There's one place that always has these cringe Facebook posts of how the got a single mom with her black son into a 8 yo dodge caravan for 799 a month.
>>
>be INTP/ mildly autistic/ eternally cynical
>listen to salesman blabber bullshit
>string then along by nodding and seeing where they're going
>enjoy watching them sperg out and use all their slimy tactics when they realise I've never been interested in their shit
>they get mad because they could have spent 20 minutes using their tricks on some gullible NPC
God's work. Waste salemen's time and watch their faces as they see the commission slipping from their fingers
>>
>>27606349
>invest the cash in treasuries at 5%
Lol get a load of this pseud.
>>
>>27606588
>pseud
ok nigger
>>
>>27606269
They want to sell you a loan not a car. Use a loan calculator and you'll see why. A loan is a scam to get people to pay double or more over the entire course of the loan due to accruing interest. Even if you make your payments on time, over the full course of the loan you typically pay double. That goes for home loans as well. Always use a loan calculator.

Best strategy is to get them down to the lowest total price possible. They always try to show you the monthly price but tell them you only care about the total price. Once they give you a low total price, say hmm I might be able to pay that in cash and pay cash. I've even said "my mom can give me a loan for that" walked out made a fake phone call and came back "with the money in my account." Anything to avoid taking out a (((loan))) because they're objectively scams. No one should be selling things no one can afford. Worst case scenario take the loan and pay it off in a couple months, make damn sure the loan terms allow you to pay it off early.
>>
>>27606269
Because they make the big bucks taking advantage of the financially illiterate.

Every employee at a dealership that is not a mechanic (and some of the mechanics as well) are among the lowest scum of this earth and should be approached as such.
>>
>>27606269
>go to no haggle/no commission dealership
>financing approved from bank so from their end I'm walking in with a blank check
>salesman is chill af since there's 0 pressure, doesn't care if I do pulls with the cars
>buy car
>remove dealer plate cover before I leave the lot
Sounds like you were at a scummy BHPH instead of a mid-large size family owned dealership
>>
>>27606454
>>27606459
jej.
>>
>>27606273
This.

I bought a hardly used 2003 Ford Ranger last year, this month on April 6th.

>Bought my first vehicle last year.
>2003 Ford Ranger XLT FlareSide.
>11K.
>88K miles.
>Had brought 11K with me just in case I bought it.
>Drove it for 30 minutes.
>Holy shit, what a smooth ride.
>Pulled back to Laird Noller Ford and started talking to the salesman.
>"I'll take that Green 03 Ranger."
>"Damn, that was quick, ill get the paperwork ready. Are you wanting to do in paym-"
>"Nah. Matter of fact I brought the money with me right here."
>Pulled 11K out of a small suitcase.
>"Bro, with all due respect I don't think walking around with multiple thousands is a great idea..."
>Ignored him.
>Finally got to the finance guy and he repeatedly recommended financing in payments for "better credit."
>"No. I won't waste my time with payments, plus I think credit is fucking stupid. If you cant afford it, dont fucking buy it."
>"All you're trying to do is snag more money out of me and then throw a higher, better model at me because I supposedly signed the wrong paperwork."

They couldn't say shit and just counted my money.
>>
>>27606588
Get a load in your mums gap
>>
>>27606557
>Waste salemen's time and watch their faces as they see the commission slipping from their fingers
Literally feels better than sex when you do that. Why is it so much fun torturing saleswagies?
>>
>>27607328
this desu, i had the same experience
if you walk into the dealership knowing what car you want to buy, the average selling price of that car in good condition, and the ability to estimate the cost of necessary repairs to the vehicle (if any), then the vast majority of salesmen will basically let you dictate the terms of the deal and get their manager to sign off on it (and maybe try to sell you on a warranty after the fact)
>>
>>27606476
usually they dont actually collect interest payments themselves but they sell the debt to be packaged into asset backed securities which are sold to wall street and used as collateral and whatever else
>>
>>27606427
jej
>>
>>27606269
they dont sell cars, they sell loans
>>
>>27606277
>early payoff penalty
i can't believe how jewish this phrase alone is, holy shit
>>
>>27606285
This. They get a kickback from the finance company for every loan they send their way. If you pay cash they get nothing more than the sale price, less their own operating costs and time. Best bet is to REALLY jew them down on price and when you're getting paperwork signed you tell them you're paying cash. Don't give them any chance to wiggle out of it.
>>
>>27606269
Nigga get a bill of sale
>>
They want you to put down a down payment and finance and then steal the down payment from you by adding fees equal to the down payment amount.
>>
File: Lel.jpg (29 KB, 399x385)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>27607963

It's like if a product was advertised with a discount if you pay cash instead of card, you pay with cash, and they still charge you the card price anyway.
>>
>>27608264

That's when the salesman shits in your gas tank.
>>
>>27608832
>works a shitload of overtime
>has coworkers who are retarded with money
>buys a truck

So obviously he has some type of unskilled, manual labor job. And he was too stupid to realize his coworkers are in massive debt and on drugs.
>>
>>27607525
maybe they were just having a laugh at the massive fucking retard who walked in and paid $11k for a fucking old as shit rebadged mazda mini truck lmao
>>
>>27608849
only dodge could come up with a truck as retarded as the RAM WARLOCK, and actually manage to sell the thing into negative equity lmao
>>
>>27608853
All of those are objectively good things though compared to bloated nutrucks
>>
File: 1608163940695.jpg (32 KB, 750x673)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>27606269
i also experienced this, i had to contain my laughter in my head because i also assumed the salesman probably came in on his day off too to make the sale (i called in friday afternoon asking if i could do a test drive saturday morning)
>>
>>27607525
>2003 ford ranger
>smooth ride
not sure if cool story bro, or you've just never ridden in something with an actual smooth ride
>>
>>27608878
>bloated nutrucks exist
>i will now pay double for some old piece of shit that they made 1 million of
>>
>>27606269

I've never understood the mindset of, "I'm going to make less money on this deal then I originally thought so I'm going to turn into a complete asshole and guarantee this person will never give me their business again." Seems extremely Jewish to me.

Like if they were originally going to buy a $100k car and then switch to a $10k car, I can understand being frustrated. Or if the customer is buying the cheapest car on the lot while also taking up far more time than a normal transaction, sure. But internalize that shit. Being a dick doesn't help anything.
>>
>>27607551
for me its the schadenfrued
>>
>>27608898
Most of them are probably working backwards in their mind from their best month commission, rather than working up from $0, if that makes sense. So every lost potential dollar is a setback. The personality that does well in sales is an extrovert "people person". This personality type also has low time preference and poor impulse control. So as soon as you "wrong" them by taking away a dollar, you are now le mean baddie and they feel justified in throwing a tantrum
>>
>>27606269
Banks give an origination fee to the dealership because your debt to the bank is an asset on a bank's sheets. They make more money when you finance, and there's usually a playoff lock out for 90 days because you pay the most interest in the first 3 months.

This is why shit dealers have "financed prices which are lower than their normal price. In the end, the house always wins.
>>
>>27608264
>Don't give them any chance to wiggle out of it.
what would they do if you told them earlier that you want to pay cash?
>>
I miss LPG and his tales of idiots taking out loans with insane interest rates
>>
>>27609637
Probably not give you as good a deal. You go in never paying sticker price, work them down as low as you can go because they think they're still going to make a little bit extra by steering you to their finance company. Then you hit em at the last minute with a briefcase full of money after they've agreed to a lower price.
>>27608846
That's when the salesman is found stuffed in the truck of their demo car with his throat slit.
>>
>>27609815
Thanks anon. I'm still confused about one thing, though:

>>27608846
>That's when the salesman shits in your gas tank.
>>27609815
>Then you hit em at the last minute with a briefcase full of money after they've agreed to a lower price.
>>27609815
>That's when the salesman is found stuffed in the truck of their demo car with his throat slit.

Trying to piece together what happened, and imagine the news headline O_o
>>
>>27606269
If OP was smart xir would get the best price by financing then pay off the loan next day. Dealer never knows it and that's that.

Be devious, be smart, save money.
>>
File: 1gr-fe.jpg (242 KB, 1700x1050)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>27609852
I got a great deal on a 2023 4Runner with low mileage and zero rust. Salesman tries to play hardball but I tell him I'm in the market for a compact car for my daughter (I don't have any kids) and that we can talk about maybe a Camry or something safe after this deal is wrapped up. Also tell him I've got an older Tundra that's a bit long in the tooth and I'm thinking of trading it in or selling it to buy a new Tundra, I need it to tow my RV (I have no RV, in fact I don't even have a Tundra).
He gives me a great deal just a bit below normal market price (which is the best you can expect). We go to his office and he assumes I need to finance, being a family man with multiple vehicles (again, all lies). I tell him I'll be paying in full today, in cash. His face drops - he's just given me a car with a razor thin margin and now he doesn't get a kickback from Moishe & Shekelstein Financiers LLC either.
He has no choice; the law is clear, we have a verbal contract and then a written one some tense 20 minutes later.
I go to pick up my vehicle a few days later, as they're detailing it for me. I start the engine and it sounds great - the roar of the 1GR-FE rattles the windows of the dealership. As I drive home I notice an odd sulfur smell. I get home and feed my fibrescope into the filler neck for the gas tank and see a BIG LOG floating in the tank; somehow the salesman has shat in my car's gas tank.

The rest is quite simple: I drive to the dealership early the next morning and wait for him to show up and unlock the place. I ambush him and force him inside at knife point. I make him get in the trunk of a Camry, then stab him in the neck like in Goodfellas. Close the trunk lid, flush the keys in the toilet, and wait for the fun to unfold. It's a few days before the smell is noticed and they open the trunk with a pry bar to find Xiang Quandiu dead in the Camry.
Meanwhile my 4Runner works flawlessly because the 1GR-FE is invincible, as everyone knows.
>>
>>27609920
>pic
The plastic cover looks like it should've been a V8 but turned out two cylinders short.
>>
>>27610261
>FJ should've had a V8

yes, you are correct.
>>
>>27606269
other way here
bought a car yesterday, this is how it went
*dealer calls me*
>we got an issue here, turns out my coworker had been dealing with another potential customer and now there are two of you fighting over the same car, he just need to get financing in order...
but i have the money and ready to transfer it right now?
>...ok then i just tell him you where first and i mail you the contract and payment info!
thanks
>>
>>27610261
>should've been a V8
That is, I think, Toyota's new slogan.
>>
Can we all just acknowledge how big of a scam most options are on new cars?
You pay $2,000 for a wheel package, but you're also still paying for the stock wheels and not getting them.
>>
>>27606269
last time i bought a car the finance manager and the sales wagie both asked me if i wanted an extended warranty. i said no thanks i don't see the value in it, they asked me like 2 or 3 more times. it was a $16k certified pre-owned car with 40k miles.
>>
>>27611221
Not new, really.
>>
>>27606269
Because they are kikes who want to sell loans and grab interests on your back. Kikes live off your sweat. Full payment means zero interest.
>>
>>27608849
>So obviously he has some type of unskilled, manual labor job.
This happens at all income levels. Techbros and doctors have the same irresponsible spending, but it's usually on a side business, boat, or airplane.
>>
>>27608853
>rebadged mazda
Ford stopped selling trucks made by Mazda in 1982. They reversed their deal and Mazda was selling rebadged Rangers in North America.
>>
You can often negotiate a better deal if you take their in house financing. You're under no obligation to keep that financing, just shop around after the deal is done and refinance like a month later after all the DMV paperwork goes through.

Thats how I got my last car, beat them down on the price,let them give me an 8% APR and then immediately refinanced for 4% from the lowest APR auto lender I could find. I didnt even make a single payment to the lender the dealer gave me.

Its so much easier dealing with these people when you just go along with their BS, you'll get the car for a cheaper overall price, and then refinance and avoid all that interest they wanted a piece of. People that demand to pay cash are fucking stupid, you will never get a better deal than a person that accepts a finance deal and then pays it off immediately. Cash is NOT king at the dealership, financing is. you can use it as a weapon too, not just them. Dont tell them you're going to pay it off either. Just go with the flow.
>>
>>27608898
he probably thinks that if he shows you that you've offended him you'll refrain from doing that in the future even if it hurts you
>>
>>27608898
There are tens of thousands of people in the market and if you drag shit out trying to play games then I'll launch you. Take your old ass millennial "internalize" bullshit and shove it back up your ass, because I'm here to move cars and the more I sell, the more surveys I get paid on. You don't buy a car, you can't fuck me on a survey.
>>
>>27611727
>nooooo a chevy is a rebadged gmc, not the other way around!!!!
autism, and not the good kind
>>
That's weird. People around here like to be paid cash. I got my last car cash and I was able to get it 2k below market price.
>>
>>27606269
dealers get kickbacks from banks if they get financing through that bank. There is a motorcycle dealer near me that tacks on $500 if you pay in cash. They announce it and advertise it so its not like a BS hidden fee.
>>
>>27612416
who the fuck finances a motorcycle?
>>
>>27608886
17 mpg from such a lightweight/small truck... how did they manage that, kek
>>
>>27612417
ooh everybody look at mr bigshot, we better call Warren Buffet and tell him to watch his back

get a grip, you cunt
>>
>>27612417
bruh, you arent suppose to spend your own cash on depreciating asset.
>>
>>27612436
>>27612442
this is why you're poor. how much credit card debt do you retarded niggers have?
>>
>>27612424
midsize trucks have always sucked cock. Up until tacoma madness started they were always the extreme poorfag option ie. mexican landscapers. Somehow they convinced the populace a small useless vehicle that gets just as shit mpg as the fullsize useful vehicle is BADASS and worth $60k
>>
>>27612966
People eat up Tacomas in part because they're ergonomic enough to daily drive, which didn't used to be an issue for half-tons either but now every truck is ballooned in size.
>>
>>27612983
Just think of the most insufferable cocksucker you know, theres a high probability they drive a tacoma or jeep. Both lifestyle vehicles for IT workers
>>
File: UZS131.jpg (142 KB, 1274x638)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>27611374
they used to
>>
>>27607525
None of this ever happened. Did everyone else clap too after you owned him epic style?
>>
Would it ever make sense to "tip" a salesman to get a better deal?

Like if the car is $50k cash, but I offer $45k and a personal $500 cash-in-envelope under the table to the salesman. Would it work?
>>
>>27606269
When I called him I told him right off the bat I was paying in cash. I was also special ordering my truck so I didn't care how long it took for it to arrive. I did have to go through six dealers before the seventh one would let me just submit my order. The first six claimed toyota didn't do special orders, the last one just wanted the configurator PDF and would place it on their restock order. Four months later my truck arrived exactly how I configured it.
>>
>>27613212
Yeah, but that's like three or how many decades old car?
>>
>>27613542
ergo, they used to
>>
>>27606269
Sad to see that these threads are one of the more popular on /o/...
Which means most anons here bought their car new and are likewise wrenchlets
>>
dealerships get cuts of financing plans
cash sales are minimal profit, sometimes no profit
cash sale means the salesman gets a really shitty commission
honestly car sales is the biggest non-job on the planet so I couldn't give two shits
>>
>>27612501
This is why you're poor, you don't know how to actually take advantage of credit, you only know how to get fucked by it.
>>
File: 1710525710056053.jpg (286 KB, 1550x1174)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>27613999
>>
>>27613311
Lol no, the faggot gets more than $500 for unloading that piece of shit on you with a fat dirty loan, and won't risk his cushy job manipulating retards and feeble-minded old people by accepting a pittance under the table like that.
>>
>>27613999
Are you jewish?
>>
>>27614012
You're confused, I want you to be financially literate enough to avoid having to pick payot hairs from your sphincter.
>>
>>27614024
Are you jewish? Answer the question
>>
>>27614030
Less Jew in me than you, must've been deposited in there by the last salesman you met.
>>
>>27614034
You won't answer the question rabbi. It's passover maybe you shouldn't be using a computer.
>>
>>27614034
>oy vey
People are poor because you and your kind have been working for centuries to keep us oppressed and in your power, not because we aren't as fully and completely enmeshed in your credit system as you would like.
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (11 KB, 895x503)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>27614040
>>27614041
>I beat judaism by being financially illiterate
>>
>>27614045
Shut up you fucking jew. You will see the inside of an oven real soon. The world is sick of your shit.
>>
>>27614045
Oh shut up, retard. Your basic, elementary level advice is shit everybody already knows. It's your insufferably enormous, retarded ego that is pissing us off.
>>
>>27614048
>>27614050
>t. circumcised "men"
>>
>>27614053
Uncut and unvaxxed

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.