[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0218.jpg (162 KB, 1280x703)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>storage unit break in
>lost thousands in NOS/NLA parts I had planned as mods for my car
>stole two toolboxes worth of tools as well
>recently had a mental breakdown a crashed my car in the process
br/o/s it is over. I don't have the motivation to rebuild my car (again) and I don't even have my tools or the space to work (renting an apartment)
Hitting my 30s and I'm seriously considering hanging up my manhood and teenage dreams/aspirations and buying a soulless econobox just to get me to and from work. Manuals are basically non existent nowadays; is this what growing up/maturing feels like?
>>
File: hannahbarron5.jpg (252 KB, 1440x1800)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>27608065
File a claim through your tenant's insurance policy, they all cover theft of personal belongings.
>>
>>27608065
Nah I'm 42 and I still have high school dreams, you never grow up, just what you think is retarded changes
>>
>>27608079
I lost my police report in the breakdown dunno where the slip went just disappeared. Tried to file through the insurance and like all useless buearacracy they took their sweet ass time shuffling their feet for weeks just to tell me they won't pay shit without a police report
>>27608087
damn I'm probably just depressed then; it's been a rough last few months but slowly seeing some light at the end of the tunnel
>>
>>27608065
What car/parts? Depending on the car it's surprising they would steal them
>>
>>27608104
You can get another copy of a police report, don't let that be a barrier. Just go to the station and request one, they might charge you for a copy but it'd be like $30-40 usually. If you're out several thousand dollars in tools and parts it'd be stupid not to go get a copy and pursue a claim. You pay for insurance, don't just avoid using it when you have a valid claim.

t. insurance adjuster
>>
>>27608104
Yeah because police let the customer keep their only copy
>>
Buy a motorcycle and drive faster than you ever thought possible, or go off road where nobody can bother you any more.
These are the two final /o/ solutions to traffic and life's problems.
>>
>>27608115
>Buy a motorcycle and drive faster than you ever thought possible
>get motorcycle
>be on highway
>quiet
>nicely paved road
>at night
>drop gear to get high revs
>accelerate through two gears
>feel face peeling off in helmet
do it op, join the baiku gang
See you in >>/dbt/ >>27607957
>>
>>27608109
BMW 335i
CSL trunk, Performance diffuser, downpipes, intakes, turbos. Basically everything to full proof the engine at a respectable hp level but it's basically all gone now
>>27608112
>>27608113
I honestly don't know if it's worth the trouble. From what they state they itemized and lowballed my damages to only come out to $5000 or so by my statement (it was close to $10k worth of stuff). That's all they said they would pay out based on my statement alone
>>27608115
Seriously considering getting a truck honestly; wanting to go to the river/lake with kayaks and jet skis/boats would be a cakewalk. It was annoying having to bust out the roof rack every time I wanted to go with the car
>>
>>27608119
The roads here are shit, I've always wanted a Ducati but I'm afraid it's not possible or rather more impractical than it normally would be to get a bike
>>
>>27608079
That fish monster looks heavy. Shes pretty and strong to hold it like that
>>
>>27608122
Truck it up brother.
I put a dying '88 silverado utter shitbox truck through 100+ mile round trip camping adventures and it was nice as hell just throwing everything in the bed and driving away from society.
I've camped out of smaller economy cars but the feeling of loading up a trugg is sublime with how little of a fuck you really need to give. Straps and tarps and hard shells exist if you really want to not care.
>>
File: hannahbarron4.jpg (364 KB, 1440x1800)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>27608122
Insurance adjuster here.

For a theft claim there's a few criteria you need to meet to maximize your coverage:

1.) Proof of ownership. Supporting documents like receipts, manuals, accessories, carrying cases, photographs, service records, warranty cards, product registrations are all forms of proof that you owned the items you're claiming.
2.) Facts of loss. Is it reasonable that you owned the stuff you're claiming, that it was stored where you claim it was stolen from, and does the loss overall seem realistic?
3.) Police report. This is a statutory condition of any theft claim, you need to provide the report and report # or you get nothing.
4.) Deductible. Your deductible is probably $500 or $1000, sometimes losses are below it. Even $5,000 loss is worth it with a $1,000 deductible.
5.) The "lowballing" is probably their offer to you, absent any proof of ownership or details on the items. If you can't prove specifics, they might give you the benefit of the doubt that you owned an item but they'll only pay average pricing, not high end pricing, without proof (i.e. you'll get paid for a Ryobi instead of a SnapOn).
6.) This one is the most important: your claimed amount has to be based in reality, it can't just be "I FEEL LIKE MY STUFF WAS WORTH WAY MORE". Take time and literally add up the real world, current day replacement cost. If you're both working from the same sources like Home Depot or Vatozone it shouldn't work out to that much of a difference in pricing.

I hate seeing niggers get away with crime but I'm happy when I can help someone who's been fucked over by their niggerdom. The claim is a bit of work to process but if you really enjoy wrenching and dislike nigger behavior as much as I do you'll go ahead with the claim.
It's up to you bro.
>>
File: IMG_20171124_123616.jpg (1.98 MB, 3264x1836)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
>>27608104
Sounds like a time for religion. At some point you cant live for materialistic reasons and you have to look past earthly stuff and change your life for heavenly reasons.

Or you could be a depressed middle age drone in increasingly oppressive and demoralizing society with nothing to look forward to other than temporary satisfaction of entertainment, sleep and food
>>
>>27608142
I appreciate the attempt to motivate but I've just chocked it up to a loss at this points. It's been a few months since the break-in and no idea still how they even did it (lock was still on the unit) but considering I'm heavily invested with good returns and a comfy and boring 6-figure job, running around for weeks jumping through everyone's hoops for a measly $5k payout sounds worse than getting teeth pulled
>>27608145
Ehh I've been going back to church and reconnecting with my Christian roots for quite a few months at this point. Lost a lot of things/money this year; my car was basically the last material thing I "cherished" (obsessed). I'm just going through it really; every day/week is just another exercise in reshaping/refocusing what's really important to me/what I should be prioritizing in the grand scheme of things. I'm realizing I'm not getting any younger but also need to give myself tangible enough goals to feel like getting out of bed in the morning is worth it
>>
>>27608164
If it's a padlock they could've just shimmed it, I learned to do that when I was 13. Lots of people actually know how to pick basic locks too, and you can get auto picks for less than $100.
>>
>>27608164
The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy. Gotta pray and meditate on recovery. One time my car was rear ended and I didn't worry about it. When I took it into the insurance inspector, he cut me a check for more than I paid for the car within the hour. Didnt have to argue or anything. Sometimes Faith can resolve physical issues far more effectively than arguing, reasoning, researching and filing paperwork.
>>
>>27608193
It's also beneficial to store up treasures in heaven where their does not steal and moth cannot destroy. While I still exist on this earth I suppose I now know firsthand how that feels and am trying to maybe reconcile how I should live going forward. Either way, a big rock got flung up at my windshield on the way back from worth this week and left a nice quart size shatter and I didn't even care. If my car was in perfect condition and not smashed I would have been fuming but I honestly surprised myself at how apathetic I was to the situation. Either way that's a nice story; I'm happy He pulls through for you, I know He does for me when I need Him
>>
Buy a house in the middle of nowhere in the midwest. If you can put together a couple thousand for parts for your toy you can put together a down payment as a first time homebuyer on a cheap ass house.
If I was single and living in an apartment right now I'd be so suicidal lol.
>>
>>27608206
Stuff has its importance, but this is the time to ask if your heart was set on stuff or on god. Or if you have anything in your life that's giving the devil opportunity to steal/damage. Anyways he has to repay 7X depending on the circumstances.
>>
>>27608214
I gotta go where the money/jobs are man
I'm not about to buy a $100k out in the middle of no where that won't have jobs in my field or with any reasonable commute or guarantee of any compensation about $50k
your solution sounds more kms-worthy than my situation hands down
>>
File: photo0_081639.jpg (767 KB, 1944x1458)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>27608261
Come on live the dream. This could be yours. Except the place was looted and the cars are ded & gone now
>>
>>27608266
>sagebrush and snow
Washington vibrations.
>>
>>27608164
you're being a faggot. anon is going out of his way to help you out and give you a roadmap, and all you want to do is cry.
>>
>>27608282
it's very hard for me to care about $5k when I make that in 2 weeks and my portfolio swings tens of thousands in the span of a day. Maybe I'm crying or venting frustration a little but ultimately it's still my decision and I've decided it's not worth the hassle/my time
>>
>>27608285
if you make so much money why do you live in a shitty apartment
>>
>>27608287
locked in a lease and the bulk of my net worth is tied to my portfolio which I'm trying not to touch at the moment
>>
>>27608274
N.E Nevada the property was over 1 acre & cost like $150/ mo for 5 years or $3k cash. Anyways my bros abandoned it 5 years ago if any poorfags are reading, its a place to park the shitbox and call home
>>
>is this what growing up/maturing feels like?
Maturing is doing what makese you happy regardless of what others think.
Also an econobox for commuting is always a good idea, I've always had two cars.
You're just bummed out cause shit is rough right now, you'll bounce back.
>>
How did someone know to target the one storage unit that has valuable and fungible things in it instead of old books or fishing poles? Sounds like an inside job.
>>
>>27608065
wrote off two cars almost went to jail for running and speeding same bro shit happens i moved on got a new car started from scratch new garage new house new life it happens and im 33
>>
oh then the car i spent 12000k on hit a roo and got totalled still driving it with no rego fuck normies fk fucking niggers fuck police and fuck yeah cunt
>>
>>27608739
Usually storage units are just similar to fishing net cages. OPs darker skinned neighbour saw those and tipped his similar colored pal to finish the job
>>
>>27608285
so you cant even bother doing a basic inventory check of your items and contact the insurance company but try to convince anyone you were going to actually use those mods on your car? lol get a grip
>>
>jesus freaks
You have to go back.
>>
File: 1219181059_035040.jpg (1.12 MB, 2560x1920)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>27608065
My brothers rented 3 storage units and filled them with literal garbage. They spent thousands on rent and thousands to move it once they bought the place. I told them 100X that they could save up money and buy nice stuff if they didn't hold on to literal garbage. The one didn't learn his lesson either. Years later, he started taking home trash from his work and rented a storage unit for it, then he rented a U-Haul trailer when he quit.
>>
>>27608145
OP isn't a pedophile so religion won't work for them.
>>
File: 1920x1280[1].jpg (438 KB, 1920x1280)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>27608838
>Usually storage units are just similar to fishing net cages.
I have never been to a storage unit where you can see inside. 100% of them look like this and I'm pretty sure they are required to be like this by law or by insurance companies. You are probably the guy who stole OP's shit.
>>
>>27608919
The FBI has actually started targeting storage unit companies that make it too hard to tell who owns them/what they're being used for. They raided a company that allows you to anonymously use their storage units (cash payment, no ID, etc) and took literally everything, photographed and documented it all, and held it until individuals claimed it just to see who owned everything because they didn't like the idea of people being able to store stuff in secret.
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (60 KB, 2000x1000)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>27608850
cry about it
>>
>>27608065
What did your insurance company pay out for the theft?

You should not bother building cars if you don't own or rent a home with garage or shop first. Apartments are jails not homes. One reason I moved away from where I grew up is renting shop space is pointless because having to travel means vastly less time to get shit done plus the drain of paying to store shit which is easily burgled.
>>
>>27608285
Anon. You came here and expended the energy to make a post about your possibly real, at this point likely made up scenario.

You claim to make good money, but also want to be frugal and save money, as you are locked into a lease. You then go on to say that your fluid porfolio swings, but a a tangible 5K in claims (minimum) is not worth your time.

In your defense you did say you are just venting, but that is hella gay and soft. Harden the fuck up.

>>27609055
Glowies gonna glow. Its like when they overtly stole safety deposit boxes. That said, normies gonna normie. If you want something stored right, store it yourself.
>>
>>27608854
hating Jesus is rather Semitic of you anon
>>
>>27608266
lel if that acre was just over the idaho line it would be
>$100K NO LOWBALLERS NO TIRE KICKERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT
>>
File: original.jpg (59 KB, 720x405)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>27608065
Seek vengeance for the crimes committed against you, it's your only hope.
>>
>>27609070
why would I? OP cries more than enough so I dont need to
>>
>>27609119
Wasn't Jesus himself semitic?
>>
>>27609144
considering all the shit that's happened to me over the last few months I think I'm holding together pretty fine? I never posted for sympathy, although it's nice seeing people chiming in and saying they went through similar rough patches. You're right though, I should've just bottled everything up until my inevitable suicide. Be a man; blow your brains out™
>>27609157
Irrelevant but no; multiple instances in his lineage where he had non-Jewish ancestors. Jesus was only religiously Jewish but not ethnically. The title "King of the Jews" was His part of His ultimate dunk on the religious leaders before His death
>>
>>27608164
With that much money just buy cheap shitboxes and stack money for retirement since retirement is at least a third of your life if you do it right.
>>
File: ainon-varasto-1.jpg (124 KB, 1024x576)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>27608919
Our nation have like this. My neighbour does not even lock it.
>>
>>27609157
The (((Semites))) hated him then and hate him now
>>
>>27608285
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>27609442
What kind of third world hell hole do you live in that you would pay a stranger to keep your possessions behind chicken wire and flimsy 1x4s? You'd be better iff burying your valuables in the woods.
>>
File: IMG_6461.jpg (2.2 MB, 2984x2367)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
It’s time to take the moto-pill
>>
>>27608122
>i can't be fucked to spend 20 minutes to get $5k
holy shit anon how much is your time worth
>>
>>27609417
it's essentially what I've been doing since I moved out last year except my car is still drivable, just looks smashed; I intend to drive it that way until I get a truck. Losing my job 2 months into my lease didn't help much though so now I'm just hustling to pay off the credit card debt I racked up in between jobs. I should be in the clear with a solid savings account again by the end of the year and hopefully put apartment life behind me mid-2025
>>
>>27609470
>20 minutes of work
It's a multi-day endeavor considering I have to go to the police station to procure a report; then I have to dig up receipts (that don't exist since a lot of stuff was private/online sales). I don't have a printer to even print out email receipts, etc
not worth the hassle
>>
>>27609273
>I should've just bottled everything up until my inevitable suicide. Be a man; blow your brains out™
glad we agree. In all seriousness though, I hope you're actually doing good. Just dont deflect all the help anons have been giving here. Just get to file that report and get your insurance money, thats why you pay them in the first place
>>
>>27609482
Holy goddamned shit you are fucking pathetic
>>
>>27608288
lol so in other words you don't have much in liquidity, you're tied to a market that could crash at any moment

you're not rich i guess
>>
>>27609727
why? because I btfo you and put your disingenuous retardation on blast? get over yourself
>>
>>27609800
I never really claimed to be rich did I? I said nearly the entirety of my net worth is basically my portfolio. I'm well aware I have nearly zero in liquid
also
>holding liquid assets
>in biden's America
>>
>>27609851
Well you kind of did when you scoffed at the idea of filing a claim for "only" 5 grand.
>>
File: 1704316963601676.jpg (173 KB, 655x480)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
OP has turned down literally every piece of advice offered. Claims thousands of dollars isn't worth his time, but actively lives on a lease like a wagie. He made a thread to cry about random ass tools and then discards the idea of getting the shit he is crying about back in terms of a claim for insurance he's already fucking paying for. This thread is either a troll or OP is pissing himself level retarded, but he deserves no other help about any of this shit anymore and I hope someone breaks into his apartment and finishes the job stealing everything else.
>>
>>27609464
High trust society, chicken wire is enough
>>
that's why I put everything into totes, zip-tied with QR codes that I take pictures of before I lock my unit up. Got my shit stolen twice and got a check from uhaul twice when my insurer went after them for letting black people into the building

it ain't easy but I bought all my shit back within a month and because I tagged each individual item, I did get some of it back much later
>>
>>27608065
no, its not what maturing and growing feels like.
what you're feeling is the world, the society, the nation you grew up in crumbling and turning to rubble aroun you. it is the collapse of North America. it is the societal destruction of our nations at the hands of monsters, thieves, anarchists, sociopaths and psychopaths who were plced into power by the hands of those with money, power, influence and access. they wish for us to live in cages two sizes too small for us, live on excrements and insects and drinking on piss, vinegar and sewage.
>>
>>27609273
Why do you even have insurance if you're not going to file a claim? Even doing it the low effort way of settling for the $5k value listed on the police report will get you $5k more than you have right now. Spend the money on car parts, a rusty shitbox, drugs, hookers, whatever.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.