[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1707569262700026.jpg (92 KB, 950x566)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
I have autism and want to get pic related as my first and only car. I know it's a bad choice, but I like it. Send help.
>>
first time seeing a car with only 3 lugnuts per wheel
>>
>>27642929
I always liked them too. They’re slow as hell, but if they tuned the chassis and the dynamics it is the pinnacle of slow car driven fast.
>>
>>27642929
What even is it?
Something French, I assume.
Maybe English.
>>
Teeny tiny toy car, fine if you can fit your whole life into a backpack.
I know people that could probably live in one but I do know a lot of Eastern Europeans.
>>
File: car_photo_19752.jpg (88 KB, 845x475)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>27643020
Smart Roadster thgingy so Swiss? via Germany.
>>
>>27642929
if only they didn't have the worst semi automated manual transmission ever made
>>
>>27642929
If it weren't for those fucking headlights I would like this car.
>>
>>27643020
it is a smart roadster, made by Mercedes
>>
>>27642929
i'm looking for one too. they were dirt cheap few year ago (like 1500€), but now you can rarely see one and with high price tag.
>>
>>27643045
those headlights are dope as fuck
Poor man's TVR Tuscan
>>
>>27643037
And the worst reliability imaginable, I know. I still can't help but desire it.
>>27643107
Yeah, I remember, but back then I was full on neet. Now the asking price for the one in OP is €15k, which is absolutely insane. What's worse is that I'm willing to offer 10k for it. I feel like one of those soldiers that felt the urge to ring the mysterious doorbell hanging on a tree in the middle of an Ukrainian forest.
>>27643109
This anon gets it.
>>
>>27642929
I've seen a youtube video of a 600hp Hayabusa swap Fortwo, I now want to see that in this car
>>
>>27643460
here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23hTbHl6KM
>>
>>27643530
Fix the cigarette lighter.
>>
File: IMG_1851.jpg (661 KB, 1920x1081)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>27642929
Bugati?
>>
>>27643460
Smart actually produced a V6 biturbo version.
>>
>>27642929
Certainly cheap AF for now.
I filtered for location, inspection the more powerful engine, turns out you can buy a slightly tired one for 3-4k and really nice boomer owned cars for 4-6k
Make sure you avoid the less powerful engine variant, the 82hp engine is much more reliable for some reason.
Certainly worth looking into if you consider how crusty a similarly priced MR2 or MX5 would be
>>27643249
>worst reliability
Only on /o/. Smarts are not perfect cars ofc, but you can definitely keep one alive for little money. Remember those claims were made by the same people that think NC MX5 are "boats" and ever E46 has lost it's rear axle 3 times
>>
>>27642929
>as my first and only car
that's the bad part. it would be a horrible first car and a horrible only car. get a cheap hatchback daily, save up some money, and get the roadster as a weekend toy.
patrician taste with the roadster coupe though.
>>
Can you please explain how all of you arrived at the opinion that a Smart is expensive to run? It's a cheap ass subcompact, it sold well and for a long time. There's third party spares and people have worked out the kinks. And yes the roadster is mechanically identical, but unlike the regular models most roadsters are garage kept, well cared for and usually just driven in nice weather, often just on the weekends.
They're even really cheap to insure
I just don't get why this car causes everyone to pretend it's not feasble to just go out and buy a cheap old car >>27644707 and keep driving it with regular maintenance like any other used subcompact. This one just happens to be shaped like a sportscar
>>
>>27644710
I know, but I've had to use a shitty econobox all my neet life, and there's nothing more soul crushing than dailying one.
>>
>>27642929
Be careful that's an NPC choice and you can't come to this world and tiptoe through life. You just can't.
Let yourself be infected by mysticism, exuberance and exclusivity. Breathe, drive and embrace a new day like those beautiful car ads from 90's magazines.
Leave your mark with a Mastretta.
>>
>>27643007
The French did this a few times.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.