[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Subaru-logo.png (102 KB, 500x500)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
When will they drop the AWD gimmick and go FWD like everyone else?
>>
>>27643043
I own a 1.5l GC impreza
>>
Most new cars sold are 4x4 or awd so they're just ahead of the curve, although time will tell if the new engines have fixed the problems of yesteryear
>>
File: 1715277610795.png (529 KB, 1299x1351)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
>>27643043
They have never not sold FWD cars in Japan
>>
>>27643076
i've worked on a newer 2016 outback with an FA engine and it's holding up just fine aside from the typical timing chain cover leak.
210k miles last i checked.
>>
>>27643043
>Fag Wheel Drive
>>
>>27643043
Hopefully never, AWD is the best forever. You should consider kys op.
>>
>>27643043
They are retarded but not that retarded. Nobody wants the FWD version if the AWD is available. They will keep their meme AWD system but that piece of fucking shit engine will go and will likely be replaced by Toyotas 3 banger. Adding a bunch of hybrid bullshit won't help those gas and coolant chugging pieces of shit.
>>
How does Subaru survive as consumer demand transitions to hybrid and EV? Especially EV. You can't really market your "symmetrical AWD" and boxer engine "low center of gravity" nonsense in a world where every competitor EV has that by default
>>
>>27643755
we're talking about subaru, not your little ev bait nigger head canon
>>
>>27643755
Maybe simulating their symmetrical AWD with electric motors so that it feels similar
>>
>>27643893
Knowing them they'll probably hang half the battery pack and the motors over the front axle to simulate that understeer.
>>
>>27643755
>in a world where every competitor EV has that by default
EV cars are literally a joke. You don't need AWD if you're driving EV. You literally will never go off road or far enough to ever need to worry about needing AWD over FWD
>>
>>27643755
Don't they make an EV cuckover?
>>
when your awd system is based on CV axles and the CVs are the weakest link its a hell of a lot better when something breaks to just drop in a new $65 part than have to replace diffs
I dont like subarus but that at least is cool in my book.
>>
>>27644121
They sell one but Toyota made it.
>>
>>27643339
Good to here my ez36 outback still going good with a little extra oil here and there at 315k km
>>27643899
Kek
>>
>>27643043
Awd is the singular reason anyone purchased one to begin with
>>
I thought they were relevant because of a bit of hype but nobody in Japan even respects them, Nissan do 15x their sales...Nissan performance petrol cars in the new world, not sure how it goes.

Enjoy your 6 monthly services lol, my toyota goes forever

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.