[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1535583718803.png (167 KB, 765x772)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
any retarded shit you've done on the road that haunts you?
>ran a stop sign in a neighborhood last year
>almost ran another that i didn't even see because it was unusually far from the absurdly wide ass road
>firetruck sees me about to run the stop sign and honks from the other street at the intersection
>police just a few blocks down on the same road miraculously didn't see me almost run the sign
I've also didn't use blinkers a few times when turning into a business with a car behind me angrily honking. I've also caught myself cruising in the left lane a bit in Texas because "left lane for passing" isn't a thing in my state. i was going 10 mph over he speed limit, but still. i pissed off a toyota 4runner driver who flashed me and gave me the bird for sitting in the left lane.

plz forgive my road sins.
>>
>>27645531
I didn't adjust my mirrors after giving it to a friend so I almost merged into someone.
>>
>>27645531
Doesn’t haunt me but it literally just happened today and it’s kinda funny.

I have a fast ish car but it’s not my beater daily.

Today on my way home from work I decided to floor my daily/beater,because I haven’t in such a long time, than immediately after it starts misfiring and I drive home without one of the cylinders.
>>
>>27645531
>because "left lane for passing" isn't a thing in my state
What state?
>>
I used to be one of those people who would drive on the shoulder to avoid traffic

>pass someone on a double yellow
>this was going to a place with a security checkpoint
>they hopped out of their car and started yelling at me
>I was still a bit drunk from the morning
>started yelling back at them
>turns out it was an off duty cop
>got a reckless citation
>they called me later and said they weren't going to submit it

>got a speeding ticklet
>went to courthouse and paid it off
>got another one not even 24hr later

I don't drive crazy anymore but thinking of all the stupid shit I've done and how fast I used to drive I'm lucky I only got my license suspended once.
>>
>>27645531
I have a memory that haunts me from when I first got my license.

>finish washing my prized classic car, the only reason why I was motivated to get a license in the first place
>decide to air-dry it with a day out
>get in, drive out onto the main stroad of town
>speed up a little bit early because the water droplets weren't streaking off the windshield
>while focusing on getting them to blow off, notice some movement in the corner of my eye
>oh SHIT, someone is running into my lane through the zebra crossing
>he sees me way too late, I see him way too late
>swerve into the next lane over, not even checking to see if there's anyone next to or behind me
>thank god there isn't, immediately slow down to 20 below the speed limit while I immediately panic over what could have happened if I didn't immediately throw the wheel sideways

A few misplaced seconds and I legit would have killed a man. I think about this on a weekly basis if not more. I always check every lightless crosswalk now.
>>
>>27645531
I learned to drive last year (I'm almost 30) but didn't really understand how to merge in busy traffic. I turned on my blinker and went to merge left despite knowing someone was there but seemed far away enough. They were not. However, we did not collide but it was pretty startling. They got into the middle turn lane after that so we were safe. I still feel like an idiot.
Another time around then I didn't yield to a pedestrian (mom and her kid) outside of target and I think they called me an asshole or something. I slowed down and they weren't motioning like they were gonna move so I thought I should move along. Guess I didn't interpret that correctly.
>>
>>27645531
>"left lane for passing" isn't a thing in my state
This is why you simple fucks lost the war and nearly died in a flurries snow event, lol.
Traffic flows the same everywhere. Keeop right execpot to pass always
>>
>used to have lexus isf
>would always drive home via highway late on sunday nights for family reasons
>always wanted to get home fast so I could go to sleep
>passing lane pace cars always in full force
>do the most reckless shit to get past them
>cut them off super aggressively
>undertake in the bus lane
>sit on the top speed limiter between groups of traffic
>the whole trip just getting angrier and angrier
>fly off the highway at 150 standing on the brakes slowing down just enough before the lights
>quick check and drive through every red
>fly through my neighbourhood and into my driveway, holding down the garage door remote so it would be open in time
>press the remote again as I’m rolling in so the door closes behind me in case anyone was following
>sit in the car in the dark heart racing
>end up sitting there for half an hour sometimes

Did that many times, to the point where I would dread the drive home. I have a motorcycle now and even though its way faster, I am so much more chill on it as cars can’t get in my way anymore
>>
few years ago, I bought a sex doll and thought it would be fun to put her in the passenger seat and get some silicone road head while night driving.
A rather petite young looking doll.
didn't get far after nutting before I saw the cop lights. start pulling over and dread flooding in. There is fuck all to do in this town but people love to listen to the scanner for small town gossip. People are going to hear about this, everyone will know and my life will be over.
Then he passes me.
I stay on the shoulder as his lights vanish.
I'm shaking. Didn't sleep that night.
The next morning, I dismembered the doll and disposed of here over the next few days in different dumpsters.
>>
>>27646045
Question for you without judgement, cause you already know my opinion, but I'm always curious if you think you're smarter or better when doing shit like that?
It's the same for people turning left in front of me when the light turns green. I pride myself on watching the other lights and memorizing light patterns, so when someone jumps me, especially if they go BEFORE green, I do feel a little cucked. Like, did you think you were a better smarter driver or what the fuck was going through your head?

I deal with this every day in Philly, niggers drive up the shoulder on 34th with zero care in the world and one day I just wanna swerve into them and ruin their shit, tell the pigs I was breaking down and didn't expect anyone to be driving in the shoulder. Maybe I'll do that when I get my new car, just take someone out with me
>>
>>27645531

Many such cases, but this is probably the worst:

Glowie thread, but this was a long time ago:
>drunk buddy invites me for a night ride
>thinks it's a great idea to reach the top speed of his VW shitbox aircooled Golf in the main strip
>run 3 or 4 red lights

We could have t-boned and literally murdered someone. For some reason I didn't say a thing, though I was fully aware of how stupid and risky that was.

I have caused a few accidents by not allowing double-yellow passers to merge, but they were guilty and deserved their fate.
15 years driving a corporate fleet car with maximum insurance create some road justice warriors out there.

Anons, don't underestimate the insanity of others out in the road, especially on fleet cars. Some of these drivers don't give an absolute fuck about destroying their vehicles or getting involved in accidents.
>>
>>27646106
No.
>>
>>27646125
Yes, if you occupy a passing lane, no one can safely pass, this is true quite literally everywhere.
>>
>>27646117
air cooled golf? wtf was he running
>>
File: 667.jpg (26 KB, 680x670)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>27646030
i'm embarrassed to mention.
>>
>>27645531
>any retarded shit you've done on the road that haunts you?

The other day I was leaving the gas station and I drove over a curb going about 30mph...thank god I drive a panther platform car and my tire/wheel wasn't damaged
>>
So yeah it was raining real hard and we were hoofing it on the 2-lane highway but after a bit the highway changed, 2-lanes became one on each side of the line going opposite ways (aka a regular road) so anyways I passed someone on a long downhill with a super long dashed line allowing passing, due to the rain the yellow line looked more white, and there were no other cars after the initial pass I’m alone hoofing it now going up the hill, still in the on-coming traffic lane because my brain was fried apparently and I forgot the road had changed so I thought I’m in the left lane of a 2-lane highway with white dashed lines when suddenly my wife pipes up “I think that’s enough” ZANG I immediately realize my mistake and get back into the proper lane right before a car comes flying by from over the hill… on the way back home that evening everyone in the car was asleep other than me driving and I kept thinking how fucked we would have been if I had screwed up like that and nobody had been awake to catch me
>>
>>27646155
Why?
>>
>>27646116
I didn't really put any thought into it. I saw other people occasionally doing it so if they're doing it why shouldn't I? Afterall I can get home a bit faster. I would hop back into traffic with the mindset of "they'll either hit me or let me in". I never got hit. I just stopped doing it one day, I saw others doing it and instead of hoping behind them I thought "that's dumb, what if they get a flat or there's a cop" and I've never done it since. I've also tried to slow down a bit, sure speeding is great and all, but you don't really get anywhere quicker and getting into an accident and/or getting a ticket simply isn't worth the few seconds you could save. I'm also to the point now where I don't want to have to deal with extra shit and driving stupid means I may have to deal with extra shit, I can follow the speed limit, maybe go 5-10 over and I can just chill in the right lane and not have to worry about anything extra. I can get home and go back to doing nothing and being left alone which are my favorite things to do.
>>
>>27646114
That poor doll
>>
>>27646114
It wasn't the dolls fault you were raping it
>>
>>27646155
Are you a west coast fag?
>>
I was racing against some other guy on a twisty country road. If I had lost control at those speeds I would have wrapped my car around a tree and be dead. Good thing that some kid didn't run out on the road and get run over.
>>
File: 1634644990161.jpg (30 KB, 480x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I wish I was joking but

>be me
>in a zoom meeting on phone for work
>the meeting is to discuss driving safety of all things
>getting bored mic is muted and camera off
>hop in car to go grab coffee and cruise
>get asked a question in meeting
>fumble with phone and run a red light
>almost hit a guy
>swerve at last second
>at next intersection apologize to other driver
>pull over
>make up excuse for not answering in the zoom call
Some how it all worked out but I feel like an absolute idiot
>>
The other day I pulled up to a turning and for some reason I started pulling out without looking right. I checked my right halfway out onto the road and a van was heading straight towards me. I think "oh shit" and step on the gas to get out the way but then he puts his indicator on to turn into the same road I just came out of. He must've thought I was insane lol.
>>
>>27645531
>Drove home blackout drunk
>Once
Figure I got lucky, and I have no plans to push that luck ever again. By far the dumbest thing I've ever done.
>>
This just happened last week
>coming up to intersection that is two 2-lane roads divided by a median, there's 2 lights in short succession
>doing about 40
>light turns yellow
>gas it
>oh fuck this is a short yellow
>2nd light was already yellow
>just have to commit now
>oh fuck there's a sharp drop off after that 2nd light
I was probably doing 50 at that point and if I had stiffer suspension I probably would have caught air. Serves me right for being dumb in an area I'm not familiar with.
>>
File: 1715389201043956.jpg (41 KB, 639x622)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>"left lane for passing" isn't a thing in my state.
please stay out of the left lane if you are not passing irregardless of law. thank you.
>>
>>27646244
Honestly that makes me feel better to hear
>>
So in Mehiko, it's common practice for cars/trucks traveling slowly to move over to the side, halfway on the shoulder, and use their signal on the OPPOSITE side to signal to drivers behind them that they're "cleared to pass"

It's very common with semi truck drivers.
This is not a thing in the US.

My idiot brained self, trying to get to work one time when I was 17, was driving being a dump truck, traveling VERY SLOW on farm roads, but it was a double yellow, so I couldn't pass. The truck turns his LEFT signal on, and keeps it on for like a solid minute and a half.. I'm wondering, "wtf he doin?" because there's no driveway anywhere here, it's in the middle of nowhere, and it's a double yellow, so I can't pass him anyway.
Then I think back to Meckshicco, and how truckers do it there, so I just assumed he was hispanic and was letting me "pass" because he knew he was going slow.

As soon as the road straightens out, and the double yellow turns into dotted yellow, I gun it. It was safe and there were literally NO OTHER CARS around. At the EXACT SECOND I'm beside him, making a pass, he fucking TURNS LEFT towards a grassy driveway for an empty field, and I SWERVE my handmedown car away, and my left wheels touch the grass. I was lucky the car didn't go into the ditch, it just made a sick drift for a second, but I still shatted my self.

Since then I just keep my distance away and respect truckers when driving, but I still speed, lol, just a little more carefully reading my surroundings.
>>
>>27645531
I'm colour blind and stopped at a green light once. Wouldn't know if I ran a red.
>>
>>27647165
Irregardless is not a word. Please become educated.
thank you.
>>
>>27647414
you can pass a double yellow if the vehicle is a "road hazard" or nuisance, that would be a vehicle going 25mph in a 50 for example, less than 20mph in a 35 etc etc.
>>
>>27645531
i still feel bad about causing someone to get a pulled over by a speed trap
>on my way home
>doing that hypermiling thing where you floor it to 10 over, then coast to 10 under, repeat
>some guy catches up to me, wants to pass me
>i speed up at the same time without even realising what i'm doing
>unsurprisingly, he speeds up even more
>i then see lights behind me
>he gets pulled over
>>27647124
goddamn. years ago i was in a skype conference with the rest of my team and i pulled an all nighter so i kept nodding off at my desk, thank fuck my boss didn't care about cameras lol
anyway, there were a few times during that call where my boss would ask me a question and i'd startle myself awake and just pretend that my mic was stuffed lmao. pretty much went like
>eyelids feel extremely heavy, nod off
>hear some distant voice calling out my name a few times, getting more drawn with each call
>huh, it almost sounds like my boss
>oh shit it IS my boss
>jolt myself awake, fumble for headset and quickly say
>"hello? hello? can you guys hear me?"
>i'm in the clear
>eyelids feel extremely heavy...
>>
>>27646244
I'm glad to hear you learned and changed from your past experiences. I can only hope that other drivers can also change and grow as people (I know they won't, but you give me a little more hope).
>>
>in work truck
>2018 Silverado
>back into a tree while on an assignment
It was the first time I ever drove a pickup.
>>
>>27645531
>hired a cheap VW caddy on Uber carshare because it was the nearest car hire while in the city to collect my cat from the vet.
>it’s got a DSG gearbox, but all of the gear number markings are worn off.
>be driving. *huh, this Diesel sure does rev.*
>turns out it was in manual mode.
>engine light turns on.
>Fuck.
>drive the caddy back and fake a dashboard photo with all the lights on at ignition.

I never heard back from them lol.
>>
File: 1685265608049461.gif (863 KB, 500x372)
863 KB
863 KB GIF
>>27649955
>>
>>27645531
I don’t know why but my mind went blank, like i was in a daydreaming trance, and that made me come to a complete stop in the middle of the road for 5 seconds before a car honked me awake. Luckily the road wasn’t that busy
>>
>>27646116
I drive on the shoulder in traffic and I don't think I'm smarter or better. It is obviously not that clever and also evil. I realize that the shoulder wouldn't be available for me to drive in if everyone did it, so I'm basically taking advantage of the fact that most people are generous and follow the rules in order to cheat and get a leg up on them. It just doesn't make me feel bad to do this. It actually makes me feel good to do it. I don't like other people so I enjoy taking advantage of them.
>>
>>27646059
Sounds like he almost killed himself. Who runs into a lightless crosswalk without looking? What a retard
>>
>>27645531
>driving home during finals, absolutely shot and shouldn't be driving
>try to change lanes and somehow manage to miss the jeep I was merging into
>HOOOONK *swerve*
>pull over at a shop and rethink my retardation for a while
>>
>>27645531
>be me
>live on a hill
>on my way to drive up it to pull into my place, which is right at the peak of the hill before a stop sign
>big ass silverado peers from the corner as I near the top
>herewefuckinggo.gif
>no spot to pull to the side to let the trigger through because parked cars
>he of course keeps going forwards
>cars behind me, can’t backup even if I wanted
>said fuck it because I just got off work and didn’t want to deal with this retarded shit
>drove through the gap made between us to pull into my grassy sanctuary to park
>hear and feel a big ass bump as I’m turning, red colorado is also just parked there
>mind is going full schizo expecting the worst as usual, thought I may have somehow bumped into it or at the very least scraped it
>thank fuck I didn’t and I just ran over a big rock that was there for some reason
I’m fortunate enough to where I don’t have to park on the street, but holy fucking shit I hate other drivers so goddamn much. I don’t even drive a big vehicle either.
>>
I still feel bad about it.

>Friend leaves van with me
>Tells me it’ll fit under 9’
>Be me, failed geometry
>Leaving parking garage, its sloped
>Clearance sign, should fit
>Gets hung up
>Panic and reverse, scrape it again
>Pick friend up
>Start apologizing
>He asks where’s the roof rack

Never knew there was a roof rack. He thought it was hilarious that I just left it in the parking garage.
>>
>Drunk driving in the mountains
>Going up hill, around a corner and fast
>Lose traction
>Slide into the very and of guard rail
>Spits me back into the oncoming lane
I learned my lesson and have only driven drunk one after that and that was years ago. Never again have I done it. Except on my scooter but I'm only a danger to myself then.
>>
>>27650121
The opposite lane stopped to let him go which is why.
>>
>>27646112
>lexus isf
should I buy an ISF? What year was yours?
>>
>>27645531
>take my car in for maintenance
>shop turns off auto headlights and doesn’t set the switch back when they’re done
>my dumb ass picks up the car and proceeds to drive nearly 30 minutes in the dark not realizing the headlights weren’t on
I will say that the DRLs on my car were fairly bright so they illuminated the road decently well regardless.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.