[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710429107402718.jpg (194 KB, 1049x496)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Stop obsessing over gear and go outside
>>
Are you the melty from the Osprey thread
>>
>>2714364
Are you just asking that in multiple threads
>>
File: IMG_20240401_130938.jpg (133 KB, 1055x807)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>2714357
im obsessing over gear and you cant stop me
>picrel
anyone know anything about this logo/brand?
>>
>>2714364
Brugly I've seen you post this in multiple threads now. You're not going to be one of those people are you?
>>
>>2714357
That's such a bullshit premise in the quote.
I would argue with that faggot whoever he is.

>needs to attain
Define "needs". We are born and stuck in this world for 70-90 years and we just do shit to pass time. Nobody "needs" anything. Stop overanalyzing it.
>>
>>2714528
Been a while since I read it but I don't think Uncle Ted was really against surrogate activity as a part of life - just that it should not be your life.
Like, maybe... The difference between rubbing one out and gooning.
Also, in his letters to fans he literally prescribed exercise as something they should pursue.
So my take there is he is more talking about literally competing in bodybuilding vs being strong and capable.
>>
>>2714469
>>2714517
These are the same person.
>>
>>2714357
>professional artist
>tfw getting paid to do what literal hunter-gatherers did as a surrogate activity
Eat shit Ted
>>
>there is no practical motive for building enormous muscles
attracting women, working towards the ultimate goal of finding a wife and procreating. Personal health, being stronger for work/self defense reasons, more confident, hormone and stress relief, I could go on.

>there is no practical motive for hitting a little ball in hole
socialization, going on golf outings with your friends to build a useful friend network, with coworkers you can advance in the business world, stress relief, light exercise

>stamp collecting
ok

Did he not think before writing this? Even the most "empty" hobbies are done at a minimum for fun, which is a valid pursuit and doesn't require any justification
>>
>>2714538
Incorrect
>>
>>2714507
cant find anything online about it so now im interested. are there any other logos?
btw i am assuming its a jacket but i dont know 100%
>>
>>2714559
>Personal health
>stress relief
Yes, everything else is a giant /fit/ cope. If you want to find a wife, learn how to flirt. Would you really want to marry someone who is only attracted to looks?
>>
>>2714626
>if you want to find a wife, learn how to flirt
the ability to flirt doesn't exclude fitness, if anything they work together. It's all about presentation. If you are more physically attractive it will be easier for you to flirt. Sometimes you don't even have to flirt. Being built gives you an advantage over other men in the pool whether you like it or not

>Would you really want to marry someone who is only attracted to looks?
Yes, I do want to marry someone who values their appearance. It is obviously more nuanced than "girl who finds me attractive only values looks". I have no trouble socializing and am confident I'm a relatively interesting person, so I'm not worried about the "personality" part.

But everyone seeks out women that they find attractive, and I want a partner that will at least try to stay active and in shape throughout our lives, so of course at a minimum I should do my part. Relationships are inherently transactional, you can go on about true love or whatever, but even love is built on transactions of caring and emotional support. It is your job to be your best for your wife.
>>
>>2714357
Drop the Ted and pick up Arne Naess.
>>
>>2714626
If you don't have the basic looks, you will not get the chance to engage with 99% of women.
With good looks you suddenly have a few percent more in your pool.
Women are way more shallow than men when it comes to selecting potential mates.
>>
>>2714357
>COLLECTING POSTAGE STAMPS IS DUMB AGGGHHH TIME TO MAKE A BOMB

wow so deep
>>
>>2714357
Ted you were good at complex analysis, not so good at life philosophy. That's what you get for shipping a kid to Harvard at 16.
>>
>>2714528
Complete shit-wit take of the week right here folks, Jesus Christ. Thank you for proving Uncle Ted correct yet again.
>>
>>2714558
See>>2718683
as it also applies to you too
>>
>>2718362
He's right though
Stamps are dumb
>>
>>2714357
>go outside
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>2714357
>went outside for a week with no internet
>spent the whole time obsessing about gear anyway because it was the most routine thing that I interacted with that had room for improvement and could have made me more comfy
It's too late for me.
>>
>>2718757
Why would you do this?
>>
>>2714357
this board like many other hobby boards enjoys the idea of the hobby vs actually participating in it
>>
>>2721123
No reception anywhere on the trail unless I felt like maybe going up a mountain for a chance at a spotty connection.
>>
>>2714357
>>
>>2721178
Heh
>>
File: 1710000502752431s.jpg (3 KB, 124x124)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>2714357
What if i like collecting stamps because the little pictures are pretty, affordable; abundant?
>>
>>2714357
Did the mods autosage this thread again?
>>
>>2718700
Can't see the forest through the trees.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.