[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How to avoid spiders and bugs while camping?
>>
>>2721826
DEET, NYIGGGGAAAAA!!!
>>
>>2721826
The natural way?

Spiders: Hit and miss. Get yourself off the floor.

Bugs: a smokey fire does the trick.
>>
>>2721826
Make a fire or get those incense burner thingies. Both work.
>>
File: dream-hammock-ul.jpg (446 KB, 2048x1102)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>2721826
Hammock camping
>>
>>2721826
Treat your clothes with permethrin
>>
File: RogersRangers.jpg (135 KB, 640x416)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>2721826
winter camping
>>
head net
tent net
eat garlic
>>
>>2721826
Eat permethrin treat your clothes with garlic.
>>
>>2721826
Malathion fogger. It's a lot to carry, but worth it. Walk in a big spiral from your canpsite while fogging. Kills all the stupid bugs that enter the fogged area even after the fog dissipates. It also lets you sleep instead of hearing all those stupid bugs and frogs all damn night.
>>
Winter camping 100%. I live in Australia, so subtropical environment. This place is hell for bugs most of the time but literally nothing in winter.

I'm just entering winter so HYPE as hell.
>>
File: cocaracha2.jpg (182 KB, 867x1175)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
Well didn't know which board I could use but this seems like a thread I could use.

What is this little fucker? Just killed it with bugspray, I think it is a cockroach. Dunno if it is a female/male, have it laid eggs yet? I'll upload a few pictures
>>
File: cocarach.jpg (185 KB, 869x1165)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>2722811
It could be a garden cockroach or is it ze german one and what should my next line of business be? I found it in the lining in a pair of pants beneth a ventilator shaft. Close to a jacket where I store nuts (don't ask)
>>
File: cocarachunderneath.jpg (290 KB, 1701x1053)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>2722812
Here's a pic underneath. Am in a slight paniccy mode due the fact I don't want these ones in my home.
>>
>>2722812
It definitely seems like a German cockroach. If this is your first encounter, you’ll be seeing more. I’d start getting estimates on pest control work. It is nearly impossible to get rid of German roaches without professional help
>>
>>2722813
Until you get the work done, buy glue and food traps (the food traps look like little squares with openings just big enough for them to eat). That’ll keep you from encountering living ones. Set the traps up near vents and walls
>>
>>2722903
>>2722905
Thank you both for the response, I have put out two food traps and have cleaned the common areas of where they usually sit. About to spray some bugspray and will get in touch with pest control in the morning
>>
>>2721826
don't go camping where there are mosquitoes or biting flies. simple as.
>>
>>2721826

You must rub insect repelling plant juices on your skin. Or you can rub a thick layer of clay/mud on so the mosquitoes can't bite through.
>>
>>2722903
>>2722941
>>2722813
No, you can get rid of german cockroaches yourself just with a mixture in a gallon spray of Demon WP, an insect growth regulator, and acephate. Spray the baseboards of the house, underneath, and any places that bugs could habitate in, like underneath sinks and in cabinets.

If you're still seeing roaches, spray again in a month, other again in 3 months. They should be wiped out, but you could spray another time 6 months later.
>>
>>2721826
winter
>>
>>2722410
>just spray poison everywhere you go
wtf

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.