[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1593772122645.png (490 KB, 600x543)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
The property I own, has the edge of a natural pond on it. The pond used to not be on my property at all except during flooding. But the pond has gotten bigger and there's now a shallow cove that's formed on the edge of my property. I've been fishing it, just the issue is my boomer neighbour is claiming ownership over the entire pond and says I can't fish it and said he's given me a trespassing warning. What are my options?
>>
>>2722263
Interesting. What state, and what county? Do you have water rights?
>>
>>2722263
you'll want a lawyer who knows your area's laws, but generally shifting water lines only shrink or expand your property if its a designated waterway or wetland, if the pond is all segmented private property then the lines are static and the water is on your property and they can't deny you access to what's within your recorded lines.
but again you'll want a lawyer who knows your areas specifics, and it's probably good to get ahead on that if your neighbor is going karentarded.
>>
>>2722263
congrats, you have now entered the worst part of land ownership
>borders set between movable land features
>is it the border set as it was back then that counts or is it the border between the non-fixed points that matters?
enjoy your days in court and fuck your neighbours. btw its a mix of thoose two from what i experienced. if your neighbour doesnt loose shoreline to you they cant deny you to gain it, but if it was entirely within their land they can claim it should remain so. lawyer love these cases.
>>
>>2722278
>>2722274
I have no idea about the specific details of his deed, and whether the pond is identified as his property or not on the deed. I do know his tract is adjacent to mine and the pond was within his tract on the border of my tract up until recently. I just know exactly where the tract to my deed is, and the boundaries of it. I even know where the boundary of his tract is, by looking at the map of the property tracts and old markers on trees that he used to keep up to designate his land but he's since removed them obviously to not contradict his claim to owning the entire pond. The trees of the boundaries he had marked for his property even have scarring, and the pond now extends 50 meters past the scarred trees where he formerly kept his boundary markers. Until he removed the boundary markers to introduce ambiguity.
>>
>>2722263
Sue him for getting his water onto your property, blocking your access to the dry land underneath. If he won't remove his water and restore access to your land beneath it, he owes you sex.
>>
>>2722263
>Until he removed the boundary markers to introduce ambiguity.
Yeah, you are definitely going to want a land lawyer and get evidence collected and a proper survey done because this illegal shit and you will get fucked if you try to play this passively.
>>
>>2722263
In many states you can’t own water, just access to water. If you don’t need to trespass to reach the water, he has no recourse. Most states put their rules about this sort of thing in their fishing and hunting regulation guides.
>>
File: 1683361410980784.png (398 KB, 550x350)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
>>2722263
Traditionally such border disputes are settled with war
I recommend besieging your neighbour's property, isolate him from his supply chain (stinger strips outside his mailbox, cut the cables into his house, etc), and starve him out
If that's unsuccessful then launch an attack, seize his home and goods, ransom his life to his family, and take his daughter as your bride to consolidate your conquest
>>
>>2722263
Fuck your neighbor. Consult with a lawyer and continue to fish in the pond. Make him spend as much money as you can. Really drag out the court battle to bleed him for as much as possible and then when he loses the court battle countersue for the cost of your court fees. Fuck him. He doesn't own a whole body of water just because part of it is on his land.
>>
>>2722263
Just wave a gun in his face and tell him he's a cuck.
>>
>>2722263
Put up a privacy fence on your side of the property which goes over your part of the pond. Then he won't see you fishing, problem solved.
>>
>>2722263
Like most anons are saying
>lawyer
Boomers only respect daddy gobment when it comes to what they can and can’t do
>>
>>2722263
look up riparian rights anon

if the water is on your property you have a right to access it

t. Studied environmental law and land use law

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.