[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bath.jpg (1.86 MB, 4624x3472)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
What's the longest you've been /out/ ?

I was away solo 3 weeks last summer wild camping, planning a 6 week trip this summer.

How do you cope with the fatigue and loneliness, I enjoy it but at the same time I find myself going a bit crazy, talking to myself etc.
Thinking of food and showers usually keeps me going.
What do you do to keep yourself sane?
>>
>>2724063
>fatigue and loneliness
Going /out/ probably isn't for you. If all you do is wish you were inside eating and showering and focus on how miserable going /out/ makes you, then why don't you find another hobby that you actually enjoy.
>>
>>2724071
Have you ever been away wild camping for longer than a week?

I struggle to believe you don't get fatigued or notice the isolation after spending 10+ days in the wild by yourself.

Yeah you enjoy it but claiming it isn't difficult is just a lie
>>
>>2724071
tard post. someone spending nearly a month /out/ is likely to experience fatigue and loneliness at some points. You've interpreted this as "all you do is wish you were inside eating and showering and focus on how miserable going /out/ makes you", which is obviously the extreme leap of a stupid person
>>
>>2724063
>>2724078
>>2724090
Fucking pussies who probably lost their shit during covid restrictions four years ago.

Six weeks is nothing. I have been alone since puberty and am almost 40 now. I never experience "loneliness" in nature unless I'm in a crowded area full of asshole normies and stuck-up bitches. Spending that amount of time in a quiet setting is my idea of heaven, but alas, I've got to work in order to survive.

Just bring a yuru doll and enjoy nature.
>>
>>2724063
Depends on what you call /out/.
My wife and I spent a bit over year camping out of our 4x4 for our honeymoon, spending most of our time in national parks and the like. Its pretty comfy though (bed, solar, etc) and we did intersperse pretty regular hotel stays through the trip (especially in Mexico, Colombia, etc) so it's not like we were wild camping for months at a time.
Other than that we've done 2 months hiking in Nepal (mostly staying in teahouses and supported by porters though) and a couple of 2 month stints on the AT.

Never had to deal with any loneliness since we're always /out/ together. As for fatigue and general discomfort; if one of us is still feeling good then they can get the other feeling motivated again, if we're both feeling shit then at least you're sharing the discomfort with someone else - suffering is a lot more bearable when you're not suffering alone.
>>
>>2724104
>that edge
You might be 40 but you're obviously still going through puberty, bud.
>>
>>2724104
Different sort of isolation when your in a foreign country with all your gear on your back not knowing where your next going to find water, food or sleep at night.
It's hard work.
>>
>>2724104
40 years old deviant, of course you don't experience loneliness, it's your default state.
>>
1 month with 8 people (including me) in the mountains, no external contact
>>
>>2724063
I've only done 8 days but I had company. I think you get more tired on a 4 or 5 day mission than a whole week because if you're going for a week you get time to rest but if you're just in for a few days it's not long enough and you end up rushing around and never chilling.
>>
3 months camping with my dad but we'd go into town every week for supplies
we had a big tent and a kitchen and a basic bathroom (toilet+sink but cold water)
>>
Seven months with a buddie of mine.
>>
>>2724104
What zero pussy does to a mf
>>
File: doubt.jpg (20 KB, 282x415)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2724090
>since puberty
>>
>>2724063
>longest you've been /out/
trail crew 9 days on, 5 days off for 3 months
>cope with fatigue
helps you sleep
>cope with lonely
lonely is wonderful
>>
>>2724063
124 days On the Northern Slope
Made a lot of money, wish I could do it again.

>>2724071
Yup
>>
>>2724063
>talking to myself
This is what humans do if they are alone for long times. The only cure is to interact with humans.
>>
>>2724071
i think theres a loser just hitting f5 on and putting a retarded comment on every post like this. how about YOU go out
>>
I did a 2 month stay in Nichole national forest

The parks department sent a search party after me only to discover my camp and me smoking some fresh caught Brown Trout buck ass naked.
>>
>>2727202
how did you spend 2 months straight /out/? were you catching and foraging all your food?
>>
>>2727381
50% of my food was foraged. Had a fishing and small game licence so Squirrels, rabbits and the occasional grouse came by. Fishing for Pike, Bluegill, perch, and walleye. Or fish a stream for trout. But I was buzzing into Eagle River like once a week for nessisities and Id bump into other people occasions on marked trails. My problems came from me just not telling anyone when I would be back.
>>
4 weeks or so but it was almost all car camping with some buddies so I was never lonely. I think others are right that on a longer trip you don't feel as much pressure to cram all of your activities into a short window so fatigue isn't as much of a problem. I personally didn't feel gross but by the end I was conscious of the fact that we probably reeked and just didn't know. Looking back I guess the only thing I was missing was some meals that weren't cooked on a camp stove.
>>
File: 1713678093448879.gif (2.78 MB, 520x293)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB GIF
>>2724071
Put em on clutch
>>
Spent about 8 months bouncing around New England in a tent and, very occasionally, a lean-to. Doing conservation work. Team would live out of a base camp and hike into worksites. We went into town to buy food but lived out of tents in primitive sites the rest of the time. I miss the woods but I don't miss those fucking black flies.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.