[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714013842186.jpg (897 KB, 4256x2832)
897 KB
897 KB JPG
Geocaching is what started making me go /out/side. Does anyone else still do it? I bring a mountain bike and head to trails.
>>
>>2724238
i do it, but every 10 caches i put a grenade under it, i like to keep things interesting
anyways, why has it been dropping off?
>>
>>2724238
How often do people shit in these things? I feel like that would not be uncommon.
>>
>>2724238
#geopooping4ever
>>
>>2724238
I do it too! It's much more fun than just hiking aimlessly and since geocaches are often around historical places it's a nice way to learn about my local history. I've already got all caches I could get to by foot, so I'm looking around for a cheap bike to get the ones that are further away.

>>2724244
>>2724254
Literally never seen anything like that, but maybe that's because I'm from Poland and there aren't any niggers in here.
>>
>>2724244
niggers don't know about geo-caching thankfully. it's mostly hikers and older folks that do it. I have found free drugs tho, that was nice.
>>
>>2724376
free fentanyl! nice
>>
File: 1638809510288.jpg (54 KB, 541x498)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>2724311
>I'm from Poland and there aren't any niggers in here.
>>
>>2724388
magic mushrooms
>>
>>2724390
0.1% is pretty much negligible, yeah. Not sure what's your problem with what I've said, mudshark.
>>
File: IMG_8266.png (3.94 MB, 1125x2436)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB PNG
Last week I was enjoying some trail time after work. I found a geocache under an out of the way boulder. I wasn’t looking for it, I just happened to be in the same area. I looked into it when I got home and learned that they have a paid subscription model and that damn near every geocache along my favorite trails require a premium (paid) amount to see them. Pic related.
Now this pisses me off. They are making money by leaving garbage out there.
Once the mountains thaw out some more I’m going to get a free trial premium account then fine and remove all of them. Fuck geocaching.
>>
>>2724454
Well, with people like >>2724242, >>2724244 and >>2724254, are you really that surprised there's a bit of gatekeeping?

That being said you can have plenty of fun with opencaching, which is a free alternative. I agree that "official" geocaching is an annoyance and I don't use it.
>>
>>2724462
Commercializing public land and claiming to preach “leave no trace” while leaving garbage outside is not “gatekeeping.”
Besides, the ones in the screenshot are all premium because they are more difficult (as defined by them), which inherently filters most people.
>>
>>2724392
Not sure if I would ingest anything that I found inside a geocache.
>>
>>2724484
>Commercializing public land (...) is not “gatekeeping.”
In this case it is.
>>
>>2724484
Public land is already heavily commercialized, anon. This pretty low impact compared to other uses, like grazing, for example, or guided hunts, or survivalist training.
>>
>>2724462
Welcome new friend.
>>
>>2724238
I geocache a lot. I prefer leaving caches these days. I made a new one yesterday. Sometimes I see people doing the ones I put near my house and say hello, they're all very nice.
>>
>>2724673
>near my house
I just hope you're not that one faggot who leaves caches in boring, ugly and unremarkable places. Or make them more annoying than anything else (like a leaf-shaped micro in the middle of a shitty forest with bad gps coordinates).

People that didn't found at least 100 caches (probably not you) shouldn't be allowed to make any new ones.

>I see people doing the ones I put near my house and say hello, they're all very nice.
I vaguely remember that you could design yourself as a geocache - you'd say what are your usual whereabouts and people would have to meet you (and eventually learn a password from you) to claim they've found that cache. Did I hallucinate that or was that a real thing? I can't find anything about this kind of cache right now
>>
>>2724238
I left a condom full of shit in one on a trail near me. A kid and his dad found it and the dad made a massive fuss about it on local facebook groups kek
>>
File: geocache.png (1.52 MB, 1020x1741)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
What does /out/ think about leaving and searching for caches on privately owned land?
>>
>>2724725
Why is a random patch of bare sand in a forest called ground zero?
>>
>>2724731
The area isn't called Ground Zero that's the name of the cache.
>>
>>2724731
Ground Zero is where the geocache was located before the landowner removed it. What does it matter what it's called?
>>
>>2724697
he really hoped it would be cum instead of poop?
>>
>>2724685
>I vaguely remember that you could design yourself as a geocache - you'd say what are your usual whereabouts and people would have to meet you (and eventually learn a password from you) to claim they've found that cache. Did I hallucinate that or was that a real thing? I can't find anything about this kind of cache right now
bump, I'm still not sure about this one.

But while going through old wikipedia edits of their article about geocaching I found some really interesting types that don't seem to be a thing any more, like:
>Guest Book caches
>use guest books often found in museums, tourist information centers, etc.
or
>Finally, a USB Cache or Dead Drop cache
> location has a USB drive embedded into walls or other structures. The cache is retrieved by connecting a device that has a USB port and that is able to read standard text files.

Shame those USB caches are no more - it would be fun to see what kind of fucked up shit people would leave there.
>>
>>2724685
My caches are spots I think people would enjoy. Ranging from funny ones, beautiful ones, tree climbs and child friendly ones. I found an NFC one recently however it was on the side of a highway in some ugly bush scrub. I don't understand that shit.
>>
>>2727169
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>2724238
one of the funniest things i think i have ever done is shit in a geocache lmao
>>
>>2724485
same energy as not drinking from a river or eating a raw oyster. surprised covid didnt wipe your flimsy ass out
>>
>>2727584
not at all, if i'm eating a raw oyster i caught or ordered from a restaurant i can be rest assured that what i'm eating hasn't been tampered with in any way. i also wouldn't drink out of a river without filtering it first. you don't know who put those shrooms in the geocache or what they could be laced with. surprised you haven't lost your mind yet from ingesting untested substances off the street
>>
Today I've finished cleaning, oiling and fixing up my bike and went out to find a new geocache someone made recently in my area. It was a really fun trip and I've touched some grass :) I just wish deet would actually work for scaring off mosquitoes.
>>
File: geocaching.png (10 KB, 430x220)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>noo, you can't look for cashes you didn't find yet!
>this basic function costs extra!
Ugh. geocaching.com is such a corporate, commercialized trash. Thank God there are geocaching apps that let me do that without relying on their site.
>>
>>2724450
Wonder if those areas are more violent or of the nig problem is uniquely American
>>
>>2724238
I find it boring and constantly underwhelming. I've never encountered a truly challenging cache that is off-trail and hard to reach, nor a cache that actually had anything interesting in it.
Like a cache with a copy of the Protocols or Industrial Society. That would be quite funny.
Then again, there just aren't as many caches here as in the US.

>>2724311
>niggers
Anon, niggers don't hike and they definitely don't hunt for geocaches in the wild. That's like the least niggerish activity imaginable.
>>
File: F827wct.png (43 KB, 250x244)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
We only ever had one anon delivar photos of a pooped in geocatch and that was like ten years ago.

We need a hero
>>
>>2724238
If I catch one I will destroy it. Normies belong in their containment zones, not in the woods.
I don't want to give them a reason to even think about ruining the outdoors.
I know its rough, but hate the game, not the player.
World is too populated, and people are too loud and inconsiderate.
Sometimes I agree with the kikes and globalists about their disdain for plebs.
>>
>>2728591
>people are too inconsiderate.
oh the irony
>>
did it a ton growing up with my dad around places in willamette valley Oregon, ton of fun and gives a real sense of adventure, hopefully will get back into it
>>
>>2727604
an extreme minority would do something like leave drugs, an even extremer minority would leave drugs that have some hidden extra drug within them hoping to fuck with people, me for example once left shrooms in a cabela's parking lot cause i didn't want to have them across state lines, if my shit was laced i would've left it in the trash, most drug users aren't malicious
>>
>>2728591
This post is the equivalent of a gym bro taking things from a new guy's/girl's locker, and smashing it/stealing it, hoping the newcomer doesn't come back to try and improve their lifestyle.

Shame on you.
>>
>>2728706
most may not be malicious, but there is still a significant enough chance that warrant people buying test kits to test out certain drugs before ingesting them and websites to report their findings
i'm just saying it's not a smart idea to take drugs you just find randomly on the street. i wouldn't even eat a hamburger still in its wrapping that i found on left at a table on a restaurant

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.