[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dsfdsgfdg-1385415980.png (782 KB, 635x492)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
theres a mountain about 3 kms away from where i live and there are always tons of rabbits there.
maybe im autistic or something but i think it would be really cool to try hunt them only using primitive tools/weapons (nothing more advanced than a bow, and thats already pushing it).
has anyone tried it? or tried rabbit hunting in general? im just looking to get a couple every few weeks or so, nothing too crazy
>>
You got a license, pal?
>>
>>2726560
i dont, and i have considered this. i think its fine ethically because there are literally no predators (australia) around there that will take care of them, also they do damage to native plants and the ecosystem in general. im also planning on just using sticks and rocks and maybe a slingshot so its not like they will catch me with an air rifle or anything
>>
I don't think you will have much success with a bow and arrow or a slingshot. I just don't think you are skilled enough to hunt this way.
Your best bet will be traps.
>>
>>2726562
>skilled enough
im planning on practicing this, i just think it would be cool. i guess maybe it might be useful to save on a grocery bill but thats about it
>traps
yeah nah i think im fine. that would be too invasive and would probably get me in trouble
>>
>>2726559
just use an air gun. wanting to kill something in a "primitive" manner is simply sadistic when you have modern tools that allow you to instantly and humanely kill without causing suffering.
>>
Find their hole, block off the other ends of it and start ripping it up with a stick until you get to them.
>>
i did some more research, i think im just going to make a slingshot and some clay ammo (i have some steel flatbar that should be wide enough to do it pretty easily, and i already make pottery so its just a matter of making a mold for the ammo and firing them). ill practice for a while until i can hit a can from 15ish meters reasonably well and then give it a shot (literally lol)
next question is how are you supposed to get within 15 meters of a rabbit?

>>2726565
>air gun
no i dont have one and the licensing is a pain plus if im caught with it im going to be fucked harder than you could imagine
>sadistic
if i get a hit either it wont hurt the rabbit enough for me to not be able to chase it down or i will hurt it enough to run up to it and cut its throat with a knife. thats probably the best way i think

>>2726580
>Find their hole
anon im talking about real rabbits, not the bunny girls you jerk off to
>>
File: 56047859.png (608 KB, 720x379)
608 KB
608 KB PNG
>>2726559
a bow will do the job fine
just practice for a while first, don't wanna winge your shot & peg the poor fuck
>>
>>2726586
>the licensing is a pain
What? I'm a eurocuck and don't need a license for them. All you have to do is show you're over 18. What country is like this?
>>
>>2726608
i said australia here (>>2726561)
i cant remember if it needed a license or just a police check to get one but either way its too much hassle. im just going to use a slingshot because i think it has more plausible deniability plus it would be more fun and if im drinking with an air rifle i think its a problem and im planning on drinking lol
>>
>>2726559
>>2726586
Primitive hunting takes a lot of skill and is much more difficult than hunting with modern gear. If you think you're just going to walk into the forest with a bow or slingshot and shoot a rabbit with no prior practice you're delusional. Take the time to develop your skills so that you can be sure you're hunting in an ethical manner and also not just wasting your time.
>>
>>2726613
>no prior practice
how much practice do you think youd need? and how close can you get before itll start to run?
>>
>>2726619
>how much practice do you think youd need?
For trad archery, I'd say at least 3-4 months of consistent target practice. You need to develop proper muscle memory and back strength. At least an hour twice a week until you can hit a rabbit sized target from 20 yards away consistently. Obviously more practice is better than less. Focus on consistency in form and not injuring yourself. Hitting a small plate sized target once every 3-4 shots isn't going to cut it.

I wouldn't usually shoot a rabbit from 20 yards since even a reasonably good shot will probably hit its stomach or leg or something, but you want to practice a bit outside your max range so that anything closer feels easy.

>and how close can you get before itll start to run?
Honestly depends on the rabbits in your area and how used to humans they are. Similar to ducks and squirrels. Some will let you walk right past them, but the further away from civilization you go (e.g. places you can legally hunt) the spookier they become. You'll figure that part out easily enough though.
>>
>>2726611
Sucks dude, but such is life with strange legislation. Over here you can legally own an air rifle with zero paperwork, but not a slingshot (somehow prohibited all around).
>>
File: RIN002.jpg (58 KB, 1000x1000)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2726619
In traditional archery, most deer are shot within 25 yards (at least, they were - those numbers are from a time when trad archery was still a bit more in fashion). You can extrapolate that to rabbits - you'll have to get pretty close. I'd say within ten yards, but I'm mostly a target (field/3d) archer, not a hunter. Note that it's not just "hitting your target", it's stalking to even get close enough and judging the distance correctly.

There are archery targets that can help you in this, specifically the ones that you can kick away some random distance each time you retrieve your arrows.

Godspeed anon. Enjoy.
>>
>>2726559
You can try using a Boomerang.
This has been done in many places.

All you need ist a good piece of Wood.
Be informed that hunting Boomerangs are different from fun Boomerangs.
>>
>>2726559
I've killed quite a few rabbits on traditional recurve bows. (I used to use wooden arrows, feather fletching, whole nine yards but the traditional arrowsreally are too much trouble).

Anyways, rabbits are fairly easy to hunt with a bow. They will just stand there and even if they run they often come back to where they came from. Don't bother with blunt points.

Be warned- killing animals with a traditional bow and arrow is relatibeky hard on the animal- they usually dont die right away. The good thing about rabbits is that they are so small it's sort of hard to wound them and then get away. You either miss or you disable them. Shooting a recurve etc. is more a of a feel type thing, you're just sighting the target and keeping the run of the arrow in your periphery. Rabbits are the best thing to practice on.

The problem with rabbits is that they are most common in the spring and summer but once it gets warm for a while they get warbles. So if you are eating them I only bother after the first frost.
>>
>>2726605
It's common to skewer a rabbit like that but why would you sit there and take pics of it instead of finishing the poor bastard off kek?

Also why is your point gone?
>>
>>2726644
Rabbits are the dunces of prey varmints. They will literally sit there and look at you within like 15 ft kek. Even if they run they will stop a dozen yards away and look again.

I'd say 90% of my rabbit kills were about 25ft. I disagree with alot of anons here, if you just walk through the woods with a bow and arrow, your odds of killing one aren't that terrible. Shooting traditional archery isn't that hard. I'd say a couple of months shooting for a 3-4 hours a week getting muscle memory and gaging distances and you'll be able to hit a volleyball sized target. After a year a grape fruit maybe (under 30 yards). You can't dial it in much more than that unless you get autistic over your arrows etc.
>>
>get a ferret
>find rabbit burrow
>cover all entrances you can find with netting
>send ferret down
>???
>profit
>>
>>2726608
>What country is like this?
You're underestimating just how cucked the government in straya is. I think it's the only cuntry on earth where you need an actual firearm license to buy a fucking orbeez gun
>>
>>2726675
>It's common to skewer a rabbit like that but why would you sit there and take pics of it instead of finishing the poor bastard off kek?
it came from some news site, so ask whatever dumbass did that instead of me
>Also why is your point gone?
what do you mean?
>>
>>2726692
Ferrets are a plague, as are the people that own them
>>
primitive hunting is cool but it's advisable only if you already been shooting or hunting for years and have the training

set up a bottle cap or a spent shotgun shell, whatever distance you can hit it is the distance you should hunt. if you're under 25m, it's going to be pretty difficult, as rabbits are very skittish

honestly try getting an air rifle first, it should be enough challenge to satisfy you initially and then move into something more "difficult".
>>
>>2726637
probably its the concealment factor

>>2726644
>archery
im going to use a slingshot, ive already decided that and you would know if you read the thread

>>2726647
>Boomerang
kek im australian but im white, id get arrested for appropriating their culture probably
>hunting Boomerangs are different
yeah i saw a dude use one to take down a kangaroo once, its way bigger and weighs much more, pretty crazy stuff

>>2726673
>warbles
if this is some disease or something i googled it and couldnt find any in australia

>>2726676
>a couple of months shooting for a 3-4 hours a week getting muscle memory and gaging distances
im going to use a dartboard at first, i have an old one i can dig up, ill switch to empty beer cans pretty soon though i bet

>>2726699
>actual firearm license to buy a fucking orbeez gun
i think thats because they are also imitation firearms, and a license is much easier to get than a non australian would think
>>2726699
>cucked
true, but at least we are aware of it, look at burgerland and you know what i mean

>>2726860
probably you are right on all counts, but i cant be bothered really to get an air rifle and i also dont mind if i cant get anything at first. its not like im trying to feed a family with my slinging skills

theres a ton of disagreement on how skittish they are, i tried chasing them yesterday before i made the thread and i could get within about 15 meters before they started to run.
im also curious on their endurance, but i cant find anything online. is it possible to run after them until they get tired and then just swoop them up? or do they run into their hole first?
>>
>>2726865
damn laws are pretty fked up in australia, just been checking, you even need a loicence for a crossbow or a power-limited airgun.

i'd advice you to get a compound bow and then when you get bored of it move into something different, either a gun (air rifle or rimfire) or traditional bows.
>>
>>2726865
Bot flies or warbles are a fly that lay eggs that turns into a big subcutaneous grub thing. Not dangerous but nasty. Maybe you don't have them there.

Get an affordable recurve and start that way. Practice on a target first then start changing up the range every shot. It really isn't that hard. Watch some videos on technique and just figure out what works for you. Here rabbits are not very skittish. I'm not big on eating them tbqh but I like to practice tanning on their furs.
>>
>>2726867
>>2726870
jesus christ is a bow that much better than a slingshot? if i use a bow id have to buy it and buy arrows, and i dont like buying things. ill also have to carry it to the mountain and back each time on foot past probably a hundred houses and i cant imagine people will be happy with that (a slingshot can be pocketed, and rabbits can go under a jacket or in a bag or something)

>>2726870
>Bot flies
i checked again but i can only see things about horses, im planning on freezing any rabbits i get anyway just in case

>practice tanning on their furs
thats pretty cool, ever made anything with them?
>>
>>2726890
Asking if a bow is better than a slingshot is like asking if a gun is better than a bow. Slingshots are barely better than a blowgun
>>
>>2726891
i said much better, and a bow is better than a gun if you are looking to curve your shots downwards or if you care about how quiet it is, just like a slingshot is better than a bow if you care about walking while you are shooting or the reload speed or the weight/size/concealment bonus

i started on the slingshot a bit, but now i need to make dinner so ill finish it tomorrow probably, maybe ill post a picture but its just bent rebar basically
>>
>>2726586
>anon im talking about real rabbits, not the bunny girls you jerk off to
This is how you catch them dumbass. Even better of you have a spade. I grew up in Otago m8, I just shot them because I'm not an Australian I'm allowed a rifle, but this is how you do it.

Catch a fucken roo you pussy.
>>
>>2726913
>Catch a fucken roo
maybe if you catch a bald eagle first retard. it was a joke, just like i hope you were also joking (because its an idea only faggot burgers come up with)
>>
>>2726923
Kiwi. I'd catch a roo. Go catch a goddam Roo what the fuck are ya scared of, picking on little bunny rabbits.
>>
>>2726924
kek now i know why you didnt like the comment, you only jerk off to sheep holes
>>
>>2726865
>im going to use a slingshot, ive already decided that and you would know if you read the thread
Well fuck you too then, dickhead.
>>
File: 1.jpg (137 KB, 1024x1024)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>2726926
Everybody does
>>
>>2726926
Can't argue with that
>>
>>2726899
You’re delusional
>>
>>2726899
>curve your shot downwards
What do you even mean by this kek?

But look a bow is obviously alot more quiet. You can also shoot it with relative imputiny as far as there being anything behind the target goes. Having said that, it is about 50x inferior to a firearm obviously if you are actually trying to kill something to eat. For me it is almost strictly sport though I dont have much desire to eat a rabbit. It is fun and rewarding to shoot something with a bow mostly- but it is hard on the animal and some people have certain sensibilities that make this aspect repulsive to them.

>>2726890
I didn't realize you'd be walking around d inhabited places with it kek.

And no I don't do a whole lot with them. Throw them over the back of a chair or set lamps on them etc. that sort of thing.
>>
>>2726937
why would you even post this?

>>2726952
im not, the point was that different things have different uses, a battleship railgun is 5000x better than a firearm, are you going to use that to hunt rabbits?

>>2726964
>What do you even mean by this kek?
i didnt word it right, and my dinner was on the stove so i needed to be quick typing it.
you know how in those old roman documentaries how they get their shields up because arrows are shot into the air and then they come down? you cant do that with a gun. it was the first thing that came to my head really

>if you are actually trying to kill something to eat
this isnt the goal, and if it was i would use traps. its more for fun that might have a reward if i hit a shot. that being said maybe it would be cool to go /out/ with just a slingshot and a loincloth eating raw rabbits

>you'd be walking around d inhabited places
yeah the spot i thought would be great is ~200m from a walking trail, its the kind of mountain that people walk up in the morning or after work or with their kids
>>
>>2727295
>im not delusional
>i think i can shoot a rabbit by raining arrows onto them like a line of bowmen against a shield formation
>>
File: IMG_20240503_132555_546.jpg (1.7 MB, 4032x3024)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>2727315
i never said that retard, and besides, thats probably more realistic than illegally bringing an illegal firearm to illegally hunt rabbits a hundred meters away from a family trying to go out for a walk

picrel is slingshot, im going to go out and get elastic from somewhere and tie it down and then adjust the forks a bit. its rebar bent with a sledgehammer with a brick used as an anvil, its not supposed to be pretty
>>
>>2727329
You might be the dumbest /out/ poster of all time.
>>
File: cardie.jpg (2.35 MB, 4032x3024)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>2727330
nothats,,,me.,dontell me howdumb iam!,
,,ivegotestsand stuff to Proveit!,
,,,,,villagediot is tuffwork,,get whatyou CAN!
>>2727329
youcant,,just MAKE a slingshot!,thats millions of years of tech apropreation,,giveit back.
>>
slingshots aren't primative because you need an elastic rubber. a sling (picrel) would be primative, a bow is primative, a spear is primative, a rabbit stick/boomarang is primative, throwing a rock really hard is primative, a slingshot is absolutely a modern invention

OP is just a gay retarded nogunz australian who's probably going to get arrested for being a stupid bitch
>>
>>2727330
>>2727334
kek

>>2727335
i have a ficus elastica i can probably harvest to make latex, is that primitive enough for you?
>>
>>2727336
god OP if you aren't larping PLEASE send a photo
>>
>>2726559
use traps
>>
File: IMG_20240504_130313_665.jpg (560 KB, 3024x4032)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>2727338
im not larping really, but i am joking (i hope no one thought that i would make my own elastic from scratch).
i have the plant though, 3 actually. picrel is my "desk" one, i also have a mother plant thats about 3 meters tall and a whore that i harvested latex from a few years ago to make a condom from (i thought it would be funny). i also waterproofed my hat with the leftover latex and its still waterproof to this day

>>2727654
nah i want to have fun with it, and i might end up catching someones toddler (which would be funny until i get arrested). i use traps carp fishing though and they work pretty well
>>
File: roundabout.jpg (2.32 MB, 4032x3024)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>2727666
impressed.,
>>
>>2726676
>I disagree with alot of anons here, if you just walk through the woods with a bow and arrow, your odds of killing one aren't that terrible.
Where do you even find rabbits? I go hiking every weekend and I literally never see them. I've seen more moose than rabbits, no joke.
>>
>>2727668
Maybe its just a regional thing. If i wialk in the woods a few miles im guaranteed to see two or three. Usually in spring they are more common- they hang around in either grassy meadows or they bed-up in thickets and thick brush. Every one I've ever killed was in the evening time. After dark they are fairly active too you can shine their eyes and get fairly close to them. I keep a wide lane mowed back around a swamp maybe three widths of an 8ft mower (maybe about mile long total) and it doesn't get driven on much so it's just tall grass and I see them there pretty much every couple of days. My suspicion is that they are pretty much everywhere but I only tend to see them in meadows and grass because it would be hard to see them in the brush.

The funny thing is that I see more of them around the house than anywhere, there are a few areas outside the main yard where I just let the grass grow a little taller or let the sorrel and toadflax come in this time of year and there most evenings there will be three or four of them will just bouncing around out there in it like it's a spawn point on a vidya or something. I have a few big blueberry shrubs nearby that I think maybe they are attracted to.

In the last ten years or so the eagles have become so common that I figured they would eradicate them but it doesn't seem to have put a dent in them at all.
>>
>>2726559
From my understanding the best way to catch small game like this in a primitive way is with snare traps. Takes the sport out of it I suppose but hunting a rabbit with a bow or sling sounds like a nightmare. I've been sport shooting rabbits and typically you're shooting at them from 50ish yards. (They are invasive and wreck the native plants in the area I have done this so keep your ass cheeks unclenched) 50 yards is a long shot for a bow/sling and if you want to get closer you're either going to have to be extremely patient and stealthy, or shoot from the hip after scaring them up out of the brush. Fucking forget about a spear or other thrown projectiles.
>>
>>2726559
Rabbits were introduced and are invasive. Set snare everywhere and don't feel bad at all. Sure, use a bow or whatever but murder as many as you can m8.
>>
>>2727698
He seems to be in Australia--they're invasive there. He shouldn't sport hunt: he should sport genocide.
>>
>>2727857
Invasive species are a meme
>>
>>2727867
Your opinions are a meme.
>>
>>2727698
See my experience with rabbits is that they don't require any stalking or waiting. They are literally bozos of the animal world. You just walk through the woods, look for open grassy spots, catch a glimpse of their tails and then take your shot. They will alert on you and just sit there and look at you half the time. You'll probably be less than 30 yards from them alot of the time.
>>
>>2727867
That's exactly what an invasive species would say.
>>
>>2727667
with what? i dont get it

>>2727668
>>2727684
certainly a regional thing, if you see moose its probably too cold for rabbits or something

>>2727684
>Every one I've ever killed was in the evening time
good info, thanks anon

>eagles have become so common that I figured they would eradicate them
rabbits breed like crazy, the thing limiting them most of the time is physical space, you could probably kill 50% of them every year or so and the population would still increase. eagles are also fairly territorial im pretty sure so its not like theres going to be 600 of them picking every rabbit off

>>2727698
>invasive and wreck the native plants in the area
yeah, im not worried about the ethics of it. if anything it would be more ethical to rid the country of them

>Fucking forget about a spear or other thrown projectiles
lol i did think about just chasing them with rocks, and i did one session of this when i first got the idea a week ago. maybe its doable but youd need to be an olympic cornhole/darts player probably

>>2727867
kek

anyone have any ideas of what would make a good band? i tried some thick rubber bands just now and i didnt really like it (i think they are too short, videos online show something with an absurd draw length)
im thinking of getting one of those exercise bands and folding it a few times to make it narrow
>>
You catch a roo yet cobba?
>>
>>2726611
not sure how it is in Australia but here in the states you don't hunt rabbit till after the first freeze because of parasites, look into your area
>>
>>2726563
a snare trap is very low-key and super easy to make.
>>
>>2726586
a can isn't running
>>
>>2726890
the idea of someone having a problem with me carrying a bow as a burger is mind-boggling. people don't even look twice when private fire arms deals go down in grocery parking lots lol
>>
>>2728751
Once a rabbit runs- it's gone (sometimes they will stop and look though 15 or 20 yards later). The bigger issue with a bow etc. and target shooting is the distance issue. Target shooting is good for the mechanics of shooting, the release, muscle memory etc. But irl you aren't going to be shooting from a distance you've had multiple shots to adjust to. So you have to get a feel for distances so that you can be accurate on that first shot. Using a bow, what I've done with rabbits is that I just walk to what I feel is the zero distance (no drop, no rise) and take my shot from there even if I could get closer.

With rabbits I dont think there's much value in creeping up on it. I mean don't go stomping towards it or anything, but look the animal knows your there. It's more of a time thing with them. If you give it 2 minutes (while you are creepy crawling) you're going to miss the window every time. I see the rabbit, walk quietly and briskly to what I think is my preferred distance, and take the shot quickly. Tge rabbit is only going to sit there for like 20-30 seconds max.
>>
>>2728770
Also, as a side note. If you scare a rabbit from where it's holed-up, it will usually come back to that spot alot quicker than you think. So if you think you scared it out of its den or whatever, then it's worth waiting a few minutes.
>>
>>2726608
australia, the most cucked country on eath. you know its illegal to toot your horn, or wave your arm out the window of a car there?
>>
>>2728718
no, and i have no plans to catch one anytime soon

>>2728746
i will, thanks anon

>>2728749
yes, i said this already. i use them fishing carp but i dont want to use them catching these rabbits, partly for the sport, partly for legal reasons and partly because there are children that run through the area im planning on going to

>>2728751
i have no idea what this means

>>2728755
yes maybe but im sure the stats of the mass slaughter of burger children in schools is also mind boggling so i dont think you can say much

>>2728770
>Target shooting is good for the mechanics of shooting, the release, muscle memory
im target shooting already, though using rocks instead of the end goal of clay (rocks dont break easily). im getting the hang of it faster than what anons here were leading me to believe
>feel for distances
yeah this is what im going to do next, planning on throwing half a dozen empty beer cans out in front of me and hitting them all in sucession without misses, thats the next level in my training

last paragraph is very good advice, thank you anon

>>2728772
>come back to that spot alot quicker than you think
maybe, ill see what works

>>2729357
you can do all those in australia, and can you really do them in burgerland? wont you get shot if you toot your horn too much? or if you wave at someone incorrectly? again youre the most cucked because you dont realise it

i got the resistance bands (15kg, probably will move up to 30kg when im really hunting) and they work all right. i rebent the forks to hold the bands better and filed/sanded down the rough edges and now its looking reasonably professional. i also had to redo the handle to make it more comfortable so really it might be better than a store bought one.
i have a dartboard ive been hitting with rocks and i can hit the middle reasonably often from about 10m away
maybe before this thread dies ill post a rabbit and ask for skinning/butchering advice
>>
>>2730059
>burger kids getting slayed in school=mind-boggling

Not really, dundee, since almost all have been psyop glowing bullshit.
>>
File: 1714545630812666.png (484 KB, 492x635)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
I just see a shady duck
>I am not a crook
>>
>>2726867
IIRC those Australian pussies even consider airsoft and gel blasters to be restricted weapons and they'll charge you for having them.
>>
>>2730279
op said in this thread that its because they are imitation firearms, which is fair enough i suppose
>>
>>2730378
No it isnt fair enough or at all. Dont just limply acquiesce in the face of tyranny.
>>
File: wabbit.jpg (239 KB, 1200x900)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>2726559
There's lots of videos on youtube of people taking rabbits with slingshots. It is not easy though, that is an understatement. They are fiddly things. To get close enough and to nail one with a slingshot is a pretty crafty undertaking, but at the same time a 10mm ball bearing from 2 pieces of rubber only stuns them dead, if that makes sense. It's not like a fatal wound, more like a direct impact that just knocks the life out of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=ZjS_-JLDuPI
>>
File: rabbitarrow.jpg (79 KB, 697x503)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>2730397
I read something once about medieval english peasants being restricted to a type of broadhead arrow that was basically a big cylinder like a cork on the end. They were restricted to it because it wasn't fatal to people or larger game (reserved for the nobility) but could kill rabbits with ease, without wounding and opening them up

pic related seems to be the modern equivalent but they seem rare. I wonder if there's one that works for crossbows
>>
>>2726890
I've shot rabbits that turned out to have bot flies. It's really nasty looking, but the larvae leave when the host is dead. If you just wait for them to crawl out, the meat will be fine, but of course the skin will be unusable.
>>
>>2727334
Hey, it's that guy! Haven't seen you post in ages.
>>
>>2730415
Blunt are used because broadheads will fuck up most of the small amount of meat and it's better to crush the ribcage entirely than skewer through it.
>>
>>2730524
In my opinion game blunts, even for rabbits, are not particularly effective. The only good thing about them is that they make it harder to damage or lose an arrow.
>>
Bump, I like this thread
>>
>>2726559
me and my brother used to hunt rabbits using 2 different methods when we were bored tweens.

the first method we would use is find a creek with a lot of bunny dropping and climb up into a tree with a big rock. then we would wait and when we saw a bunny we would drop the rock on it. worked pretty consitently but requires alot of waiting

we also would make long spears (~8 feet) and just really slowely approach the bunny until we were with arms reach plus the length of the spear. then we would take a big lunging step and stab out and down. this method takes some practice as you cant look directly at the bunny becuase our predator eyes make them run away and me and my brother could only be quiet enough when we were barefoot.

hope this helps anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.