[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: poorfags filtered.png (1004 KB, 1103x834)
1004 KB
1004 KB PNG
Is /out/ only for richfags with millionaire savings?
>>
Are you retarded? Camping is literally the poor person’s holiday. There is rich people in the community, but they’ll almost always do their own thing on their private land as to not mingle with the poors.
>>
>>2754788
More like Goofy and Douchie
>>
>>2754788
the homeless seem to do it for a minimum of $10
>>
>>2754795
/out/ isn't about camping though it's about gatekeeping the outdoors with virulence and activity elitism
>>
>>2754795
Are you retarded? Most of the people who are "really into hiking" are upper middle class WASPs
>>
>>2754788
It’s literally free in national and state forests. Many public campgrounds are pretty cheap too. You don't NEED much gear, if any, as long as you have knowledge in bushcraft. The knowledge is free on the internet. The most expensive part of camping is taking time off work.
>>
>>2754788
>think it's going to be about a man going deranged hermit mode
>isn't even homeless
>is married
>literally just a story about him realizing the US healthcare system is a business
>50 minute video
can't believe i watched this shit
>>
>>2754933
he means the actual rich, way above that. the actual rich just go to dude ranches and exclusive resorts or their own land and get catered to
>>
>>2754951
no they go to private islands to hunt children
>>
>>2754933
That’s because the people who are below the upper middle class are generally low IQ. They’re more interested in low IQ pursuits like sportsball. You absolutely do not need money to hike, you need a mindset that enjoys it.
>muh vacation time
Only low level retards are working jobs with no paid time off.
>>
Your confusing camping and glamping.
Camping perhaps you have some gadgets but your probably not viewing anything bigger than a tablet. Glamping...

Omg suzy we had to walk for a entire 2 mins and I almost broke a nail omgawwwwd.
Thats glamping.

https://www.strohboid.com/en/blog/what-is-glamping
>>
File: 2024-07-14 22_54_38.png (1.11 MB, 1776x896)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
How the fuck does /out/ afford to go out
>>
File: 1698355621575373.gif (2.02 MB, 500x391)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB GIF
>>2754795
>community
>not mingle with the poor
>>
File: finlandbashaexample.jpg (167 KB, 900x582)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>2754788
Depends on where you live.
In bongland you can get a rollmat + sleeping bag/bivvy + lean-to shelter (basha) from milsurp channels for well under £200, possibly £100. You could literally use a tarp sheet and string for the basha. I have one, it was like £14.

Then you can just walk to where you need to go innawoods.
>>
>>2754949
Thought he said he was in Canada
>>
>>2755209
You’re allowed to go in a woods in Bongland?
>>
File: anonisacriminal.jpg (112 KB, 783x603)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>2755216
Fuck no. But what are they going to do? Send police helicopters after us?
If anything it gives a non-larp reason to use stealthy methods and camo. But even if you're brazen 95% of people do not give enough of a shit to call 999 on you.
>>2755215
Please be patient I'm retarded.
In which case having a car/motorbike is the limiting factor. If you have one then you've got more than enough places to camp. If not, well yeah you are too poor.
>>
>>2754788
>took a spot in med school
>took a spot in residency
>took a spot as a neurosurgeon at a hospital
Why am I supposed to feel bad for this guy again? I have zero sympathy for this guy when he effectively took away a spot in these positions away from someone who would've been a long term physician. The video was a 45 minute sob story about him realizing medicine is a business. Like no fucking shit.
>>
>>2754788
no
>>
>>2754788
if you aren't making 6 figures these day's you're not really trying. most of out is either rich or on welfare. a whole lot of "out" people leech off the system that those of us who pay taxes fund.
>>
>>2755247
>if you aren't making 6 figures these day's you're not really trying. most of out is either rich or on welfare. a whole lot of "out" people leech off the system that those of us who pay taxes fund.
Why not both?
>>
>>2755216
No lmao.
>>
>>2755247
Money is printed out of thin air retard, you arent funding shit.
>>
>>2754788
> Going to the mountains, as a millionaire.
>>
>>2754788
no, if it was then there wouldn't be as many threads about the best gear.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.