[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5850.jpg (604 KB, 1170x1057)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
Buying a new backpack for /out , a better one then my old school bag of 5 years use, old girl isn’t holding up right, need some bag brand recommendations or any
>>
I have no idea but i am looking at 511 tactical for some of my gear…backpack and boots
>>
>>2755160
Every single thing I've owned from Mil-Tek was shit. You're better off buying chinesium.
>>
>>2755217
I have a couple of their ponchos; pretty happy with them so far.
>>
>>2755271
me too, but it's pretty hard to fuck up a rain poncho. i bought a pair of jungle boots from them once and they were really fucked up (as in they were way too big and made of fake leather). the fact that they don't offer trousers in long sizes tells me everything i need to know about their company generally
>>
>>2755160
Depends on what you like in a bag, what you need that bag to do and how long you need it to do that for. Budget and location are also issues, since those will limit your brand choices.
A generic chinesium bag may be tolerable for a casual dayhike, but it's going to cause issues for anything longer or more technical.
I guess I'd suggest looking into Savotta, Osprey or Exped.
>>
>>2755160
50€ for what, 20l? It isn't even NIR compliant despite the cost kek.
18 years ago my parents gifted me a nice 50l internal frame pack from Decathlon I'm still using, I think it costed them about that sum.
Looking at economy enrages me.
>>
>>2755160
What volume? The quality of a small pack is irrelevant, for larger ones I highly recommend "alpine" style, that is long and narrow ones whom width without counting pockets isn't larger than your back, and that when properly regulated aren't taller than your head, with a flat steel internal frame.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.