[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

-increased cold habituation
-increased fitness level
-increased body fat
there its that simple. also if you dont know how to swim yet in 2024 you are fucking retarded
>>
>>2757832
>-increased fitness level
>-increased body fat
What?
>>
>>2758052
its not that complicated to understand, you need to find the balance between being physically fit and also maintaining a decent body fat percentage. think of the typical build of a polynesian seafarer compared to some body builder who is cutting for low body fat. the fat acts as a bio-prene internal wetsuit of sorts.
>>
>>2758087
Good point. I was half trolling but also wanted to see your answer. I lift and sometimes I'm slim and other times I have bulk.
kek sorry anon just felt like being autistic pain in the ass
>>
File: wetsuit.jpg (2.97 MB, 4065x2185)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
Life jacket
They'll save your life
Wear it!
>>
>>2757832
I do my best to encourage and teach people to swim. It is a life skill that changes people's life.

Personally I'm an excellent swimmer and can swim for hours and float with little effort. I do recommend a life jacket if you're swimming a lot.

If you're swimming in boots and gear, the side swim is relatively efficient and lets you manage the other gear you're carrying. Your ruck should be waterproofed to float and should be supporting as much gear as possible. But this is advanced stuff that you should only be doing as a strong swimmer and done with practice and have safety controls.
>>
>>2758104
its ok bro i have ass burgers too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.