[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does anyone still do microstock as a side hustle?
>>
Have had stuff on Pond5 since like 2009 and shutter stock from like 2012ish. Probably still average like a couple hundred a year these days.
That shit got me through high school and college, funding all my photography needs at the time. Peaked at 2k/year on both for a while. Game changing money for a youngster.
>>
>>4306743
Lucky you started early. So saturated since around 2015. Can still make decent side income with videos though on pond5 and shitterstock
>>
File: DSC01917.jpg (2.64 MB, 5000x3333)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>4306474
all of them promote AI shit and even offer creation services, it's a fucking waste of time for photographers, especially since there are still such high requirements for anything photography to get accepted
>had an abandoned soviet era swimming pool's diving board image rejected over 'intellectual property' despite the ussr having collapsed 40 years ago
>adobe stock rejected a simple photograph of trees in fog over 'quality issues'
doesn't help that shit like unsplash exists for photographers to get good boy points in the form of views and likes while offering everything for free

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareCapture One Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)127 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution1000 dpi
Vertical Resolution1000 dpi
Exposure Time1/4000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness11.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length85.00 mm
Image Width5000
Image Height3333
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastSoft
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>4308034
Had another image rejected on Adobe Stock over 'quality issues'. A pretty simple shot of a rose in sharp focus with an 85mm F1.8. Nothing wrong with it, got accepted on every other platform uploaded to.

Took one look at the images that are supposedly performing well on Adobe Stock and they're all AI with fucked anatomy. Pretty telling on where things are going for this industry.
>>
>>4308628
Adobe is very strict with images. always have been
>>
>>4308631
Clearly not. Here's something they're happy to approve. But actual photography? Nah, fuck you.

Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
>>4308636
More of that Adobe Stock quality. Note the dress. But they'll make up your photography might have some issue that doesn't warrant approval.

>>
>>4308637
Title: glass of water

Wow, great stuff Adobe!

>>
>>4308636
I am talking about photo submissions. Ai is different and less strict
>>
>>4308642
Yeah it's frustrating. There can be absolutely nothing wrong with an image and they'll reject it, you go on the marketplace and see absolute shit getting approved.

Other platforms aren't so bad, but they're all promoting the AI nonsense. I think it's getty that is the only one that doesn't allow AI submissions whatsoever.
>>
>>4308644
stock photos don't pay for shit anyway so I don't care. video is where it's at now
>>
>>4308645
>video is where it's at now
It is, but only a matter of time until they promote the AI shit and claim the real stuff has quality issues.
>>
yeah. just so I can join the coming class action lawsuit for them using my photos to train their shitty gen ai
>>
>>4308636
that's because they use AI to vet their application process and it doesn't notice it's own gaussian noise bs. You basically need to use AI upscaling tools to get approved on their garbage stock site
>>
>>4309604
you probably agreed to it when you signed up dumbass
>>
>>4309605
yeah it's pretty clear that's the case, especially with shutterstock; had videos both rejected and approved at the same time, had to contact them and have them fix it
>>
>>4309604
most probably have you already agreeing to it, others would defend themselves like shutterstock by giving you a payout if your photograph was used to train generative pajeetshit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.