[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rhtrh.png (1.94 MB, 1020x797)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
When you realize editing photos sucks and you should of just brought a Fuji...
>>
>when you realize everything takes effort and camera companies don't pay tens of image engineers for nothing
>>
>>4308822
>should of
dumb ESL
>>
>>4308822
editing photos takes less than 3 minutes unless you're fixing issues commited when you shot the photography or doing detailed doctori-
>fuji enjoyer
or being a fag as well.
All you're doing is choosing the instagram-tier effects, either in-camera a priori or in Adobe Slop-o-Shop.
>>
>>4308822
> should of just brought a Fuji
Cause the xtrans worms and shitty colours are unfixable and not worth trying, therefore saving you editing time?
>>
>>4308840
don't forget the soft lenses
>>
>>4308822
or you can just not edit photos?
it's that easy
>>
>>4308822
>when you realize photography is and has always been more than just releasing the shutter
>>
>when you realize pre-editing on camera is a drag and fujis are overpriced trash marketed to women pursuing a retro chic style, not real cameras
No photo because the decisive moment passed you by while you flipped through vsco filters and hdr settings

Smart people give up, dumb people start snapping backs of heads and underexposed shrubs
>>
>>4308822
When you realize every camera can shoot jpeg and load “film sims” and fuji is literal junk

https://www.google.com/search?q=fujifilm+weather+sealing+failure
>>
>>4308822
>Editing sucks
Meanwhile fujifags resort to editing in shit software like darktable or running time consuming enhance features in lightroom because xtrans is defective by design and current prices make it a poor proposition over a full frame sony (which ironically has better weather sealing)
>>
>>4308838
>nophoto
>>
>>4308905
darktable is the thinking man's processor
>>
If I had a fuji my camera would be dead by now and before it died i'd be pulling my hair out over the dilemma between 1: how fucking miserable shooting jpeg is (jpeg shooters UNIRONICALLY stand around toggling white balances and picture controls and double checking exposure instead of taking photos, thinking thats filmic when negative film could be shot with fixed settings in all light and turn out perfectly) 2: how miserable trying to clean up after xtranny's design flaws is
>use darktable
>set it to markenstein 3 pass
>no wait use lightroom enhance
>still have worms in capture one? try running topaz denoise before sharpening
>what do you mean "the reds are smeared" its fuji's trademark filmic color science just like overexposed portra
>actual film: ektar, amazing reds, portra +1, faded but still detailed
>>
>>4308932
Dorktable is the processor for the exact kind of nerd who thinks he is automatically smarter than windows users and is blessed with mad computer skills because he installed arch linux.
>>
>>4308930
i don't need to post anything to state that fact, neither would a photo prove anything about it you massive cum guzzler.
>>
>>4308934
>use dorktable on winblows
i exist on another level
>>
>>4308930
>irrelevant coping term
You suck at editing and you have no patience. You don't deserve to have the results you seek until you're willing to learn how to reach them yourself.
>>
>>4308930
Editing takes ~5s per photo unless something is really fucked. Maybe you're used to it taking longer on fuji because you need to fuck about with dorktable/rawtherapist or wait for LR's enhance feature or some AI shit to solve your worm problems. But on normal cameras the top 3 most time consuming parts of editing are 1: picking the correct white balance for a closely related string of photos, vs. accepting camera white balance being retard 2: waiting for capture one to generate its AI masks and manually touching them up if I feel like D&B (optional) 3: fine tuning color/luma NR and sharpening, which camera jpeg engines don't even allow, and isn't really necessary under ISO 3200.

More pixel peepery people would probably add "waiting for topaz denoise sharpen" for every camera but imagine doing that lol
>>
>>4308981
>>4308984
finally intellgent posters calling on his shit takes
>>
>>4308984
Topaz users need to get executed, anything going into it comes out raped, period.
>>
>>4308973
>>4308981
>>4308984
Don’t tell me show me
>>
File: file.png (17 KB, 1121x63)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>4308991
there u go b

what do you want, a youtube vlog showing an editing process, and then some bald guy wearing a beanie flipping through film sims?
>>
>>4308984
>fine tuning NR
Fujichads dont have to worry because demosaicing includes color noise reduction dimed to eliminate all the extra moire caused by xtrans oversized green chunks
>>
>>4308991
Have someone tell you. there are 1 million guides and books about it and alteast one for your software of choice, go read to learn like anyone studying anyting idk. I'm not going to spoonfeed your dipshit ass any more than this
>>
>>4308991
Have someone else tell you. there are 1 million guides and books about it and alteast one for your software of choice, go read to learn like anyone studying anyting idk. I'm not going to spoonfeed your dipshit ass any more than this
>>
>>4308822
I have cobflicting feelings about developing. Sometimes I agree and just want to shoot SOOC but sometimes I realize editing is part of the art of it. Normally when I have a bad day (most days these days desu I'm in a rut) I hate editing too and sometimes just abandon the work because I don't think it's worth it.
>>
>>4309021
I really, really wish shooting jpeg was viable, but there's no camera on earth that can convert raws as well as a PC with some extra human control. Jpeg is just a really limited format and photos become unsalvageable. Even with onboard AI processing, the jpeg format has driven countless kids to digishits and film.
>>
>>4309017
>>4308993
No photos? I thought you could edit in 3 minutes :^(
>>
>>4309045
Fuck off, manchild. Get some lessons on basic social interaction from your dad next time.
>>
>>4309045
XD
>>
>>4309045
You're a pissy fujislug who is asking this when you're already mad because we shit on fuji. In a gear thread, where you tried to pretend foolji has redeeming qualities. I've learned you are literally the last person on /p/ who should get photos when they ask.

I did post a few in /rpt/ today. Have fun schizzing out. Editing is simple, fuji jpegs look like shit, fuji cameras are built like shit, simple as.
>>
>>4309098
all true

if i wanted a small non weather sealed apsc id buy a ricoh gr
and shoot raw
>>
>>4308822
>underexpose film photo, making editing harder
>editing sucks
>better consoom instead
>>
>>4308825
>ESL
You would be surprised. These stupid grammatical errors are are almost always from native speakers.
>>
>>4308822
Editing photos is half the fun.
Why wouldn't you want to bring the best out of your image Anon?
Sure Fuji cameras can have better than average jpegs, but you'll still be stuck with generic barely stylised images.
>>
>>4309153

That is a photo of emotion, the guys emote combined with the dark blue under exposure perfectly captures the feeling of the point about Fuji cameras.
>>
Wait wait wait the fuck out.

Does fuji camera doesn't have raw? that is why fujifags are always talking about their film sims?
>>
>>4309170
fuji has an inferior cfa layout that only one worthwhile program can process better than their blurry ass jpegs
>>
>>4309070
>>4309098
That’s a lot of words to still not post a photo
>>
>>4309174
May as well give up, kiddo. You're only making yourself look even more like an ass.
>>
File: L1054228.jpg (679 KB, 1500x1009)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>4308822
When you realize editing photos doesn't have to be difficult and you should just have bought a Leica

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelM8 Digital Camera
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2024:04:06 22:01:40
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1009
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000032A5
>>
>>4308825
I’m native English speaker, I think I make this error often too.
>>
>>4309180
How much did you get yours for?
>>
>>4309202
'bout 1200 dollars. It was either that or an X-Pro so I went with the bucket list cam.
>>
>>4309224
That's pretty cheap compared to what I usually see them for.
Still too expensive for me though.
Do you use an IR cut filter or do you like the colours as they are?
>>
>>4309180
>people who have no problems with editing:
>leica users, canon users, nikon users, panasonic users
>people who blame editing for their photography sucking: fuji users
Curious. There must be something wrong with fuji.
>>
>>4309226
Haven't gotten around to buying a filter yet but colours are fine. Greens are maybe a tad yellow sometimes but it makes for warm pics.

>>4309265
After owning canons, nikons, fuji, leica, and a panasonic and faffed with a sony I've noticed that fujis do benefit from a little colour tweaking to look optimal while the rest mostly just need contrast adjustments to get the vibe you're looking for.
Still loved my fuji tho.
>>
File: file.png (828 KB, 1148x590)
828 KB
828 KB PNG
>>4309265
Xtrans has lower color resolution than bayer for the same reason bayer has lower color resolution than foveon. Because photographers universally test gear on black and white charts, they never noticed this. Fuji really loses color accuracy and detail on objects with a lot of red or blue and false color artifacts are common before additional post-prcoessing if you don't use the corpsifying SOOC jpeg engine and opt for FOSS software that gives you unnecessary amounts of control (or, unnecessary for normal cameras).

It was never that xtrans prevented moire, it moves it to a different frequency and below that it just gets lost.

To be a fujifag, and expect a photo to look detailed above IG resolutions, is to spend way too much time in an editor. I think they're also where the anti-pixel-peeping culture comes from because there's no logical reason to be against enjoying a larger photo. Not everything is about "the vibe".
>>
File: file.png (877 KB, 1158x604)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
>>4309299
Interesting line artifacts

There's probably a reason unrelated to processing that kept xtrans off GFX cameras. GFX cameras are big, they could shove two flagship smartphones and a huge battery in there.
>>
>>4309265
>Curious. There must be something wrong with fuji.
There's something wrong with their users too, you can spot the fuji stan and the photographs molested by Xtrans 2 seconds after the sighting of either
>>
>>4309176
You’re old *and* a nophoto?
>>
>>4309316
we're all hasphotos here but this is a fuji gear thread, made by an angry fuji user, and we all know how foolish it is to post photos for angry fuji users unless you enjoy negative attention

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.