[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So on Facebook this dumbass was practically begging me for a day to sell my dslr camera (pentax k-x) to him for like $50 less than I listed it, and I gave in because he gave me a sob story about being new to Texas and wanting to be a influencer. So I drive 15 minutes to meet with him, another 15 minutes waiting for him, and show him the camera and how it works. This fool whips out his iphone and starts comparing the iphone display to the screen on the camera saying the quality isn't as good.

I politely explained how he couldn't compare the big OLED screen on his 2020s iphone made to watch 60fps 4k videos in 2000 pixel resolution or w/e, to the small lcd screen on a dslr camera made in 2010. It literally only exists to display the settings and a small preview of the picture/videos, so you can then look at the actual quality on your PC through the memory card. Then this idiot didn't even know what a memory card is! I actually had to explain what it was and where he could buy one. And after all that he says, "sorry bro the quality is not good, I just use my iphone" and drives off...

Maybe zoomers actually are technologically illiterate. This fool ruined my day.
>>
>>4309066
Was he non-white?
>>
>>4309066
>Pentax
found your problem
>>
>>4309066
Yes they are tech illiterate, but that dude is dumb as well.
>>
>>4309066
Your fault for not bringing a printed image to show him what the good quality is.
>>
File: IMG_20240501_043548_948.jpg (201 KB, 1280x761)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
Seems like he did you a favor, now you dont need to sell it to him for 50 bux less completely guilt free
>>
>>4309066
Why do dslrs look like plastic toys?
>>
>>4309157
People care more about weight and cheapness of MSRP than they do about magnesium. Those who use cameras as tools over fashion items also care more about ergonomics than looks so cameras in the dslr era were usually very utilitarian (blobby). The red thing in the OP pic was an attempt to make a DSLR look cooler and it didn't work. Looking cool was merely the domain of point and shoots until mirrorless tech actually shrunk cameras back down to a size designers could actually work with (to make silver 70s SLRs both because they fuck and the designers have no imagination).
My point is that most cameras from the 00s were kinda sexless unless they were ungodly expensive experiments for rich madlads, like that one Epson Rangefinder thing.
>>
In a similar vein I've had clients treat me less seriously when I moved from my ancient Nikon DSLR to a newer Canon R5 (itself no slouch)
Merely the kachank-kachank of the mirror slam was enough to inspire confidence in my photographic ability.

When I briefly rented the Fuji medium format camera I had people asking me to bring it back even though the results were almost identical.

I should just move over to a 12x9. Dumb peasants.
>>
>>4309179
Even peasants appreciate the joys of reflex.
>>
>>4309136
>printed image
zoomers probably cannot understand the concept of physical media. It's alien to them
>>
Apparently lots of zoomers can't do basic tasks on computers anymore.
>>
>>4309221
Like what?
>>
>>4309172
>My point is that most cameras from the 00s were kinda sexless
Pentax has carried that feature over into the present day
>>
>>4309227

Well late Gen Z and then Gen Alpha (generation following zoomers).

Stuff like they can't type on a keyboard, they don't know what local files on a computer are, they don't know what folders on a computer are, they don't know how to save files on a computer, they can't do proper Google searches with specific keywords, can't connect to Wi-fi etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Professors/comments/1av6d6r/gen_z_are_computer_illiterate/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeachingUK/comments/ulxosl/is_computer_literacy_at_an_all_time_low/

https://www.theverge.com/22684730/students-file-folder-directory-structure-education-gen-z
>>
>>4309172
>le real tools for real pros
It was because these pieces of shit were either glued to a tripod or glued to a 24-70 and never used for real photography, just clothing ads and weddings. Hence leica stayed in business and fuji managed to capture a market selling otherwise defective garbage.
>>
>>4309266
the early dslr era was bad enough for cameras like the fm3a to sell to a significant number of people

and it continues! look at canon and nikon - canon is still the worst (at least nikon is slightly less blobby now and has uh, 3 small lenses)
>>
Age has nothing to do with it, that's just the standard selling-shit-to-strangers-in-person experience.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.