[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1693813013349838.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Are FPV drones just a fad? I was going to make a thread on /g/ but I guess it belongs here since I'm planning making money with one. I know they're not very artistic but I'm thinking about commercial real state and agricultural shooting. Do they have a future in that?
>>
>>4310034
>I'm planning making money with one
freelance drone use seems to be settling into a service industry type of niche, like home inspections, land surveys, etc. Not something that comes to mind as needing FPV vs a "traditional" drone. In movies/tv they still use them but "drone shots" are not a big wow effect like they used to be, so i doubt any sort of production would go out of their way to hire a service, rather than have some lowly union dude rig one up. what was your plan to make money?
>>
>>4310058
>what was your plan to make money
start with normies who are still impressed by drone shots. Weddings, events, concerts, business promotions, even motocross dudes and normies who want something flashy to post on social media. Then when I can afford a bigger drone move on to land surveys and that kind of thing.
>>
>>4310034
Yeah they got big in Ukraine but I think it's just a passing fad
>>
>>4310034
they're not a fad because they enable basically anyone to do aerial photography. There will always be demand for people that can do that
>>
File: IMG_20240212_213340.jpg (3.52 MB, 5472x3648)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB JPG
>>4310034
I still think most people would rather hire out a helicopter with a $10,000 gimbal that can't get as close to anything, requires permits out the nose, makes a shit ton of noise and wind and cost 2000X more than some guy with a toy airplane
>>
>>4310034
Why do these idiots put the antennae close to their head?
>>
I know a guy who does commercials and shit and he gets brought on set even if they dont need him just in case the crane or the dolly cant quite do the job.
>>
>>4310034
in burgerland? it could've been big if most cities and states didn't basically ban them
>>
>>4310444
What would you prefer? In the ass?
>>
>>4310034
Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing. It looks fun to do and I love high speeds. Are there any good resources for learning how to get good at it? Is there a good beginner drone that's affordable?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.