[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2047.png (458 KB, 735x715)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>creamy
>dreamy
>soft
>fallout
>BOKEH

Mfw. What are some other photography memes that drive you crazy? I get that good bokeh is about the only thing that separates us from phone pics but come on either obsession already.
>>
>Muh digital noise
>ahhhh ahhhhh it burns
>I need to never raise the iso I need to us ai!
fuck off already
>>
>muh compression
people are talking about compression as a specific quality/feature of a particular lens model rather than recognizing the optical qualities behind it. Some retard on Instagram tried to tell me that the compression on their Sony lens was better than that of a Nikon lens at the same focal length.
on that topic, Sony as a whole has become a rampant cult meme.
>>
>>4311728
>calls another person a retard
>uses plural "their" instead of his/her
pot calling the kettle black
he was just letting you know his Sony lens has better image quality overall than the equivalent Nikon, who cares if he used the wrong word.
>>
>colour science
Especially shitting on sony because it apparently does something to skin tones, a green tint iirc. Can't say I've noticed anything horrendous even on sooc jpegs, and it's not like colours can't be adjusted
>>
>This camera's a REAL workhorse
>>
>>4311730
>implies another anon is a retard
>is unaware of basic usage
>https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/grammar/pronouns/gendered_pronouns_and_singular_they.html
faggot.
>>
>>4311730
>just ESL things
>>
>>4311813
>calls someone a faggot
>his own link admits it's political and copes about its gramatical incorrectness by saying language is genderfluid
>>
>taking it to the next level
>game changer
>clients
>workflow
>presets

>>4311780
To this day I have no clear idea of what this phrase is supposed to imply. It just feels like something they say to start the paragraph about the things they like about the camera rather than a phrase with any specific meaning.
>>
>>4311831
>I have no clear idea of what this phrase is supposed to imply
It means that they have utilized the camera or lens in some way (or imagined that they (could) have) instead of it entirely being an act of discretionary consumption.
>>
>>4311857
>instead of it entirely being an act of discretionary consumption
Ahhh.. so it's a cope. They want to imply that the gear has made them money, but since they haven't actually made any money with it, they just say it's done a lot of work for them, making it a 'workhorse'. They are so sigma-pilled and hussle-maxxing that they have given themselves a mental illness where everything is only justifiable if it is profitable or building to an ROI
>>
>watch gear review
>they go on about how good or bad a lens is and I can't tell any difference
>>
>>4311933
Usually they are referring to things that don't matter like chromatic aberration, corner softness, and distortion. The fact of the matter is that with a few exceptions almost all lenses made since the 60s have been more than good enough for everything except extremely technical photography.

But as a reviewer you can't say everything is good because then it it's not really a review. So they create artificial product separation where the differences are technically real, but actually meaningless with regard to the photo output. Same goes for autofocus.
>>
>>4311831
'game changer' makes me seethe every time. youtubers can't stop saying this dumb phrase when it clashes hideously with every other piece of their diction. it sounds like something an out of touch boomer thinks culturally relevant young scammers and grifters say. i one time heard it in real life and got whiplash
>>
>>4311817
faggot.
>>
>>4311813
see
>>4311817

"It" is singular
"They" is plural
There are two sexes (gender is made up)

>>4311815
American education on full display
Poor little zoomers cannot even understand basic grammmatic concepts
>>
>>4312009
>There are two sexes (gender is made up)
Truth

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.