[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

When are gonna nips restart the digishit production? Will they restart the production at all?
While one might think that digishits are no longer needed due to phones, it is not the case. Phones are too small to jam good optics inside, especially zoom lenses.
So argument of "we won't make cameras that can be replaced with a phone" is kinda full of shit.
I think what did stop the sales of digishits, is corona. People bought digishits when they were traveling and realized that their phone kinda sucks. Or alternatively, they didn't just want to drain their phone battery in middle of nowhere in country where they don't speak local language for shit.

Seeing the success of Fuji X100VI or whatever it's called and similar big-ish sensor cameras, I wonder if they will start making bridge or compact cameras with smaller sensor but zoom lenses so you can get in close up and personal?
Or the success (of sort) Taiwanese Kodak digishits that are literally 2012 low-end digishit that is still manufactured today for some reason.

Think about it. Imagine what can you achieve with a modern phone sensor (which are quite big these days, 1/1.7" etc.), coupled with much bigger lens!
>>
File: April-BCN (1).jpg (42 KB, 700x495)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Taiwan numba one!
>>
File: landfill.jpg (25 KB, 466x351)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
they still make em yknow
https://www.amazon.com/PIXPRO-Friendly-FZ55-BK-Digital-Optical/dp/B09ZRN1N3Z
>>
>>4330727
I know.
>landfill
Idk, less of a landfill than aliexpress camera with phone sensor and lens.

Problem is that Kodak (Taiwanese OEM digishit) is bit too shit. I don't think 140 mm equivalent digishits make that much sense. If sensor is small 1/2.3" piece of shit (possibly CCD lol), it would make more sense to couple it with 28-450mm equivalent lens or smth like that, because otherwise there is no real benefit over a phone.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.