[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8780.jpg (22 KB, 400x300)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>
>>14379773
because a shoot retarded homosexual doing gay flips for 30 mins that is super choreographed isn't a fight
>>
>>14379773
>Okada with actual definition to his body
I don't remember this period at all. When was it?
>>
>>14379773
the truth is, there aren’t many draws left in wrestling. The Rock is pretty much the only person who actually noticeably moves everything upwards, other than that, no individuals are actually draws anymore. So knowing that + Tony’s flaws as a promoter already (yes I know WWE is flawed too in different way don’t respond console warring), and you get a weak return.
>>
File: Hulkster truth .webm (3.39 MB, 540x810)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB WEBM
>>14379797
Looking at nxt and aew’s young talent (I mentioned both so no console crying) you already know they won’t be massive stars. Wrestling is struggling to find draws anywhere. Even the Hulkster mentions this here in webm related
>>
>>14379797
the only way this can be solved is paying a shit ton of money to actors (with real following) to wrestle. get ryan gosling against la knight
>>
File: 1702370079568600.jpg (8 KB, 258x196)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>14379773
Because they're in AEW and Tony Khan has been the booker there for the last 5 years.

Tony has cooled off his own company. You can't expect a few new deck hands to stop the Titanic from sinking.

Sasha could go back to WWE and sell a lot more merch than she is in AEW, but she wouldn't move the needle on ratings or PPV.

Osprey could go to WWE and after a strong 12 month push probably move the needle a little bit, but nothing like Roman did.

Okada can't speak English so he'd just be a mid-card jobber in WWE. The modern Japanese Stronk style of physical charisma just doesn't work with the majority of Western audiences, and its made even worse for Okada because there would be nothing impressive about him physically in the WWE to sell that style. At least he's considered tall in AEW and has somewhat of a built in audience for the live shows, even though its not coming across with the TV audience in the ratings so far.
>>
>>14379833
>Wrestling is struggling to find draws anywhere. Even the Hulkster mentions this here in webm related
Friendly reminder that millennials killed the business just like they killed everything else. That's all there is to it. Same thing happened to books, movies, music, video games, you name it. No one can prove me wrong on this, the facts speak for themselves.
>>
>>14379859
>books
What happened?
>>
>>14379856
Okada needs to juice and have a mouth piece like Paul Heyman
>>
>>14379773
They aren't draws and Tony Con's show is a joke
>>
>>14379773
The only one who has legitimately had no impact so far is Mercedes. And even her debut got a milly for its quarter. Once she actually starts wrestling and is actively involved more week to week her presence will be felt more. Okada isn't new to AEW. He's had a few matches for them over the years. He's only just signed. But to say him and Ospreay haven't changed anything while also saying no console warring almost feels pretty disingenuous. If nothing else Okada joining the Elite has made this entire heel run for the Bucks work and all anyone's been talking about for the last 24 hours, good or bad, is the Ospreay/Bryan match. If you're speaking purely in terms of numbers then
>>14379797
>the truth is, there aren’t many draws left in wrestling
This. When the Rock showed up on Smackdown and only gave it a 3% bump in its ratings the entire discussion around individual people being a draw became completely dead. There is no one individual who should be able to make more of a difference than the fucking Rock. And that's WWE. On Fox. On free tv. So of course no one in the second biggest promotion is going to be making more waves than that. To boot, downward ratings have been a trend across all of wrestling since the mid 2000s or so. WWE's were up and entire million themselves if you look back 10 years ago. So the milly to 8-900k average makes sense when you look at that. They've had some rougher weeks for sure beyond that too. But again there is no one name that can change that the same way when NXT loaded up Cena, Cody, Undertaker, etc that one week it didn't magically get them the million either
Noting that any mentions of WWE aren't in an 'let's make it about WWE' typical console warring sort of way but merely to look at the broader picture of the wrestling altogether and even more so to speak on things where data for AEW simply just doesn't exist because it hasn't been around as long. I watch and generally enjoy both
>>
File: Millennial Literature.png (1.38 MB, 999x1340)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>14379865
>>
File: IMG_7079.jpg (130 KB, 1024x1024)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>14379859
Like always Anon never misses
>>
>>14379874
Never heard of any of those books
>>
>>14379773
Non of them speak English
>>
>>14379874
There have always been trash books. To be fair I don't read any millenial authors, though. I couldn't name you one book by someone in that age bracket despite being a late millenial myself.
>>
>>14379859
Anon millenials are only just becoming the adults of the world. Any of those industries you've mentioned, wrestling included, are all still owned and run by people much older. Picrel is irrelevant because someone older than a millenial is the one with the book or in charge or talent relations or any way you want to describe the person at the top. Even Tony Khan isn't a millenial. He's Gen X. You're just kicking and stomping your feet over nothing here
>>
File: 16351297814.jpg (148 KB, 1080x1571)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>14379877
It is what it is. You notice how as soon as millennials came of age, everything went to shit? You ever notice how so many "SJWs," "incels," "tradcucks," trannies, and other shitters are all millennials? You ever notice how millennial wine moms decimated literature (picrel)? You ever notice how Saints Row (reboot) was explictly made to be a MILLENNIAL power fantasy and millennials blamed "muh zoomers?!" It's all basic pattern recognition. As soon as millennials came into their own, suddenly cinema turned into a capeshit fuckfest. As soon as millennials came into their own, suddenly fanfic writers like Cassandra Clare and E.L James were getting six figure deals. As soon as millennials came into their own, vidya is on the verge of crashing into the abyss. On and on I could go. And all millennials will do is accuse me of being a boomer/zoomer because they cannot handle the facts. And it's funny they whine about boomers considering they fucked the world economy during the lockdowns when after over a decade of blaming their racist, transphobic, misogynistic grandparents for everything wrong with the world, suddenly the rest of us had to give up everything to save them. >>14379902 is a perfect example: "Tony Khan is Gen X, bro!" Yeah, and? Who's he pandering to? MILLENNIALS.
>>
>>14379907
>"Tony Khan is Gen X, bro!" Yeah, and? Who's he pandering to? MILLENNIALS.
You think Tony Khan is pandering to 28-43 year olds? You've lost the plot and are clearly irrational about this. I'd venture a guess that you're a boomer. Also the world went to shit after 9/11. Took a while for it to get there but that's when the general shift of things began
>>
Okada would save the company if he was made champion, it’s quite simple
>>
File: 1679353910179810.jpg (2.34 MB, 4000x4000)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>14379928
>You think Tony Khan is pandering to 28-43 year olds?
You really expect me to believe that anyone younger than 28 actually watches wrestling at all, let alone AEW? Millennials who pout and whine that it's not 199X anymore or that 199x was "too problematic" or whatever are the only people still giving a shit about wrestling today, the latter being what comprises AEW's fanbase. And there you go, calling me a boomer. Millennials are so terrified of nonconformity that they can't cope with the idea that anyone thinks differently than them, even if they're long dead. That's why so many of them rely on words like normie, incel, scrote, based, woke, foid, roastie, moid, chud, lib, boomer, zoomer, lolcow, et cetera. The millennial is immunized against all dangers: one may call him lazy, deadbeat, loser, jackass, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a millennial and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.” Hell, look at picrel. As soon as millennials came into their own, suddenly we went to the flat bullshit. It is what it is.
>9/11
You're right about that, but let's be real, millennials didn't help at all. Again, you cannot disprove the argument. Hell, millennials literally comprise all the big name mass shooters. Lanza? Millennial. Tarrant? Millennial. Cho? Millennial. Rodger? Millennial. Card? Millennial. But as always, millennials can't even do that right as a boomer still has the high score kek
>>
>>14379947
chinky winky chinatown as champ would kill them
>>
>>14379962
Brother if you think I'm reading a word of your ramblings you're sorely mistaken. Save it for facebook boomer
>>
>>14380008
>Brother if you think I'm reading a word of your ramblings you're sorely mistaken.
Yet you took the time to reply to it.
As I said:
>The millennial is immunized against all dangers: one may call him lazy, deadbeat, loser, jackass, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a millennial and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
Thanks for proving me right, bud.
>>
>>14379773
>ugly woman
>who
>whook
>>
>>14379962
The worst part is just looking at picrel I probably agree with you. Shit at the top was way better than the Apple and iPod-ification of everything after that and the boring ass corporate minimalism that's become so pervasive since. The way you speak makes you come off like complete jackoff though. It's edgelord cringe shit and really unpalatable and abrasive and gets in the way of any point you're actually trying to make. Breathe a little man. Come at things with a cooler mindset and I guarantee you you'll get more people listening
>>
>>14380015
>call them a millenial
There's a rather sizeable difference between pointing out what year and generation someone was born into and using that generation as a scapegoat and target for all of your misdirected hate and anger. Believe it or not when you try and start any sort of dialogue that way with anyone, no matter what generation they are, they're not typically going to be susceptible to listening
>>
>>14379833
Wasn't Roman the attraction though
>>
>>14379859
You're looking at it wrong. Millennial males weren't born being weak effeminate bitches. Society made them that way. Wrestling was ultimately killed by the degeneration of society.
>>
>>14379833
>Looking at nxt and aew’s young talent (I mentioned both so no console crying) you already know they won’t be massive stars
This is such a valid thing. NXT has looked so bleak to me for years. Even the best names they have don't seem promising. Tiffany is a good one who's come up and can be a star for them. Men though? Not seeing it. AEW is a little better off because they at least have all of their up and comers already intertwined with their seasoned guys so it's not as obvious. But even them there's not a ton who I see becoming much. Hook has a some value to him. Mariah May is a star waiting to happen as well which always makes me laugh when I see people console warring over her and Tiffany because they're both going to huge for their respective divisions. Maybe it's one of those things where once a spot opens up someone will step up to fill it? I hope so at least. It's definitely not like 10 years ago where NXT had a roster of ready to go main event guys who just needed to get called up and established like Rollins, Wyatt, Sami, Owens, Balor, Shinsuke, etc
>>
>>14379902
Millennials are in their 30s & 40s now. Only 28 & 29 are still part of the Millennial bracket & in two years all millennials will be in their 30s.

>>14379907
>You ever notice how Saints Row (reboot) was explictly made to be a MILLENNIAL power fantasy and millennials blamed "muh zoomers?!"

The funny part about that is the original Saints Row crew with Johnny Gat are supposed to be Millennials, they're just around tonikan's age.
Saints Row was trying to be hip with Zoomers but they were still using 70s era Gen X slang like Swagger instead of Drip. It was hilarious seeing just how out of touch Gen Y are when trying to appeal to kids because they still think that they're the young generation, when Gen Y is OLD AS FUCK!

Older millennials who are in their 40s are much closer to Gen X in mentality like Sam Hyde who would fit in with the edgy culture of the late 90s & 2000s but those types are non existent now since they all got canceled & banned every where by other Millennials lol!
>>
>>14379928
Bruh are you a millennial? You sound just as out of touch as every other damn millennial. They think they know what's hot with the young generation when Millennials are actually the group that they hate most because Gen Y act like full blown Soccer Moms. Here's a Zoomer girl talking about how when she got canceled, that nearly everyone who was cancelling her were Millenials who are twice her age lol.
https://youtu.be/hOLsuHngIbg?si=tHaXzSRIH5ORaza0&t=3058

I'm a millennial my self, but the old ass Sam Hyde type who got cancelled everywhere, by other goddamn millennials. They truly are a fucking bane to society. A lot of that SJW crap that we attribute to Zoomers are actually Millennials, most SJW zoomers are just copying Gen Y. Zoomers are those annoying Right Wing Trad Larps and even that hot zoomer bitch I linked to seems to be hard Right wing judging by what she said in that interview. She straight up says that she wants nothing to do with the Left but seems to speak fondly of tradcucks.
>>
>>14379873
>Once she actually starts wrestling and is actively involved more week to week her presence will be felt more.
Kek. The more that Mone's presence is felt the more people will tune out.
>Okada joining the Elite has made this entire heel run for the Bucks work
Nobody gives a fuck about the Young Cucks' heel run and pairing Okada with them has only served to cement him as a midcarder. AEW was averaging 800k before Mone, Ospreay, and Okada signed. Now they're averaging 700k. Yeah they had an impact but it was a negative impact.
>>
>>14380107
men
>Trick Williams
>Julius Creed
>Ilja Dragunov
>Lexis King
>Riley Osborne
>Von Wagner
>Carmelo Hayes
>Bron Breakker

all of them wrestle differently, look different, cut promos different, and have a very bright future
>>
>>14379773
Because they're not very good and they're being booked by the worst booker of all time.
>>
>>14380127
Grug was fired I think?
>>
>>14380132
that is some fucking bullshit right there.
>>
>>14380086
Muh Degeneracy! That's such a Millennial answer. They think a return to Muh Christ will solve anything when they'll just be SJWs of another name. How do I know, because we already lived through it during the Bush era's Evangelical Christcucks (both Bushes. Clinton was still basically Bush, especially if you know about Waco & Ruby Ridge, the original Jan 6 psy-op.) One thing that I've always liked about Gen X (The 90s & 2000s era) is they understood that Right & Left wing can both go SUCK IT, DX. I was born in 83, so I was old enough to remember what the world was like. I was going to school back when they still taught us to hide under the desk in fear of Nukes. That was my generation's version of the Tranny (As in a government psy-op to make you fear a nothing burger.) The Nuke scare & the Cia Drug wars.

Trannies are annoying pieces of shit but the way Millennials scapegoat them as TEH DEVIL is hilarious because they're too young to remember the CIA psy-op of the Drug War, Gangsta Rap & Gangs which killed way more youths than any other corporatized movement I can think of. That Tranny shit will destroy more lives in the long run but it's party due to Millennials turning them into a much bigger issue than it needs to be since not one of them learned anything from the fake Drug wars.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Troons are just a Big Pharma money scheme to create eternal patients for life much like how the Drug Wars was the Military Industrial Complex's means of hardening up the gen x & older millenials so they could be stupid enough to join the War on Terrorism. Even I almost joined, but nearly all of my childhood friends are dead AYY LMAO coz they died for Israel. At the time, none of us were aware of that and the only people saying anything were executed like Bill Cooper or they were Alex Jones, who was always viewed as a joke even in the 90s but it's funny that he keeps being right. It's almost as if he's in on it. (He is.)
>>
>>14379773
When a geek buys an expensive collector's edition action figure from Japan does it change the world? It simply increases the collector's happiness, for 5 minutes.
>>
>>14379773
It all literally just comes down to booking. Other than the prospect of “they work here now” what has AEW sold to us about these 3? That they’re cool and that they can wrestle. Well so can everyone else and they haven’t been able to draw either. Tony really needs to just have a co Booker or something
>>
>>14379773
because the product and fanbase literally repel new viewers. tony only caters to an audience that specifically doesn't want new viewers.
>>
>>14379773
Because the brands are the draws now.
>>
>>14379773
Well for Sasha her popularity was greatly exaggerated. For the other two chumps, good graps don't draw. Never have. Never will.
>>
>>14379773
MoNeigh sucks
>>
>>14380254
millennials are lean heavily liberal. i blame this on george bush convincing a generation that democrats are good guys. i say this as a millennial. i didn't read anything else you said.
>>
>>14379773
>women wrestling is never a draw unless they are hot and slutty, sasha is bald and ugly
>will is the most over guy in the company by far, tony khan's atrocious booking is why the ratings are low but if the keep pushing him as the face of the company they might recover a bit
>any impact that okada might have had got killed on arrival by being associated with the bucks(biggest antidraws in history)
>>
>>14379859
>mvp as the first example of a good wrestler
sup tyrone
>>
>>14379773
>why haven’t they changed literally anything?
because contrary to what an elderly jew and his followers think being able to cut a promo and having charisma is more important than the actual wrestling itself. look at hogan, sid vicious, the rock n roll express, dusty rhodes. none of them had 5 star matches with dozens of flips and dozens of near falls because they didnt need to. what they had to say and how they said it drew people to the arena
>>
Having enjoyed wrestlemania and dynasty I wish there was someone to blame for wrestling not having an uptick in business but we'll see how ratings far in the coming months/years since eyeballs on your product is the most important signal of longevity
>>
>>14380511
enjoy becky lynch retard lfaoooo
>>
>>14379773
Mercedes changed my flaccid dick to an erect dick
>>
better than watchin current sloppy shop lmfaoo
>>
>>14379859
>vince buys wcw
>fires everyone based and pushes PG era shit
>everyone tunes out
>this is all of the millenials fault
based zoomer crying again about the big bad millienials taking away his joy in life
>>
>>14379907
>how Saints Row (reboot) was explictly made to be a MILLENNIAL power fantasy and millennials blamed "muh zoomers?!"
millennials dont wear purple hair and act like overly inclusive zoomers. nerd chic is all you. and the game failed because it tried to be fortnite gta, something you should have liked.
>>
>>14379907
Zero lies and im a millennial. Were the worst generation that ever lived. Even saying that is typical millennial self deprecation by me - its too late for me, but maybe you guys can escape
>>14379928
Millennial refusing to accept responsibility. The most obvious shit in the universe
>>
>Okada and Ospreay
I think we have already long ago established that the only people who draw in wrestling are larger than life charismatic characters, and Okada and Ospreay are neither nor. Both of their gimmicks are guy in wrestling tights who le wrestles a certain style which only appeals to internet marks particularly well and those internet marks are already watching the show. Okada literally can't speak Engrish and Ospreay is an ok promo at best. They're a niche product for niche audiences.
>Mercedes
Women don't draw simple as. And even if they did I'm sure normalfag people have a lot of prejudice towards tuning into the 'B' fed's show, I remember the way my friends reacted back in school regarding TNA even when they brought in megastars like Sting and Hogan
>>
>>14380686
kek true.
>>
>>14380740
>I think we have already long ago established that the only people who draw in wrestling are larger than life charismatic characters
dont even have to be larger than life look at dusty or cactus jack, you just need to be entertaining on the mic or in a decent feud which nobody today is. i remember eric embry getting hella over years ago and he was only 5'8 and had no muscle tone at all. just a good talker in a good feud
>>
obese smark shit doesn't draw i'm afraid
>>
File: Vaccines.jpg (99 KB, 443x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>14380086
>Millennial males weren't born being weak effeminate bitches. Society made them that way
Actually childhood vaccination made it that way. In 1984-1986 they got rid of old rules limiting the number of vaccines that could be given to children, this is also when they gave Pharma 100% legal immunity from those vaccines causing harm, this is also when they started using Thermosil (which contains mercury) as a preservative to give those vaccines a longer shelf life and increase their profits.

tl;dr Millennials were basically poisoned by greedy Jews that then unleashed a wave of SSRI prescription drugs as a "cure" for the vaccine side effects. Then you throw in micro plastics leaching into everything and you have your reason for plummeting sperm counts, the new trend of children being smaller and less developed than their parents and grandparents, and rise in gayness.
>>
>>14381010
>its the vaaaaax
you chinamen are the dumbest faggots on earth. nobody is scared of any vax or any dumb memes youre still trying to convince people of
>>
>>14381010
What book is that from

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.