[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Which company put on a better show at their peaks?
>>
>>14379795
AEW. almost every ppv team except worlds end has been fantastic. Tna has some great matches, but their overall shows have always been either a mixed bag or a total disaster
>>
>>14379795
if you assume TNA’s peak was 2006ish, AEW is easily worse. TNA made bad choices but none of them anywhere near as bad as Tony is at being a coherent booker.
>>
>>14379816
nah AEW is better by a mile. TNA only has one 5 star match
>>
>>14379795
I don't really think the two are even comparable. Outside of the X Division, especially those AJ/Joe/Daniels matches, TNA wasn't exactly notorious for leaving fans happy with their booking. Even if they had a good show they'd overbook something or have something shitty in the middle of things somewhere. Not to say AEW hasn't had its own shortcomings and downfalls but as a whole they always deliver with their ppvs. They've also given WWE a far, far better run for their money than TNA ever has or ever could
>>
>>14379795
The fact AEW sisters are making cope threads measuring themselves against FUCKING TNA says everything you need to know.
>>
File: aj styles lone wolf.jpg (90 KB, 1200x800)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>14379795
TNA gave me my favorite Styles looks so TNA.
>>
>>14379820
You're trolling.
>>
>>14379795
tna easily, aew just heavily features literal trannies like will osprey and adam cole, at least tna made fun of trannies like bruce and OP
>>
AEW has no soul. It's just match after match after match. They don't do backstage segments, there's no character development. It's just a random match with no build up slapped together with another and another.
>>
>>14379795
TNA , more with less every time.
>>
>>14379795
Show an AEW equivalent of this. If you can't then TNA is better than that gay shit.
https://youtu.be/3YR3jHMWVZY?si=KdHj0DytiFE6wjTg
>>
>>14379795
AEW better matches, TNA better shows.
TNA has the smarkbait Meltzer wankfests but then also had actual wrestling that people who have sex could enjoy. Best of both worlds.
>>
All time TNA moments:
>Flair Jay lethal promo
>Steiner math promo
>X division
>sting unmasking to reveal hes sting

All time AEW moments:
>cartwheels
>>
>>14379795
2007 TNA mogs most every wrestling show in history, let alone AEW
>>
>>14379795
Peak TNA was dimes
>>
TNA was a show where everyone wanted the young guys to be pushed, only for the old guys to always bury them.
>>
>>14380440
Sting unmasking as sting happened in WCW and AEW as well, smark
>>
>>14380440
+ most of the peak kurt angles moments
>>
>>14379795
just the Joe vs Angle matches alone mogs everything in gAyEW, its not even close
>>
>>14379795
typed a whole paragraph to justify why i think peak aew was better to prove i'm not an aewtist but then i realized none of you are real
>>
>>14379795
Time traveler here, neither has hit their peak yet
>>
>>14379795
TNA. No fucking question.
>>
>>14381619
what are their respective peaks like then? give specific details.
>>
>>14379832
>I don't really think the two are even comparable
AEW and TNA are extremely comparable for all the wrong reasons. They both started out strong but eventually they became obsessed with taking shots at WWE, started hiring all the ex-WWE talent they could, shafted their originals for shiny new toys, entered a state of irreversible decline, and lost their TV deals. AEW is literally just a speedrun of TNA's mistakes(which itself was a speedrun of WCW's mistakes).
>>
>>14381631
TNA takes over India since pajeets can't afford Netflix by utilizing all the fired Indian wrestlers feuding with Pakistani Tony Khan.

Omega comes back and has a 2 years long title reign with Okada 5 and Danielson being highlights.
>>
>>14380371
Jeff's emo title reign was shit though.
>>
>>14379795
I'm a TNA mark but ppvs are one thing AEW does well on a consistent basis. I don't give a shit about dynamite or rampage but AEW ppvs are usually better than abyone elses big shows
>>
>>14379795
TNA absolutely rapes AEW in every single way. Talent, shows, announcing, matches, and storylines. You cant be serious. Im talking 2005-2011
>>
There are probably less than 5 aew matches that don’t have a mood killing botch or spots that require guys to visibly help each other into position or just straight up laziness in execution. Any other promotion that existed before 2009 is going to be by default better than AEW.
>>
>>14379795
TNA, people are still talking about things like Kurt Angle's run there meanwhile anything that happens in AEW is forgotten a week later.
>>
>>14381689
>TNA takes over India since pajeets can't afford Netflix by utilizing all the fired Indian wrestlers feuding with Pakistani Tony Khan.
dimes i'm a sucker for wrestling markets outside of the big 3 so i hope this actually somehow happens
>>
>>14381689
I choose to believe you anonymous internet man.
>>
>>14379795
Peak TNA was better but the lows were lower than anything AEW has done
>>
>>14383277
this
>>
>>14379795
Highest Drawing events - TNA (History) / AEW (2019-20) - Ranked
>1) 14,000 - The Inner Circle (Jericho) vs The Elite (Omega)
>2) 11,000 - Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega
>3) 10,000 - Chris Jericho vs Hangman Adam Page
>4) 9,000 - Chris Jericho vs Darby Alin
>5) 8,500 - Chris Jericho vs Cody Rhodes
>6) 7,000 - Chris Jericho vs Jon Moxley
>7) 7,000 - Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy
>8) 6,100 - Chris Jericho vs Scorpio Sky
>9) 6,000 - Jericho and Sammy vs Hangman / Dustin
>10) 6,000 - Jon Moxley vs. Pac
>11) 6,000 - Team Angle vs Team Cage
>>
>>14379795
TNA pre Eric bischoft and Hogan was a better wrestling show than aew ever will.
>>
>>14383987
Why couldn't Kurt Angle draw?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.