[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 213123124.jpg (54 KB, 850x478)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Has this partnership helped NJPW in any way?
>>
>>14380151
Yes. Helped kill it.
>>
Death by papercuts. Tony Khancer is a wolf in sheep's clothing only in it to benefit himself.
>>
>>14380151
Western shows have been doing better in attendance. Danielson and Omega have competed in new japan among others as well. Stardom girls being featured on the shows and will be present at forbidden door 3. Moxley is gonna have more dates at new japan shows. There you go, Lil bro
>>
>>14380194
>Stardom girls on ROH which no one watches
>Warshed Moxley fighting Hobbs
hahahahaha TK will be responsible for the downfall of three organizations, AEW, Stardom, and NJPW.
>>
>>14380194
Okay, now tell me why so many Japanese NJPW fans stopped watching the product ever since this partnership happened?
>>
>>14380151
nah. nooj bent over for the wrong company.
>>
>>14380151
Yes, it has helped NJPW decline in both ticket sales, profit, and prestige
>>
They didn't want to lose their talent to WWE, so instead they lost their talent to AEW, smart move.
>>
>ticket sales pick up with Naito as champ because people just want him to have a nice, long reign
>take the title off of Naito
>ticket sales die
>>
>>14380348
Because most of their old gaurd can't go like they used to and they have failed to push anyone new that can rebuild the yen.

>>14380225
Bitch your ass will hate watch anything related to aew to get a le epic win. Don't even kid yourself
>>
>>14380492
Wwe is getting their coconut crew battle pack from New japan.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1713873544748.jpg (39 KB, 500x639)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>
>>14380348
Mostly covid.
>>
>>14381361
>I receive Jay White
>You receive Jay White getting buried
That doesn't make a lick of sense, anon.
>>
>>14381361
New Japan is a lot more desperate to get some, any form of viewership than AEW because they don’t have a rich sugar daddy to fall on. AEW has all the leverage and Tony will make those folks dance for his entertainment for as long as this remains the case.
>>
Money.
>>
>>14381378
Imagine building someone as a credible threat only for the company he goes to to make him into a clown that carries a cardboard cutout of himself and loses to Billy Gunn, like I would expect shit like this from Vince.
>>
>>14381558
Okay but he doesn't work for New Japan anymore. New Japan has already made all of the money they're going to make off of Jay White either way. His booking after he leaves doesn't affect them.
>>
>>14381404
Yeah Yen is trash and Bushiroad is broke. Richie Rich is bailing their asses out because he is a Nooj mark. Butthurt anti-aew fags are delusional
>>
Eh, the way AEW is treating them isn't any worse than how TNA jobbed out all their top guys back in the late 2000's.
>>
>>14381667
If anything it's the ROH/NJPW relationship except NJPW is in the ROH position.
>>
>>14380194
Based and truthpilled
>>14380151
AEW is doing NJPW a favour with this partnership. Tony is doing it because he loves japanese wrestling. NJPW is lucky to have someone like Tony. You Nujamals should be grateful.
>>
Tony is funding the company at this point since the Japanese economy is in the shitter
You faggot weebs should be grateful because if not for this deal NJPW and Stardom would be dead like the rest of Bushiroad's other departments
>>
NJPW is to AEW what NXT is to WWE
Tony got himself a developmental
>>
>>14381640
I don't follow economy that much, what caused the yen to drop anyway? Covid?
>>
>>14381913
The bank of Japan is run by nutcases, but also because of supply chain issues the weak yen hasn't really helped make their exports stronger.
>>
Crazy that the only promotion that looked good working with AEW is CMLL.

Short feud with a logical conclusion
>>
File: 1713878089308.jpg (227 KB, 711x889)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
we took jay white
we took okada
we took ospreay
we took the iwgp heavyweight belt
you got money
you got exposure
you got jungle goy (for 2 months)
you got bryan danielson (for 2 matches)
fair deal
simple as
>>
>>14381972
>>14381361
Shit like this makes me think there is some under the table funding, Tony must be paying some of NJPW's bills or something.
>>
>>14380151
NJPW needs to be bought by the Yakuza like Pride back in the day.
>>
>>14382024
Tony buys the rights for their shit when they go to AEW, so if you sign with AEW and keep your New Japan stuff they're making money from that. Add to that stuff like brand splits like from Bullet Club Gold merch and the Forbidden Door payday. Possibly some form of sweetener/compensation for the fact AEW negotiated with Will before his contract was even up with their blessing. Any time NJPW guys go to AEW over WWE is a revenue stream NJPW are still getting.
>>
>>14382024
Apparently once Tony paid for his talent to work an NWA show so it's not like something like that would be unprecedented.
>>
It's funny, they've completely raided and embarrassed New Japan, but when it came to working with Impact they gave them Kenny Omega and Christian in return for using Machine Gun and Festus as crash pads for the lucha bros.
>>
>>14382415
Those new japan guys were leaving either way, to wwe or aew.
>>
>>14382437
it's an anti-aew circlejerk; nooj guys show up in AEW and it's all "they're raiding our talent!" but Tama Tonga joins the Bloodline and it's crickets.

He's not even Samoan. He's Tongan! It's in his name and everything!
>>
>>14382517
WWE getting Tama Tonga compares to Will Ospreay, Jay White and the ace of NJPW Okada? Okay then
>>
>>14382042
Everything would be better than Tiny Coon except for maybe Koreans. Modern Koreans would somehow make the products worse and more soulless on top of bringing a far more retarded "diehard fanbase" than Trannies, Smarks and Joshipedo combined
>>
>>14380151
Yeah, made them slightly relevant.
>>
>>14382517
>Tama Tonga
>Crickets
I mean what else did you expect?
>>
>>14380161
fake news
>>
>>14383393
not everyone needs to get a stone cold pop from the crowd to be recognized as a valuable player, anon.
>>
>>14380151
I love how you fucking retards acting like this is new. NJPW did nothing but "work" with TNA for years and let their guys get jobbed out, same shit in ROH before TNA. Japan is just full of spineess cucks
>>
>>14381941
We must redouble our efforts at /auto: to spread Toyota propaganda
>>
>>14380151
rossy lost
>>
It's crazy that Shibata is wrestling regularly and New Japan won't let him do it there. He would be insanely over.
>>
>Japanese people want Naito to have a long reign
>Gedo dropped the ball so many times a lot of Japanese fans get frustrated and drop NJPW because of his Naito hate boner

I follow a lot of cute japanese fangirls on X and most of them stopped watching NJPW and moved on to other things.
>>
>>14380161
fpbp
>>
>>14384577
Mox being the IWGP champ is way different than simply jobbing out at a TNA show. That'd be like making Cawdy or Swerve lose the company belt to some fucking random jap who doesn't even work in your company. Even the Japs are whining that Tanahashit turned njpw into a Gaijin paradise. It annoys me because Tanahashit was the moron who lead the rebellion against Inoki way back but this is grand idea for NJPW? To be a bitch to the USA? Vince & Inoki actually had an agreement with each other that Vince would never try to make moves in Japan so long as Inoki was still in the game. That's why Vince didn't bother to make any moves until the 2010s.
The new management, they just get dicked down by Tonikan who is nowhere near as capable as vincetty. Tanahashi is legit popular with the nujap audience but I think Tanahashit listens to way too much internet because he's seem be in the same exact echo chamber as the Meltzer iwc.

I don't fucking care though. I'm enjoying the nujamal tears. I hate gayew, and I did like njpw a few years ago but if they're this retarded then they deserve it. It improves my opinion on gayew because it shows that they're actually getting serious in trying to be a real contender against wwe.
Their rationale should be, "if we didn't do it, wwe would've first."
>>
>>14380225
Kek Based!
>>
>>14385415
So in a way, AEW really is monopolizing wrestling like how WWE wanted.
>>
WOW CRAZY

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.