[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled.png (597 KB, 824x769)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
It's over
>>
as if they're not bleeding enough money
>>
>>14383256
I thought Bushiroad owned NJPW?
>>
>>14383256
that'd be cool if Kenny became head booker since he's stuck with a leaky gut, can't come out any worse than the video game, right?
>>
translate this to retardese for me
>>
>>14383356
kenny didnt really have anything to do with the development at all
>>
>>14383423
Is that why the yukes devs were shit talking him on discord?
>>
>>14383423
>Project director of the game and head rep didn't have anything to do with it
Maybe he should have clarified this headcanon before fans were saying 'we trust Kenny' up until the release of the game when fans paid money for a shit product that nobody played for long?
>>
>>14383446
they were mad because he was talking about it while he had no connection to the product

>>14383493
neither of those things were true
>>
>>14383346
They do. Bushiroad owned two companies NJPW and Bushiroad Fight, and they are selling one of their companies to their other company.
>>
>>14384371
They're selling themselves to themselves?
>>
>>14384406
it's two subsidiaries of BR
BR doesn't fully own NJPW either
>>
>>14384406
when WWE purchased WCW they shut them down and it ceased to exist, when they purchased ECW they relaunched it under WWE as its own brand. I guess that is what's happening here, but I don't expect STARDOM to die like WCW did.
>>
>>14384468
Okay I think I understand the situation *a little*:
>Bushiroad owns STARDOM
>Bushiroad owns a majority share of NJPW (85%)
>Bushiroad sells STARDOM to NJPW (and also to the minority owner TV Asahi 15%)
>Bushiroad and TV Asahi now own both NJPW and STARDOM under the same percentages
its really a none story. Japanese business 101.
>>
>>14384620
Clear as mud
>>
>>14384620
TK also said he's got the NJPW as an option in his streaming negotiations, so this consolidates Stardom with that.
>>
>>14384620
Bushiroad essentially sold TV Asahi a percentage of STARDOM as they have joint ownership over New Japan together which now also owns STARDOM. Perhaps Rossy had those 15% shares until recently and now with him out of the picture TV Asahi inherited his percentage.
>>
>>14383256
you just know Tony and his wallet are behind this
>>
>>14384647
brainlet
>>
>>14383256
Rossy lost
Tony won
>>
>>14384815
TV Asahi won, but sure the narrative of it being Tony is also pretty compelling. I personally think Bushiroad/TV Asahi will ultimately lease the rights to NJPW's archive and live PPV's to Tony/WBD as part of a package streaming deal with AEW.

Yes yes, copium.
>>
>>14385009
If you get Stardom on Max with a good English commentary team I think they could get a nice little following. Women's wrestling in the US isn't in a great place right now. Some great stuff but it's all over the place in quality overall.
>>
>>14383378
Gundam as acquired Naruto
>>
>>14385082
holy shit
>>
this is like when Sears acquired K-Mart and they then both went out of business...KWAB
>>
>>14385203
retard
>>
File: 95c.jpg (8 KB, 233x216)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>14383378
Stardom is a subsidiary of NJPW. NJPW now owns Stardom instead of being two companies under the same umbrella think TKO with WWE and UFC. WWE doesn't own UFC and UFC doesn't own WWE, it used to be like that for NJPW and Stardom.
>>
>>14385262
I see I see
>>
>>14383315
who TKO?
>>
At first I thought Bushiroad Fight was Bushiroad's main entity, and NJPW was buying their own freedom, which is a thing that's actually happened.
>>14384647
That's Japanese business politics for you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.