[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>watching NXT Spring Breakin
>immediately better than WWE or AEW
>lighting, atmosphere, camera work
>EVERYONE knows how to talk shit
>tons of qts
>literally zero skippable segments
>appearances by Natty & Basler don't make me want to kill myself
>after both were just in the battle royal

is HBK actually the GOAT in and out of the ring?

i stopped watching NXT back when HHH was running it, and last month of him with the main roster has been complete garbage, even the "presentation upgrades"

and AEW aint left out, their shit is already indi tier, how does Tony not have the ability to hire better producers for his show? hes a fuckin billionaire and their vibe is boring af compared to what I'm watching from this episode
>>
we been trying to tell you bro
>>
sol ruca is a man
>>
like literally compare how priest acted on this show for 30 seconds, or how kross acted on this show compared to main roster and its fucking crazy
>>
>>14407656
Go to bed, Shawn.
>>
>>14407720

they used to blame Vince, now he's gone and nothing has changed
>>
File: image0-8.png (824 KB, 720x983)
824 KB
824 KB PNG
i love love love sol
>>
>>14407656
even just the fact that they put out beach chairs and surfboards by the entrance is more than what wwe does for main roster ppvs shows how much more shawn cares about the program
>>
>>14407656
Best thing that happened to nxt is death of black and gold shit
>>
>>14407770
I found it interesting that the final testament pre tape promo said black and gold never dies, would be interesting to see what they mean by that. especially if it leads to kross and aop getting the belts
>>
File: file.png (3.11 MB, 1080x1350)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
>>14407761
sol is an angel
>>
>>14407656
All lies detected
>>
>>14407761
you love men
>>
>>14407770

for someone who stopped watching about 5yrs ago when exactly was the black and Gold era?

and what changed, was jt just HBK or overall vibe and production?

cause NXT was cool back when Enzo was on there an shht
>>
>>14407821
dusty died, hhh took over, turned the whole thing into pwg
>>
>>14407826

why was everyone sucking Aches dick then?

his last few months outside of Rock coming back was garbage and since Mania is even worse
>>
>>14407846
because he was putting on workrate smark shit for meltzer stars, and those fans are very vocal.
>>
>>14407656
Shawn at least tries to be more attitude era like. Too much womeme though. Paul and Tony are too indie slop obsessed. I shoot think the best case scenario for the future of wwe is Rock gets more power and puts HBK in Pauls position. Closest we could ever get to prime Vince level booking again. Otherwise paul and Stephanie will run the ship into the ground.
>>
>>14407810
i would suck sol's girlcock
>>
>>14407768

it's so hilarious and fun, and the vibe of the show is like something you'd see on Nickelodeon so it works.

WWE and AEW take themselves too seriously but then they want to do stupid indi shit like the Young bucks produce and it's just stupid

why is HBK such a genius at clowning
>>
>>14407856
im not gonna say all of black and gold is bad, because it isn't but 2018-2020 was fucking Brutally bad. 2021 it became a really weird black and gold / 2.0 hybrid with shit like gamestop cameron grimes, index, tian sha etc
>>
>>14407856

a bunch of ppl have said they hated B&G era tho, yet are huge hunter fans
>>
>>14407880
i don't think hhh is terrible because he does strike gold every once in a while, and he has good main event level booking. but a lot of his stuff is just kinda boring
>>
>>14407874
i like it. sometimes i'll just put on a random takeover if i'm in the mood for such a thing. but it's not fun, and i wouldn't want to watch the weekly show.
>>
>>14407892

isn't NXT going to CW soon? that should increase their viewership being on basic cable, which is already the highest non WWE show anyways
>>
>>14407880
hmm. i guess i just lumped them together.
>>
>>14407916

no maybe its just the 2.0 now that I think about it

what exactly changed with that era
>>
>>14407915
nxt is gonna do well on the cw its already for gay men, teen girls and coomers like all their other shows
>>
>>14407931

>he doesn't like C.ute W.omen (girls)
>>
>>14407928
hhh had a heart attack, vince fired all the indie shitters except ciampa and pete dunne, made them debut green as fuck wrestlers like bron breakker, von wagner, briggs and jensen etc without them having a single match. it was basically fuck off hunter this should be developmental and so the matches were super jank at first and it was really cartoony
>>
File: Transvert.jpg (218 KB, 1080x594)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>14407656
It isn't perfect. Rovert wants to know why there aren't more trans wrestlers in NXT.
>>
>>14407940
sounds like vince was right again, as it's still clearly developmental instead of Johnny Gargano iron man matches.
>>
>>14407940

oh so Paul actually wasn't there during its shit era?

ok, but why is WWE.so shit over the last few months outside of Rock, nobody really cared about anything else leading up to and thru WM40 and so far a month later attendance and ratings are dropping and the storylines are fuckin stupid.
>>
>>14407943
dude that guy was going on a rant for like a whole day because oklahoma passed some law that trannies can't compete with women.
>>
>>14407974
i'm waiting until after the draft to judge because that should be a huge reset across all of wwe
>>
>>14407943
This really encapsulates why NXT is the best show in wrestling and needs to be protected at all costs.
>>
>>14407943

isn't there an actual trans in AEW
>>
>>14407974
because regardless of what twitter may say, triple h can not actually "cook," and 90% of what's been good under his watch, he lucked into.
>>
why doesn't AEW just book smaller venues? they barely get more than the thousand here on NXT.but it looks horrible and sounds horrible in a largr vacuous stadium
>>
>>14407999
this is part of the reason they're missing out on the chance to be the next thing like ECW, because they want to be WWE/WCW size so much
>>
>>14407986
Yes
>>
>>14407986
yes and that twitter account is upset that nyla rose can't wrestling against ladies in oklahoma. and he's demanding all wwe wrestlers speak out in support of nyla. he's convinced wwe is ran by "maga" even though it's partially run by ari fucking emanuel.
>>
>>14407999
i don't remember who i heard say it... bischoff or russo, but whoever made a great point: aew should just post up shop in one venue, like wcw did with disney. and just focus a period of time making good tv. let people in for free if they have to.
>>
>>14407943
Has someone been turned away from NXT for being Trans?
>>
>>14408044

when you realize NXT was created by a billionaire who was already the global leader for 40 years in the industry and that's exactly what they did

hell they didn't even do PPVs untill after a few years and then they went on tour Then they got a tv deal, all slowly over the course of a decade +

and now they're put drawing everything else except the main roster but still not over expanding
>>
If it gets over a milly on CW I'll start watching it. I don't watch minor league shit
>>
>>14408136

are they hot tho, that's the key everyone is afraid to get a Hunter Schafer because guys will actually get turned, so they get something that looks like Shana basler or Zoey Stark
>>
>>14407656
Real talk, I don't watch it all the time but when I do it is good.
Boils down to the women being younger and more motivated than main roster cows.
The booking and stories are scattered like AEW.
The people in charge aren't the performers.
>>
>>14408212
*are not scattered like AEW
>>
File: GL9EPeBW8AAxjDK.jpg (292 KB, 1284x1585)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
nxt has tatum paxley so it is the best
>>
>>14408253
Shorts could be a bit shorter tbqhwyf
>>
>>14407787
>said black and gold never dies, would be interesting to see what they mean by that.
They are big Steelers fans
>>
>>14407787
I'm hoping it's just acknowledging the era they're from
>>
>>14408322
im thinking they might do some nxt originals vs new breed kind of thing
>>
>>14408029
No one ever accused rovert of being smart
>>
>>14408355
i didn't realize that was the rovert everyone was referring to until about a week ago.
>>
>>14407656
Yes.
Hubris.
>>
I honestly think Triple H's NXT towards the end was like diet AEW and I think once the honeymoon is over with the main roster and off of the high of an accidentally great wrestlemania (which was only great because of initial backlash to their wrestlemania plans) it'll be just like when the black and gold was stagnant and losing to Dynamite. For as much as people bitch about Khan only caring about Meltzer ratings, that was literally fucking Triple H a few years ago. Don't kid yourselves.
>>
>>14407719
trannies wished they'd passed that well
>>
>>14408384
yeah but hhh isn't working alone on main roster, he has heyman, borash and pritchard also writing stuff with him
>>
>>14408384
I mean yeah but I think a lot of Black & Gold zealots migrated over to AEW with all the dimeless shitters that left NXT, so the people that hype it up are still getting what they want.
>>
>>14408427
idk about borash but when heyman runs smackdown in 2002-2004 that shit was mega dimes, pritchard needs to go tho he sucks
>>
>>14408504
pritchard has shit taste.
>>
>>14408384
NXT black and gold had no stars and (once Dusty died) no real booking and was just indie supershows with a budget. AEW has that niche filled now but even then they would be getting far lower ratings if it wasn't for guys like Jericho and Moxley and Danielson.
As long as WWE has guys who have been on WWE tv for over ten years like Orton and Punk and Cody and Roman and Seff they'll be fine. My biggest worry about HHH's main roster is that he fumbled the NXT call ups even worse than Vince did. If Vince felt like someone wasn't working out he'd at least make an effort to change them in someway to fix that before giving up on them but HHH just has them rot in catering until spring cleaning. How can you fuck up the Creeds
>>
>>14408483
I mean look at the current WWE under Triple H. We're getting way too much Gargano and Ciampa like it was NXT all over again, Becky, Bayley and Damian Priest are champion and I give it 3 months before people realize MidCody is just white Kofi.

>>14408427
true. I have this weird wish that Cornette and Tony Khan somehow wind up saying fuck it and collaborating. I don't remember how much Cornette was involved in Corgan's NWA before he got fired but that was low key one of the best wrestling shows at the time. It's been kinda okay to shit since.
>>
>>14408558
NWA is still going?
>>
>>14408573
barely. I'm a smashing pumpkins/corgan mark so I still watch it occasionally although it's been a while. It was legit when Powerrr first started.
>>
>>14407915
Kek. CW is literally zombie tier.
>>
>>14408605
USA isn't? Raw is literally the only thing keeping them afloat.
And literally anything would be a better lead in than SVU. I'm sick of turning on the TV to watch NXT and catching the end of that show where Benson and Stabler are musing about that week's rape set to sombre music
>>
>>14408684
benson is a shoot mega anti draw
>>
NXT is shoot the new saturday morning cartoon wrestling show for kids
>>
>>14408771
i describe it as if lucha underground was written by dan schneider
>>
>>14407656
>>watching NXT Spring Breakin
>>immediately better than WWE
why do nxtards think they aren't watching a wwe show?
>>
>>14408771
>>14408797
you're in your 40s lol
>>
>>14408937
i'm shoot 20
>>
>>14408915
They have vastly different vibes
>>
>>14408937
I'm in my 30's and was explaining why I would never watch it
>>
>Shawncel is still trying to pretend NXT is good
Nobody cares. Michaels is an even bigger anti-draw as a booker than he was as a World Champion
>>
>>14408964
And it's still a WWE show
>>
>>14408971
you're right bro
>>
IMO
>Current NXT > Dusty NXT > NXT 2.0 > Early HHH NXT > Gameshow NXT > "Third Brand Losing-to-Dynamite" NXT
>>
>>14409048
I have no clue what all of that is, all I know is I stopped watching NXT around when Finn Balor came in. He was so fucking boring I dropped it all together.
>>
>>14407656
NXT is kino but it would be more kino if they had joshi wrestlers. Giulia cant come soon enough.
>>
>>14407656
I miss my sun warrior
>>
>>14407931
You forgot blacks. One of CW’s biggest demographics is non-whites. I’m fully expecting Nikkita Lyons to get a mega push when she’s back from injury.
>>
>>14409048
Dusty NXT> Current> Early HHH (Post Dusty)> NXT 2.0> Skulls PWG-FL.> Wednesday Night Cage Nights
>>
for me its
current > 2.0 > dusty > gameshow (season 3) > 2021 (the way, index, grimes/la knight) > gameshow (the rest) > early hhh >>>>>>>>>>>> 2018-2020
>>
>>14408546
The Creeds had the breaks put on them because they performed their finisher on Priest in a sloppy manner that didn't protect him and he almost got hurt on the road to mania

They're eating shit now and going thru a dues paying period where they're bumping for everyone. That have to prove in ring maturity.

As cool as it is, they can't throw the main roster around like their 80s jobbers in a Steiners match
>>
>>14408684
>USA isn't? Raw is literally the only thing keeping them afloat.
this has been the funniest and dumbest take that is so easy to shit on for the last 15 years. SVU is keeping that channel afloat. i don't know if they still show suits or criminal minds or ncis but those shows kept it afloat to waste money back when WWE was even worse than it is now.
>>
>>14409962
yeah and they are obviously being paired with heel gable very soon
>>
>>14409962
>As cool as it is, they can't throw the main roster around like their 80s jobbers in a Steiners match
but that would rule if they could. sick of niggers acting like every bump has to be perfect. if a suplex looks good you have 50000 people thinking they're legit hurt. you can smell the covid vaccine from those retards. stop catering to retards.
>>
>>14409685
nikkita lyons turns me into a black man. i wanna eat flaming hot cheetos and crash kias into that bitch
>>
>>14407826
Dusty was never booking NXT. He just goofed around at the PC and talked with the students because he blew all his money in the 80s.
>>
>>14409996
even if that is true there was a 100% nxt vibe shift when he died
>>
It's the most perfect wrestling show on TV. It's fun and lighthearted, but also usually has the best match of any given week.

Also the Iron Survivor Challenge is my favorite multiman gimmick match in WWE.
>>
>>14410019
the first mens iron survivor is my favourite match of the last 5 years. i've rewatched it like 20 times
>>
>>14409962
They also blew a big spot and eliminated Osmos from a battle royal during a commercial when it was supposed to be on TV. Rookie shit.
>>
File: 1689829030094975.jpg (864 KB, 2561x1689)
864 KB
864 KB JPG
>>14410031
>omos comes back as osmos
>steals a bunch of flippy nxt shitter's movesets
>>
>>14408253
Meltzer HATES her.
>>
nxt is the best wrestling show on tv unironically
the storylines are kino
>>
Someone catch me up on the Chase U story.
>>
File: GLU_O8dXwAAiWG3.jpg (107 KB, 1617x910)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>14410065
>the schism tries to take over chase u
>with the help of tyler bate chase u defeats the schism and gets their school back
>after this schism kidnaps thea hail
>thea is rescued, but is traumatized and realizes she has to grow up
>chase u allows thea hail to train with drew gulaks crew which leads to her picking up a kimura lock finisher
>she then wins a #1 contenders match for the title
>she taps tiff out with the kimura without the ref seeing it
>she is granted a rematch in a submission match
>andre chase and duke hudson personally train her hard to prepare her for her title match
>the match comes around and she's in over her depth
>she can't win due to her inexperience and mr. chase throws in the towel
>this deeply upsets thea and causes her to start to rebel against chase u and link up with jacy jayne
>jacy starts hanging out at chase u with thea, slowly integrates herself
>chase u is revealed to be in massive debt due to andre chases gambling debts
>they desperately need to save the school
>jacy plans out a scheme to use the women of chase u to sell a sexy calendar to help save chase u
>it actually works
>but jacy starts getting closer to jazmyn nyx, who was closely involved in the calendar production
>this brings back out her mean girl tendencies and she starts being dismissive and rude to thea
>meanwhile thea has a crush on the new chase u student riley osborne
>jacy intentionally gives her bad advice to sabotage her love life
>thea finds out and gets pissed at jacy
>thea rejoins chase u full time and learns that she should be her authentic self
>she allies herself with kelani jordan and fallon henley to take on jacy and her new cunt crew
>next night it is revealed that andre chase placed a huge bet on thea hail all the way back at the submission match, and the reason they were in debt was because he threw in the towel for her
>andre chase apologizes to thea, and vice versa and they finally reconcile after a year of conflict with each other
>>
>>14407656
>>literally zero skippable segments
close, but there's womeme shit all over the show
>>
>>14410084
nxt womens division is the only good womens division in the world
>>
>>14410078
THIS is what long term storytelling looks like
>>
>>14410093
Forgetting about MARIGOLD (pedo fed) and STARDOM (AEW torjan horse fed)?
>>
>>14410116
no normal person will watch jap wraslin
>>
>>14410177
to be fair no normal person watches nxt either
>>
>>14409685
>mega push starts
>she blows out her knee two days into her return
>
>>
>>14410049
Further proof that she's dimes incarnate

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.