[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Could he have heemed Vader or is he delusional?
>>
Yes
>>
>>14409222
Vader would've killed him with his stench alone
>>
File: 1712971657614420.webm (2.94 MB, 640x480)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>14409244
Based
>>
>>14409222
Didn't he take down Big Show and JBL without even really trying?
>>
>>14409222
>Vader
fake tough guy bitch that got punked by HBGOAT and cried on television while calling himself a fat fuck
>Blackman
almost killed jeebles for pulling his fag ribs on him
>>
Blackman could have taken Vader. Early UFC showed that weight mismatches rarely go as you expect and it's the technical fighter who wins pretty much every time. I don't doubt Vader's strength or toughness, and his size is obvious. But Blackman has the fighting ability and would tie Vader up in a shoot.
>>
I mean, I love Vader but he got heemed by an aging Paul Orndorff with a bum arm.
>>
>>14409222
Blackman would've definitely heemed Vader.
>>
>>14409222
Vader was a fat pussy IRL. Everyone could have HEEMed him. Bryan Alveraz could have HEEMed him. CM Punk could have HEEMed him. The Young Bucks could have HEEMed him.
>>
>>14409298
Pride showed the opposite and the heavier fighter will win 99% of the time.
>>
Shawn Michaels made Vader cry in the ring. The guy was a softball.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (9 KB, 187x269)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>14409551
Early PRIDE is the funniest thing to me. The Japanese thought they could throw guys like pro wrestlers like Yoji Anjoh in the ring against real fighters and that they'd triumph due to FIGHTING SPIRITU or whatever. I mean it worked out with Sakuraba but he was the exception.
Still, PRIDE is mega kino and they actually knew how to present combat sports (something UFC still really sucks at IMO)
>>
>>14409682
What is the quintessential PRIDE match if I want to see the best?
>>
>>14409702
Bob Sapp vs Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
>>
>>14409702
If you want the most representative PRIDE match, then Sakuraba vs. Royce Gracie
Also the one where Kevin Randleman suplexes Fedor right on his head and he gets up like nothing happened.
>>
>>14409551
Pride is a work
>>
>>14409702
ALSO, PRIDE is as much about the presentation as it is the fights themselves - watch some of those opening ceremonies. PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 might be my favorite and used to be something I'd watch before PR days in the gym.
I couldn't find a version without Mauro blabbing over the opening ceremonies but listen to the crowd ROAR when guys like Fedor and Crocop come out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_KUaChysk&t
>>
>>14409222
Paul Orndorff heemed him while wearing flip flops so yeah easily
>>
>>14409222
Do people honestly still believe fat = tough? I thought that was just a boomer delusion?
>>
>>14409779
I used to think the arena stages in Tekken games were fantastical. Now I see where they got the aesthetic, incredible presentation.
>>
>>14409551
Heavier fighter wins if both are technically comparable. Blackman is a much better fighter than Vader so the size means much less
>>
Yes, he could have easily, Blackman might not have the game of a Ken shamrock but he was undoubtly a capable, real fighter in his own right.

Vader is cool and all but, even with a bigger frame wouldn't make a big difference against someone if Blackman's caliber, a matter of training and expertise.
>>
File: 03_RAW_06291998_0003.jpg (83 KB, 1200x675)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
blackman was clearly legit as you saw in brawl 4 all. he looked very relaxed and even stood and traded with marc mero at times, despite the fight being kind of boring due to blackman spamming takedowns a lot. he probably would have won the whole thing very easily if he didn't get injured/pull out or whatever. the tournament was kind of stacked with guys like blackman and severn, and apparently they even tried to get shamrock in, so the idea that it was set up for dr death to win is dumb as hell lol. jr and cornette were absolutely delusional if they thought that was what it was about
>>
>>14409702
Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama
the only MMA match rated 5 stars by Meltzer
>>
Vader holds a 1-0 record over Will Asspray
>>
>>14410557
that faggot pushes his opinions of mma too? and autists still believe they matter?
>>
>>14409222
Don Frye completely controlled Vader in a wrestling match with submissions. Sure it was a work, but Vader looked completely clueless and started screaming whenever Don got a lock on him. I doubt that Vader would make himself look like a bitch on purpose.

>>14409298
That's basically what happened to Vader in a Japanese wrestling match with Frye. It was worked, but Frye was controlling the match & seemed to be shooting whenever he locked a sub.
>>
>>14409682
>The Japanese thought they could throw guys like pro wrestlers like Yoji Anjoh in the ring against real fighters and that they'd triumph due to FIGHTING SPIRITU

That's basically what Inokism is, and Inoki was heavily promoted in Pride. Even Goldberg was sucking his dick. I find it interesting how both Vince & Inoki knew that wrestling the way they did it would be dead by the 2000s so they both tried to legitimize some how. WWE is still a juggernaut so he chose well even though damn near none of us like that sports entertainment slop.
>>
>>14410928
wizerked
>>
>>14409795
Harads also took their announcer recently. Pride was a spectacle and something that can’t ever be replicated
>>
>>14409222
He could absolutely heem him. Also Vader is one of the most overrated shitters I've ever seen. Meltzer creams himself over him, and Cornette constantly talks about how Vince and Shawn fucked him over, but the facts are that he was a fat, slow, botchy, shitter who was never over. Watched all of 96 and 97 WWF and he has the worst match on pretty much every single PPV. Plus he can't cut a promo to save his life. He stumbled over his words constantly, and sounded retarded. When both Bret and Shawn agree about you being garbage people should take note
>>
>>14410469
>the idea that it was set up for dr death to win is dumb as hell lol. jr and cornette were absolutely delusional if they thought that was what it was about

Reading between the lines, I always assumed that Dr death came in and negotiated hard for more money than he was worth at that point, and being friends with jr in talent got him more money than he was worth. So when brawl 4 all came up, he had to go in for it because he'd negotiated on being a legit tough guy and something that we'd at that point was trying to get more of. I think they knew he could talk more than he walked and they were setting him up for a fall. Various podcasts (bruse I think) stated Dr death got the "feud with Austin, next" promise, which is a surefire indicator he was being strung along because they told every selfmark that same line.
>>
>>14411065
He was overassocelt in WCW and was booked as a legit scary monster and he brought that across to WWF. They had to actively book him weak to make him look as bad as he did in WWF.
>>
>>14411454
>overassocelt
*Over as hell
>>
Vader no diff
>>
Paul Orndorff beat Vader into a bloody pulp when he was 50. Vader is the quintessential fake tough guy bitch
>>
Remember when internet wrestling fans were acting like Vader was the purest, sweetest angel his entire career a little before and after he passed? So funny. They cry over the Shawn interaction while Vader was fighting old people (and losing) backstage.
>>
>>14410953
Vince and Inoki were wrong. They wanted to make pro wrestling something it’s not as a reaction to the waning and changing interests in the 2000’s, but here’s the thing - all Vince and Inoki had to do was book good shows. They didn’t and their companies unnecessarily suffered, because, again, no need to change everything, just book a better show. Look at the difference now between Triple H and Vince. There was never a need to do any fake MMA shit or be “sports entertainment” it’s just as simple as making a good show.
>>
>>14409222
I think several people said Blackman was one of the highest "dont fuck with that guy" power levels of the 90's. Even guys like Bob Holly and i think Shamrock as well said they wanted no part of him in a real scrap.

>>14411065
>Cornette constantly talks about how Vince and Shawn fucked him over
This happened though, and if i remember right Cornette also said that Vader was too nice for his own good and basically let himself get fucked over cause he was too much of a softie off camera. So you're half right.

As for Dr, Death its clear that JR and Cornette still thought he was the guy they remembered in the 80's and not the washed drug addict he was by the time he made it to the WWF.
>>
>>14411065
lmao at people still blaming HBGOAT for Vader being a fat piece of shit when literally no one in the WWF wanted to work with him and that's why he got released
>>
>>14410878
>>14410557
it is legitimately the most exciting fight in history though
>>
>>14413368
If thats the standard hockey goons were putting on 5 star bangers like it was nothing everytime they fought.
>>
>>14413478
Promo's good
>>
>>14409702
watch as much as you can there is only so much out there but you can get a sense of all the amazing and unique fighters they had at one point.
>>
>>14409375
why did you start this sentence with
>I mean
>>
>>14409222
Blackman could've bonce'd his ronce
>>
File: 1711397315970345.jpg (390 KB, 1024x1024)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>14410953
>Vince leans more into the entertainment angle of wrestling to set it apart from MMA: it works and WWE becomes a billion dollar behemoth
>Inoki tries to copy MMA and feeds his stars to trained killers, nearly bankrupting NJPW and sending it out of business
And there are people that still suck the dick of Inoki-ism even despite all of the evidence at this point that he was just wrong, wrong, wrong about everything.

To be honest, I blame Inoki for the current diminished state of Jap wrestling. Instead of jerking off to vanity pops at PRIDE events and parading around like he was the founder of MMA to give himself an ego boost, he could've been using his clout to negotiate a proper, American-style TV deal with TV Tokyo, or Asahi, or Fuji TV or something, which would put NJPW on a similar footing to the American companies that can just pillage them and bully them with wealth at this point.

He should've emulated Vince's strategy 100% but Inoki only ever cared about himself
>>
>>14411454
>Im a great wrestler as long as you let me stiff everyone, and constantly go over and look like a total badass who can't lose
wow no shit?
>>
Vader was by all accounts an extremely nice man

He was stiff in the ring but that's how he earned his money. He was a monster, not to mention the best to ever do it at that role, and him being stiff was why fans liked him.
I'm not surprised a bunch of American wrestlers got butthurt about him laying his shit in. He always belonged in Japan.

Anyway, I highly recommend Vader's In Your House match with Shamrock, it's stiff as fuck and is basically a UWF style shoot match
>>
>>14414300
You do know that all wrestling is fake, right?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.