[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712277319581025.gif (279 KB, 400x387)
279 KB
279 KB GIF
How would you explain this board's obsession with TV ratings?
>>
autism, extreme autism.
>>
Why doesn't /tv/ have ratings threads all the time?
>>
>>14415836
does it hurt you when egods make fun of poor little tiny and gayew tranny?
>>
>>14415864
huh? what u mean?
ru really trying to tell me that the board dedicated to Television doesn't obsess over the ratings of their TV shows like the people in here?
>>
AEW gets really low ones and its funny
>>
>>14415884
projecting?
>>
>>14415864
they never do
>>
>>14415884
>aren’t you mad seeing us eat and roll around in shit? Haha I bet you’re so mad!
You schizos are like those homeless bums who sit on street corners saying they’re the reincarnation of Jesus.
>>
Ahahahahhahahahaha
>>
>>14415836
They're midwit marks. They know that Wrestling is a work, they just don't understand that "The Business" and other various Cornette-isms are also a work. If Paul (or Tony) wants me to care about ratings they should start writing me checks.
>>
File: standing on the edge.jpg (1.73 MB, 1900x2160)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>14416086
A picture is worth one thousand words. Tony and Dave can come up with excuses all day but when you open the show with half the building empty TV execs notice and compare it to WWE which has been full
>>
>>14416116
Nigger why the fuck are you even talking about AEW when WWE is so far ahead it's not even close? Everyone that watches AEW knows what WWE is and has an opinion on it. The same can't be said for WWE fans. Stop giving them exposure.
>>
>>14416202
>The same can't be said for WWE fans
You couldn't tell from watching this board since most people who obsess over AEW are E-drones
>>
>>14415836
mental illness
>>
>>14415836
It's a concrete objective way to say my console is better than yours sucks to suck tell Tony to book better
>>
>>14415836
explain it to who? and why?
>>
>>14415836
Ratings are the only cope that edrones have left since AEW's product is miles ahead of WWE in quality. Notice how they never talk about what's going on in the fed? Because that shit isn't worth watching.
>>
>>14415836
TV ratings determine whether TV shows live or die. Wrestling promotions like WWE and AEW are centered on producing TV shows, and if said TV shows ever die, said wrestling promotions will die with them. This makes TV ratings extremely relevant to /pw/. Hope this clears things up for you, OP!
>>
>>14415836
the "art" of wrestling is the art of the con, the heart of the artform is a performer's ability to draw a crowd and trick them out of their money, it isn't comparable to other hobbies or art forms, but midwits can never understand this
>>
>>14415836
no demo god?
>>
>>14417722
pro-wrestlers THOUGHT they were working the crowd but they knew it was fake. they just wanted to be entertained and acted like they believed in it. they did it for the wrestlers who saw their work meant something and so they got worked.
>>
>>14417689
Mmm tasty cope
>>
huh
>>
>>14417758
Yes you piggiEs love your cope.
>>
>>14417891
683k I fear
>>
>>14415931
AEW spent 3 years saying they were going to beat WWE in the ratings any day now
And that hasn't happened so now you're trying to downplay everything Tony did and said
>>
It’s hilarious seeing AEW cultists suddenly doing a 180 and pretend they never cared about ratings to begin with
>>
we need to end the eight year tradition of weekly skyrocket and skyplummet /aspw/ tradition because they hurt aew fan feelings
Sure we all had our fun when it was WWE and TNA being made fun of but AEW are the good guys and this kind of toxicity is not okay anymore
>>
It tells you what angles and stars ypu should build your show around. Sami and Knight are set to be Raw's main babyfaces and im not confident they'll draw the ratings to justify that.

T. Samifag
>>
>>14417902
There's that ratings cope. Try to keep up with the reply chain, newfriend.
>>
>>14415836
It's a relic from the Monday Night Wars. WCW used ratings to heel WWF. They were also heeling their own viewers by being smarmy, so people stopped watching.

Tony's e-fed is built around Attitude Era tropes, so he thinks he's at war with WWE. So he tried to use ratings like WCW did, with similar results.
>>
File: LMAO.gif (1.09 MB, 849x479)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB GIF
>>14415836
AEW TIMELINE
>OH WE'RE GOING TO OVERTAKE RAW SOON
>AEW OWNS THE DEMO
>WE'VE GOT PUNK, TICK TOCK DRONIE
(Fast foward to today)
>W-why are you obsessed with ratings?
Kek you fat bitch
>>
File: 1708084057432466.jpg (73 KB, 1078x741)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>14415836
idk pigwheels. how fun was the "wednesday night wars" for your discord group?
>>
>>14415836
HEY tranny why you didnt post this thread on tuesday? oh right you were making fun of raw
>>
>>14418190
Is this true?
>>
>>14415836
Movies have entire sites and forums Predicting and talking about box office

There's been history of discussion of network/cable news numbers, late night, morning show etc. A lot of people want more transparency on streaming numbers. It's not just a wrestling thing
>>
>>14415836
it's the metric of success laid down by the carnies that actually run the biz so the marks and smarks here parrot that opinion so they appear smarter and markier than you.
simple as.
i just watch what i enjoy(and what i enjoy to hate). it's the truth.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.