[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
>“It was said to us that the Rock interviews and Heyman promo are considered the official end of the PG era. This isn’t to say that the TV shows will be changing. That is something talked about but no decision has been made, but I’m guessing a decision will be made at the end of the year when Raw goes to Netflix and NXT to CW, based on what those broadcasters want and also what sponsors will be comfortable with. So that will be determined months from now, but the attempts to keep things PG in the big picture which had been a big thing to the point of the memo being sent out about it several weeks back, such as in social media or in non-television shows, is now no longer the case.“

>“Another thing about the Heyman speech, which set social media records for a Hall of Fame speech viewing, is that it was also meant as the spiritual closing of the book by WWE on ECW and essentially having it be the Hall of Fame key act. That’s why Heyman spent so much time on it, why Stephanie McMahon wore an ECW bonnet in the front row during the speech and why Tommy Dreamer, RVD and The Dudleys were placed where they were to hug Heyman as he came out. Heyman was going in any way as Paul Levesque’s first-ever Hall of Fame pick, and being in Philadelphia, but it was very much to acknowledge ECW in Philadelphia.”
>>
>>14422462
Too late. The PG Era has done irreversible damage to the brand.
>>
File: IMG_2221.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>14422462
>WWE's PG Era concludes
>WWE's PIG Era begins
>>
it's still ass
>>
>>14422506
WWE came back from the black hole left by Hulkamania, they can come back from this one as well.
>>
>>14422462
Dave literally shares his opinion and puts it out there like a "report"
>>
>>14422462
>blah blah blah
>Nothing will change unless it does
>I'm a serious journalist
>>
>>14422534
Kek
>>
if it's true, Meltzer didn't win, wrestling won, it's a good day for wrestling
>>
>>14422506
>Too late.
this is true
>The PG Era has done irreversible damage to the brand.
this is not true.
>>
>>14422462
Yeah, and WWE is going TV-14 in 2022
>>
>>14424096
it's done damage for sure, I don't know about irreversible but damage all the same
>>
>>14424386
yeah i think irreversible is the keyword here. i don't think that going PG is something that would deter fans way indefinitely. maybe in the 90s, but in the age of the internet where you see the most egregious shit in a few clicks, it's easy to overlook the past. i do agree however that it was definitely something they should have done a while ago for the same reason.

>b-b-b-but da kids!
most kids have unsupervised access to the internet. WWE showing a little blood and flipping off the camera is nothing compared to half the shit people are exposed to. most parents were raised during the infancy of the internet and how bad it can be.
>>
>>14422462
It took WWE 14 years to get rid of the Benoit PG curse.
Record profits. Imagine how big they could get with no restrictions.
Dave didn't win. He actually lost big time.
>>
PG Era > HHH era so far
>>
>>14422462
>FUCK
>SHIT
>BITCH

>thaaaaz rite the PG era is over
>welcome to the GAYTCH ATTITUDE ERA where we say FUCK SHIT BITCH ON LIVE TV
>ZOMGGGG LOGAN PAUL

lmao fuck off ENerds
>>
>>14424511
uhh WON doesnt mean meltzer won a fucking prize it stands for Wrestling Observer Newsletter
>>
>>14424523
Maybe on Planet Retard
>>
File: 1000008588.gif (341 KB, 600x974)
341 KB
341 KB GIF
>>14422462
>muh fuckin swearerinos!!!!!
>>
It should be generally PG except for the megastars using some profanity so it actually means something.
>>
>>14425939
Wasn’t Raw’s first hour PG until 1999-2000 and Smackdown was always PG?
>>
>>14426032
PG era isn't just about the rating it was about the edge the programming lost
>>
>PG era is over
>shows are still PG
huh
>>
>>14422534
Kek it really do be like that
>>
>>14424523
i'd fucking hope 15+ years of content is better than 1
>>
>>14422534
Crazy how people pay for this shit. Especially when it all gets leaked instantly regardless.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.