[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

You are Hass Takar, the Supreme Ruler of the Hegemony. It is the Year 102 of the Resurrection Era. You now stand on Jaxt, the home planet of your empire, the Hegemony. Standing before you are about a hundred Jaxtians, some of the best and brightest in the empire, who look at you bright eyed and expectant.

You raise your hand and backing music begins to play. Without skipping a beat, the Jaxtians raise their voices, and join to sing your Anthem.

https://jmp.sh/s/MNfcnegX92OuFV1thabd
>>
When the song is concluded, you motion to the crowd to stand at attention. This is being broadcast to the entire Hegemony- as this event is very important. You begin your speech.

”...The greatness and power of the Hegemony has, for almost entire existence, been predicated on the power of its people. The great and noble Jaxtian race, the purity of our blood, our self-cultivation into higher and higher forms of life, directed evolution. The purity of our race, and our supremacy, have been seen as lockstep with each other. But what we truly strive for is not purity, but nobility. What is nobility? Can nobility be inherited by blood? I once believed this was the case. I descend from the Noble House of Takar. But through my selfish actions early in my reign, I proved that this was not true; and if it had not been for this change, we would have not endured at the Stand, and suffered a great humiliation in the cosmos.”

https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2024/5879681/

The crowd looks shocked. To hear a Supreme Ruler cast doubt about themselves is a rarity, both a sign of great humility and wisdom. Though it is still self-serving in the end to mention his triumphs, it is rare for a Supreme Ruler to ever express anything but absolute unshakable self confidence.

”The mighty Akule, our first and greatest Supreme Ruler, the founder of the Hegemony, believed that the purity of his race was of the utmost for his ultimate goal. He lived during the degenerate capitalist era; a time when inter-racial conflict and excess, inferior people had brought the biosphere of this very planet and the society in which he was raised to its breaking point. He came to the sad realization the only way to survive was to practice genocide, to exterminate all who opposed his race's supremacy by their very existence, regrettable as it may be. And for over a thousand years, his beliefs about racial purity have held true and been put into practice... But today marks a historic new beginning.”

This is a lie, which you have included intentionally. Akule's motivations were ultimately his own, but to call him regretful or sad over his victory would be false. After all, you must pave the way for your next grand reveal. How should you connect with the people?

>Go along as an equal
>Teach them as a superior
>>
>>5981752
It would be concerning if the Supreme Ruler didn't talk as a superior
>>
>>5981752
Space Monkeys are the most superior race, and we're the most superior space monkey.
>>
>>5981752
>>Go along as an equal
Reparation time
>>
>>5981752
Noblesse Oblige.
>>
>>5981752
>>Teach them as a superior
Kill them if they dare to cross us
>>
>>5981752
>>
>>5981752

Reign Supreme.
>>
>>5981752
We still have them mindbroken.
>>
>>5981752
>>
>>5981752
>>
>>5981752

If we're stating a reveal, we must use the authority of our supreme office.
>>
>>5981752
anything bellow superior would likely just result in societal collapse but also we will be teaching them
>>5981751
really liking the theme song for our anthem it boops got that glory and empire energy of a RTS game
>>
>>5981752
>>
>>5981752
>>
As a reminder, the "new" rules of the previous thread are applying here. So future votes involving die rolls, big decisions, or other contentious prompts will not be open to 1-post IDs, so get your votes in early to lock your spot in for later.

This AI art and the AI song in the OP were both generated by an Anonymous user. Thanks!

And for those of you who participated in the April Fools thread... yeah even I felt a little bad about that, that was a bit mean lol
>>
>>5982104
I found the April Fool funny - funniest of the year all thing included
>>
>>5982110
I thought it was a bit too forced outside of the "you thought it'd be a thread but it wasnt"
>>
>>5982104
I-its okay Bananas, we made you do it to us. It our falut.
>>
>>5981752

>>5982104
>April Fools thread...
No it was a fun parody
>>
>>5981752
>>
>>5981752
>Go along as an equal
A bit OOC, but I’m hoping that making the Swalli/Cowmen ‘equal’ in the people eyes will help some of our monkes take a leap at some gene-therapy, to create a herd-mentality super-genius class of monkes.

Also, are we going to see the return of the King, Iceburg? :^)
>>
>>5982316
>Iceberg
>BERG
Sounds Hebraic, can't support.
But in all seriousness, I voted for superiority because OP has established before that choices which try to deviate from authoritarianism too much will lead to chaos and collapse
>>
File: Spoiler Image (17 KB, 279x402)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>5982319
>Iceberg’s evil twin clone
>Yuan’s twin brother Yaun get the last laugh
My god, it’s the Prestige all over again.

To be fair, neurotic authoritarianism also lead to chaos and collapse.

To each their own though- like I said, my choice is OOC for our Jaxians, being literal fanatic supremacists and all.
>>
>>5981752
Both option will bite someway but this seems more logical. They've been in isolation for so long that we need to civilize them first.
>>
>>5982316
>>5982458
>>5981776
>>5981788
This vote is how we speak to the crowd, not for how we treat the xenos (unless there's a secret double meaning to it).
>>
>>5982536
>unless there's a secret double meaning to it
There often is.
>>
>>5981752
>Go along as an equal
>>
>>5982536
>secret double meaning to it
Almost every vote in this quest has a double meaning. It's what makes it great and terrible (for players).
>>
>>5982536
>no double secret meaning
>in a bananas quest
>>
>>581752
>The Supreme is a superior. Professing equality would be denying supremacy.
>>
”You are probably asking why all of your are naked for this ceremony. The reason? To get this awkwardness out of the way early. To see each other not as competitors, but as life forms. We ascend from this primitive past towards a greater form of being...”

You did briefly consider joining them in their nudity, but no, you are here to educate, not integrate. This is a lesson you have already learned, learned when you realized that your noble and superior blood did not grant you freedom from consequence. Now, the rest of the Jaxtians will learn it as well.

The crowd suddenly shifts as new faces join it, the empty space between the Jaxtians suddenly fill with exciting new beings, though really, it is a return to what was lost once before.
>>
Throughout the crowd, the Jaxtians are joined by the Vetuckers and the Swall- two alien races once exterminated, now returned. This is the first time they have officially been rejoined.

”...Throughout my life and early in my reign, I was convinced of the conviction of our species. The greatness of the Jaxtian people, the single unbroken line of ascension of the Supreme Ruler, it was driven by our very DNA, our blood. And upon wearing the Deathmask and becoming the Unspeakable, I furthered that drive with the extermination of every last one of the parasitical Hazaar. But as with all things, the extreme in one direction will cancel out all the good in the other direction. Even Akule, the first and most terrible Unspeakable, deemed to keep some of the other Jaxtian races alive inside us. I am descended from the Green Face Apes, and I would not be here if the false ideal of purity trumped the idea of what is truly best.”

The aliens inspect each other. None of the Jaxtians in the crowd have seen a living Vetucker. To the Vetuckers and Swall, their memories are much more fresh. Some wince, others are nervous, but the skulls and trophies have long since been put away. You smile, it is time to reveal it.

”During the reign of Wrix Val the Unspeakable, two intelligent species were lost from us forever. He did what he thought was right, but now we have a unique opportunity to explore a new possibility. Something never tried before. That is why I am officially announcing today; now and to the Supreme Rulers in the future- the Vetucker and Swall will be inducted into the Hegemony proper. No longer supplicant species. They will be as the blondes were for Akule. Something different, and yet something precious. I hereby fully pardon your species for their crimes of existence and resistance to your extermination; instead; I welcome you in full. You will be Hegemonic citizens as we are, fully integrated and allowed to rise as how as your abilities are able- with the exception of the office of the Supreme Ruler, of course. For this, I solemnly vow.”
>>
”The process of integration, and smoothing over past tensions will be difficult, I am sure. Which is why I am dedicating the rest of my reign to it.”

The aliens, now among the Jaxtians as their own, stir strangely. Many of them have fresh memories, just a few years prior, of being gunned down and exterminated by the Jaxtians in the death camps. It is now that their Supreme Ruler invites them. The primates pat the aliens on the back, welcoming them, if not exactly apologizing. Nervously, the Swall and Vetuck return the favors.

Despite your species success and long history of genetic conquest, you now know that your genocides were not the answer. You are not sure exactly why you came to this conclusion, but upon finding it, you have been moving with surety to this moment, where the fledling aliens once protected by the Hegemony were then killed by it, and only by chance found again and revived.

Of course, not all were. The Hazaar were exterminated, by your own hand, and the Blue Hazaar, your own DNA within them, have no chance of coming back. After all, they lived on Xin, a planet inhospitable to life before your species. The chance of the Andoeon aliens burying a life vault there is nill. As for the other planets...

The crowd, satisfied with the reuniting of the races, now looks to you- not as disperate groups but as one Supreme Ruler over them all. They prepare for your closing statements, and to bow before you in respect. But before that, you must make a closing remark in regards to the rest of the Jaxtian people about the alien minorities now being formally inducted into the Hegemony...

>May they serve me, as you do
>Their Strength will further our ambitions
>Brilliant thinkers & perspectives will come from them
>I just hope we can get along
>>
>>5982718
...I don't exactly see why we needed to be naked for this, but uh, cool. We got our cowbros.
>>
>>5982720
Oh shit, I forgot the vote.

Honestly though, while this is a big change, I don't think the hegemony needs to suddenly become a xenophilic paradise. We can still hate all the other species, it's just that now we can do it with the others.
>>
>>5982724
With the vetucker and swalli* fuck I'm retarded today
>>
>>5982316
Iceberg mentioned!

Unironically one of my top fav characters
>>
>>5982718
>I just hope we can get along
>>
>>5982720
The Hegemony has some weird psychosexual undertones.
>>
>>5982743
Yeah but they're usually not...gay.
>>
>>5982747
The crowd is of all genders.
>>
>>5982750
Well I sure don't see any women drawn
>>
>>5982718
Let's hate other species, together!

>>5982747
It's not gay if it's cultural, bro.
>>
>>5982713
>>5982714
>>5982718
The resurrected races are literally our traumatized victims who remember life before the Hegemony and how fickle we are. We're integrating them as full citizens without a vote or anything. We're doing it naked, for some reason. And all throughout, we're "not sure exactly why you came to this conclusion"?

What?

>>5982718
>>
>>5982760
>What?
I have to admit, this is a bit weird. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be a dream or some shit.
>>
>the whole crowd is males
>art places ample focus on naked furry anatomy, sans peenor

Yeah, this whole update bleeds homoeroticism
>>
>>5982771
Oh no the women are having one of these somewhere too. They're like kissing and rubbing their boobies together and stuff, you're just not going to see that lol gotta keep up the pacing lol
>>
>>5982774
Objection, Swall don't have tits.
>>
>>5982718
>>I just hope we can get along
: ^)
>>
>>5982774
>boykisser.jpg
>>
>>5982718
>Brilliant thinkers & perspectives will come from them
Sciencebros...

>>5982760
april fools 2?
>>
>>5982718
>>Brilliant thinkers & perspectives will come from them
eh let's see how far this rabbit hole goes
>>
>>5982718

All will serve the SUPREME!
>>
>>5982718
Also where the fuck are my proud Navigator brothers!
>>
>>5982718

>Their Strength will further our ambitions

DIIIIIIIIICKS!
>>
Okay bubby now draw a yaoi scene
>>
>>5982718
>>I just hope we can get along
We're not gay I swear
>>
>>5982718

Also, the Hazaar aren't really gone, they were never really a species to begin with; merely an addled offshoot of the Aristocrats.
>>
>>5982718
>There thoughts and perspective shall ad onto ours

All know what defiance leads to
>>
>>5982760
I think it can be just a counter reaction to the extermination but also bit of a test if it does not pan out time for the experimentation we do what we usually do to rebels
>>
>>5982883
Not yet. Later.
>>
>>5982718
>May I serve the Hegemony and the future of our peoples, as you do.
>>
>>5982104
I like it but it's a bit sad to hear
>>
File: huh.gif (1.06 MB, 498x278)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>5983008
>>
>>5982718
The monkey homo cabal has won. It's over.
>>
>>5983245
Anak legacy 2 stronk.
>>
>>5983245
I do want to see more queer Jataxians. The Yellow terrorist was awesome.
>>
>>5983766
The last thing this quest needs is fujofaggotry.
>>
”...And they will serve me, as do you.” Your speech, edited and broadcast all over the Hegemony, welcomes and accepts the once-exterminated races back into the fold. The Jaxtians everywhere will accept it- as their ruler has decreed.

With your speech concluding, the crowd bows before you to show their allegiance. The Jaxtians, a deep bow from the waist, traditional and respectful. The Vetuckers, a full bow in worship and submission, befitting their position as an uplifted species. Finally, the Swall bow too, but slower and more reserved then the others, a simple bowing of the head, showing their individuality and lack of automatic deference to authority.

By focusing on the position of the Supreme Ruler, you have prioritized the status quo. Because of the cultural and racial exclusivity of this office, it does prioritize Jaxtians overall in the social balance between the three Hegemonic races. With the incorporation of the Vetuck and the Swall fresh, there is still time before it solidifies into the normal social order and becomes a mix of tradition, law, and practical utility that restricts or empowers individuals of each of the three species. In other words, whichever race you favor the most over the rest of your reign will reap its rewards in the future.
>>
On the stage, you have also introduced two new faces; two aliens bestowed the rank of Overseer, not seen for a very long time, to further the unity between the alien races. You will grant them the nobility of office, and in turn, gain their trust.

”From the Vetuckers, we have Urik, the 8th Descendant of Aok, who has achieved the rightful rank of Overseer through perseverance. And we have another, Deepscale Elijah, of the Deepscale family, representing the brilliance of the Swall. For these, I have appointed to the following new positions...”

>Write In (Each character must be granted a new or existing Overseer Position)
>>
>>5983820
Well, that's a hard question. What exactly are the Vetuckers good at? Elijah seems like a shoe-in for Science Overseer...didn't we have a whole thing where Maktana said he wanted to not get cloned anymore? Before the timeskip? If he's dead, then we need an science overseer. We could choose him.

Don't know Bout the vetucker though
>>
>>5983820
>Urik, Overseer of Health & Wellness
Aside from the old king and his wife, the one Vetucker who got spotlight for a bit was really good at medical care, and they're probably fairly good at things like managing diets and health with their culture still fairly recently focusing on a very physical lifestyle.

>Elijah, Overseer of Xenoarchaeology
We need to learn what the hell our precursors were up to in our system.

between the two of these, maybe we can improve the general well-being and quality-of-life of our subjects even further, while also gaining advances in the sciences and also finally understand those who came before.
>>
>>5983820
>Urik
Overseer of Genocide

>Elijah
Overseer of Bootlicking
>>
>>5983823
That's actually a good idea, we really should investigate these predecessors.
>>
>>5983823
For an actual answer all this sounds great to me
>>
>>5983820
>Urik bin Aok - Overseer of Agriculture
>Deepscale Elijah - Deputy Overseer of Science (under Maktana, until Maktana retires).
>Adopt a new Jaxtian only Overseer, the Overseer of Artificial Intelligence. Prioritize someone loyal to the Hegemony and Hass's vision over raw computer skills.

Tradition!
>>
>>5983823
>+1 to this.
Honestly, its difficult to utilize the Swalli intellect without giving them a knife to slit our throats with. I think this helps put the universe into perspective. Great suggestion, anon.
>>
>>5983857
Yeah we need to remember that the Swall are a double edged sword. They're smart, but they were individualistic yet good enough that they were able to have a genuine "ideal capitalist society". That's not something that easily meshes with the Hegemony's off the charts despotic totalitarianism. They should have their intelligence used, but away from the positions of power. Stuff like Xenoarcheology both requires intelligence (archeology is hard), is useful to us (we find out about the precursors) and isn't too dangerous (it's just archeology). The way I see it, the best way to go about settling these two is to find them a niche that is useful but non-threatening. The vetuckers are easy, they're not really able to run a space empire. They'll probably stay loyal to us as long as we don't treat them like shit. The Swall, I already talked about them.

If we manage to ensure they mix into the hegemony's culture, we won't get turned into some lame xenohpile society. We can be a xenophobic trifecta, and hate everyone else together.
>>
>>5983823
Xenoarcheaology is too niche a subject for an Overseer. Health is fine. The current positions are Science and Infrastructure, which you can use or add new ones.
>>
Fishbros just want to be safe. Entropy is coming for us all. We can give the fishbros the space to figure out how to defeat it without worrying about being eaten by xenos.
>>
>>5983885
I'd back the move to make Elijah Deputy Overseer of Science (under Maktana, until Maktana retires), and to partition off AI responsibility to a loyal Jaxtian, then.
>>
>>5983885
...is it? I mean, I feel like that's a pretty huge thing with the whole precursor ruins spanning different planets.

We probably shouldn't put him in science, if thats the case.

>>5983887
Okay but "Defeat Entropy" is even more niche than "Xenoarcheology".
>>
>>5983820
>Elijah, Deputy Overseer of Science (under Maktana, until Maktana retires).
>>
Guys, what the other anon said. The Swall are too individualistic to risk putting in science this early. We can't risk them messing with stuff like our AI. If we make him the Science Overseer, we need to put AI under a different department led solely by Jaxtians.
>>
>>5983893
If QM allows it, I'd like that. After Ingar, you'd hope the Hegemony would have learned that lesson.
>>
>>5983885
Overseer of Industry I guess?
>>
>>5983898
That's even worse, you don't give an possible individualist control of the economy. Our goal here is to find a safe way to use the Swalli remember?
>>
>>5983820
>Urik, Overseer of Agriculture and Ecology
Theoretically a Vetucker should be good at managing our farming and making sure planetary ecosystems remain in good health.

>Elijah, Overseer of Health & Wellness
While I'm sure revenge is possible from any high position for the Swalli at least this one doesn't give weapons or AI access. Transportation might also be a good position to consider for him if not health and wellness.
>>
>>5983892
Changing my Elijah appointment to Health & Wellness. I highly doubt he could forcefully make some deadly Monkey and Cow killing virus in that position without someone spotting him. Right?
>>
>>5983820

>Elijah, Overseer of Diplomacy
When they realize how despite being pretty bad everybody else is waaaaay worse. Kek!
>>
>>5983906
Probably he wouldn't kill the cowbros. Why bother? THEY didn't wipe out his race then turn their planet into a monke-themed megacity, and they're not really a threat to the Swall.
>>
>>5983906
>>5983892
Bleh, total brainfart. Last change
>>Urik, Overseer of Agriculture and Ecology
>>Elijah, Overseer of Health & Wellness

>>5983912
That's besides the point. Point is that hopefully, he shouldn't be able to do anything TOO retarded, right?
>>
>>5983820
>Elijah, Overseer of Economy
Fuck it, we could use some capitalism
>>
>>5983885
>Elijah, Overseer of Transportation
I don't want a Yuan supervirus situation.
>>
Also I don't want to tell you guys how to play by correcting every single thing but in Monke game I don't really see the AI network as part of "science", it's ancient at this point and heavily used as a government thing, science is more things LIKE Xenoarcheology as well as discovering new technologies and stuff.
>>
Oh and last thing once again I think some of your Overseer appointments are too niche like "transportation". Like I want to let you all choose but Overseers are like Advisors from the Civilization games, so they're REALLY broad. Like Military, Economy, Science, Religion, Culture, Growth, Wonder-Builder, etc.
>>
>>5983953
Ok.

>Elijah, Overseer of Building Us Cool Stuff
>>
>>5983922
Getting them optimizing economy would be nice.

Had a thought they are good enough for foreign relations and such they are individual to not be pushed around by other cultures but adaptable enough to play in there rules
>>
>>5983983
I'd be more inclined to make them our diplomatic corps if these were just new Swall. They're not, though. These are literally the guys who committed mass suicide rather than adopt form of governance. Why wouldn't the Swall want to just join the Consortium?
>>
>>5983820
>Urik, Overseer of Growth
We need expansion, but I would let him be the military man because I struggle to place his race’s low IQ and perseverance trait in anything else that’s remotely useful.
>Elijah, Overseer of Science
If this guy’s Swalli brilliant then it’s a waste to put him anywhere else- though I would accept Wonder-Building, as I imagine that he’d create something really epic, and I’d want Agori’s arcology and those underwater cities under Jax and the Mitigator’s Homeworld.
>>
>>5983983
We literally just woke them up. They are in no way trustworthy enough to be in charge of our foreign relations.
>>
>>5983820
>Urik, overseer of Health
>Elijah, overseer of Wonderbuild
Play his strength, not giving him too much rope to choke us with (hopefully)
>>
>>5984027
wonderbuild?
>>
>>5984093
see >>5983953
>>
Okay can we get a count of the votes? This is just getting confusing.
>>
>>5983905
changing to
>Elijah, Overseer of Wonder Building
>>
>>
>>5984125
there was a beancounter that used to do it. If you want it, do it yourself.
>>
>>5983820
>Elijah, Overseer of Wunderwaffe
>>
>>
What the hell exactly would an 'overseer of megastructures' do? We only have one megastructure and we're not looking to build any other right now as far as i remember.
>>
>>5983820
Ah, screw it...nobody seems to have a better idea, and i'd rather we get an update today.
>Elijah, Overseer of Megastructures

Maybe he'll be able to make something. I don't know. We have all those Hazaar worlds so maybe they'll be able to make something like flooding one of their planets to create a New Swall now that their homeworld has been paved over by not!Rapture
>>
>>5984197
>we're not looking to build any other right now as far as i remember.
Well, I assume we will now. It's a pretty good time to do it, since we're not at war and have proved ourselves to our enemies for the moment.
>>
Also, I'd like to clarify that I don't want to kick the current guy (was it Munn?) out of his role constructing/supervising the cityplanet. I think it'd be nice to keep him handling the nuts-and-bolts logistical side, while the Swall is the ideas guy.
>>
>>5984321
>Also, I'd like to clarify that I don't want to kick the current guy (was it Munn?) out of his role constructing/supervising the cityplanet
The city planet is done though?
>>
>>5984323
Yeah, but I assume he's still employed/in charge of infrastructure in a general sense, though.
>>
>>5983820
>Elijah, Overseer of Exploration

Urik's pretty obvious, but I think we need to get someone out there exploring the Galactic fringes. And since we've been incredibly lethargic about scouting the loose systems toward the Galactic rim (hell, I don't think we've even fully explored the Haazaar cluster yet) we need an exploration Overseer of some sort to light a fire under that whole area.
>>
>>5983820
>Elijah, Overseer of Exploration

>>5984353
I’m with this anon

>>5984195
One big happy family… I wonder how many years it will be before the secret Swalli independence movement starts
>>
>>5984353
I would also be fine with Overseer of Exploration if Bananas permits it.
>>
>>5984353
I'd support exploration if bananas didn't rule it as too niche.
>>
>Urik, Overseer of Agriculture/Growth.

>Deepscale Elijah, Overseer of Science.
>>
>>5984373
Oh yeah, uh, I'm >>5984302
>>
>>5984414
You didn't count all the exploration votes.
>>5984353
>>5984358
>>5984365
>>5984373
>>
>>5983823 ifo5adI6 Health Xenoarchaeology
>>5983820 /z47usDa xGenocide xBootlicking
>>5983845 wOaXQ/bc Agriculture Science
>>5983857 vsilcWHf Health Xenoarchaeology
>>5983892 LhZuf0pE xHealth xScience
>>5983820 BPIQ92SC xAgriculture xHealth
>>5983906 LhZuf0pE Agriculture Health
>>5983922 /z47usDa Agriculture Economy
>>5983927 M2Hi5jlo Agriculture Transportation
>>5983967 M2Hi5jlo Agriculture Megastructures
>>5983991 Ae38VRrw Growth Science
>>5984027 MYEbFrEU Health Megastructures
>>5984131 BPIQ92SC Agriculture Megastructures
>>5984177 HGOXXHMm Agriculture Megastructures
>>5984302 IobGf8Nq Agriculture Megastructures
>>5983820 xvKcoeQ1 Agriculture Exploration
>>5984358 8cOUHy+W Agriculture Economy
>> 5984375 qnvoeVpG Agriculture Science

Health 3
Agriculture 11
Growth 1

---------------

2 Xenoarchaeology
3 Science
1 Health
2 Economy
1 Transportation
5 Megastructures
1 Exploration
>>
>>5984358
>One big happy family… I wonder how many years it will be before the secret Swalli independence movement starts

You just know. Sigh. You can't genocide a people then make allies with them, no matter how hard you brainwash them.
>>
Good catch. It looks like I misread 5984358 as Economy somehow. I didn't count 5984365 because it's more of a statement than a vote, same with 5984373.

>>5983823 ifo5adI6 Health Xenoarchaeology
>>5983820 /z47usDa xGenocide xBootlicking
>>5983845 (You) wOaXQ/bc Agriculture Science
>>5983857 vsilcWHf Health Xenoarchaeology
>>5983892 LhZuf0pE xHealth xScience
>>5983820 BPIQ92SC xAgriculture xHealth
>>5983906 LhZuf0pE Agriculture Health
>>5983922 /z47usDa Agriculture Economy
>>5983927 M2Hi5jlo xAgriculture xTransportation
>>5983967 M2Hi5jlo Agriculture Megastructures
>>5983991 Ae38VRrw Growth Science
>>5984027 MYEbFrEU Health Megastructures
>>5984131 BPIQ92SC Agriculture Megastructures
>>5984177 HGOXXHMm Agriculture Megastructures
>>5984302 IobGf8Nq Agriculture Megastructures
>>5984353 xvKcoeQ1 Agriculture Exploration
>>5984358 8cOUHy+W Agriculture Exploration
>>5984375 qnvoeVpG Agriculture Science

Urik
Health 3
Agriculture 10
Growth 1

Elijah
Xenoarchaeology 2
Science 3
Health 1
Economy 1
Megastructures 5
Exploration 2
>>
>>5984423
Xenoarchaeology got disallowed, and some of us subsequently changed our votes.
>>
I guess that would make it 5/4 Megastructures to Exploration then.
>>
>>5984430
Yes. It depends in whether exploration is allowed as an overseer department..

Either way I'll change my vote if it means we get the update today, there's no point in waiting another day when most people don't change their votes after they've sent them even if they're invalid.
>>
They don't know about my "Agriculture being a concern in Sci-Fi" pet peeve either... Another wasted Overseer slot baka
>>
An ape must eat. What military doesn't march upon its stomach?
>>
>>5984475
Okay, I gotta say that's just a bit too much. Even if agriculture should be easy, that shit is still massively important. We're talking about moving trillions of tons of food through and within different planets. We're talking about managing workers, robots, about making sure everything runs smoothly. Even if the AI reduces a lot of workload, it doesn't do everything. Not to mention we have a literal new cluster we need to build the infrastructure for colonization.
>>
>>5984477
Not even the army. "Agriculture shouldn't be a concern in scifi" is ridiculous to anyone who actually knows the ridiculous complexity of the system that industrial agriculture requires. When you put in populations in the billions, the sheer level of workers, vehicles, plantations and infrastructure that needs to be managed becomes completely and utterly gigantic. To call it "not a concern" just feels insulting as someone who actually deals with this kind of shit in his line of work
>>
Air, water, food: these are the basic necessities of terrestrial life. On earth enough food is grown that all might eat, yet not all eat. Logistics, Distribution. Food Cubes as a Plot Point. Pharma/Ag world as a choice. Deny Maya and listen to the heart of the Bohdi.
>>
>>5984475
Didn't the planet Xin nearly start dying because of Agricultural overuse on a world that couldn't support it?
>>
>>5984426
I changed from >>5983823 to >>5983889, so Elijah has 4 for science.

>>5984475
>>5983953
If you have very specific ideas of what we should be doing, maybe a write-in is a bad idea and instead you should have given us a list of options.
>>
If agriculture is not allowed, then what the hell do we even have left?
>>
Alright so normally I'd just update without asking for feedback and do it my way but since the vote for Elijah is pretty close and I'm sure people will be butthurt at taking any liberties with the players votes like this, I'll ask instead.

Combining the votes together, I think Elijah could fit best underneath the Overseer position of "Research", with the original "Science" Overseer being made into something else/adapted. This is the Science result winning + exploration + Xenoarchology votes which is slightly higher then the pure construction/engineering result of Megastructures (I was going to rename that to Overseer of Engineering). I know this sounds similar to Science, but less focused on the gene research and terraforming projects (which are now more under Ecology) to help divy up the characters.

Is this a fair result for the above prompt?

Have an unused Header image as a peace offering for the delay.
>>
>>5984837
Sounds better than being stuck at an impasse.
>>
>>5984837
I can support this.
>>
>>5984837
I don't think people will be butthurt over a choice for an overseer. It's really not that big of a deal, at least not in comparison to what people got upset over in the past.
>>
>>5984837
I don't care if Elijah does a variant of Science as long as it doesn't bite us in the ass later. I'd be irritated if QM fiat got us a bad option, but if it's neutral or positive it doesn't matter.
>>
>>5984837
Am >>5984027 Workposting.
I am fine with that result even though my OG vote doesn't go through and can get behind giving him more power than I originally wanted to.
Transparency and feedback request is appreciated Bananas.
>>
”For Urik, I have assigned the new position of the Overseer of Ecology, which includes agricultural output, biosphere stability, as well as the health and safety integration of all of the Hegemony's approved life forms. And for Deepscale, I have assigned him to the position of Overseer of Research.”

The new alien Overseers are a stark reminder to the massive changes that have come to the Hegemony during your reign- but as both are about equally important, neither of the two new alien races gain more social standing then the other, keeping the balance about the same.

Over the majority of the past 50 years, you have ruled the Hegemony not as a Supreme Ruler, but as an Unspeakable. The Mask-wearing spirit of domination and supremacy that has carved a bloody path across the stars. From your victory at The Stand, you began a genocide crusade against the filthy Hazaar, the first truly intelligent alien nation your kind encountered- beyond the murderous and mindless Baalathi that is. After your work, none remain. You have slaughtered every single one of their filthy kind, and their corner of the galaxy now belongs to you. The HVS, their subjugated proxy-state that kept you off the radar of your nearby Galactic rivals, is now fully incorporated into the Hegemony and under your control. Beyond the prestige, livable worlds, and untold resources and riches of those newly captured star systems- it also means the last troublesome thorn of alien parasites was finally plucked from the Hegemony's coat. However, it didn't feel like victory.

Perhaps for the Hazaar, there was no other option. But it took its toll on you. The immense weight of wearing the Mask, the iron grip of being the Unspeakable, controlling every action and resource for the direct and uncompromising goal of extinction of another alien species, no matter how in the way and disgusting they were, still felt like a great burden. Lifting the mask off your face finally did not provide you a sensation of ultimate victory; just a reprieve. In the end, you did everything you did for your people, first and foremost, the elimination of another intelligent species is, in the end, a survival tactic. All battles between species ultimately culminate in extinction. One lives, one dies, that is the way of survival. But that doesn't mean it isn't without loss.
>>
The entire purpose of the battle at the Stand was the secure the rich Azuirum deposits there- enough to finish construction of your current large-scale megaproject- the underwater planet-city of Myym. This city, set to house hundreds of billions of Jaxtians at some point in the future, is being built on the ruins of Swallia, the homeworld of the Swall aliens who, not even two decades ago, were fully extinct. Then, you stumbled across it; hidden underneath layers of sediment and fossils and opaque to your scanners until you knew what to look for.

Buried in the planetary crust of that oceanic planet was a secret Life Vault, whose construction and method of technology was yet unknown at the time. Given its adornments, the scale of its rooms, and the heavy use of Azurium in its construction that made it capable of withstanding being buried so deeply hinted strongly that this vault was created by the Andoen aliens, who died out untold ages ago due to a yet unknown catastrophe. This indicates they have a much greater level of technology then we thought before; as it seemed by their star charts and lack of expansion they could only travel within their own solar system at best. Within this life vault are special pods, reminiscent of the Life Machine minus its 'improvement', which have the yet unexplained ability to bring back the long dead to life.

This part of it still bugs you.
>>
Once the vault was opened however, millions of Swall were suddenly revivified by the life pods, crawling out of them with full memories of the day of their excitation, almost a hundred years ago now. While a complete shock, logic dictates that the Andoen aliens did not produce a single life vault on a random planet capable of harboring life, and as such Vetuck was searched, and a matching vault that allowed the Vetuckers to be revived was found shortly after.

Your scientists are not exactly sure why the life vaults were present on the planet. Having a secondary method of surviving an extinction level event like this makes sense, but the planets were not ever colonized by the Andoen aliens, as far as you know. Their Azurium structures would be more present in the fossil record and deep strata of the planets crust. It also seems highly unlikely for them to have built the life pods for another species entirely, and given their depth in the planet crust, it seems they were likely built on the surface over a hundred million years ago, which was before intelligent life evolved on those planets to begin with.

Because these were clearly built during a period long ago, your recent terraforming of Xin means that no Life-Vault will be found there. The Blue Hazaar are truly no more.

Because of how long ago they were built, it seems most likely they were an early form of expansion or future-proofing for the planets, perhaps with the intent of a future technology being able to “send” over people to be produced by the pods to colonize the planet, but that technology was never developed. It could also be those planets once housed Andoen aliens, but died off before the pods could be opened...
>>
In just over the past ten years, the new introduction of the Swall and Vetuck aliens back into the fold underneath the Hegemony has radically shifted your administration and imperial aspirations. You were planning on spending the twilight years of your reign exploring and making good use of the newly annexed territory, but now, this has complicated everything. Cijan is even saying this will be the start of a new Era in Hegemonic history. The moment the Life-Vaults were discovered, you already made your choice. You wanted to bring the aliens back into the Hegemony, to undo what had happened to them underneath Wrix, and this serendipitous, once-in-a-lifetime event has allowed you to do so. But the question is... why?

Whenever you seek guidance, you consult with your own long-dead ancestor- Talacent Takar. Of course, it's really just a hologram imitation run by your secret Threemind computer system, but his advice is usually pretty solid.

“...Of course there is risks in allowing them to live, young Supreme. There are risks in everything. The only 100% way to be sure they won't cause problems is to end them, as prior Supremes knew.”
”Don't call me “Young Supreme”, you look younger then me now.”
“I could age up this projection for the latter years of the reign, if you'd prefer.”
”No... that's fine. Let me look and remind myself of younger days. I wish I was as self confident as he was, to just know to stop the first Xenocide, even if it was to a species that did not deserve it. He knew the importance of Jaxtian primacy as well as anyone, the constant struggle of survival of the fittest, and yet he did so anyway.”
“...You know, my AI system tends towards coddling older members of the Hegemony, shielding them from negative stimulus and harmful introspection. Once someone reaches a certain age, the cost-benefit of reminding them of their squandered potential to inspire meaningful change versus the harm it causes shift further and further towards ignorance. But of course, such manipulations are beneath someone of your stature.”
”What is the relevance of that Statement, Threes?”
“You are beyond that curve.”
”...”
“This is silly. Hass Takar, I command thee, as a Supreme long past and your ancestor, to tell me why you wanted to spare the Vetuckers and Swall and bring them back. Just tell me why, and maybe this will clear it up for you.”

>Ultimately, they were innocent. That is reason enough.
>Shame to destroy something unique and irreplaceable
>Valuable resources they could end up being
>I just think it makes things more interesting.
>>
>>5985354
Like tacticle gold and starwine, they are strange and strangely beautiful things, which we now own.

>>5984658 is me.
>>
>>5985354
Interesting choices, but I'm not quite sure which is best. If it was me, I'd have picked something along the lines of "It's nice to give the Jaxtian race a few friends in this galaxy", but I suppose that doesn't quite fit.
>>5985364
But it's not really just because it's "unique" right? Aristocrats are extremely unique, but we sure as hell don't like them.
>>
>>5985366
I'll allow this as a write in.
>>
>>5985354
>>I'm just thinking maybe the Swall could figure out how to make more Celestial Wine. Not that I'm addicted or anything.
>>
>>5985369
Okay, in that case,
> "It's nice to give the Jaxtian race a few friends in this galaxy
Which is a perfectly fine reason, I think. The Migrators are cool guys but they basically operate on slowmode. The Esaal aren't in war with us, but they're pretty much rivals, they'd probably rather die out in glorious combat before accepting Hegemonic control. I don't need to talk about the consortium or the aristocrats.
>>
>>5985371
Kek.

>>5985364
Can confirm this is me.
>>
>>5985354
>> "It's nice to give the Jaxtian race a few friends in this galaxy
What is life without anyone to share it with?
>>
>>5985354
> "It's nice to give the Jaxtian race a few friends in this galaxy."
The real Xenocide were the friends we made along the way.
>>
>>5984475
I don't think it's fair to have the quest filled with secret "correct" answers based on your personal opinions.
It's one thing to seed clues in-universe, but when your tastes dictate the right game actions, you encourage "playing the ref" instead of engaging with the story or mechanics.
>>
>>5985349
>All battles between species ultimately culminate in extinction.
That's objectively untrue. Parasitism, symbiosis, endosymbiosis, domestication, and even predatory-prey dynamics tend to form stable balances (until an outside force disrupts them).
Even if you use modern nation-states as the point of comparison, literal thousands of years of history have shown a lot of the time conflict ends with a change in conditions rather than total annihilation of one culture.
>>
>>5985354
I've had my fill of edge. I want to stare an uncaring, hostile universe in the face and be a good guy anyway.
>>
>>5985354
>>
>>5985568
>I've had my fill of edge
I agree, but think it's a bit too hard of a turn for Hass Takar, the Unspeakable who wiped out the Hazaar.

>>5985554
>>5985563
I also agree, but I think that "all battles between species ultimately culminate in extinction" bit is justifiable as a deeply-ingrained Hegemonic belief. It's already a big deal that Hass is willing to go against that instinct to the extent of welcoming and integrating the Vetuckers and Swalli.
>>
>>5985354
It’s both of the top options for me, however I don’t know if voting for both is allowed.

Will say though, the bottom two options also have a point, just a less salient one in my view.
>>
>>5985354
>>5985366 +1
>I wanted friends in the universe. Someone for the Jaxtians to play with, to learn from and grow as a civilization. Before we met them we knew nothing about the wider universe. Through first contact we were inspired to develop a space military, anti-gravity, FTL, and a host of other innovations. Alone we grew slowly. With friends we grew quickly. You young supremes might think of it as finally having a sparring partner to train with.

Friendship. That does really seem like Talacent.
>>
>>5985354
>>
>>5985354
>There are many who betray the Hegemony, in ways great or small; and they deserve punishment for this crime. Collective punishment is a blunt instrument, yet at times this is necessary for an ordered and stabled society.
>Yet even these most extreme of punishments need to be applied with logic and thought. Wrix was an idiot who neither earned his Supremacy from a worth predecessor, nor possessed the wits to win it for himself. When faced with Jaxtian insurrection and Haazar machinations, he vented impotent fury on destroying loyal Vetuckers and innocent Swall rather then comprehensively punishing the true culprits. We put on the mask against the Haazaar to correct Wrix's mistakes, and revived the Swall and Vetuckers also to correct Wrix's mistakes.
>>
"This has gotten out of hand. The Haazar on this ship could be the last of their kind. You know Vul would have done it, especially if he had survived the data attack on the Cirrus. You think Kinja might have done it too. Eoba certainly would do it, especially to protect his soldiers. But you won't do it. You are Talacent Intari and you won't commit Xenocide."

It was 'last of their kind' after all. But AI Talacent ain't the og no-xenocide-bro Talacent.
>>
>>5985696
Oh, good point.

Changing my vote from >>5985670
to:

Once we found that the Aristocrats and Hazaar were the same species, the Hazaar instantly became ultimately expendable.
>>
>>5985354
>>
>>5985354
>> "It's nice to give the Jaxtian race a few friends in this galaxy
>>
>>5985354

So the whalefish starseer are not even discernable in the color pie chart?
>>
>>5985906
The migrators are far too different to actually have any social weight. They don't have use for stuff like money or power because they spend most of their lives just kinda floating around. Aside from when we heat them up, they mostly just seem fine swimming and using starsight to guide ships.
>>
>>5985354
>>5985647
+1
But I think "allies" is a little less ooshy-gooshy than "friends."
>>
>>5985354
>>
"...We are surrounded by so many enemies. So many unacceptable alien species inhabit this universe. We are boxed in on all sides... It would be nice to have some friends for a change."
"Oh? Is simply producing more Jaxtians to fill the same space not enough?"
"No. Everyone wants to be judged and appreciated, even species in cutthroat competition. It'd be nice if someone, somewhere doesn't see us as monsters. Who align with us in our goals and values, not out of force, but preservation that makes us unique and beautiful all our own. Not to mention their unique perspectives they bring to the table. Perhaps together, we will be stronger then apart. I know it's illogical, any superior culture can make up for it without the risks, but I already made my choice. I will ensure their survival, and their continued place. They will be our friends- like it or not. In the same way Akule preserved the blonde minority; was our Hegemony harmed by them? No- it was better for it."
"The great racial soup argument, from our degenerate capitalist era?"
"Now you're acting out of character, Threes. You're supposed to be Talacent."
"You're right. I was just testing to see if you had the right response ready to go."
"Mixing up races and cultures in a big soup is fine; as long as all the ingredients are good to begin with. Wanting to cooperate is fine, but that doesn't mean you have to throw shit in the soup."
"I'm proud of you, Hass Takar."

Over the past 5 or so odd years, once the pods were discovered, began the work of incorporating the now revived aliens back into Hegemonic control and thinking. As survivors coming from Life Vaults; these represented only a tiny fraction of a fraction of the original population, especially in comparison to the great Jaxtian majority of the empire. But more strangely were the individuals the life vaults seemed to spit out.

It didn't just pick them in order; some of the ones who died at the beginning of the genocide program have come back from the vaults, all of their memories intact until the day of their death. Some of the ones who died were young and some old, some were rich or poor, it selected from a great range. Though none are terminally ill or invalid, the process was far more equitable and seemingly random then how the Hegemony would have set up a revival program. Or more accurately- a clone with implanted memories program. Since obviously, these are not truly the same individuals. Merely, identical copies. But this selection process only raises more questions.

The pods only seemed to preserve those who died of that species on their native planet. This could be a question of limited range, but many many Jaxtians have died of natural causes since then on the same planet, yet none were found in those life pods. The life vaults also seemed to pull from all over the planets surface- not necessarily geographically the closest pod.
>>
Furthermore; how did the pods know to preserve the lives of the people at the time of their extinction, instead of having people from before or shortly after? How did it select for intelligence, and didn't simply grab any living creature of any species? The pods don't seem to be specially connected to the planet's species, there was no seeming sample granted of the race's DNA for it to draw from to find suitable candidates. In fact, the Life-Vaults were probably buried millions of years before those species ever even evolved.

But you have a more pressing affair.

The Life Pods that spit out the genocided members of the Vetucker and Swall races are not static. They are not one and done. The pods are continually producing more; perhaps as a method of repopulation after a mass extinction. But each pod is producing more of the same individual. Of the few scant million Swall and Vetuckers who have come back from their extinctions, there are now identical clones being produced by the life pods, given the same memories and biological state as the survivor was when first ejected from the pod.

"...Why does the future have so many clones?"

Currently, the Hegemony is 99% Jaxtian in its demographic and will likely stay that way for a very long time. However, the life pods are producing new Vetucker and Swall clones at an astonishing rate, only taking a few weeks to spit out another cloned holocaust survivor. What this means is that the efforts to repopulate the empire with Vetucker and Swall could actually be helped by simply leaving the life vaults as they are. But that means there are multiple Vetucker and Swall clones running around; millions upon millions of copies, to which some of the aliens find distressing.

Of course, with the newfound massive expansion of the Hegemony's territory in space, your mega structure product, and the many many generations it would take to regrow the Vetuck and Swall to their original population; this strange quirk of the life pods may be a benefit. On top of this, your scientists and behavioral psychologists are loving seeing how the subtle changes in environment and their prospects in the Hegemony is affecting otherwise identical genetic duplicates. It's great fuel for your AI system's algorithms, especially for the new converts to the Hegemony who you need to build more data on. But at the same time, the aliens may feel a bit like replaceable products on an assembly line then unique individuals...

>Turn off the Life-Pods from producing more clones
>Study the socioeconomic impact of the clones in the wider Hegemony
>Continue producing cloned survivors to increase the Swall and Vetucker populations to healthy numbers
>>
>>5986324
primarily this.

Secondarily this, with those clones we have so far, if there's enough for it to matter, and if we can do both.
>>
>>5986334
You can only select one option.
>>
>>5986335
This one, then.
>>
>>5986324
>>Study the socioeconomic impact of the clones in the wider Hegemony
>>
>>5986324
>>Turn off the Life-Pods from producing more clones
>>
>>5986324
>>
>>5986324
>Turn off the Life-Pods from producing more clones.
Shut it down.
>>
>>5986324
>>
>>5986324
>Study the socioeconomic impact of the clones in the wider Hegemony. Besides, Threes can use the data to figure out how to efficiently use the new arrivals. They might form into clone-castes or something.
>Also study the operation of the life-pods. Presumably it's easier to study them while they are running than if they are off.
>Set up a re-education and integration pipeline for the new arrivals. They are coming from the horrors of war and will need to know their place in this alien future rather than left free to form their own narrative and traditions.
>>
>>5986381
>anyone being free to create their own institutions and traditions as Hegemonic subjects
No need to worry about THAT, anon.
>>
>>5986324
>Study the socioeconomic ramifications

But yeah, this life vault business makes me think:
Is there one on Jaxt?
>>
>>5986324

I'm pretty sure we had their populations genetically recorded (we certainly did for the Vetuckers), so we could just start putting out our own Vetuckers in artificial wombs but drawn from our sampling in random combinations believed to produce superior individuals. Bringing back Vetuckers was always within our power.
>>
I hope you guys are happy they're back.
>>
>>5986402
I'm in the minority that don't really care about Swalli. Vetuckers are cool, though, and I'm happy for the another anons. Hazaar were actually my favorites, though.
>>
>>5986324
If most of the population is already cloned at least once, the impact of environment upon genetic can already be examined
>>
>>5986324
It's nice to have them back. Thank you Mr. Bananas
KRAK2
>>
>>5986324
>>Study the socioeconomic impact of the clones in the wider Hegemony
Science!
>>
>>5986324
I'd rather not continue producing clones of people who experienced genocide, thank you very much.

>>5986402
Oh, i'm absolutely happy. It's great to see them back. It'll be cool to see what characters come out of those two.
>>
>>5986317
> great racial soup
Unless we can find a way to make vetuckers, jaxtians and swalli interbreed, they can't really mix. Even if they keep having a bunch of children, the amount of jaxtians will continue the exact same because they're entirely differnet species. I'd call it more of an 'species cereal', the ingredients continue independent yet together.
>>
>>5986324
>>
>>5986324
>>
>>5986324
Actually, I realized something, while we probably shouldn't keep making more survivor clones, would it be possible to make something like 'Indigo Vetuckers'?
>>
>>5986324
>>
>>5986324
>>
>>5986403
I don't think that's a minority opinion
>>
>>5986590
Nah, most posts seem to be just votes but when we were discussing it most people wanted to see how the swalli specifically would turn out.
>>
>>5986592
I personally don't care much, but haven't been voting for or discussing about it. I prefer looking at how the Jaxtians are able to survive in a universe that's generally hostile to them.
>>
>>5986606
Don't get me wrong the other aliens are cool, but I like the main focus to be on our guys.
>>
>>5986324
I would prefer to keep pumping out the clones and resettling them on our expansions- we do need to fix the former colonies economy after all.

>>5986402
I am happy to see a wrong rectified- with any luck, we’ll stopping shooting ourselves in the foot and stop genociding all the work we put into our empire.
>>
>>5986606
>I prefer looking at how the Jaxtians are able to survive in a universe that's generally hostile to them.
Honestly I feel the same way.
>>
>>5986697
Honestly, i think it's kinda lame for it to be just that. 'Single species vs entire universe' is pretty much the most common way it happens. If there is something it's always just some dubious allies. In sci-fi, it's *always* that they're either giga xenophobes who hate everyone else, or liberal democratic xenophiles.
>>
>>5986701
To be fair in Halo there's a faction of aliens that are multicultural religious authoritarians, I forget what they're called.
>>
>>5986709
The Covenant, yes, but the Covenant are the enemy faction. We don't really experience society from *their* side.
>>
>>5986606
That’s a neat take, though the Worm Submission/Refusal deal sorta refutes that take.

>>5986701
For me, it’s less that and more a specific quirk of this quest that cropped up twice now.

>>5986713
>We don't really experience society from *their* side
Your fucking with me, right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=feuNlqM_o3g&pp=ygUMYXJiaXRlciBtZW1l
>>
>>5986736
>Your fucking with me, right?
I'm talking about society, anon. Not just military matters or religiosus zealotry.
>>
>>5986402
I don't care as long as the Hazaar dies
>>
>>5986753
Damn, the Migrators finally got to the Yuan Arc.
>>
>>5986324
>>
>>5986324
>>Continue producing cloned survivors to increase the Swall and Vetucker populations to healthy numbers
>>
>>5986740
Friend, that is their society. Just like the Necromongers in the Chronicles of Riddick.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (117 KB, 1000x721)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
Voting is now closed, with "Turn Off" being the winner.
>>
The following is a bonus update which took longer then I thought to finish. Real update will be ~12 hours.
>>
It is the Year 99 of the Resurrection Era and you are Wrix Val, the once Unspeakable, and today is the day of your scheduled euthanasia.

As a very old Jaxtian, you have no fear of cancer or neurological decay as causes of death; with accident or exposure also being non-issues. Jaxtian lifespans have been extended by technology up to 100 years of age or older, and as a blonde you are blessed with a bit of natural longevity as well. However, your time is up, and the alternative is a painful and humiliating death to the geriatric protien collapse syndrome which puts a hard cap on all Jaxtians. You are joined by your son, Yino, and the current science Overseer of the Hegemony- Maktana Nanonae.

"Thank you so much for helping me walk, boys. I can barely see too; you're too kind."
"Oh- *sniff* Dad... I'm going to miss you!"
"It's okay Yino, I will miss you too. But I've lived a good life. I was the Supreme, and the Unspeakable, I did so much to further our race and people. The ultimate good. And thank you Maktana, for overseeing my funeral! Normally the current Supreme makes funeral arrangements for their predecessor... Even if he isn't Bantam."
"That's alright. Hass Takar is quite busy completing your bloody work, Unspeakable one."
"And you even let me be euthanized in my Imperial Robe! You're too kind. Alright, I'm ready. Put me in the pod."

The door slides shut over you, the automatic glass darkening as the euthanasia process completes to hide the cadaver but giving the family time to watch them go. It's a highly evolved process. First, lasers lobotomize the patient, which prevent all conscious thought and sever the pain centers of the pain, before gas floods the chamber causing them to fall into their final sleep. It's a bit scary to be in here, but you know exactly what you're getting into. This is where almost all Jaxtians meet their end.

Suddenly, you feel an intense heat in the back of your skull and a blip- the lasers cut. But with a start, you realize you are not... braindead? You are still thinking? You try to move your limbs and find you are paralyzed. What happened? Did the laser miss? You can only move your eyes! Suddenly, the hiss of gas begins as the chamber fills- but it smells sickly sweet. Wait, is that CO2?

You start to feel a rise of panic. All oxygen breathing creatures release stress hormones and can feel suffocation from CO2 poisoning. This isn't the correct kind of gas! This is what you used to execute millions of disgusting alien parasites during your reign as Unspeakable. How did the wrong gas fill the chamber. In a panic, you dart your eyes at Yino, your soon, trying to plead with him and show him something is wrong before the lid of your pod, soon to be your coffin, darkens to nothing. No! Stop smiling and waving at me you idiot! I'm not wishing you goodbye! Hurry up and help me!

Wait, Maktana! He's a genius. He'll know something is wro-
>>
File: Spoiler Image (142 KB, 1000x707)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>
>>5987158
>>5987159
based maktana. i'm certain the OG would have been proud.
>>
>>5987159
HOLY based.
>>
>>5987159
>>5987158
Damn. Suffocating to death and being fully aware yet unable to stop it a gnarly way to go. Gotta admit, based.
>>
>>5987285
Eh...he was already going to die anyway. It was just slightly less peasant than it should have been. Far from what a guy who acid washed babies deserves, but better than just dying peacefully.
>>
>>5987289
Eh, the fact he has to experience it instead of being lobotomized through the whole thing makes it a bit more than 'slightly more unpleasant' in my eyes but tomato, tah-mah-toe.
>>
>>5987159
RIP Wrix, you rustled jimmies and trolled a bit too hard.
>>
>>5987159
RIP Wrix, too based to die easy.
>>
>>5987159
If I had a nickel for every time the second clone of a supreme candidate killed an psychotic old supreme ruler, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.
>>
>>5987285
He achieved all he wanted in life. He still won.
>>
>>5987377
>aliens he genocided are back and considered actual citizens now
>>
>>5987377
>>5987378
He totally got undermined in the end, but I don't know if Wrix knows that. It kind of sounds like he's been lied to. See:

>"That's alright. Hass Takar is quite busy completing your bloody work, Unspeakable one."
>>
>>5987389
Actually no, this was 3 years before the reintroduction of the Vetuckers and Swalli. He died in Year 99. The reintroduction is in Year 102.
>>
>>5987390
Oh, I see. Wasn't paying attention to the dates. Then yeah, he got cucked, kek
>>
>>5987159
Kek. Based Maktana. Couldn't have happened to a shittier primate. And by the time HE dies, some of Maktana's friends will live again!
>>
>>5987410
Technically speaking, he could literally meet his apprentice again. Or rather, his clone with every single memory he has.
>>
>>5987412
IF he's one of those the machine selected to revivify.
>>
>>5987429
There were multiple batches of clones. It was actually making the aliens unsettled. Honestly, must be kind of a mindfuck, from their perspective they were murdered and then boom 100 years later they're revived because actually the guy who genocided you got replaced and now they want you to be a full citizen.
>>
>>5987159
Rest well, most based Supreme. They hate you cause they ain't you.
>>
You are Hass Takar again, and regarding the Life-Pods, a hitherto unknown technology, are continually producing the last members of the Swall and Vetucker species before their inevitable extinction occurred. While bringing more of these unique alien species into the world may be your goal; more of these traumatized ones may not be your goal. You ultimately decide to turn them off, perhaps studying them just in case there may be unintended consequences down the line. After all, they can't just work forever with the same genetic material and fuel... right?

Because of your decision to turn off the life machines, the Swall and Vetucker population remains in the extreme minority. As of right now, only a few million of each species exist, though it is well above replacement level and with more then enough individuals to avoid genetic bottlenecking. As of right now, each individual has one or two clones of themselves running around the Hegemony; it is trivial to assign them to separate communities or even heavenly bodies to avoid any awkwardness that may arise, but it isn't quite enough duplicates to feed your AI network more juicy data.

As such, the racial social weight remains unchanged, and you gain no new scientific advancements. Hopefully, the Vetucker and Swall are happy about this decision.

Year of 104 of the Resurrection Era
You meet with a trusted colleague and important official, Maktana Nanonae III, the current Overseer of Science. He will likely be the last one, due to you expanding your cabinet positions. While you are sure this Deepscales fellow will do a good job as the Overseer of Research, you have excused him of any research involving the life pods or anything at all involving the ancient alien technology that was the crux of his race's survival. Just in case.

”Maktana... I am tired of your excuses. We need answers regarding the Life Pods. This is an incredible technology, and we still don't have a clue about it.”
”My lord Takar, I have already told you my theory.”
”Your theory is baseless. I will hear no more of it. Find the real cause.”
”Does the concept of-”
”By Agori's jiggly jowels, I'll flog you myself if I have to. Don't you dare!”
”Please... Lord Supreme, be reasonable. What other explanation is there?”
>>
On the topic of the Life Pods & Life Vaults, several top levels scientists have been baffled by a specific concept. While you can roughly figure how the machines work in growing new life, it's simply a slightly more advanced artifical womb your species can already build, the issue is how was the genetic material of the Swall and Vetuck was added into the pods, and how the electro-chemical signals that make up their memories were perfectly replicated. Since their discovery, this riddle has boggled their minds.

”With all due respect, your Grace, the Life Pods were buried beneath the planet's crust. They gave off no obvious signals nor received them, else we would have found them by now and their role as a secret backup for living beings would be pointless. This means it would be impossible for them to have done a perfect full body scan or imprint of the living Vetuckers and Swall and copied them for use in the pods, at least according to any mechanism we know.”
”What about predictive algorithms?”
”Predictive- My Lord, that is even less plausible. These were buried one hundred million years ago. To somehow exactly predict not only the evolution of creatures on the planet even with a perfect understanding at the time they were buried, but the exact time of death and mental or physical state of the individuals who would be killed in an extinction level even not related to their planet's biosphere or stellar equivalent; somehow able to exactly predict the rise of the Jaxtian empire with all of its technology and perfectly create a copy of whatever existed on the surface at the exact moment we came to kill them... I mean that kind of simulation and prediction is beyond even the Threemind. By quite a considerable amount. And it would have had to do this without any server forms, no complicated power core... these explanations don't work.”
”It could have been another technology. The Andoen's were quite skilled with quantum entanglement. Perhaps cells harvested of living creatures were placed in the pods, and they were entangled to them, so as they evolved and survived over the years the ones in the pods would “keep up” with the evolving lifeforms until their inevitable death?”
”An interesting theory, and probably one of the best ones, but my lord... you're forgetting the basic laws of thermodynamics. Those underground life vaults and the pods are closed systems. No new energy or mass from the planet's surface could have been added. After a hundred million years it would experienced such entropy that it would no longer be viable. Small cell cultures can survive for many, many years in ideal conditions, but millions? It's just not possible.”
”Then what other explanation remains, Maktana?”
>>
”It hints at something greater, some unknown element of being that can exist outside of the body. Perhaps linked with Starsight, something the Andoen aliens were also proficient with. Could it be that these pods could somehow... capture the souls of the slain aliens, growing their bodies back for them, their memories and states preserved until they were opened again?”
”No. That is not the explanation. It is out of the question.”
”...My lord, why does this explanation offend you so much? I ask with all respect, I bow to your wisdom in all other matters, but I simply cannot-”
”The Soul does not exist. There is nothing more offensive, no concept more odorous and animal, then the concept of a Soul. It is beneath the mind of a Supreme Ruler, as it is beneath his Overseers. There have never been measured any energy wave or loss of mass or unseen radiation or gravity shift or any confirmation in any sort that some sort of magical “spirit” exists in conjunction with a living creature or a brain. All personality, all memory, all thought and consciousness exists because of the brain. It is self evident- the existence of clones and genetic duplicates produced by the life pods disprove the “soul” theory to begin with! It is the inarguable, unfailing cornerstone of all Materialism! It was known in the times of Akule, and he warned us specifically about this danger of thinking, of Spiritualism, and how it must be cast down in all cases...”
”I do not remember this warning. Which public speech was this?”
”It's not of your concern. It's something only those who become inducted into the Supreme Ruler see. I'd appreciate if you keep that information to yourself. But rest assured, the case was inarguable. There must be another explanation, and I'd like you to find it before you retire, as I doubt those lesser minds would be able to pierce this mystery as well as you, my trusted Overseer.”
”As you wish, my King.”

With the conversation at a close, you focus your attention a new task. Some burning question, related and deeply unnerving in its implication. You've been so focused on introducing the aliens back in the Hegemony and the wake of the Hazaar eradication that you haven't even had time to seriously consider it yet.
>>
The Life Vaults built on Vetuck and Swall were obviously built when the planets harbored life on them. While the exact reason as to how they work or why they were built has not yet been answered, it still shows that planets that housed life were chosen for these special installations. But these are not the only planets in your local cluster which the Andoen aliens could have reached. Two more planets, the Andoen homeworld, as well as your own homeworld of Jaxt, both had life at the times when the Life Vaults were built, and they have yet to be seriously searched for Life Vaults of their own. It seems like a non-starter to assume those planets don't have life vaults of their own; why would they build them on Swallia and Vetuck II but not Jaxt or their own homeworld? Logic would dictate that those planets would have life vaults too.

...But what would you even find there?

If the life pods are sentient, and are tasked with perserving the intelligent life of the planet in the event of mass death and extinction, then Jaxt would either be innert or constantly filling and purging with its current members in preparation for a mass death. Or perhaps, more disturbingly, could it have interpreted the rogue AI of Ingar's coup as an extinction event? And what of the Andoen? The yet unknown three eyed alien giants could still exist within their own life pods. And with knowledge of that ancient time when they were still alive.

As a saving grace, your scientists have already ruled out the possibility that there were any life vaults built on the planet Xin, the once-homeworld of the Blue Hazaar hybrids. That planet was inert and lifeless until you terraformed and colonized it, meaning there are no life pods underneath, the Blue Hazaar are truly gone.

As a final complication, it seems once the life vaults are opened and the pods releasing their charges of cloned survivors, they seem to no longer be able to function, like opening the box spoils the mystery. It makes sense they are one time use only, but it does mean that digging them up will prevent their function as serving as a second chance for a species...

What should you do?
>Find & Open Life Vaults (Andoen, Jaxt, or both- specify)
>Leave the Life Vault on Jaxt as a second chance for the Jaxtian people in case of extinction
>Destroy the Life Vault on Andoen and prevent whatever is inside from ever being released
>Wait & Bury the two open vaults to see if you can “reset” them to see how they work
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>5987579
That "other" makes me think there's something we can figure out here.
>>
>>5987579
>Find & Open Life Vaults (Andoen)
>Leave the Life Vault on Jaxt as a second chance for the Jaxtian people in case of extinction
How do you pronounce Nanonae? Nano-nai-ay? Nanonee?
>>
>>5987590
I could *swear* it was Naonae, not Nanonae.
>>
>>5987593
No it was definitely Nanonae
>>
>>5987590
Also, do we really want to possibly add another race into the mix? I feel like we should wait until the vetuckers and swalli are settled in until we bring someone else.
>>
>>5987597
Perhaps, but I do want to do it eventually. I would support a delaying of opening the Andoen vaults.
>>
>>5987579
>Destroy the Life Vault on Andoen and prevent whatever is inside from ever being released
>>
>>5987598
Of course, at the same time, one could argue they might know about the shit the worms are up to and could save our asses in such a case.

You think it would be possible to "partially" Open the Andoen vault? Like, just open a few to see who they are? Or does it automatically release everyone when you open it?
>>
>>5987159
While this is a good bit of catharsis it does make me wonder what Maktana was doing during Eric's reign .
>>5987158
>>
>>5987579
>Open the Jaxt life vault
I want to see if we can bring back Talacent
>>
>>5987611
That seems very dumb, the Jaxt vault is basically a chance to survive if we get hit with some extinction event. We should keep it safe.
>>
>>5987579
Too advanced, too scary.
>>
>>5987590
Support
>>
>>5987579
>>
File: 1662646767787376.png (709 KB, 1200x1364)
709 KB
709 KB PNG
>>5987593
It was. I simply forgot the spelling, it's happened a few times. I usually design monke names by mouth feel and say them out loud, but after months and months guess I just forget.
>>
The thing about the Jaxt life vault is that it probably contains the genomes from the last apocalypse, when nukes were unleashed and the Unspeakable exterminated the undesireables. Jaxtian society was built on the elimination of those genes, and we aren't aware of any lost genetic material which would be beneficial to splice into the modern genome. Bringing back the discarded Jaxtian subspecies would be a mistake.

>>5987579
>Find & Open a life vault on Andoen. Study whatever emerges to determine if it has a place in our great society. Take precautions to limit the chance of a xenomorph breakout event or similar (controlled environment, contained air, etc.)
>Find & store the life vaults on Jaxt. See if we can reset them to eliminate any undesireable genetic data contained within.
>Ask the Aristocrats if they know anything about life vaults like this. It seems like their style of technology.
>Instruct this Deepscale fellow and Overseer Urik to oversee a xeno-acheological / xeno-geological survey of the other worlds we can observe to see if any of them show signs of life in the past. It is possible that there are vaults on slain worlds, and even if there aren't it can help our science to understand the rise and fall of biospheres on a variety of alien worlds, partially to prevent the same fate from befalling our worlds.

Alternate theories to the life vaults:
1. Maktana made them to preserve the species during the holocaust and is obfuscating
2. The machines can idly listen for a mass psychic disruption, such as the holocausts, and turned on to capture the data at that time, which is why we get holocaust era replicants and not the dead from other times
3. We did something else during the holocaust which incidentally activated the vaults. They are deep though, so the air and soil changes are unlikely to have been the source. These listening devices can exist without energy expenditure though. Imagine a chemical listening device which activated the machine when iron concentrations rose too quickly, indicating massive bloodshed or something.
4. The devices were on a set timer and just so happened to activate at the time of the holocaust (begs the question).
>>
>>5987579
>Find the Andoen vault, but don't open it
>>
>>5987579
>Wait & Bury the two open vaults to see if you can “reset” them to see how they work
>>
>>5987579

>>5987870
liking the idea
>>
Can we please not destroy the andoen vault for LITERALLY NO REASON?
>>
>>5987579
This seems to be the only vote with a hope of avoiding the andon vaults destruction.
>>
>>5987579
>>Leave the Life Vault on Jaxt as a second chance for the Jaxtian people in case of extinction
>>Destroy the Life Vault on Andoen and prevent whatever is inside from ever being released
>>
>>5987579
>Find & Open Life Vault (Andoen)

>Leave the Life Vault on Jaxt as a second chance for the Jaxtian people in case of extinction.

What I'm most interested in learning is what actually killed the Andoen aliens (or what they were trying to protect themselves against when their turret system went rogue), and if we can get an answer directly from them...
>>
>>5987579
>>Leave the Life Vault on Jaxt as a second chance for the Jaxtian people in case of extinction
>Find and open a few Andoen vaults. Their intel on the Cyte will be priceless.
>>
>>5987579
>Find the Andoen vault
Could we scan whatever’s in the vault?
>>
>>5987971
I'd be willing to change >>5987934 to 'open the andoen vault' if it was able to switch the vote to something that isn't destroying it. I just don't want to destroy it.
>>
>>5987579
>Find & Open Life Vaults (Andoen)
>>
Didn't have time for a full update today.

Instead a hypothetical. Which Space Monke species do you think is most OP or impactful compared to modern humans if one individual of that species was suddenly iseaki'd into the real world?
>>
>>5988627
Probably the teleporting psychic vermin who feed on consciousness.
>>
>>5988632
This. Hazaar have potential, too, though, being essentially fully-sapient xenomorphs with tool sue. Aristocrats especially, having Life Machine-perfected bodies.
>>
>>5988662
It's just a single one, though. And Hazaar are just normal people besides their dagger things. And they're nudists. You could probably magdump one pretty easily
>>
>>5988675
They can spread rapidly, though, because they have precocial youth. Dickstab some people or even maybe livestock, form a small army. And we don't know what Aristo-Hazaar are capable of, really.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (95 KB, 1000x707)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
I counted up the votes as normal but I don't see a reason to close voting right now since I can't update yet anyway.
>>
>>5988627
Migrator.
Why? Because they are perfect and I love them :)
>>
I'd say maybe keep the vaults in both planets untouched for now, to see what we may gain from them on an emergency.
But if we absolutely must explore the Andoen vaults, search for only one pod, instead of trying to uncover them all at once.

And yes, the Worms would definitely be the most overpowered. An Aristocrat is not too far behind and would have better chances in our world, only occassionaly turning people into instruments instead of having to eat living things.
>>
>>5989140
Yeah but an Aristocrat would be in a way worse position without their fancy ancient technology. Worms don't need technologies *at all*
>>
>>5989143
Worms do seem to need other worms, though. They can definitely think through Starsight to each other and draw upon each other for physical mass to some degree, so we don't know exactly how much potential use a single worm would be if separated from the rest of their galactic mindlink.

I'm going to go with a single green Dog, he can run a whole universe on the computer as a simulation.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>
>>5989143
And Aristocrat could probably start a small cult centred around their centuries or millennia of knowledge, including quite possibly detaield tech-specs since (IIRC) they're super cyborgs with advanced brains AND bodies.
>>
While we're waiting...how do you reckon the Hegemony or one of the Monkeverse States would, presently, be on Stellaris? I remember someone did the hegemony, but that was a long time ago.

I don't think you'd be able to do it on vanilla, due to not enough ethic points. The Hegemony is at the same time Fanatic Authoritarian, Fanatic Militarist and Fanatic Materialist. I'd still call them, 'Xenophobes', just with that one trait that lets you make aliens of your own "type" to be non-slaves (In this case, the Vetuckers and Swalli)
>>
>>5989223
I've made Jaxtians before in Stellaris and I don't know what it is now since they changed the game a bunch but I remember really liking the combo of Fanatic Collectivist + Materialist, which I felt fit them best. They aren't especially militaristic.
>>
>>5989225
>Fanatic Collectivist
That's not an ethic anymore.
>They aren't especially militaristic.
Huh? They literally allow klingon death duels for the title of supreme. There's even an special addition to the robe for those who did so.
>>
>>5989234
This was based more on early Monke quest, before the knife dueling and genocide autism began in earnest.

Also FUCK Paradox don't ever bring that shit up in my thread again. I'm working on the update hopefully get it up in ~12 hours.
>>
>>5989189
:sweating:
>>
You gave the order- you'll preserve the Life-Vault on Jaxt, something located within just a few months of their discovery given your extensive knowledge of your planet's plate tectonics. You just rewind your simulation to about a hundred million years ago, find a flat open area where it likely was built and then watch it sink back... and it is right about there. That helps a lot with your understanding. Though, you'll keep it safe for now. No reason to open it when it could be just the help in an emergency situation.

As for the Andoen vault, you order it be opened. We will see what the three eyed giants have to say. The process will take a while to drill into the planets crust, but you'll open it right away. Perhaps they will be welcomed into your Hegemony, or perhaps they can give you something more valuable...

Year 106 of the Resurrection Era
The Life-Vault on Andoen is opened, though you are careful about figuring out what you find. Because of how the vaults work, it isn't exactly possible to isolate one tank at a time, but you can at least minimize risk. After all, how dangerous can a hibernating alien without tools or weapons be?

”Finally! We were wondering when you'd find this!”
”Gah! Help heeeellllpppp!!!”

How could this be? No Andon aliens were found in the capsules, instead, worms, biding their time in the pods instead. Were they the species who were extincted on this planet? Or was this an intentional trap? Or worse, did they somehow get into the pods... and eat the original inhabitants?

Worse yet is the implication. If the worms were here one hundred million years ago, then that would make them by far the oldest alien races in the galaxy, at least that you know of. That would be congruent with what they've told you, so that at least wouldn't be a lie.
>>
The science team in charge of the unearthing is attacked by the worms. The capsules did not contain the Andoenite aliens, but instead, sleeping worms, ready to pounce the moment the vaults were opened up. Unprepared for this, the science team takes heavy causalities until security and secondary cleanup crews can be dispatched. Thankfully, the worms are prevented from rampaging thru any civilian centers, but it's still bad. The worms are natural predators, capable of killing without weapons or advanced tactics. Several million worms were almost unleashed over the planet's surface, but your security forces and robots have stopped them from escaping and wrecking havoc. Now comes the bloody work of putting them down.

”Dammit! Damn those stupid worms- get the best UV bulbs you can and burn them alive. I will not suffer this humiliation laying down!”
“What would you do in response, my lord?”
”Surely, there must be an avenue to counterattack. The worms are well established all over the galaxy.”
“As diplomats and aristocrats of other nations, yes. Unfortunately, we do not know of any worm strongholds or homeworlds... unless the mysterious Cyte counts, which is still beyond our knowledge.”
”Grr... Still, they attacked a peaceful research team, destroyed a bunch of useful ancient artifacts... Those parasites.”
“Discretion is the better part of valor, my lord. I doubt your people would see you as impotent if you didn't take revenge on such a faceless and ethereal enemy.”
”Damn. What about the other vaults?”
“The concept of reburying them to see how they work could be useful, if not for the knowledge. But those vaults remained unopened fo a very long time. It's possible they have a very long stint before they activate. Even if it only takes 0.1% of the time they were working to work again, that would be a hundred thousand years, far longer then our civilization could reasonably try to research them. The vaults are also constructed with Azurium, which makes their parts valuable commodities. It's not enough to act as another source of it for large scale projects, but it could result in an economic boom.”
”Hmm. Alright, let me think about it...”

Do you want to rebury the other vaults for research purposes or liquidate their valuable Azurium?
>Bury & Wait
>Collect Azurium

And what to do about the worm attack?
>Kill the closest worms you know of (violates international treaties with Esaal & Consortium)
>Torture the captured worms as an example
>Go on a Space Whale curing spree in open space
>Let it go... for now
>>
>>5989745
Man, that's laaame. I wanted to see the andoen aliens.
>Bury & Wait
Sounds like the only way to really hurt them.
>>
>>5989745
>Bury & Wait
>>
>>5989745
>Bury & Wait

>>
>>5989750
>+1 to this. We must restore our reflexive honor!
>>
>>5989745
>>5989750 +1
Cleaning the whales seems legit, if they are in our area of influence. Ought to irritate the worm collective more than tormenting offspring that they don't care about to begin with. I feel like there's a reason we didn't try to de-worm the whales before, but I can't remember what it was.
>>
>>5989833
We were busy with other stuff, like the Stand, the HVS, and the aftermath of the genocides and post-genocide cultural renaissance.
>>
>>5989745
>>5989750
+1 support. Love the whales, love the migrators, simple as. Hope to see more migrators in the future :)
>>
>>5989745
>>Collect Azurium
>>
>>5989745
>Bury & Wait
>>
>>5989745
>Collect Azurium

>Kill the closest worms you know of (violates international treaties with Esaal & Consortium)
Fuck worms
>>
>>5989745
>Bury & Wait
Might take thousands of years, yes; but for all we know it might start working near-instantaneously. And whilst we're waiting on them they're basically also acting as financial reserves that we can cash in on in the event of some future economic disaster. Saving for the future, rather then frittering away right now.

Are the whales just as ancient as the worms?
>>
>>5989745
>Bury & Wait

>>
>>5989750
Support
>>
>>5986475
We had that. Then we genocided them all.
>>
>>5990327
>We had that.
That would be the aforementioned 'shit in the soup'
>>
>>5987737
I remember how we literally retconned Yuan's name to Yuan and Yaun.
>>
>>5990329
The Blue Hazaar were statistically more loyal than Jataxians.
Sunshine was one of the few unambiguously heroic characters in this setting's entire universe.
"Shit in the soup" comes off like when Scooby Doo properties make Scrabby a villain, An in-universe nod to fandom reaction that isn't that backed up by the text.
>>
>>5989745
>Collect Azurium
>>Go on a Space Whale curing spree in open space
>>
>>5986475
Technically, Jaxtians are already a hybrid species, having absorbed a few genetic traits from Vetuckers and Swall through genetic engineering.

>>5990386
I like the Hazaar, but a deep, borderline pathological hatred for 'gross', 'parasitic' races based on the actions of a few members of the group makes perfect sense for a fascist eugenic-state, regardless of what they did. Sunshine being heroic (ie. altruistic) is probably just another strike against them: he didn't report Yuan, had a kid with him, and then gave into 'absurd' notions of morality which the Jaxtian state doesn't believe in... Though under the last couple Supremes, they've started to drift back towards that kind of valor again.
>>
>>5990386
>The Blue Hazaar were statistically more loyal
That would imply they ever had any chance to betray us at any point but didn't. It's easy to say they were loyal when they spent most of their time in positions they couldn't actually use to betray us. There were two relevant blue hazaar, and one of them was Yuan.
>>
>>5990397
The other was Bluey, who voters loved so much they put him in charge of the HVS and used one of our incredibly limited Life Machine uses on him.
>>
>>5990467
Coincidentally, Bluey hated the Hazaar more than most monkes ever did.
>>
>>5990470
...But mostly Reds, and unilaterally created the Green and Yellow Hazaar.
>>
>>5990467
Worth, whoever did that write-in was a genius.
>>
>>5990472
You're speaking of amazing Hazaar, which gived us the blessed Yellow Fellow?
>>
I keep forgetting I have an actual time constraint to my updates else the arguments start.
>>
>>5990470
He was the most based of all wish he lived longer he got the Jaxtian ideal in spades one dude I would trust with nobliese olige.
If only the hermaphroditic bro got turned into a girl we would have a lineage of Bluey the Blue with the supreme
>>
You decide to bury the open vaults- the one on Swallia, underneath Myym, the one on Vetuck, and the one on Andoen once you clear it of all of its worms. The one on Jaxt remains unopened, though you question the usefulness of it now if the worms were able to penetrate the Andoenite vault and destroy all of the inhabitants...

Over the next few hundred years, the Jaxtians will continually monitor and calibrate these life vaults to attempt to “reset” them, either to figure out how they work or to match the energy signals found in the currently active, yet unopened Jaxt vault. However, after a certain point as technology improves and the simulations are run, it is found that these vaults will not reset by themselves and are a one and done kind of deal, meaning that all this waiting and tinkering was pointless. The Azurium within the vaults does not degrade and is still right where you left it, but the inability to invest it early into new additions for construction projects, weapons testing, high-durability drilling, extreme temperature forging, and magnetic-ring battery production all leads to a less productive and economically rich Hegemony in the far future, where these investments would have returned great dividends. This seems to be a missed opportunity.

In the meantime, your efforts in destroying the worms infesting the Andoen life vault are soon completed. In Year 108 of the Resurrection Era, the worms are finally exterminated from the planet, no more random Jaxtians will be consumed by them... for now. You notice that the planet's reliquary defenses, namely the laser turrets that once covered the entire planet, would have been extremely useful to kill worms who appear from “nowhere”, as they seem able to do when traveling through open space. This disregards the long held theory of the guns being placed to stop a Baalathi or other alien invasion from the air, as even with their seemingly limited technology the Andoen aliens could have designed a much better anti-air defense system.

However, the existence of these life vaults is still unresolved. The technology seems closer in essence to the great Life Machine, which is an Aristocrat invention, and seems beyond anything the Andoen aliens were capable of according to what little you know about them as of now.
>>
Somewhere within the Andoen vault, a few pods remain unopened. These duds contain worms, or nothing at all, but one is a curiosity. The pod is stuck in stasis, not opening with the others, with a very fat worm inside. Your medical scanners indicate the inside of this worm is filled with biological matter, as though it had just finished a great meal, but the exact origin of it is unknown.

”That could be a Andoen alien! Secure that pod, don't let it be opened up or sabotaged. We need to preserve it.”

The mashed up, half-digested fossilized slurry may be disgusting and pathetic, but it may be the last remnants of the ancient precursor aliens that once lived on this planet. Of course, even so, getting any useful genetic data out of it remains a dream. The Andoen aliens left many ruins, traces, and fossil remains; but no DNA. You only know scant little about them as beings; other then their large size and triocular vision, so this pod may prove useful in the future. Though even with your advanced technology and AI, being able to perfectly separate the digested bits with the worm predator would be too difficult and require too much guesswork, even to create a clone. It will have to be saved for later.

Meanwhile, in open space, you begin the process of getting back at the worms the one way you know how; disrupting some of their natural habitats. The worms are a parasitical species, living in the bellies of gigantic space whales, which is likely their evolutionary path of developing Starsight to jump into new hosts, and many still seem to naturally live inside these majestic animals. While your reach is only a portion of the wider galaxy; at the very least all of the space whales who pass thru the Hegemony's original star cluster and the newly acquired Hazaar cluster, will be rid of the worms. Using ship-sized weapons to perform surgery and UV radiation from nearby stars to fry the worms out hiding within, the whales give off a grand rumbling sound, emitting all sorts of Hyperspace signals, which almost seem to give off the feeling of thankfulness.

The worms are furious. Ships who attempt this are attacked by transporting juvenile worms, teleporting into cargo holds in an attempt to eat their crews, but you are prepared for this. As for now, the worms can't do anything about it.

Among your civilians; a shift occurs. With treating the Space Whales with kindness, comes a great sense of humility and wonder in living in a wider universe. The Vetuckers, seeing themselves in the gentle giants, feel more appreciated by the Hegemony. Not to mention that crews sent to clean up the whales often need Vetuckers for security and labor, and they claim to feel like they're “really helping” the whales. It quickly becomes considered a great honor among the Vetuck to be selected to join with the “whalers”. They gain a small amount of social weight in the Hegemony.

>Jaxtian 75%
>Vetucker 20%
>Swall 5%
>>
Due to the Hegemony's recent expansion into the HVS, your borders have shifted to include several new neighbors. While communiques with the Esaal and Aristocrats were always possible, you now border them much closer and more intimately then ever before. Now only a thin strip of starless space exists between the space empires, mostly filled with space dust, exoplanets, a few brown-dwarves, and more then one interstellar minefield or hidden spy base. Not to mention the unmarked space stations and shipyards belonging to the mysterious underground. Who knows how many, if any, Hazaar or even rogue Jaxtians escaped from the purge of the HVS and are now living in the shadows of the stars...

Over the past 5 years, you have been in an open trade agreement with the Esaal miltiary bases and installations in the Baalathi system. Mostly trading automatically between AI frameworks, in the form of galactic crypto tokens, hyperspace star maps, excess computer cycles, and a limited selection of sensor data to form a more complete picture of the various cosmic bodies in the area. It has been lucrative, but very hands off and small scale. Regardless, it marks a valuable first step in establishing stronger relations with the Esaal, who remain the closest thing you have to an ally in open space...
>>
Suddenly, your ships intercept a new Esaal vessel. This one a communication ship, unarmed, entering Hegemony space. Unlike your species with its instant communication regardless of distance, the Esaal have to deal with a certain amount of light lag and inferior technology. You'd wonder why they wouldn't just get the worms to do it for them, but thinking again, you see why they'd need to it themselves.

”Hello, Jaxtians. We represent a civilian installation and the overall economy in Esaal space. Can we speak to some womanfolk aboard your ship for a friendly discussion?”
”There are no womenfolk on that ship. You can deal with me directly.”
”Oh! It's the Supreme Ruler. We're terribly sorry, I forgot about your cultural differences. We didn't want to bring the menfolk Esaal along for this. They'd probably get bored and want to start a fight.”
”What is it?”
”We'd like to improve our trade relations between our cultures. Namely, trading physical goods...”

You sometimes forget about the Esaal's other half. The Esaal, an extremely warlike species who you have had several violent spats with, but yet have also been friends with and seem to share a mutual respect; is male dominated. But this conversation has had more syllables in it then you think you've ever heard an Esaal say before they whip out a gun and start shooting. Female Esaal don't have any of the same violent, self-destructive drives that the males do, and are significantly more intelligent, capable of inventing new technology and establishing social order not based only on violence. If anything, the Esaal species entire society is truly created by the females, to direct the male energy towards their enemies. However, given this meeting, you think it may almost be like two distinct societies in one. How strange...

”In short, the Esaal military is focusing its efforts in fighting the Aristocrat nobles just a few stars over, and despite the menfolks determination, the Aristocrats superior computers are making it difficult. We know you have very good computer technology, and the menfolk asked us to increase production of AI cores to help them out- the base unit of any AI network. But, we don't have the industrial capacity for that right now. Too many babies to take care of to replace their numbers, I'm sure your women can relate.”

You bite your tongue. Unlike Esaal military doctine, which is basically a meatgrinder, your people actually try to minimize losses. Regardless, you listen to the rest of the message.
>>
”Of course, we don't expect you to produce this for charity. Nor would we insult you with idle threats and demands of tribute; after all, this ship isn't armed and we are no fighters by ourselves! So, we offer to start sending you the following in compensation.”

”Firstly, Somatotroph hormones, harvested from our own organ farms. We use these to boost the development speed of young Esaal to get them into fighting shape faster. Your biotechnology is better then ours, so with just a few tweaks you can use it on your own populations, but this way you won't have to farm the raw materials yourselves. Secondly, mass Limestone derivatives from our nearby worlds, delivered via kinetic bombardments. Obviously these are only valuable in mass, but useful for building materials for cities and not easy to find unless you own a planet that possesses a fossil record; like our new ocean planet we found! Our AI say that you expanded and took the Hazaar territory recently, so these will be really useful. Third, and finally, we'll provide a few shipments of Tactile Gold to sweeten the deal. Our menfolk really don't care about that kind of thing, and it'd be a waste to just melt it down into circuits. We think this would be a fair trade between our peoples.”
”I'm surprised you didn't offer anything more strategic. What about the mass deposits of Azurium you acquired during the Baalathi conquest?”
She frowns. ”...I don't think the menfolk would like that trade very much, your Majesty. It would have to go much further up the chain of command then myself. I'm sure we can come to compromise without that silly boy stuff. What do you say?”

She is correct, those would be helpful in your expansion into the former HVS systems- helping to build cities. You could even use the hormones to boost the population growth of your Vetucker and Swall minorities, though you aren't very much into drugging up your entire population like the Esaal and Consortium seem so eager to do. Finally, the gold is nice, but a simple luxury to improve citizen happiness, not having much objective value.

However, one of your biggest advantages in space is your superior computers. While this trade offer wouldn't involve you turning over the secret of the Threemind or your better AI technology, more AI cores is always better, and will lead to exponential gains in their industry, science, and warfare sectors over a long enough period of time. It won't be enough to keep up with you, but it will inevitably shrink the gap between your two powers.

How do you want to handle this?
>Accept the Trade Offer as is
>Grant the request, but give faulty AI cores that can be exploited later
>Request Azurium instead (1 in 3 chance to succeed)
>"Let's have that ocean planet instead and I'll make all the AI cores you want."
>Decline
>>
>>5990650
Hmmm....now that's an interesting situation. If i'm gonna be honest, i'm not sure about those 'Somatotroph' hormones. Speeding up growth *after* you've been born feels like it could come with some unforseen consequences. However, those *Limestone Derivatives* seem rather interesting. Therefore, i believe the best deal is

>"Let's have that ocean planet instead and I'll make all the AI cores you want."
Tactcile Gold and Hormones we can do without, but if we have a new ocean planet, we can
- give the Swalli a new world (probably shouldn't be their only world given how close it is to the border, but still)
- get a direct source of limestone derivatives
>>
>>5990652
I should specify, i still think we should 'Accept' the deal if this is not possible even if to only do something else with the hormones, but since they said it was a "newly discovered planet" i feel like we might have a chance of getting it in exchange for the AI cores given how valuable they are.

Hopefully this isn't a trap option.
>>
>>5990650
Any chance we could swing the Somatotroph hormones and the planet? I’d like to support the Swalli- figure an ocean planet as a gift world and accelerated breeding will help us out economically and culturally.

Give it a couple generations with cultural sanitation, and we could make it a Swalli loyalist planet.
>>
>>5990683
I'm honestly not sure the planet is even possible, it could be a trap option that leads to talacent having a gamer moment because the women are trying to talk to him from equal ground.

I don't like the idea of permanently reducing the lifespan of our alien friends, but if you think the hormones are fine, then you should just take the deal.
>>
>>5990685
>Talacent
Fuck, i meant Hass.
>>
>>5990685
Ain’t lifespan- just development speed. But the main utility is overcoming the generational trauma of the genocides via fresh blood and new perspectives.

Way I figure it, the planet’s legit- even if it has mini-Cuthulu on it, the limestone itself is valuable, not to mention the scientific curiosities specifically tailored to keep the Swalli distracted, productive, and happy. It’s worth a shot.

The real gamer move is the Azurium- we’d finish the City-Planet in a third of the time, which would open up the Azurium to other uses.
>>
>>5990650
It's good AI cores but we're doing the China thing with backdoors in their tech lmao
>>
>>5990692
>Ain’t lifespan- just development speed
Isn't that the same thing? Aging is from your cells deteriorating. If you get to the point where you stop growing, aka are no longer 'young', you're starting early on your decline.
>But the main utility is overcoming the generational trauma of the genocides via fresh blood and new perspectives.
Well that's fine and all but not if it leaves a permanent hole in their lifespan. If it was temporary, sure, but if it's not, then that's an issue.

>Way I figure it, the planet’s legit- even if it has mini-Cuthulu on it, the limestone itself is valuable, not to mention the scientific curiosities specifically tailored to keep the Swalli distracted, productive, and happy. It’s worth a shot
I agree, but it's also not even certain we'd get the planet alone, getting it ontop of the hormones is just impossible
>>
I'm not allowing write ins for this exact reason. Currently 2 votes, one planet and one faulty AI cores.
>>
>>5990650

Fossiles means possible Xenoarcheology, and limestone, the only interresting part of that deal in my opinion.
>>
>>5990650
Do we really want to militarily help the Esaal against the Aristocrats? The Aristocrats might be decadent perverts, but they're also the only major power we border who haven't attacked us and the only one who don't seem to be working for the Worms. Whilst the Esaal have attacked one of our worlds in a raid (into our space, no less) and were quite chummy with the worms during our raid through as-yet unclaimed Balaathi space, however 'business' the relationship might have been.

Honestly, I think we should take the news that the Essal are presently distracted as welcome, and look into aiding the Aristocrats or skimming away a few border-worlds that the Esaal aren't openly broadcasting their presence on.

If the Esaal had been willing to offer Battleship tech (like they tried giving to the Consortium, our enemies, in the midst of the war we were fighting with them) it might have been enough to sway me; but as it stands... nah. Not enough gain, too much to loose if the Esaal emerge victorious with additional territories and enhanced computers.

>Decline
>>
>>5990696
Can you clarify whether the hormones would be permanent?

>>5990711
Counterpoint, escalating the war is good. The Hegemony has spend the past several decades on a genocide, and before that we had our costly war. If we can rebuild the Hazaar Cluster (which the Limestone will allow us to) we will have a much better industrial base. Thanks to the Swalli we also have a much better chance of improving our technology, too.
>>
>>5990712
Counter-Counterpart, the Aristocrats might get pissed with us if we help the Esaal, and the Aristocrats are right on the border with the Hazaar cluster. The threat of war with both the Consortium and Esaal together hanging over us was troubling enough, let's not add to the number by annoying the local Fallen empire.

If we found a way to escalate the war in the Aristocrat's favour, on the other hand... and the aristocrats can probably pay better then the Esaal.
>>
>>5990650
>>
>>5990717
I'd hardly think that trading with some Esaal women would constitute some manner of insult to the Aristocrats.
>>
>>5990712
The hormones would be "permanent" as long as the trade agreement stands, which is an abstracted unit of time enough for it to matter the next time a prompt comes up that capitalizes on it or is the result of the consequences.
>>
>>5990650
>>
This is a bit of a far-shot, but do you think that the Esaal could be eventually convinced to turn away from the Worms? Even if we're rivals, getting rid of a worm puppet would make the situation far, far easier. It also means that we'd have a possibly ally against the Cyte.
>>
>>5990884
Oh, and I'm >>5990472, and will verify this when I'm home. I think I also accidentally added a space to the end of my trip.
>>
Yellow Fellow Beyond when?
>>
>Trade the Ocean Planet for the Cores, bit maker sure the cores have backdoors in then we can exploit if we need to.
>>
>>5990650
>>
We don't need these hormones and we don't want to share our unique AI technology, however they aren't asking for the technology, just production, so I'm assuming that they'd be giving us their AI specs and we'd be building the cores for them. Therefore:

>>5990650
>Let's have that ocean planet instead and I'll make all the AI cores you want (if it's habitable, reasonable limits on 'all the AI cores you want').
>Also, send us a few of your best soldiers who understand your military doctrine and in a generation we'll send you an army of Jaxtian trained soldiers to reinforce your numbers. We have adequate open land for the moment to contract out development of this army. However, you'll have to provide all the ships, we're just contracting to raise and train the bodies for you.
>Invite some of the Esal to an Olympics style competition on some border planet or outpost. Pick some games of dexterity which favor Jaxtians, some games of physical endurance which favor Cowbros, some games of raw strength and tenacity which favor the Esal, and Swali 5d chess.
>Remind these ladies that we hate the worms and all that they stand for and will destroy and worms that we find. Fuck the worms. Vermis delenda est. The Essal are cool though.
>>
>>5990650
>>
>>5991085
Oh and I'm voting for good, well made cores. We want a reputation for reliability and good product. We're dealing with an honor culture too, so giving them garbage will lead to us fighting them in the future.

I also don't think that the Aristocrats will care that we're selling production or troops to the Essal. They might look down on us as petty merchants, especially since we're turning down the gold, but not enemies.
>>
>>5991085
No write ins are allowed.
>>
>>5991090
"All the AI cores you want" is very poor phrasing. We're obviously not going to make infinite cores for them forever for the ocean world. I'm voting for lots of cores to give Essal a big boost and our economy a temporary slowdown in exchange for an actual livable ocean world.
>>
>>5991093
>"All the AI cores you want" is very poor phrasing.
Agreed, but we can always alter the deal later.

>>5990896
Confirming this is me.
>>
>>5991085
>However, one of your biggest advantages in space is your superior computers. While this trade offer wouldn't involve you turning over the secret of the Threemind or your better AI technology, more AI cores is always better, and will lead to exponential gains in their industry, science, and warfare sectors over a long enough period of time. It won't be enough to keep up with you, but it will inevitably shrink the gap between your two powers.

Technology isn’t the concern- it’s the mass production of such high tech in one of our key advantages that will narrow the competition gap- and they’re always spoiling for a good fight.

>>5991094
>Agreed, but we can always alter the deal later.
I doubt it
>>
>>5991093
Yeah it's almost like you have to give them a lot more to get a whole planet out of the deal or something
>>
>>5991128
Yeah well "more" isn't "infinite", if the deal is to basically give them cores forever, that's an entirely different thing.
>>
>>5990650

>Request Azurium instead (1 in 3 chance to succeed)

Making the Essal stronger isn't all bad. They are aggressive towards all our enemies. We could use some azurium combat knives for officers and special forces though.
>>
>>5991090
Trading is where write ins can shine with the whole deal of haggling and feenagling for a better deal for both sides.
And training soldiers seems deeply interesting it's real proxy war starts used RL and it does allow for some close range genetic sampling and psychological profiling for a combat force with self preservation and figure out how much of them is culture and nurture
>>
>>5990652
I am also deeply interested in the fossile record and science there it's so crude to just use it as building material
>>
>>5991128
Okay, Bananas, does "all you want" mean "a lot" or does it mean "we make infinite cores forever"? If we can't do write-ins (which is stupid), please clarify.
>>
>>5990650
>>
>>5991258
Well, it's obvious which vote has won anyway. I'd have to guess it doesn't literally mean making cores for them forever.
>>
>>5991258
I would also like clarification, please.
>>
While still considering the trade offer, a new smaller matter has been brought to your attention. The integration of the various alien races in the Hegemony has continued without much of a hitch, however, one matter of contention is the uniforms.

All Jaxtians wear one piece bodysuits. Made of durable synthetic materials, they can be easily washed and replaced and produced on mass. It has been the traditional garment since the Hegemony took power over a thousand years ago. Being slightly elastic means that they can fit multiple sizes the most will have unique ones made just for them to fit their dimensions the best. Even more usefully the inside of the suits are lined with smart materials that can disperse impact forces, electrical shocks, and extremes of heat and cold leading to these uniforms mean very useful safety tools on many different planets and installations.

Jaxtians are natural climbers and form fitting clothing suites them best. The Swall have found themselves also well suited to the uniforms, being very waterproof and unobtrusive, with only small complaints about not being able to express themselves. You've already started giving out more color and design options for them- it could act as an incentive for performance.

However, the Vetuck aliens are having great issue with the bodysuit. Given how large and bulky the average bovine alien is, their body shape is simply not well suited to the tight form-fitting clothing. Even with the internal thermal cooling systems and elastic fittings, wearing suits is incredibly uncomfortable and stifling for them.

They want something else to wear- but it isn't that simple.

All bodysuits are capable of connecting to emergency helmets and life support systems. As a space fairing civilization the ability for anyone to be able to immediately get into a pressurized and thermally sealed suit to protect themselves from hostile environments and the vacuum of space is extremely important.

Beyond the research cost and potential safety concerns of allowing the Vetuckers to where other forms of clothing, there was also the second concern of conformity and morale. The other species in your society's trifecta may find it a bit unfair that the Vetuck aliens receive a special treatment that is visible when they simply go out among the others. One great important aspect and goal of your Administration is to make all of the species underneath the Hegemony feel like part of the same group, the same team, and having one fixed uniform among all citizens with minor variations based on profession and status is a very important part of your culture.

What should you do about this issue?
>Design new uniforms for the Vetuckers (Expensive)
>Radically solve the problems with their biology (Atrocity)
>Let them wear their traditional garments despite them not being "space aged"
>Normalize them going around naked
>Force the Vetuckers to conform to the current standard
>>
>>5991491
>>
>>5991491
Hmm, good question, but shouldn't 'solving their problems' be literally more expensive than making a new uniform? I'm pretty sure wide-scale surgery or biological manipulation is more expensive than uh...making a new type of clothing.
>>
>>5991491
>>
>>5991491
We had a whole ceremony for just this purpose, it turns out!
>>
>>5991527
Anon, as nice as having giant cow women walk around naked sounds, that would become very dangerous very quickly. Clothes are for protection too.
>>
>>5991529
Yeah, but they were extinct a couple years ago. Whatever casualties they face, they still come out ahead. And the constricting uniforms are still there for them if they want them or in situations where they need them.
>>
>>5991531
They'd still have to wear them in their jobs and in public, which is what matters. I'd say that allowing them to use traditional clothes inside their homes would be fine, but that's barely a patch, and we know we don't get the option to change stuff like this later. If we don't make something now we'll never be allowed to, even if we get more money later on.
>>
>>5991491
>>
>>5991491
>Design New Uniforms
It's the lost effective solution in the long term.
>>
>>5991491
>>
I gotta say, i really hope designign new uniforms isn't going to completely tip over the social weight scale or something. Just curing whales made them go to 20%, it'd be kinda dumb if giving vetuckers a new set of uniforms suddenly made them somehow be 'considered more important than jaxtians themselves'
>>
>>5991783
Honestly, it makes more sense to redesign the whole uniform in order to promote solidarity- not just for the Ventuckers, for everyone. Maybe even work in those Herd Mentality pheromones into the outfits- it doesn’t have to be strong, just another layer of social control.
>>
>>5991491
I just find this solution hilarious
>>
>>5991873
Hass already had to redeem himself from being an tyrant king, anon, and now you wanna turn him into a cow fetishist?
>>
>>5991879
wouldnt be the first
>>
>>5991879
He wasn't so much a tyrant as he was a self-centered hedonist with unlimited power.
>>
>>5991899
This reminds me of how Eoba II is still buried in Vetuck somewhere. The Cowgirls really did a number on him.

>>5991900
That's what Tyrant King means in the Hegemony.
>The Jaxtians have experienced this before- a tyrant-king, the Supreme Ruler who puts themself over the nation and the mission of the Hegemony proper.
This reminds me of how the Hegemony spend like a thousand years post Akule but before Vantix.
>>
>>5991491
>Let them wear their traditional garments despite them not being "space aged"

It could be worse.
>>
>>5991491
>Design new uniforms

The issues appear to be: heads that don't fit in ape bubble helmets, internal thermal regulation, skin pressure. The Swali want something individualized. We want everyone to look and feel like part of the team.

Since we're spending money anyway, and people are customizing their suits already rather than having disposable plastic suits we can switch to a 'build your own' living suit with ai and power integration. Build an energy pack and computer into the suit which can run smaller machines so that we don't need to mainline power everywhere. The suits would still be monochrome, with maybe a little electronic screen for badge of office. The power pack can have short term ai-controlled energy shielding and an emergency anti-decompression force field. Stiffening rods for the outer hard-shell, elastic suit for the inner liner. The integrated tractor-field and energy can help with various work tasks. Cowbros can forgo the under suit if needed. This keeps everyone looking the same and justifies the 'expensive' tag. It makes us slightly more ai-vulnerable since the troops will get used to having the personal computer and 'magic' powers integrated into the suit, but such is progress sometimes.
>>
>>5991491
>>Let them wear their traditional garments despite them not being "space aged"
>>
>>5991491
Supporting >>5991937's suggestion of upgrading everybody's uniforms somewhat as well.
>>
>>5991491
>>
>>5991491

If these suits can't fit big guys, how do our Alphas cope? Perhaps they're also having troubles and would also appreciate a redesign?
>>
>>5992089
I think the Alphas are more lithe, flexible, and graceful than a Vetucker, especially a Vetucker male. They're still arboreal beings. The horns probably get in the way, too.
>>
>>5991491
i imagine we should have different size middle point on the elasticity like a medium, large and small, bonus of making one size larger is a suit thats more comfortable for alphas.
like you want atleast 3 sizes for as we already have child sized suits that dont compress the body as they grow and the elasticity compressed the body more
basically
>make one size larger suits will also fit alpha jaxtians better tight but not too tight
>>5992089
same thoughts as you
>>
This one is gonna take a bit lol
>>
>>5992164
Design New uniform clears easily though? That's 7 vs 3 votes. Unless you mean the update itself.
>>
>>5992167
hes gonna have to draw options and of course with bqm all his choices have some caveat that will make someone screech, hes probably perfecting it so its that more harrowing to 1 particular autist
>>
>>5992198
I thought it was because it'd have to be a double feature with the trade deal update. The planet vote won by a pretty wide margin.
>>
>>5990650
OOC bonus side content: I forgot to include the option to "capture the unarmed ship and take the female Esaal as captives". Obviously this vote would not win, but I thought it would be a funny outcome to speculate over. If you would have taken this option, the Esaal would have not been mad at all, and started counter raiding Hegemony colonies to steal your women instead, which to them is little more then cheeky banter between friends. This would have culminated in the joke that the Esaal captured a bunch of Swall, thinking they were Jaxtian women, because they don't know that much about Jaxtians but just know some of them are yellow, so these must be the girl ones since they're so small and slim.

Anyway, working on the update, hopefully it'll be ready in about ~12 hours.
>>
>>5992281
>the Esaal would have not been mad at all
I'm going to guess you're talking about the male Esaal, and not the women we captured. Those ones would probably be pretty pissed.
>>
>>5992289
Oh, naturally. However, not caring about what women think is a hallmark of every advanced society, which is also true in Monke quest.
>>
>>5992293
Well, compared to an Esaal, a Jaxtian male must look like some kind of ridiculous gentleman, like what a tomboy is to men.
>>
>>5992281
Didn't they do dissections on the Swall a while ago? Did that not inform them of xeno-genders?
>>
>>5992625
>xeno-genders
Aren't Swalli just normal fish-men?
>>
>>5992298
A femboy? A bishounen? A dandy?
>>
>>5992629
>A femboy? A bishounen
No, i think Jaxtians have more muscles due to being genetic freaks.
>dandy
Maybe? I don't know what's the male equivalent of a tomboy. Tomboys still look like women. Jaxtians are still violent and strong.
>>
After some brief deliberation with the Esaal women, you decide to make a counter offer for this mysterious ocean planet. Offering even more AI cores then before, you wonder if you've lowballed their offer before the commander smiles.

”Oh wow! That's perfect. Ok, sounds good, thank you~”

Quite surprisingly, the Esaal have given you a specific planet to fully utalize as you see fit, though it is in Esaal territory, a bit further from the border to be a single contiguous line. Regardless, you investigate the planet with your drones and probes to find it is... totally habitable? There is life on this planet. You're quite surprised, the fact it has a fossil record indicates that it had life on it once, but not necessarily today. And they're just... giving it to you? You suppose the Esaal don't value an ocean planet very highly, given they can't live on it themselves, but you find it surprising. The Consortium would have tried to trick you into buying a dying or inhospitable world you feel, but the Esaal are much more honest.

The ocean world, designated as HBTP-OW1 is totally covered in water, meaning much of the planet has very low amounts of bioenergy, but some areas are in the shallows and fed by algae blooms, leading to diverse explosions of life and the possibility of artificial reefs or other structures. Not only that, but the water is oxygen rich enough to support Swall without even needing any filtering, and the planet is only a little cold to the tropical climate they prefer. It's basically a perfect world for the Hegemony to exploit.
>>
By the Year 110 of the Resurrection Era, you have begun exploiting the ocean planet of its natural resources, as well as begun paying the Esaal their end of the bargain. Mass produced AI cores, faithfully made to their specifications, are being turned out of nearby factories and shipped via space freight to the Esaal. Using many worlds rich in silicates as well as some common conductive metals to create the circuits, you are no doubt improving their military technology with this transaction. But on the plus side, a new planet of organisms and expansion opportunities, especially for the Swall population, hopefully will make up for it.

The social weight has shifted because of this choice; resulting in the Swall gaining a lot of new opportunities the other races lack, simply due to their ability to live in aquatic environments...

>Jaxtian 70%
>Vetucker 15%
>Swall 15%

As for the other issue involving the Vetuckers dissatisfaction with their uniforms, you have decided over the past two years to put out a bounty and contact the greatest minds in the Hegemony to fix it. Not satisfied with cheaper solutions, you make sure to spare no expense. While the advancement of smart materials and super-dense elements had greatly enhanced your basic uniforms and spacesuits, it's still been at least a few hundred years since they've been seriously looked over.

Being made of durable and comfortable materials, and going through several iterations of smart material matrices, these new uniforms will be less skin tight and more like breezy cloth, but capable of keeping out of the way. You also go along with the artist's plan to fold in the Hegemony's military spacesuits and shock-trooper battlesuits darker color and use it to replace the more neutral and lighter civilian “state gray” color into something more universal, but with more individuality- perhaps showing rank and experience on the uniform themselves for more social status, something lacking in the previous iteration of Hegemonic dress...
>>
Yino Val has finished the creation of your new Hegemony uniform.

>How do you like them, your Majesty?
>>
>>5992771
They are very sexy!
>>
>>5992771
>Looks dope!
>Do we have extra colors for all the variants of random civilian jobs, or do civilians not get fancy colors?
>>
>>5992770
>perhaps showing rank and experience on the uniform themselves for more social status
Could be fun to have a festival where the uniforms are all switched, just to mess with people. IDK how well showing rank and experience goes with info security but eh, style is what's important.
>>
Oh also the Migrators should get an outfit as well!

>inb4 we unlock the secret Migrator Social Weight
>>
>>5992771
I demand a migrator outfit!
>>
>>5992775
I don't think they'd enjoy clothing.

>>5992771
Pretty cool.
>>
>>5992780
>>5992775
+1
>>
Like a harness with UV lights to keep the nightmares away?
>>
>>5992771
Very good. I'm utterly pleased.

A few amount of decorations on the uniform is fine. Maybe this will promote the "Culture" and "Spirituality" that starseers seems to require, but at a lesser dose avoiding antisocial behaviors?
>>
>>5992771
Nice, that's a lot more stylish. But weren't people able to get pretty free colored stuff back then in the hegemony? I'm pretty sure this 'everyone wears gray' thing is newer.
>>
>>5992860
I should specify, I'm not saying to add more color versions, just that I'm pretty sure the "everyone is in gray clothing" thing just wasn't always true.
>>
>>5992771
Those are pretty neat!

>>5992775
Perhaps not full clothing, but they should definitely each have something to secure a UV light upon for their own protection from wormy threats.
>>
>>5992771
I guess we're in our Deep Space 9 era of uniforms, huh? Cool. Does the amount of 'stripes' in that weird scarf thing mean something? Not the color, mind, but the amount of stripes.
>>
>>5992771
Pretty cool. No notes.
>>
>>5992771
>I like them but prefer knives to be part of the military dress.
>>
>>5992771
>Heath
Just noticed this. I assume this is the 'Health' varient, or does one of the worlds we took from the Hazaar actually have an immense Heathland ecosystem that we need the Vetuckers to make productive?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.