[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1699225659116109.png (27 KB, 600x800)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
I wish I wanted to do things. Anyone else feel this way
>try to get into drawing, wish I wanted to actually have this hobby, but I'd rather browse the internet / youtube, I dont actually care about drawing at all
>try stop motion, I don't actually want to do it at all, I just wish I wanted to, so I stop
>repeat with like 10 hobbies

Like I wish I actually wanted to do anything in life other than wasting time on the internet doing nothing, but I dont. This is all I've wanted to do in life since I was 8 years old. But it's spiritually, financially, and socially empty, and I'm a husk of a human.
>>
99% chance you (and all lifelong scroollers/internet/vidya addicts) have undiagnosed ADHD
>>
>>77256053
Get into graff. You need to do something with a little more kick
>>
>>77256053
I wish I actually wanted to do something productive, interesting or cool, but the only things I ever want to do are usually play vidya, listen to something, read, or sleep.
>>
>>77256053
do a dopamine detox, you are also probably low vitamin D and low testosterone
>>
>>77256128
what does that have to do with anything? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>77256659
Your neurons literally don't respond to dopamine properly, increasing the chances of becoming a lazy, disorganized, unmotivated, addiction-prone shell of a person with no awareness of the passage of time
>>
>>77256053
you have an internet addiction, seek help, or toss your computer into the nearest body of water
>>
feel you man. same situation. its gotten worse in recent years.

could be caused by a lot of things, and im unsure of what it is anymore. mental disorder, poor nutrition, bad habits, medical issues, general laziness? who knows anymore
>>
>>77256053
I've tried forcing myself to read, play guitar, and lift weights. I can't stick with any of them for more than three days. I take a few weeks off, then try again. Everything is so boring. I don't play video games or watch movies anymore. I think I'm going to sell my computer and try my hardest not to start using 4chan on my phone. I'll see if I can contact my internet provider and get them to block websites on their end. I know if I do it myself I'll just disable it. I have less discipline than a fucking dog. Literally subhuman.
>>
>>77257104
>3 days and stop
that is literally just normal, it can take months to build up a habit or routine
>>
>>77257121
I'm 28. If I haven't built a single healthy habit at this point it will never happen without divine intervention.
>>
>>77256053
This has effectively ruined my entire life thus far, my teens and twenties are just gone. I've never really wanted to do anything, but I've always desperately wanted to want to do things so I could be a more well-rounded, talented, and fulfilled person. Instead my life is completely fucking empty and I stopped enjoying hedonistic escapism years ago.
I've genuinely tried to fix my life and change so many times over the years, it's an unending infinite struggle and nothing I do ever works, I never develop motivation or discipline.
>>
>>77256812
How do you fix this?
>>
>>77256836
Not OP but I might need to go no internet indefinitely. The addiction invites itself back in if I allow myself any time online.
>>
>>77257336
Stop using the internet, drugs, and masturbating. It technically only takes two weeks to go back to normal, but once you attempt to do one of those things only a single time, you'll immediately fall back into every bad habit. It's a total lifestyle change. You can never look back or dip your toes in.
>>
>>77257336
If you have ADHD, you can't, it's genetic. Best you can do is take medication to increase the amount of dopamine in your brain so you can pursue normal goals.

>>77257410
And replace them with what? The reason people with ADHD are prone to get addicted with those things is because they provide constant stimulation that makes them feel normal. If they were capable of pursuing normal goals, they'd have been pursuing them already like everyone else
>>
>>77257540
>people with ADHD
But I don't have adhd
>>
>>77257623
Well I'm glad for you, I hope you don't. I didn't think I did either but after becoming an adult and literally accomplishing nothing with my life getting that diagnosis made sense of everything
>>
>>77256053
Kind of. I don't necessarily feel about it or anything. In a way I consider lazing about to be my passion because I never feel as fulfilled as when I am doing absolutely nothing of note, but I do sometimes wonder what it is like to have a passion for something. What does it feel like to want to fight for something and pursue it at all costs? I'm sure it has its ups and downs but it must be a fulfilling way to live even when it doesn't go well.

>>77256128
Oh, absolutely. I don't have the insurance to get this treated so it is what it is and I simply have to live with it.
>>
>>77257758
It's worse to not have a disorder and be in the same situation. There is no reason I should be this way, yet here I am.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.