[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: large.jpg (47 KB, 550x780)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
holy shit this anime was mid.
>protagonist is said to be a hikikomori with severe anxiety, however is shown leaving his house and dealing with others just fine on the regular, constantly counteracting the characterization the show tries to give him and desperately wants you to believe
>boring meandering plot that goes nowhere, no point in the end
>characters are shallow and lack depth, their motives and inner workings are barely expanded on or explored
>the "comedy" is never funny and falls flat
>animation and art style were inconsistent and generally unpleasant to look at
>the literal name of the show, the NHK, is barely brought up at all and is literally forgotten until like the last episode
the internet promised me this would be a depressing, relatable, realistic, and life-changing anime, but instead i got 24 episodes of nothing. the protagonist wasn't interesting and the animes desperate attempt to paint him as a mentally ill hikikomori just doesn't work. the plot goes nowhere and is just a boring slice of life. the characters are so shallow and any depth they could've had is just thrown out the window. any and all tense or emotional moments feel hollow and are too few and far in between all the fluff. what a waste.
>>
>>77256082
Now watch Lucky Star. Then Clannad.
>>
>>77256082
watch school days it's the real robot anime
>>
>>77256082
The hiki portrayal is very well done, severe anxiety is a larp and once you wake the fuck up and get a job it stops being a problem
The NHK is the invisible enemy the larper deludes himself with, like here with stacies, chads, incels, pills, npcs and all that other crap that "justifies" being a retard
The rest of the criticism is irrelevant
>>
satou is a casual hikki
>>
>>77256082
If you weren't a coward piece of shit you would have posted 3 anime you consider good so we can judge your taste as well.
Post 3 good anime or your opinion is discarded, bitch.
>>
>>77256156
why are you so mad? i barely even watch anime. this was just what i thought of this particular one. calm down.
>>
>>77256148
the hikki portrayal isn't well done, that's the problem. the protagonist is barely one at all. he;s just a NEET.
>severe anxiety is a larp and once you wake the fuck up and get a job it stops being a problem
narrow-minded and ignorant take
>>
>>77256082
If you really wanna get crazy with the cheese whiz watch Alien 9 and Narutaru Shadow Star
>>
>>77256185
What are some examples of good anime?
>>
>>77256218
i don't know and don't care. i barely watch anime as i already said. can i not have an opinion on an anime unless i've watched tons of other good ones? can i not have an opinion on this particular anime in isolation?
>>
>>77256082
Ok what anime should I watch if I want to see an MC that is just as pathetic as I am
>>
>>77256207
You can't have a realistic portrayal of a hikki you bozo. You'd be looking at a guy who looks at a screen the entire time.
>>
>>77256239
school days trust me anon
>>
>>77256238
Kek, what a little bitch. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>77256082
>animes desperate attempt to paint him as a mentally ill hikikomori
He does drugs in the source material, they cut it out of the anime because Japan. Satou has no problems, that's why he constantly gets tangled in other people's bullshit. He's just a scared social fuckup and that's the real reason he resonates with otaku and weebs.
>>
>>77256082
I haven't seen it since around 2009. Basically the show is about glowniggers (like Mitsaki) gangstalking the protagonist. I'm not even lying
>>
File: 1546433901776.jpg (197 KB, 1568x2047)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
kaede was a decent vision of the modern hikki, but shes a bit too happy about it. Onimai tried to sell you the hikki loser idea but that gets fucking CHUCKED out the window in 1 episode
>>
>been on /r9k/ and NEET for years and still never watched this
Should I watch the anime or read the manga first? Or even the novel?
>>
>>77256248
There is a portrayal of a hikki too iirc, a guy that definitely never left the room.

His leeching stops being enabled, he has to quit the larping and get outside to survive, and once he got a job he cut out his subhuman ways.
>>
>>77256207
> narrow-minded and ignorant take
> doesn't elaborate
>>
>>77256389
whats there to elaborate on? acting like there arent people genuinely suffering out there with crippling fear that prevents them from being "normal" is just irrational.
>>
>>77256148
>severe anxiety is a larp and once you wake the fuck up and get a job it stops being a problem
Tell that to me who had to go to uni all the fucking time that anxiety didn't get better didn't when I got a job or when I learned to drive. Who let's you fucking people spout advice when it's always wrong.
>>
>>77256082
>mid
Opinion discarded
>>
One thing you should realize that I did and it was the biggest problem for me,
is that you got not much in common with Asian and particularly Japanese culture.

You're a westoid projecting your westerner perspective into eastern media.
I used to be the same.

If you were to be portrayed by your media, you will be a caricature in a sitcom or comedy.
Think of Clerks, The big Lebowski, Seinfield, Trailer Park boys, and Mr Robot.

At least the Asians get more sympathy when they are portrayed as slackers bums, plus they get to be around cute feminine ladies.
>>
>>77256082
I only read the manga which apparently was completely different. I was expecting wish fulfillment fantasy like everyone talked about on the korean basket weaving website and man I was absolutely devastated by the ending
>>
>>77256082
Read Confederacy of Dunces instead, the true NEET masterpiece, written by an actual writer. And it's actually funny.
>>
>>77256369
Read the novel, anime adaptation is pure slop for ironic weebs.
>>
>>77256156
>tranime
>good
Yikes.
>>
>>77257782
Get off my anime website faggot.
>>
>>77257808
Get off my robot board, normie
>>
Braindead zoomer opinion discarded.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.