[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
[s4s] - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1685759019882761.jpg (8 KB, 250x250)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
how do you deal with mental illness or mental instability?
i.. i'm asking you because i'm trying to figure out how
i get nervous or stressed so easily and that drives me crazy
how do you maintain your insanity
if you know how to do so would you tell me how because i'm trying to figure out how?
>>
i live in a group home and get guidance in things like taking care of myself and maintaining sanity
>>
>>11466495
i usually distract myself i guess? im pretty mentally unwell so i just look at things im interested in at the same time. its like juggling 4 things at once
>>
read welcome to the nhk and oyasumi punpun

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン
>>
i smoke that za
>>
>>11466495
Focus on the pleasant/exiting things. Sounds stupid and with no basic under it, but it somewhat works
>>
https://voca.ro/19vFxUoTOTPH
>>
File: burypinkgirl.png (1.42 MB, 5000x4859)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
this is mentally lel bored
>>
>>11466495
Mindfulness and good boundaries with the things that stress you out
>>
File: 1691775093642910.jpg (48 KB, 564x564)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>11466495
I don't; get silly, do drugs ^-^
hahahaha life is still going on
>>
read the tao te ching
>>
>>11466495
Have you dealt with your base need yet?
You sound like the kind of person that has to be told to eat lunch cus you'll forget.
>>
im mentally lel as well. do you have somewhere i can add you? maybe we can figure something out together.
>>
>>11466495
i contacted the psych ward and started diagnosing everything. after i got my diagnosis i started treatment. simple as
>>
>>11466600
So what's your damage?
>>
>>11466495
Who needs control? Let Chaos be your guide and just learn to ride the wave.
>>
>>11466527
what if like ur not mentally ill in the fun way but like the every moment of life is painful way
>>
i listen to music so then instead of hearing scary thoughts i hear good sounds
>>
sometimes when i have anxiety in a situation i pretend im a ww1 soldier that has to charge into no mans land or else my officer will shoot me
otherwise i just use alcohol
>>
>>11467404
alcohol makes it worse lole
kinda
or maybe thats just bc i expect to not have to try when i drink but i think i still do
>>
get well soon
>>
vbcxcvAAAAAA
>>
>>
>>11466495
I wish I could help you.
I deal with mood swings constantly, I can be so depressed that I can't get out of bed or do basic shit at work and soon after that I'm in high spirits, feel like joking around and am super productive.
And that can change multiple times over the course of the day. And then there's the whole thing of me not knowing what my real personality is and when I'm trying to fit in.
>>
********** until u feel better
>>
I have been diagnosed with so many mental illnesses. My life is okay now. It still is stressful but I am stable. I’ve been in therapy for 3 years with the same therapist. (Well, I’ve been in therapy for 14 years on and off). I have found a boyfriend, which helps. He moved in with me and it’s the most stable relationship I’ve had, even though it’s complicated. I have a cat that I love and take care for. I redecorated my living room so that it’s full of nature and green because I read somewhere that that can help bring peace and calm lmao. Grounding techniques, workbooks for things you have issues with, trying to be social with friends, family or loved ones, and therapy. Oh yeah, and medication
>>
>>11466495
I learned on my own, a lot of hard pretending, I see/feel/hear/taste/smell things others do not constantly, sometimes to levels all I can do is wait out. All I can do, as I've learned to do is approximate how other people act. If I hear a loud sound I watch and see if others also heard it. If they didn't I pretend I didn't hear it.

It sucks really.
>>
>>11467805
It's called tactile hallucinations
Lol sorry. I'm kidding
>>
>>11467807
heh, it is alright I'm "adjusted" to them.
>>
>>11467811
I'm effectively blind but I have profound hearing. I enjoy it as people talk out of turn but I hear them rooms away

Though it is taxing..every hum, every bush that gets rustled and every birds chirp. I hear it all.
>>
>>11467815
That must be its own thing, I have a lifetime of experiencing things that others don't but just being hypersensitive in a sense to what they do would be its own strange world.
>>
>>11467820
Ah,you hearken to my dreams and thought process and the "shadow" as it were. We may consider ourselves gifted..perhaps cursed.

What's the word I'm looking for ... The unconscious! Yes. It drips and seethes through our emergent reality. The "shadow"
>>
>>11467821
I do think dreams are more real than reality. As in how we exist in dreams is more honest and that world we go to is more real than this waking thing.
>>
>>11467831
Dreams are the wakening. Our emergent reality is a taxing plot full of poison and venom. I find myself most alive when I'm dreaming. Salvador Dali understood this - he plucked his art from that same abstract place.REM

He even would hold a spoon in his hand and it's falling to the floor would wake him so he could pluck more out
>>
>>11466495
the easiest way to deal with it is just to be sad and anxious all the time
>>
>>11467831
Dali was a true artist as he once said: I'm too intelligent to be a good painter, you must be a bit stupid to be a painter

Of course with the exception of Raphael and Velasquez who he quoted as genius

https://youtu.be/YIFsdVPXMnE?si=ggk3byfOiASbz8r_
>>
>>11467839
>>11467834
I like to think of myself as a good maker of art, I can just be there, he had a similar escape.
>>
>>11467839
Now that you've incensed me Dali was fascinated with the golden ratio, he found it in the "aspiral" of rhinoceros horn, and he found it again in coulliflower. he once took an anteater onto dick cavetts show as he considered it one of the animalsthat was truly angelic

He even said: the logarithmic curve of le horn is exactly mathematical to RNA
>>
>>11467844
https://voca.ro/113jP5m1Hlex
>>
>how do you deal with mental illness or mental instability?
you don't
>>
>>11467848
RNA is half the equation though.
>>
>>11466495
DRINKIN A FUCKEN SHITLOAD OF BEER!!CAN I GET A FUCKIN HELL YEAH BROTHER??????
>>
File: 1406116777683.png (201 KB, 620x720)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
it's not a real problem if it goes away when you ignore it

Your fortune: Better not tell you now
>>
>>11467857
Hell yeah my dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93KgWkYlsU0
>>
File: 1587490557142.jpg (1.49 MB, 3037x4050)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>11467851
Another thing Dali said is that the moustache is one of the more tragic elements of the human face. "A cappilar explosion" as he seemed it. And funnily enough some anon took a portrait of me and I was impressed he captured the dalinian moustache of mine.

https://voca.ro/113jP5m1Hlex
>>
>>11467867
*hugs*
>>
>>11467875
If you want to hug a bear you best be on your hind legs
>>
>>11467876
I'm a big lad, I think I can hug with the best of them.

*hugs*
>>
>>11467877
You have heart. Something I've lacked for years

Bless you.
>>
>>11466648
bipolar/borderline and dry skin
>>
>>11468075
why do so many people on this board have BPD?
>>
>>11468075
sameee
>>
>>11468209
i think it's the other way around, we flock to this board
>>
>>11468217
what did you get? i ended up on lamotrigine and quetiapine after initially getting risperidone for some unknown reason
>>
moisturizing is good
meds make you more mental though
>>
>>11466499
>>11466500
dubs

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン
>>
>>11468209
because like 30% of this board is trans girls
>>
>>11469348
well they'd be better as bpd prettyboys instead of transitioning
>>
>>11466495
I made a mental lelness threade on here and now I get spam from online therapists.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.