[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: problem.png (657 KB, 834x460)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
what will YOU do to fix this /sci/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7hK5_Rj--8
>>
>Technology… LE BAD
>Giving useless eater class people free food and shit at the cost of value generating high IQ people… LE GOOD
>>
>>16094079
arapes are such a stupid drooling donkey race.
>>
>>16094079
Why are you watching videos about racist telescopes?
>>
When Galileo invented the telescope and invited others to look into it, they mocked him and said that his invention only shows lies because what they saw was not what the church had preached.
>>
>>16094079
I graduated in 2009 from UCSB and had to take a "Global Studies" class in my last year to fill some dumb GE requirement despite getting a degree in ethnomusicology. The UCSB Global Studies department was definitionally supposed to teach history and economics from a non-Western perspective, but my jaw hit the floor when some Islamophobic a-hole started going off about all Muslims being terrorists and full of hate in discussion section and the English TA running the section did nothing to question that narrative. Naturally, because I'm an uppity and outspoken POC woman, I had to open my mouth to argue back because the TA was being useless and thus became the most hated person in my discussion section. The experience still lives in my head rent-free, and I'm not even MENA.
>>
>>16094278
Well, it was a little more nuanced then that, it went against 1000s of years worth of observational data, but of course it was seeing with a precision that nobody had seen before either. And of course they didn't really reject looking through it until Galileo had gotten in political hot water and most of his colleagues wrere not sure why people just knew it was because of his claims from the telescope and didn't want to get in the same trouble he was because they knew it would endanger their positions.
>>
>>16094079
is she a gypsy? she looks like a gypsy to me
>>
>>16094079
This whole thing has to be projection. The "cosmic insignificance" strawman sounds like her own retarded interpretation as a shitty (ex) astronomer. Most people who aren't retarded interpret the pale blue dot monologue differently, emphasizing the fragility of our existence. The environmentalist movement was partially inspired by photographs of Earth. Anyway what a moroon, what a frawd.
>>
>>16094079
niggers like this are why i fucking hate palestinians and their supporters, it's literally just "LE WHITE MAN BAD" so they like brown people killing anyone who's light enough
>>
>>16094370
I’m not in a good place to get into this issue at the moment, but as someone working in policy to advocate for indigenizing development this is certainly relevant to me, as it betrays the paradoxes behind anti-hierarchical thinking in liberal and many progressive-left ideas as well, that being that “culture” is a separate issue from everything else and thus can be ignored when facing more “objective” problems. Liberalism and the specifically Western, but globalized, dualistic scientific secularism maintains an idea of human equality as long as assimilation remains prioritized for fundamental frameworks and knowledge production systems. I remember seeing people, for example, say that New Zealand went too far in officially recognizing the legitimacy of Mātauranga Māori as a knowledge system. To me, that betrays the supremacist legacy behind Western academic tradition, as the social liberalism attached to it only truly recognizes equality of people as individuals, but ultimately considers the Western models of knowledge production and development as ultimate. I don’t think indigenous rights can be fully “complete” or reclaimed without an acknowledgment of how these now global models have exploited the colonial history that made them so in order to maintain legitimacy at the expense of fundamentally different systems of thought. Rather, these things are left, once again, to only be reclaimed in the isolated spheres of “culture,” where both liberals and leftists can pat themselves on the back for supporting decolonization without having to face the difficulties of contending with these same systems of thought they are not privy to in any other political arena.
>>
>>16094079
OF COURSE she has hairy armpits too, kek
>>
>>16094079
>3 hours
I think I just figured out where all these leftoids are coming from
>>
>>16094079
The treatment of antisemitism as historically quintessentially European is pretty problematic. I could point to 1066 which is the obvious example, the Almohads, several waves of expulsion and forced conversion, heck one of the better documented incidents was in Palestine in the 19th century. Europe experienced periods of peace with Jews as did the middle east, but Jews have never been treated peacefully anywhere. This also blinds ways in which a return to Palestine and the land of Israel has been an important part of Judaism for long after Jews stopped being a majority in that land. The idea that there could never have been a zionism without Jabotinsky or the Irgun or other fascists present in the Zionism movement is not testable, but it seems pretty unlikely to me.
Quips about how the appeasement doesn't work clashes pretty hard with the statements about how Egypt started the conflict by closing the straits of tehran. Does appeasement not work, or does hostility towards your neighbors not work.
Framing palestinian israelis with full citizenship and full rights as below jewish citizens is at best misleading. They do not lack any rights that jewish citizens have.
As for "where are their ethnostates": Muslims have dozens of ethnostates, for several groups of arabic peoples. Armenians have Armenia, and I think that a native american or romani state would be a good idea as well. Ethnostate is a strong term which I think is bandied about here too loosely, but it seems clear to me a state which prioritizes the rights of a people who have been brutalized for centuries feels inherently different from a white ethnostate being advocated by people who live in a state which already prioritizes white people.
All this to say that inability to recognize Jewish connection to the land leads to viewing Zionism as far more evil than it is, and arab resistence to zionism as far more benign than it is.
>>
File: Bella.png (149 KB, 247x292)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
It's the same picture.
>>
>>16094381
That makes her even hotter
>>
>>16094379
facts don't care about your tribal witchcraft
>>
>>16094079
she looks like she only fucks white men
>>
>>16094105
Every brown person I've met, no matter how friendly, smart, or inclusive, and matter how "good" for the economy they are, echoes the belief shown in this video.
They all see immigration as White punishment.
>>
File: Average_Female.jpg (152 KB, 819x1024)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>16094079
>astronomy has a colonialism problem

You winy victimhood loving loser, not EVERYTHING is about you.
>>
>>16094358
nah, it's just genetic inferiority you're seeing.
>>
>>16094105
Ngl I thought she was a beaner. They're the only group I've seen with the name Fatima
>>
>>16094105
They couldn't colonize shit. As soon as as we deal with the jewish menace importing shitskins by the millions they're going right back to their shitholes.
>>
>>16094700
I heard they're starting two weeks from now
>>
>>16094079
>An Aside on Palestinian Liberation
>56 minutes long
40% of the video. Forty percent. Unemployed postgrads and their consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
>>
>>16094079
For farts sake stop rehearsing muh discrimination and start building more telescopes
>>
>>16094381
she's attractive, I want to fuck her
>>
>>16094732
As a tutor to children from primary to high school, I am terrified at the rate at which they internalise this numbing of the mind. On one instance, I exposed a 14 y-o kid from an African family to the rapid worsening living conditions of the continent due to climate change and he answered it was "their problem". It is normal to have to teach empathy to children, but - and especially boys - they are so quickly conditioned to shut the feelings and carry on, that it's an uphill battle everytime I mention consequences of our standards of living.
At least I know I was the same and have changed... I can only trust they reconsider thanks to all the times they have encountered opposing views.
>>
>>16094079
Is her anti-imperialism driven by fear of change?
>>
File: YouHaveBeenColonized.png (1.12 MB, 480x3584)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>16094629
>>
>>16094079
>what will YOU do
Archive all the evil colonial stuff on hard drives. Wait for all the machines to stop working because no one is taught actual science or engineering anymore. Form a guild of wizards who guard the secret knowledge and demand extremely high fees for their work.
>>
>>16094298
Is this a pasta? You got a degree in ethnomusicology? Are you completely retarded?
>>
>>16095198
he didn't invent heliocentrism either
>>
>>16094079
Doesn't she know that medieval Arabs named a shitload of stars due to their importance for navigation
Is she stupid
>>
>>16097299
She's cute, so yeah.
>>
>>16097649
>donkey face
>half closes dip-shit eyes
No.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.19 MB, 1127x583)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>16094079
She looks pretty cute, I will listen to her
>>
File: spongebob-squidward.gif (1.25 MB, 640x432)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
>>16097866
>>
>>16097877
There's nothing wrong with qt brown gf with strong sense of justice
>>
>>16095211
it's good that kids no longer identify with merchants and bureaucrats and their republic.

Millennials and old zoomers still live vicariously thru the government and society, but the young kids really have a chance to turn the table and reject the republic.
>>
>>16097879
Faglord
>>
>>16097299
>Is she stupid
anything designated "she" is always going to be stupid
>>
>>16097877
kek
>>
>>16095581
this has happened before
>>
>>16095211
> the rapid worsening living conditions of the continent due to climate change
Tell me more
>>
File: atlantis.jpg (514 KB, 1920x1374)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>16098816
Are you talking about medieval monks, or something more /x/ than that? Redpill me on the wizard guilds.
>>
File: sarss.png (24 KB, 1289x191)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>16094079
SARS
>>
dumb bitch.
>>
yes
>>
>>16094629
europeans are the only ones who actually want equality, minorities simply want revenge and to have their turn as the oppressors
>>
>>16094079
All the biggest dickheads go into Astronomy, unbelievably shitty field
>>
>>16100811
>and to have their turn as the oppressors
every human since forever
>>
File: lolbergs.jpg (458 KB, 1488x1488)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
>>16100811
>ones who actually want equality
AKA cucks
>>
>>16098816
True.
>>
>>16100902
Aztecs were supreme shit-stirrers in their part of the world, constantly generating wars for the sole purpose of generating more POWs which they then sacrificed to appease their gods
>>
>>16094379
>models of knowledge
cultist spotted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwMpxhrCYE
>>
>>16094350
>>16094278
what did galileo prove with his telescope that was considered wrong by the church?
His biggest argument with the church was entirely because he proposed heliocentrism but couldn't prove the parallax of the stars. That wouldn't be proved until the 19th century. The Church even allowed him to write a book to evaluate both heliocentrism and geocentrism. The reason he got house arrest was because was a massive autist and called made the defender of geocentrism in his book a retard (simplicus literally meaning simpleton) and heavily implied it was the current Pope. There was no reason to do so and it was clearly an attack by Galileo despite being unable to prove his claims of heliocentrism.
What did he prove with his telescope that was rejected by the Church?
After the small social upheaval the only actual arguments of the Church were physical. Parallax could not be measured and would imply the stars were much much further than assumed. And that would mean those stars would be huge too.
>According to Maurice Finocchiaro, Ingoli had probably been commissioned by the Inquisition to write an expert opinion on the controversy, and the essay provided the "chief direct basis" for the ban. The essay focused on eighteen physical and mathematical arguments against heliocentrism. It borrowed primarily from the arguments of Tycho Brahe, and it notedly mentioned Brahe's argument that heliocentrism required the stars to be much larger than the Sun. Ingoli wrote that the great distance to the stars in the heliocentric theory "clearly proves ... the fixed stars to be of such size, as they may surpass or equal the size of the orbit circle of the Earth itself." Ingoli included four theological arguments in the essay, but suggested to Galileo that he focus on the physical and mathematical arguments.
Also Galileo thought the tides were caused by the movement of the earth. He was right about some things with no ability to prove it. He was also an autistic tard.
>>
>>16100902
The right side always wins. The weak should fear the strong.
>>
>>16101053
Copernicus was the superior astronomer
>>
>>16100914
Yes. Cortes did nothing wrong.
>>
>>16094629
>>16100811
Ah yes, trying to correct the effects of economic inequality that has lasted for centuries is white genocide
>>
>>16101644
they're openly talking about colonising and replacing europeans and laughing about it and you're still trying to obfuscate it with your libshit religious beliefs
>>
>>16101657
Some random fag on twitter is as representative as someone here calling for the day of the rope
>>
>>16094079
>praxis postscript
yeah its a reddit commie
>>
>>16101644
Is that so? I thought they were here because they were good for the economy and our strength?
Clearly you're saying it's White punishment.
>>
>>16101703
Europeans voted for these libs. They did it to themselves.
>>
>>16103045
You can't appease the minorities, they are terminal ingrates, giving them anything only makes them become more demanding
>>
>>16101053
>The reason he got house arrest was because was a massive autist and called made the defender of geocentrism in his book a retard (simplicus literally meaning simpleton) and heavily implied it was the current Pope
Is this supposed to make the church sound reasonable? Why was the church even a party to this discussion?
>>
File: a27B4Yp_700b.jpg (33 KB, 631x484)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>16104344
It was a different time (both literally and metaphorically and diffeonomorphically)
>>
>>16094278
>his invention only shows lies

This is true for all inventions.
>>
>>16104344
>Why was the church even a party to this discussion?
Anon he lived in Italy and the Protestant Reformation was happening at the same time
He basically sounded like Martin Luther
>>
>it's three hours long

Why are leftoids such utter narcissists?
>>
>>16105305
atheistic power fantasies and delusions of grandiosity
>>
>>16094700
>As soon as as we deal with the jewish menace
support for Israel and Jews is at an all time high
>>
>>16104391
literally nothing changed. there is some freedom just like democracy is *some* freedom. it's still mostly the same though, at least from some points of view.
>>
Ok... So her only argument is that natives in Hawaii protested the construction of a telescope therefore racist colonialism. It's then 2 hours of her seething about Palestine and Israel lmao.
>>
>>16097299
Why is it only colonialism when Europeans name things? Does she not know that the Arabs were colonisers themselves? Before Muhammad, Arabs only occupied the Arabian peninsula, but now they occupy Egypt, Morocco, Syria, Iraq etc. all of which had their own indigenous cultures before Arab colonisation
>>
>>16094379
You sound like a complete faggot and it's no surprise you're a state apparatchik. Particular knowledge systems are dominant because they are falsifiable and their claims can be proven empirically, although I'm sure you'd call empiricism a western system of reasoning predicated solely on power. If the claims made by Maori shamans are falsifiable, and can be proven empirically, then they are simply true and there's no need to baggage their claims with methodologies that have shown themselves insufficient in producing any sufficient volume of truthful observations. The fact that Maori shamans made useful astronomical observations absolutely does not mean Maori shamanism is a useful framework for determining the structural and constituent elements of the Milky way. I'm sure you'd agree 11th century European alchemical theory was not a useful interpretive framework, and the distinction you evidently make for 'indigenous science' is because you're a retarded libshit.

Furthermore, why do you even presume that pursuing 'anti-hierarchy' is even a good or desirable thing? Given you obviously work in academia, do you dispute the distinction of educated and uneducated? Why did you even go to school if not? Why aren't you replaceable by some homeless crackhead? Why should anyone listen to or care for what you have to say, if you deny the value of your position within an established hierarchy? The fact is, and I know types just like you, is that you are a status seeking dweeb who can only meaningfully engage in hierarchal status seeking among peers of your same ilk. You're exactly like the rest of us, except you're a dishonest FAGGOT.
>>
>>16105520
The Bantus used to exist in only a tiny little section of west Africa, now they've taken over the entire continent south of the Sahara
>>
>>16105566
>Furthermore, why do you even presume that pursuing 'anti-hierarchy' is even a good or desirable thing?
nta but this is sort of tricky to discuss, has more layers to it. first that highly depends on local conditions, the environment, with us in it, with our flaws and virtues. blindly following the hierarchical format, dogmatically no matter what, will eventually fail, when the environment and/or us change enough. other ways might work best for benefit of everybody, especially if hierarchy is a great filter for sentient life in this universe.
there's some issues with the concept at larger than solar system sizes, speed of light and of control become limiting. scientifically speaking. you can pull that "but we surely gonna instant travel everywhere" but that's scifi not science.
>>
File: 1711144861116347.gif (453 KB, 220x220)
453 KB
453 KB GIF
>>16105319
I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate here. Historical context is pretty important, I don't see how you can handwave it away as "literally nothing has changed"

As to your point about Democracy; it's a system of governance. Within a Democratic system, the people (demos) can elect to give themselves less freedoms. So it's not so black & white that we can assert ""more Democracy = more freedom"".
In Ancient Athens they had Direct Democracy.
In our times the governance systems are marketed to us as Democratic, but consider this:

* Does one name on a ballot really represent most of your complex viewpoints for an entire electoral cycle? (a few years)
* Does your elected Representative actually stand up the majority collective views of the citizens they're supposed to represent, or do they beckon to private interests first, and public interests second?

I disagree that the current systems can be honestly called purely Democratic while keeping a straight face. The people do not have much legislative power and they are not really represented. Still, it's the least bad option right now for large nations and states

pic unrel
>>
>>16106791
>Still, it's the least bad option right now for large nations and states
ye fully agree. some freedom is better than no freedom. I was just pointing out the limited size of the playground. some people actually believe they have more freedom than they actually have.
>>
File: troll.jpg (64 KB, 600x549)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>16094379
this has got to be a bit
4/5 for effort
>>
>>16106672
That sounds like colonization to me, when are they going to give back their enormous empire?
>>
>>16101703
stop trying to confuse their doublethink
>>
>>16106689
Of course it's not sensible to advocate for unhealthy hierarchies. The issue is the anon seems to take hierarchy in itself as a priori wrong. My point is that he's lying to himself because he's still clearly status obsessed, as are most commutards and shitlibs.
>>
>>16107544
they want the status, but are incapable of earning it so they scheme to acquire it by other more thievish means
>>
>>16106672
Also they owe reparations
>>
>>16106791
I hate this gif, its so misleading, here's a better representation of how it actually looks like: https://youtu.be/uHeTQLNFTgU?t=71
>>
>>16094732
One irony you didn't mention here (since it wasn't related to the anti-colonial context) is that part of the reason we're building these super telescopes is to try to sniff out the atmospheres of terrestrial exoplanets to see if they might have the chemical markers of organic life. We're pouring billions of dollars to try to find what we hope to be another Earth, lightyears away. I definitely agree that answering the question of whether life exists elsewhere is important, but I'm not sure we'd be spending so much to do it if it wasn't about more - we want to know that life exists elsewhere because a) it means humans may not be alone in the universe, and we might be able to commune with others like us rather than be "stuck" by ourselves on this planet, and b) we have a planet B to escape to if planet A should fail. Option b is a non-starter solely from the likelihood of alien biochemistry being toxic or incompatible with our own (not to mention the obscene distances involved), but option a? Westerners and colonizers, in choosing to see the universe as a machine to better understand and control it, have likewise chosen to forget that we are surrounded by non-human intelligences, whom we could commune with only if we had the heart to respect them. When we colonizers chose to stop seeing all life (and matter) as permeated with spirit, we made ourselves alone, and miserable, and in our confusion we began to destroy those relatives we once loved. I highly recommend Ted Chiang's "The Great Silence" for a heart-wrenching short story about this idea.
>>
>>16109962
I was expecting brownian noise and I am not dissapoint. Also life is fucking wild
>>
>>16109962
I want to stick my dick in that thing at 0:26, it's gonna be a tight fit but I think I can make it.
>>
File: 1690301846701766.jpg (7 KB, 250x237)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>16110013
I don't think you'll have to worry, anon. Your dick is certainly small enough to fit in a microscopic hole.
>>
>>16106803
I didn't reply immediately, but I did read your response the other day (Im >>16106791), yeah I realize we do agree.
I really like the way you expressed it:
>I was just pointing out the limited size of the playground

cheers anon
>>
>>16109986
>muh retarded soience fiction space travel star trek fantasy life that was implanted in my brain by degenerate hollywood drug addicts
cringe
>>
>>16094375
0 (zero) political literacy, youre being a contrarian and using some irreééevant youtubers bs video to justifywhy you support zionists.
>>
>>16095716
are you sure he's the completely retarded one anon
>>
>>16094375
Israelis aren't white either. Israel is part of Asia, not Europe. Semites are an Asian race, there isn't even a semitic nation that borders on Europe. Thats why deaths on both sides should be seen as a positive outcome
>>
>>16113309
>Israelis aren't white either. Israel is part of Asia, not Europe. Semites are an Asian race
They wish they were white.
There are no Europeans who wish they were shitskins, but there are billions of shitskins who would rather larp as being Europeans than be what they truly are.
>>
>>16113309
Fun fact: Zionism was actually a CHRISTIAN ideology starting out in the 17th century. Makes sense since settler colonialism isn't exactly a very Jewish thing. That of course makes Zionism even more gross

Believe it or not, no we do NOT "deserve" a homeland. Jews have always WILLINGLY been a diaspora. Ever since before the Roman takeover of Judea, we have spread out, creating community wherever we are. Jews are of every race and from everywhere in the world. I find that beautiful. It is very anarchic in that for Jews, the world is our homeland. That's another reason why I believe that Judaism is inherently Anarchist
>>
>>16098816
The evil monks protect their knowledge by repeated trials of fire, culminating in self-emasculation at the penultimate moment; however, they reserve the kernel for only their family members. Every metroon is mocked behind closed doors because revelation is withheld form them eternally.
>>
>>16115841
Who are these evil monks? Please fill in my /his/torical knowledge gaps.
>>
>>16114614
>Believe it or not, no we do NOT "deserve" a homeland.
Yes, but without a homeland they inevitably end up in EUROPE where they don't belong, and nobody likes them there.
>>
>>16101644
>Ah yes
stopped reading there
>>
>>16094667
Set of all gypsys is a subset of those who are genetically inferior. That anon could still be correct.
>>
>>16094079
How can this bitch rationalize all that while speaking English?
>>
>>16094105
They can colonize but they can be settlers, that's for sure. Once the white natives are gone they won't be able to preserve the infrastructure, we saw this already in African when they kicked out the white colonizers and everything crumbled overnight.
>>
>>16097866
She looks like a self-infatuated smug twat.
>>
Pathetic.
>>
>>16101840
So you're saying it's a good thing?
>>
Mudslimes have been backwards, resisting progress at every turn for centuries now. They only make something of themselves in Western institutes while polluting the local culture. God do I hate these pathetic whiny cockroaches.
>>
>>16094079
Muslims are a cancer in the field of astronomy. I swear to god every time I see a video talking about Pulsars and there's some inbred goatfucker preaching stuff like "oh look the self-insert fanfic Mohammed wrote talks about a knocking star" thinking they're smart or that they ever accomplished anything in the field it just makes my blood boil more than the years of having to debunk their "golden age" myth. Such a narcissistic cult of personality they follow.
>>
>>16094079
My late mother was intimately involved with the negotiations around the telescope in Hawaii, one of the white anthropologists for some undoubtedly racist reason recruited to weigh in, and I am deeply embarrassed by her excuses for participating in what was essentially a rubber stamp whitewash. I care more about the hearts of Hawaiians and the reclamation of what colonialism has damaged... whatever that telescope sees can wait... and in fact we now have a telescope in space, far better. This is ego and empire.
>>
>>16094079
the west has a brownoid and femoid problem
>>
>>16094079
imagine the stench of those pits
>>
>>16094079
>Telescopes
>le bad
Someone should tell that bitch about Omar Al Khayyam.
>>
>>16094079

There WAS a time when it was considered spreading civilization a good and honorable thing, now it is called colonization, a bad and evil thing.

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
>>
File: jwst pic.jpg (28 KB, 460x461)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>we need telescopes
why? what good do telescopes do?
given that the currently existing telescopes have always been deemed unsatisfactory, why do people thing building bigger ones will achieve anything?
>>
>>16094700
you won't do shit timmy
>>
>>16124899
oh forgot to mention im trans btw lol
>>
>>16124897
>what about when Hawaiians colonized Japanese sumo wrestling?
what are you talking about?
>>
>>16094375
I hate them because they block freeways.
>>
tldw
>>
>>16094278
The Dutch invented telescopes. Galileo merely turned the glass away from their neighbouring wives' boudoirs and aimed it towards the heavens.
>>
>>16094278
>because what they saw was not what the church had preached
Akshully it was because it was against what Aristotle deduced. The philosophers who refused to look through the telescope and see the mountains on the moon were fanatical Aristotelians, athiests in private (Aristotle not believing in the immortality of the soul, a Platonic and Christian position,) who had deduced that the moon, and all heavenly bodies, were perfect spheres.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesare_Cremonini_(philosopher)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lodovico_delle_Colombe

There were many factions in the late renaissance and early reformation. The primary faction Galileo ran against were the revived school of Neo-Aristotelians, who being revived by the renewal of Greek philosophy in the renaissance, tried to use the authority of counter-reformation Catholicism to enforce an Aristotelians orthodoxy. Not to say Catholicism wasn't backward and wrong, but the prime movers were their own faction with their own sacred cause: defending Aristotelian physics and philosophy.
>>
>>16128624
Catholics were wrong and retarded and did persecute Galileo for doing science, and were out of step with their contemporary Prostestant peers. However the reasons they did it were because of the ascendency of a Neo-Aristotelian school, who were themselves of far more dubious orthodoxy on more important matters of faith; not believing in the immortality of the soul.
>>
>>16129382
WTF bro let me make fun of christians without correcting me for one fucking thread
>>
>>16094676
>Fatima (Arabic: فَاطِمَة, Fāṭimah), also spelled Fatimah, is a feminine given name of Arabic origin used throughout the Muslim world.
>>
>3 hour video of some arab whore ranting about nothing
tldr?
>>
>>16129414
Wait until you hear how much of Spanish uses Arabic.
>>
>>16094278
>thinks Galileo invented the telescope...
>>
>>16101053
>His biggest argument with the church was entirely because he proposed heliocentrism but couldn't prove the parallax of the stars
He got 8n trouble with the Church because, when he got permission from the Pope to public his book discussing helio- and geo-centrism, he named the character in the dialog who defended the Pope's opinion "Simpleton."
>>
>>16101053
>What did he prove with his telescope that was rejected by the Church?
He observed four moon's of Jupiter orbiting that world, contradicting dogma that everything went around the Earth.
>>
>>16129477
>four moon is of Jupiter
>>
>>16094105
arab pussy is tight though, I think arab man have tiny dicks so that's why so many have bad attitudes, it's just frustration for their tiny dicks
>>
>>16130469
Meds
>>
>>16094079
which constellation are they going to rename after george floyd?
>>
>>16129978
I like that geocentrism makes the planets move around all twisty, it's more fun.
>>
>>16135465
Professional astronomers prefer geocentric coordinates too, because their telescopes are here on Earth
>>
>>16094079
There is no problem with astronomy, scientific advancment is the goal of humanity as a whole, so it doesn't matter what countru or what part of the country is building a tellescope/scientific equipment, everyone will benefit from this.

The problem in that particular case was with the environmental services not monitoring garbage collection, not with astronomers building telescopes.

The overall topic seems just bizzare
>>
>>16094728
Still better than uneducated. At least she just talks, not acts.
>>
>>16095324
I hoped anti-white racism was a thing only in US...
>>
>>16138055
hopefully that can be accomplished without increase the domestic population of them in america
>>
What wrong with colonialism? Every region thats ever been colonized by whites has benefitted massively from it.
Africa, Asia, Australia and the Americas all have oodles of European technology that they would never have been able to develop on their own.
So does Hawaii
>>
>>16139857
this, colonization is good when whites do it.
>>
I assume anybody that uses a palestine flag is a retard
>>
>>16139857
Colonialism truly began to emerge with the grabbing of the Americas. Nearly a third of the world. Europeans realized that they could take whatever they wanted from the indigenous peoples in these lands. The Spanish, English and French became adept at dividing and classifying the indigenous people. They fine tuned colonization. But they were meet with resistance. Many of the settlers found themselves being drawn to indigenous cultures, to the freedom and kinship. In order for the colonists to maintain control they had to placate the settlers or lose their control over them. Thus documents like the constitution were developed. The important point being that the indigenous perspective was the most humane. And this is what been buried by centuries of colonialism.
>>
fags
>>
>>16094079
Nothing to fix. It is colonialism (there are only so many places on earth that optical telescopes can be usefully located) and it just so happens that in the southern hemisphere (the peoples in the north having been sufficiently conquered) all those sites happen to also be historically important to indigenous groups. The problem then is how to negotiate the use of these sites, and if there is no negotiation then there is no telescope. The Hawaii fight over the new telescope is a weird permutation of this conflict which is warped by decades of distrust and abuse by the government and simultaneously a growing interest in preserving indigenous traditions.
>>
You don't really want expect me to watch three fucking hours of a video, just to make a reply that essentially just boils down to calling you a fucking retard.
Right?
You fucking retard.
>>
>>16142360
Strange how often the importance of those traditions wanes when money is offered to those who claim to cherish those traditions.
>>
>>16094079
how many fucking arabs did we let in?
>>
>>16142509
millions
and they're still flooding in, more every day
>>
>>16111703
>irreééevant youtubers
yeah the people blocking streets are all just because of youtube, you got it champ
death to both israel and palestine faggot
>>
>>16114614
lmao same fag in the youtube comments.
filthy fucking jew rat. you dont want a homeland because your a filthy parastie i genuinely wish death on you all
>>
File: astrolabe.jpg (1.49 MB, 1868x1401)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>
File: 109.jpg (55 KB, 640x499)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>16114614
>settler colonialism isn't exactly a very Jewish thing
How come jews were kicked out of 109 countries if they weren't trying to settle in foreigners homelands?
>>
>>16144775
plz stop noticing, goy
>>
>>16094079
why is she wearing tablecloth around her neck?
>>
THE WHITE MAN TRYNNA COLONIZE THE MOOOOOON
>>
>>16094079
absolutely everything about her life is the result of Western culture made by whites, including the whole noble savage liberation and anti-colonialism narrative which came out of an excess of empathy. And of course the whole "back-to-muh-roots" dressing up in trad garb while living the life of an emancipated western career woman.
>>
>>
>>16147239
>which came out of an excess of empathy
It actually came out of an excess of kosher shilling, the empathy meme is just the false justification thats used to explain it
>>
>>16142474
I am sorry, but what do Indian casinos have to do with telescopes in hawaii?
>>
>>16147781
kek
>>
>>16101607
Agreed. he rid the americas of what was basically the local tyrannical nation who preyed upon everything else around it
>>
File: toss.jpg (359 KB, 1000x1000)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>16148625
>>
File: 35308.jpg (1.59 MB, 3462x1962)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
hawaii was colonized by polynesians not all that long before whites arrived there. why was it some sort of crime that whites colonized hawaii, but not a crime when polynesians did?
>>
>>16150527
>but not a crime when polynesians did?
who were the victims when polynesians colonized Hawaii? I'm pretty sure it didn't have humans there before they arrived.
>>
>>16150845
And now Hawaii has all the benefits of modern civilization because whites arrived there. Do you really think the polynesian colonists would be better off with no antibiotics and no electricity?
>>
>>16101053
>The reason he got house arrest was because was a massive autist and called made the defender of geocentrism in his book a retard (simplicus literally meaning simpleton) and heavily implied it was the current Pope.
gigabased
>>
>>16139857
you can colonize countries without being a dick about it though kek.
>>
>oy vey the evil whites brought modern technology to hawaii!!
>dis is anuddah shoah!!
what did the polynesians bless hawaii with other than rats and stone age ignorance?
>>
File: AsXM.png (1.42 MB, 700x992)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Sometimes colonization is good and sometimes its bad, all depends on who is doing it
>>
>>16153661
Getting colonized by whites is the best thing that can possibly happen to any shitskin nation, they instantly get mountains of tech and science knowledges that they couldn't have developed on their own in a million years.
>>
>>16129365
The Dutch invented the microscope so they could see their tiny peckers.
>>
>>16094463
I can save her
BELLA I CAN SAVE YOU
>>
>>16094079
>youtube essay of narcissistic host sitting in a chair
pass
>>
>>16109986
yes anon.
this is what the chuddies really mean when they say “space is fake and gay”

God created the universe with rules to keep us from shitting the bed and immediately moving to shit someone else’s bed. we weren’t meant to fathom or comprehend or achieve certain things. “muh science” fags will argue that such neo-luddite statements are defeatist and primitive. but they are wrong.

“omg the heckin kepler mission found life! it’s only 5000 light years away, and the life we are observing is long dead by now, and will be long dead by the time our signal reaches them, if they are even listening, and we as a species will never be able to reach them physically, but it’s sure great to know they are there!”

fuck you

God doesn’t want you to behave like a smelly brown immigrant and ruin one location only to spread and ruin another like a cancer. so he made the distances too great and the laws too binding. the spirit of exploration and discovery is great, but in certain areas it’s futile and we would all be better served by a scientific community focused on making THIS existence on THIS planet better for everyone. Instead we get billions of tons of toxic rocket exhaust dumped into the atmosphere and a bunch of precious metals dumped into low earth orbit never to be recovered again, all so some fags can be the first to say they found extra terrestrial life in a universe where the existence of extra terrestrial life is comically probable

too long for smooth brain:
fuck space
embrace nature
>>
>>16155534
>God doesn’t want you to
why are you so ashamed of saying that you don't want him to... why invoke a God as an excuse for your ideas?
>I have no responsibility for the results of my actions, it was actually God's so I'm weak this way
>>
all zealots be like
>>
>>16155541
reading comprehension, jayden.

the distance
time dilation
special relativity
the fragility and sensitivity of organic life

it’s all so obviously the result of an omniscient creator, but you are so buttmad about (insert bad thing religious person or group did in the past) you refuse to see it and you’re desperate for your science fiction fantasies to be real. you’re the ones making up imaginary things and using them as a crutch to prop up your weak hopes and dreams of a magical world where a pathetic loser like yourself could actually thrive “someday, if only”
>>
>>16095581
based
>>
>>16155189
tsmt
>>
>>16155189

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.